Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

I am grateful for laughter, and its power to drag sadness from dark caves.

That’s a beautiful sentence. It will be on my mind as I try to bring more humor to my work this week. Thank you!

7 Likes

Congrats to you @LAB and your husband on your sobriety dates!

Today I am grateful for feeling rested and ready - that will never be taken for granted. I’m grateful for this forum/app and to be able to read stories, feelings, thoughts, inspirations, struggles and triumphs from people all over the world sometimes almost in real time. 24/7. The connection that brings, especially during darker times, is magical. I’m grateful for the time, place, and ability to take a jog today and to watch my son coaching kids in basketball at the same place he was coached as a little fella. I’m grateful we will have dinner with my Mom tonight, and for the time this weekend to “work” at my own pace even though it doesnt feel like work. I’m grateful to pursue a field I love rather than something I “have” to do to. I’m grateful for the courage to get off the hamster wheel. I am grateful for my new practice of imagining and hearing the word “PIVOT” (sounding a lot like Ross in “Friends” when carrying a couch upstairs) when negative, useless, self-defeating thoughts and memories creep in. Needless to say, I’ve been “pivoting” a lit lately, but I hope that lessens along the way.

Wishing all a beautiful, peaceful day.

11 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful…

@Bluekoolaid and @I.cant.We.can are checking in with some gratitude
@LAB has 15 Months!!! Way to be!
My sobriety
My husbands sobriety
Our mended and loving newlywed-like relationship
Boscoe sleeping at my head
Boscoe being my shadow
A wonderful, manic friday
Up early on a saturday, hangover free
Plans today and sunday, making the most of my weekends
Sticking to my healthy eating
Almost enjoying chores
Sober another day
AA fellowship
Everyone here
This forum

Positive energy headed your way

14 Likes

I’m grateful we made it home safely yesterday. I’m grateful the pets were so happy to see us. I’m grateful we were so happy to see our pets. I’m grateful we haven’t replaced the carpet yet. Minnie :scream: :man_facepalming: Poor girl. I’m glad I was sober to clean up the mess when we got home. I saw it first. I’m grateful Minnie seems to be resting peacefully on the couch this morning.

I’m grateful I didn’t have to “force” myself to start my day with a morning meditation. And Mavy quickly joined in. And Benson’s barking just brought a welcome home smile to my face.

I’m grateful to be able to sit here in the comfort of my home. With my fireplace, swimming pool, waterfall, saguaro, desert and mountain view. And our huge cat condo palace in the window. Im grateful for all my blessings.

I’m grateful I’m determined not to be down and depressed after coming home, because she always ties one on. I’m grateful it’s just what addicts do. I’m grateful it’s not personal. I’m grateful I had plenty of room in the bed with Benson and some cats last night. I’m grateful I got a great long nights sleep in bed last night.

I’m grateful for Gus. :white_check_mark:
I’m grateful for Norma. :white_check_mark:
And most grateful they are both safely in this world with parents that love them.

I’m grateful I got my meetings Sunday and Monday.
I’m grateful The Recovery Show has a new podcast for my much needed solo long walk today.

I’m grateful I get all this extra time this morning to go at my pace and work on myself. I’m grateful Alice just came out and is now purring on my lap. I’m grateful we get to juice her up today. The vet where we board them just cannot give her subcutaneous fluids. I’m grateful she still looks pretty good after missing a few days.

I’m grateful for you all.
I’m grateful I get to share my gratitude here.
I’m grateful to still be a work in progress.
:pray:t2::cactus:
I’m grateful she just found another poop in the excercise room. The rule is. You find it you clean it. Nah I’m not smiling and shitty grin. That’s just Karma. :blush:

”When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.”
Willie Nelson

18 Likes

I love love love love this.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

We joke around with that phrase all the time. Friends junkies here. I’m grateful you just gave me a new meaning for it.

Congratulations @Lab on your 15 months and Hubby’s nine.

And I love this little nugget too. :heart::heart::heart: I’ve never heard it put like that.
Way to Be :thinking: I’m so stealing that.

8 Likes

Good morning.

I am grateful to be off the wicked merry-go-round of active addiction. The carousel of cravings that were never fixed. I am grateful that my drugs stopped working and that no matter how much I did I could not get high. I am grateful I couldnt OD on my DOC the way I was using it. I am grateful that when I started using other things to get high, while I used a ridiculous amount of my DOC to keep my jones at bay, I was not satisfied. It just wasnt the high I wanted. I am grateful I was using hard drugs when I was young and that I didnt relapse to them. I am grateful my heart didnt stop. I have lost a lot of friends in active addiction, a high percentage of them died of heart attacks due to our DOC’s. Our bodies are not made to be beaten up the way we beat them. I am grateful that my body forgives me and still fights for me to survive.
I love my body. :heart:

17 Likes

That is something that happens to me. I was used to hate people. When I begun to recover my wife told me: “yo do not know how a lot of people loves you”. Because of alcohol I do not aware of them. I started to count my blessings in terms human beings.

13 Likes

Today I’m grateful I had a good day off. Decided in the morning that I need a break. I’m grateful for snow, everything is beautiful when it’s covered with fresh, fluffy snow.

