Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

Oh snap Darcy I noticed and gratefully missed you. Wait that sounds wrong. I just missed you.

“Grateful I got to hold my 18 year old daughter while she cried.”

I’m grateful you experienced that. Grateful for a rough night with a dear friend having to deal with utter insanity. Grateful we came to an intelligent decision about how she should proceed. Grateful for the wild animal making the craziest nose outside my open widow at 4 am. Grateful I never figured out wtf it was. Grateful my upstairs neighbor heard it too and was yelling “shut up” at it. What can I say,made me laugh. Grateful for Tonglen meditation every morning. Grateful for a good Refuge Recovery on-line meeting. Grateful for the guided meditation on forgiveness. Grateful for the shares. Grateful I get to attend an in-person RR meeting this evening. I am grateful for all the love inside me. Grateful for this thread. Grateful for my tshirt collection. Grateful for my green smoothie. Grateful for all of y’all. Make it a grateful sober day. Namaste🙏🏼

God guru and Self are One

14 Likes

I’m grateful for the pink clouds in todays sunrise
I’m grateful for my early morning workout and swim
I’m grateful I had time to journal before work
I’m grateful that when I’m reflective and aware of my moods day to day, I can do little things to improve the next one and it lifts my spirits.
I’m grateful I’m a hugger and always have been. I’m grateful I give and receive lots of them.
I’m grateful I could be there for my boss today after she suffered a loss.
I’m grateful I have nutritious food to eat and a safe home to come home to every night.
I’m grateful that I can remind myself that the smallest comforts I have access to, I’m lucky to have.
I’m grateful I cooked last night, so I could just relax and enjoy my night after work.
I’m grateful life feels calm and peaceful today.
I’m grateful I was able to limit social media.
I’m grateful for books, poetry, new perspectives and my open mind and heart.
I’m grateful for another day :yellow_heart:

17 Likes

Grateful I made it through another day sober. Grateful for my therapy session today and not bailing. Grateful for different coping strategies to combat anxiety. Grateful for chamomile tea which I been drinking during the day instead of coffee. Grateful for night time walks to buy candy. Tonight i bought tropical mike and ikes. Grateful for my skateboard. Grateful for the basketball court in my neighborhood. Grateful for my big book and reading by the pond. Grateful for Mother Nature which is my God. Grateful for this community

18 Likes

Boscoe I love you man!

4 Likes

Pepto sky

12 Likes

Gratitude list

I’m grateful for Christmas trees
Two that I’ve decorated
My puppy’s sweet snores
My mom’s encouragement
My boyfriend’s work ethic
Nutcrackers
New clients

I’m trying very hard to be grateful today. It shouldn’t be that hard but on struggle days, it’s super fucking hard.

16 Likes

I’m so grateful for this thread - the vastness of all the things to be grateful for.

I’m grateful for coming upon things like this :point_down:

These are the gifts of this thread, and I’m so grateful to you all for them! We increase our collective bandwidth for gratitude here, you know?

I’m grateful for new experiences. Like tonight’s. I don’t live in a very earthquake-y part of the world so haven’t ever felt one. Until a few hours ago. :grimacing: I’m grateful it caused no damage. I chuckled after, thinking that I would have used it as a “hall pass” (is that yours, Eric?) to uncork some liquid soothe-er in the before time. (There might be some salted caramel gelato before the day is done, but that’s just common sense.)
Having been through a few natural mini-disasters (without incident), I know to think about water and electricity. I’m grateful these are fine. I take them for granted every day.

I take so much for granted. Every single day.

I’m grateful for my recovery, that I get to recover, and in turn, my recovery opens my eyes to all I have to be grateful for.
Weird. Fun! Beautiful.

