Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

Ya missed one Twinnie. :kissing_heart:
I’m so grateful you are living a clean serene and beautiful life. You are worth it. :heart:

The first day I blew it and went over 10 :crazy_face:
I’m grateful I’m trying to be more focused and no repeats.
:pray:t2::heart:

9 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful for a rather good day at work. For some relaxed and nice chats with my colleagues.
I am grateful for the community in my house. So grateful people are helpful here. I am still stuck with my laptop problem.
I am grateful I have enough food, electricity, running water, heating that is working.
I am grateful I have enough.

13 Likes

Oh lawt! No repeats. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Today I’m grateful for office @ home. It’s comfortable to walk upstairs instead of using public transportation. I’m grateful I managed to do half of the office stuff that has been waiting for me since my mum’s funeral. The other half is scheduled for tomorrow. Healthy boundaries where I put my energy in and awareness to not overdo it.
I’m grateful for a talk to a friend, I needed it. I’m grateful my lawyer will take care of my requests, another task ticked off the to do list. I’m grateful for my cats, they are love and fun even when they steal my ham!
I’m grateful for my cozy house, my comfy bed, mostly well-behaved cats, the peace and quiet I find in petting them, or just watching them sleep. I’m grateful I go to bed when I’m tired even when it’s only 8 p.m. I’m grateful for a good day.

11 Likes

ok, I’ll bite… I’m gonna try Eric’s 10 gratitude’s for 40 days no repeats. Honestly sharing my gratitude’s on here has been feeling off in a way I can’t articulate so maybe this will help. or maybe not. who knows. But I’m down to give it a try so here goes…

1. My first born Kaegan who legit saved my life and showed me what true love was. My pride, my big old bear that has a great fundamental sense of right and wrong. The gentle giant who will go out of his way to help anyone.
  2. The time we had with Jessie, he was lost to us at the young age of 17 but man oh man were we so privileged to call him son. We had some wonderful years and laughter with him. He taught me some great lessons in learning to loosen my grip as a parent with his free spirit and physically adventurous loving side. lol
  3. My baby girl Ayla who looks so much like her brother Jessie. She marches to the beat of her own drum, plays her own song, and colors wherever the hell she wants. I absolutely love her brave spirit. I can’t wait for the day she sees that in herself again. She has taught me more about compassion and empathy than I ever learned on my own.
  4. The many lessons about life, love, honor, respect, family, giving, doing for others regardless of if they can return it, reaching out, doing for yourself, work ethic, sense of humor and dance my father taught me during his time with me in this world. I’m not always proud of my actions but I am always proud to be who I am because of that man.
  5. My mother and her teaching me that no matter what, you can always hide the body. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl: she had a wicked and morbid sense of humor. Even the night she passed away was full of laughter that most would consider in distaste, but she went out in her way, with us laughing at her morbid sense of humor. She taught me so much about family bonds and ties, and she left me with a massive family to lean on.
  6. My husband, I am so fortunate to have a partner in my life who accepts me as I am yet wants to see me always better myself. He doesn’t mind calling me out when I need it and he accepts me calling him out when he needs it. Always out of love for each other. I know I am always cared for and truly loved with him. Not movie love, not fairy tale loved, but genuine love and that’s not always the easiest thing.
  7. Phoebe, she loves me. I hate that she no longer bites me. on the other hand, she is much more excited to see me when I come home now. Ever since her health has declined some, she has been much nicer to me. As my husband puts it, he is the captain, she is Spock and I’m the crew member. which led to me saying don’t call me a red shirt :rofl: I am grateful for phoebes slow acceptance of me.
  8. Healing, it’s taken me years to get to this point where I feel as though I am starting to heal but it is happening.
    9 Eric and his ideas. :smile: I feel like I’ve put much more thought into this gratitude list today. I’m smiling in my reflection already. Thank you for trying something new and sharing it with us.
    10 All of you, regardless of if you read this or not, lord knows it’s a short book by now, I appreciate all of your shares and reading your gratitude’s.
    For all of this I am truly grateful in my life, memory and foundation.
16 Likes