(I’ll be grateful if there are no more earthquakes tonight, yep. :wink:)

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

15 Likes

Good evening. :sparkles:

Grateful that my parents made it home safely through the storm, there are some massive winds throwing a decent amount of snow around. This island doesnt get much snow compared to the mainland, and it shuts down when there is threat of a storm. I am grateful that all of my plans for tomorrow are cancelled, I get a snow day.
Grateful for the yoga class I experienced this morning, wow. Grateful for the yogi and the deep connection I had with him while he led the class. I followed my intuition and changed yoga studios, it was such a good move. I am grateful for gentle guidance.
I am grateful for all of the “God shots” I have been experiencing. Super grateful to have an open heart and to be able to recieve all of the gifts.

:heart: :snowflake: :dizzy:

19 Likes

I am grateful to be sober. Many things make me feel it even more. Someone I know irl relapsed and contacted me that day. He ‘confessed’ yesterday. I am powerless. I can offer my experience, my help. It’s up to him to take it. Made me think of relationships.
I am grateful all my bikes are fit again. Gooooo Franzi :joy:
I am grateful for the ohhh, ahhhs and uhhhhs I experienced again last night in a backbends yoga course I started.
I am grateful my timer just told me I made it 3 days without chocolate. :tada:
I am grateful for TS, this thread and so much more.

14 Likes

I am grateful I don’t have to drink anymore.
I met with my dad yesterday and watched him drink champagne like water. I could see the addict demanding a certain level of numbness in him. It terrified and hurt me and for a short moment my own inner addict just wanted to numb out as well.
I am grateful it only took a split second to recognize, it was fear and helplessness with the situation, that caused the instant craving. Once I placed it, I could let it go.
I have yet to process the feelings of helplessness and sadness. I want to be angry for what happened, but being a recovering addict myself, I just feel sadness for my dad. Or maybe myself, I don’t know. I have to think about how to go from here and how to put up some boundaries for myself.
I am sorry I am being a bit glum this morning. I am grateful I have this place to put this :orange_heart:

13 Likes

Really struggling to feel grateful this morning but I know I need to find something positive.

I’m grateful I didn’t drink yesterday
I’m grateful I saw my doctor and he was supportive
I’m grateful for leftover pizza
Grateful for coffee
Grateful my dream was just a dream and not real

15 Likes

Nearly 236 days sober and despite some emotional and mental challenges lately I’m content and grateful that I’m sober every single day. I could not accomplish half of the equilibrium I now cherish without this gift. And I am grateful foremost.

Grateful for a lovely home
Grateful I can cook
Grateful I have a Kindle
Grateful for my partner
Grateful for a comfy bed
Grateful for warm water
Grateful that I have some family left who I can Vibe with honestly
Grateful I have found a way to let go of the family that hurt me and find some peace in that
Grateful for cheesy Christmas movies
Grateful for alternatives to help my IBS and the opportunity to help myself
Grateful for you all :heart:

14 Likes

No apologies here my friend. Better out than in @Pandita .i am 7 months clean and just learning how to set boundaries. They are a very crucial part of recovery in my opinion…it’s okay to feel however you feel about your dad. Hope your day is beautiful.

7 Likes

I’m thinking struggle is a good thing Karen. It shows you’re not complacent. Keep struggling it’s temporary like everything is. I am grateful to be ALIVE. Grateful to read gratitude shares. Grateful for Ram Dass for Refuge Recovery online :pray: grateful for today’s guided meditation. Grateful I HEARD it. Grateful I see I need to put myself in check to understand that my friend is responsible for her own happiness no matter my wishes for her. Grateful I stopped short of donning the Superman cape. Grateful this old dawg can learn new tricks. Ever grateful for this community and this thread. Offering y’all Metta. Namaste

God guru and Self are One

9 Likes

Early afternoon check-in. Today I’m grateful I helped friends yesterday.

Grateful for a long talk with an old friend. Grateful for this deep conversation. Things went bad between us years ago and we talked about it. I acted selfish and insensitive back then and hurt her. I appologized and we both felt better afterwards.

I’m grateful for smart TV. I sit on the couch and watch some video of a beach. Just the sea and the beach and the noise of the waves. Vacation for stay-at-home people.

I’m grateful I can tick off another term of my to do list. Tick one off, get 3 new instead, but that’s ok. Step by step.

I’m grateful I had an idea how to put up the christmas lights in the living room and it worked :sparkling_heart:

I’m grateful I can stay home for as long as I want, appointments for this week are finished. I feel exhausted allthough everything went well and was productive. I’m still low on energy. Three days in a row with a packed schedule is enough. I have to pause and rest.

I’m grateful for office @ home, email, wetransfer, cloud service, wlan, my reliable printer, the pc is not messing around. I was able to give my cats a buttcut (haircut on the butt to prevent litter box accidents) while they were mooching around on the desk, distracting me from work. I’m grateful for well groomed cats.

I’m grateful I feel full of love for my late mum. The settlement of her estate will take a few months, der Heilige Bürokratius schaut auf sein Österreich. Translations of the last sentence are welcome :pray:

I’m grateful for my warm, cozy, decorated home and I’m grateful to live here alone with my cats. The more time passes, the less I miss my husband. I think this is life.

14 Likes

Today I’m reminding myself to be grateful to have friends and colleagues that like me enough to want me around, and that I like enough to agree to spend time with. I’m grateful for reminders to take things one day at a time when I begin to feel overwhelmed. Overnight my calendar filled up for the next four days straight and I recognize that this has been a source of acute anxiety in the past, and I can feel the trigger mechanisms in my thoughts traps clicking into place. I’m grateful for the self-awareness I’ve learned, and I’m so grateful for this place and how it helps me reflect and properly articulate my feelings and fears.

13 Likes
  1. I’m grateful we made it safely to Big D.
  2. I’m grateful it’s a non stop flight.
  3. I’m grateful the hotel upgraded our room to a suite :scream:
  4. I’m grateful I was very calm when Hertz had no cars :grimacing: and we had to wait in line awhile for a clean car to be brought up. Those people were working as hard as they could. I’m sure it wasn’t their fault and there were enough other angry people around. And I’m pretty sure being angry wouldn’t bring a car up faster.
  5. I’m grateful we made it to our dinner res last night.
  6. I’m grateful for room service coffee.
  7. I’m grateful my DIL made lunch reservations for the 5 of us. Taking baby to lunch. :sparkling_heart:
  8. I’m grateful I ran out of hall passes :raising_hand_man: And survived :wink:
  9. I’m grateful the red roses :rose: I surprised my wife with in the hotel room look beautiful.
  10. I’m grateful we had a good laugh when they fucked up the card and wrote welcome back Mr. G. So there I was explaining what should have been on the card to my beautiful wife :joy:
    The travel day was actually a smooth day with a bunch of “comedy of errors,” we could laugh at.
    :pray:t2::heart:

Set peace in your mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.
Brian Tracy

15 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so greatful for…

My sobriety 210+ days free from weed and alcohol
Hubby made dinner last night
I had a productive day yesterday
Was able to visit my sponsor at the hospital
AA fellowship
Boscoe
A late start to my morning, which is ok
Casual dress work environment
Patience
Jason grays order disorder reorder cd on repeat in my car
Mornings with the hubby
A nice shrimp hellofresh meal for dinner tonight

Love and light to you all. You rock!

11 Likes
  • I’m grateful to have a decent car to drive an hour to work everyday
  • I’m grateful to be clean
  • I’m grateful to be making conscious contact with a power greater than myself
    -Grateful for my family and friends
    -Im grateful to address negative thoughts almost immediately, and try and make a positive out of it
13 Likes

Good morning everyone. Today I am grateful

1. Eric and his wife had a safe flight.
  2. Calypso, my daughters’ cat. We were apprehensive when we got her, but she has worked out perfectly. even though she’s a brat. lol
    3.The problem being me. I can work on me.
  3. Being able to recognize I am in fear. It took me a bit, and some step work, it’s always fear. don’t know why I’m always surprised lol
  4. seeing commonalities instead of differences. It’s getting easier.
  5. learning to dish out trust in small portions.
  6. remembering people are fallible and we all make mistakes.
  7. willingness to understand
  8. knee braces. I can walk a bit easier.
  9. my healthy breakfast. I’ve been eating like a trash panda for a few months.
16 Likes