Is that another version of me? Grateful you made me laugh I think I may have cracked a :smiley: smile. My network of supportive friend keeps growing and I am very grateful for that. There are too many here to try and mention but yall know who ur and know I am grateful for all of you. I’m grateful when I read a troubled share the outpouring of love and support is authentic and moving. I’m grateful that I am able to grok that every one of us has their own road to drive on. Grateful we stay in our lane. Most of all I am grateful that I am free from my addictive behaviors and that therapy was successful for me. I’m grateful for 2 new tires and a brake job so I can go see Blake and Madison. Oh and I guess I will see my daughter and son-in-law too. Grateful I have some groceries. Hungry ,time to eat. Namste

God guru and Self are One

15 Likes

I’m grateful for long weekends.
I’m grateful I still have my parents in my life
I’m grateful for Christmas trees and candles
I’m grateful I’m sensitive and can feel things others can’t
I’m grateful I power watched Wednesday on Netflix :black_heart:
I’m grateful for swims
I’m grateful for beautiful skies
I’m grateful for the love I show myself and others
I’m grateful for forgiveness, that I can give and receive it
I’m grateful for my hope :yellow_heart:

15 Likes

Oh snap, it’s been a week since I checked in here. Grateful for my glitchy phone that makes it difficult to post.
Grateful for a marvelous holiday weekend where we celebrated to the fullest. Grateful I got to hold my 18 year old daughter while she cried. Grateful we had so much fun before and after. Grateful I have Christmas lights on my house. Grateful not a moment is passing me by. Grateful for days that are packed with work and energy and love and all kinds of emotions. I’m grateful for this life i get to live and learn how to enjoy.

13 Likes

Evening gratitude to you all,

Im greatful that i wasnt very greatful getting moving this morning but got my ass up and to work just in time

Im greatful to see a lot of action on the gratitude thread.
Im greatful im looking forward to @Dazercat and @Shaunda new gratitude lists.
Im greatful i repeat my gratitude for my hubby and boscoe today.
Im greatful hubby was productive on his day off and started a fire for me to come home to while he cooks dinner.
Im greatful for my job and feeling productive and valued.
Im greatful dinner is ready and i can leave this list a minute while i eat.

And back at it…

Greatful my sponsor got a hold of me and explained shes been going thru a medical emergency and is in the hospital.
Im greatful i have plans to visit her tomorrow
Im greatful i hit a mondays lady meeting and a lady told me she can see the transformation ive made since may.
Greatful im not stressing over my husbands car drama, hes an adult, hell figure it out
Im greatful i have jason gray on replay for my commute
Greatful for AA, anonymity, and fellowship
Im greatful im inspired by gratitude daily.

Love and light to you all.

15 Likes

I’m grateful for routine, for having a routine to my days and my weeks. I’m grateful it’s not rigid, but predictable for the most part.

I’m grateful that no matter what happens in a day, I know it will end with me putting my sober head on the pillow, and waking up early with nothing to question or fear from the night before.

I’m grateful this morning when I woke early early and looked outside (still dark) and saw the snowstorm, I took my first cup of coffee back to bed, like it was the weekend.

I’m grateful for the good day I had at my desk, that I didn’t let the overwhelm take hold. Grateful to feel stronger in myself in a lot of ways.

I’m grateful I’m saying “no” more - which is also saying “yes” to other things, things that matter more to me. I’m grateful to have a chance to bring alignment into myself and my day this way - by having my time and actions reflect my values and priorities. Got a long ways to go before it’s autopilot!

Grateful for the great meeting tonight. The shares, but also the way the Sangha responds to the people in it. Life’s little dramas (and some big ones too) play out there too, and I learn a lot by watching how others respond.

Grateful for hard candies that remind me of the christmases of my childhood!

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

17 Likes

Some morning gratitude. I’m grateful I woke up around 6 a.m. This seems to settle as autopilot wake up time. I like it. Grateful the cats contribute to this routine, they purr, snuggle and miow around and on me in bed. I love that.
I’m grateful that tonight’s nightmares were less exhausting than the last nights. Grateful I feel I got enough quality sleep and feel ready for the day.
I’m grateful I finally found some energy and structure to turn to all the issues and to dos. Grateful I feel good about it and I’m grateful I took the time to wait until I feel ready to work through this pile of tasks. Today I’m looking forward to it with a smile, feeling all right. I hope and pray it stays this way.
And now breakfast for cats and tea for me.

15 Likes

Im am extremely grateful for the power i have to decide to drink or not to drink … that power is the source of my sobriety… it is an unbiased power that i can use to invest in my future one second at a time…

13 Likes

I am grateful today for the life I still get to build, despite the dark repetetive loop I’ve been stuck in for so many years. I’ve been learning, that I can do things, that frighten me and I will come out of it wiser and happier. Most of the time its a lot less terrifying in reality than it was in my head. Recognizing it feels scary and then doing it anyway has made all the difference for me.
Grateful for christmas music from the kitchen and my delicious strong coffee. :orange_heart:

15 Likes

I’m grateful I didn’t drink yesterday. Grateful my doctor can see me this morning. Grateful this migraine is starting to ease up. Grateful for coffee. Grateful for Cyber Monday sales and new clothes that actually fit. Grateful for quiet mornings and solitude to start my day.

15 Likes

Morning gratitude ya’ll,

Im greatful for…

@KarenKW didnt drink last night and got an early appt with her doctor
My sobriety, 212 days free from weed and alcohol
AA fellowship
My hubby
Boscoe, my lil shadow
My mom being available to watch Boscoe today
A packed schedule at work…makes the time fly
Shelter
Heat
Clean running water
Pillows, so many pillows
My drinking nightmares remind me how much i value my sobriety
Warm socks
Coffee
A sense of well being and self compassion

Love and light to you all.

15 Likes
  1. I’m grateful CJ just dropped her gratitude list it makes it real easy to find this thread first thing this morning.
  2. I’m grateful for the simple things, like “hey :thinking: I can pack before bed. I’m not drunk.”
  3. I’m grateful it’s only a 3 day trip and it’s going to be cold in Dallas, so it will make packing my stuff, and the pets to the vet, much easier.
  4. I’m grateful, as long as Gus keeps cooking, this will be our last trip of the year.
  5. I’m grateful I woke up right after my alarm, that I did not hear, :grimacing: because the alarm in the iPad Mini is fucked. And I’m fully confident now it’s not user error.
  6. I’m grateful for my son.
  7. I’m grateful for my sons wife.
  8. I’m grateful when they said “if it wasn’t for y’all we would never have had Norma.” :cry: just about the sweetest thing my son and DIL could ever say to us :sob:
  9. I’m grateful we got CLEAR as we will be going to the airport quite often now.
  10. I’m grateful I got my day going with my gratitude. I was going to do it later, like on the plane or something, but I’m happy I got to start my day with it instead.
    :pray:t2: :older_man: :airplane: :cowboy_hat_face: :heart:

If you put gratitude at the center of your life. One day you’ll find it has completely taken over your life!”
How awesome is that?
Create Fate Enterprises

16 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful for recovery podcasts. I’m grateful for coffee, and heaters in the car. I’m grateful for new pens to use at work. I’m grateful for the Christmas stuff I got done yesterday, and for the Christmas lights.
Everyone have a wonderful day❤️

15 Likes

Travel safe!

6 Likes

Today I’m grateful to live in a city with a pretty good transit system so I don’t have to commute through a snowstorm!

I’m also grateful for my Momma, and the apparently endless well of optimism she’s given me. Looking for the bright side is automatic in nearly every circumstance. There are an infinite never of reasons I’m grateful for my Momma, but I think this is hands down on of my most valuable assets, and I’m a very lucky girl.

15 Likes

This morning I am grateful for
1 pictures of Boscoe! I just adore that pooch. :heart_eyes:
2. Learning what my boundaries need to be within a homegroup and setting them.
3. Learning where I do my best service work, where I best understand people, where I can offer the most support.
4. A loving family to support me when my body will not support me the way I need it to. In the words of an elderly man I used to care for " getting old ain’t fer sissies" p.s. i’m a sissy :rofl:
5. Step 10 of alcoholics anonymous, writing my inventory most nights has been incredibly beneficial for me. Making amends on the spot as soon as I realize something instead of ignoring it or justifying it has made a huge change in my life.
6. Phoebe cuddling with me this morning. That rarely happens. She sat with me for a good 10 minutes licking my hand. I’ll take it!
7. Not having to work today. I’m in a lot of pain and did not sleep well last night, so I am especially grateful I am off work today.
8. a working heater. It’s 10 degrees Fahrenheit outside with a little over an inch of snow. I’m not living outside and cold.
9. my employer, not the hours I want but these folks have been pretty awesome to me and worked around a lot of things in my short 4 months with them. Newly sober was a turbulent time for me and they could have let me go on several occasions, yet they chose to see my work ethic beyond my difficulties.
10. the snow. we always need a good snow pack for the short upcoming summer months. the more snow pack the better for our area.

13 Likes