I’m grateful for a haircut, yummi leftovers, lazy cats & me on the couch, a long bath, a good book. I’m grateful the miss-my-ex feeling that hit me in the afternoon is almost gone. I’m grateful for a nice call today and for ending it when I felt I had enough and don’t wanna talk or listen anymore. Healthy, caring and nice boundaries.

12 Likes

Good afternoon all,
I’m grateful to read all the gratitude’s here, even if I don’t post mine every day. I’m grateful for so many good things- milestones, grand babies, missed people checking in, all the everyday things that others are grateful for. I’m grateful to be part of it. I’m grateful for a good workout this morning, good ham and bean soup for lunch, and a nap soon to come. I’m grateful I don’t have to plan any of these things around drinking. I’m grateful to be feeling peaceful and relaxed today.
Everyone have a wonderful day (and keeping coming back, ya you!):heart:

12 Likes

Great pic @I.cant.We.can. I’m really grateful to see you. Ya you! It doesn’t matter if you slipped or for how long. I have a lifelong friend who had 40 years of sobriety and relapsed. He got back on the horse and he’s doing great again one day at a time. Just sayin. I am grateful my son is visiting until Monday. I’m grateful he and. I are vegan and he fixes great dishes for us. I’m grateful for two meetings this morning. Grateful for my practice. Not perfection. Practice. Grateful for gratidudes and dudettes. I’m grateful for what I have. I’m grateful He shook me awake this day. I’m grateful for equanimity. I’m grateful for you Brian. :pray: Namaste

God guru and Self are One

12 Likes

So fricken greatful today…and a little manic :wink:

Im greatful i got my tire fixed and didnt spend too much
Im greatful i got home in time to kiss my husband before he heads to work for the next 12 hours
Im greatful i had a lunch date with a few ladies
Im greatful Boscoe is curled up on my lap and i am happy joyous and free
Im greatful for @Soberbilly perspective
Im greatful i dont want to drink today
Im greatful i can just chill and give myself a break, chores can wait
Im greatful my husband gave me a giftcard i could use today
Im greatful for positive loving relationships
Im greatful im not depressed today. That shit is exhausting, so is mania. Hopeful my moods balance out soon

13 Likes

I have watched house … most seasons… maybe I will rewatch House. I never heard of that inquest show… I will have to look that up. Sorry you can’t get the lemon heads !! They are probably one of my favorite candies. If you really wanna try them maybe you can order them online. It’s worth it… not sure where you live but in the United States the lemon heads are at most Walmarts and sometimes grocery stores … they can be hard to find though…

7 Likes

Today I am grateful that though I had a crappy night’s sleep, I am sober and I’ll never feel as crappy tired as I did hungover.

Grateful for brunch with friends I haven’t seen in close to fifteen years. We were in a mom group and as kids got busy, we drifted apart. One of my commitments this year is to reconnect with people I enjoy. I have been sad and lonely, maybe they have been, too.

Even more grateful that no one was drinking and that a couple of the Moms have sworn off alcohol for good, for varying reasons.

Grateful for carnitas - because - carnitas.

Grateful my oldest child is feeling more herself now that her meds are balancing.

Grateful that both of kids understand boundaries and for the most part know how to draw them (yes, even with me. I encourage it.)

Grateful that I don’t have anywhere else to be today. 1. My kid has my car. 2. It’s freaking COLD.

Grateful for cozy PJ pants and a well-worn hoodie.

Grateful, as always, for all of you.

15 Likes

I’m grateful for two time grandpa @Dazercat! Your spirit shines through your honesty. Thank you and super congratulations to you. Keep being great please. :heart::clap:t3:

8 Likes

Thank you for your powerful post. It made me think and I like your humor and your pet hen :blush:

6 Likes

Morning,
Yesterday when I woke up my first thought was ‘I’m so glad I dont drink’. I’m grateful to feel this way, I’m grateful I’m not hankering after a drink, I’m not sure how my journey would be if I were. I’ve got this place and all of you to thank for that, and Allen Carr and Annie Grace.
I’ve had such a busy week so today I’m grateful to still be in bed. I’m walking my friend’s dog later and will bake and cook something later too.
I’m grateful for online libraries and catch up tv.
I’m grateful drinking is not a part of my life any more :sparkling_heart:

16 Likes

Today I’m grateful for an unscheduled day that starts with gratitude and reading newspapers with my coffee. I’m grateful dinner with my Mom last night only triggered 1 moment of awful, negative feelings, but I quickly thought through why she reacted the way she did and moved on – or PIVOTED. I’m grateful for the beautiful sunrise out my window and for the change in weather reports showing much less rain than expected. I’m grateful for my training, my pace increasing and for way I feel when I am running. My confidence and the way I see myself is shifting and that is truly a blessing. I am grateful for each moment that I don’t want to drink. I am grateful for this thread and this forum, and wish each of you a peaceful day.

14 Likes

I love this.:purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart: and congratulations on your 15 months and hubby’s 9. Yay for y’all. My sister and brother-in-law retired from teaching here in Manatee County last year. It’s a noble profession that I feel many are UNgrateful for. I’m so so grateful for TS as well LAB. Crucial in my ongoing recovery. I too am 9 months clean. This moment I’m grateful my son is here with me.

And grateful the Sparks wimmins are visiting today. Blessed be. :pray: God guru and Self are One

14 Likes

I’m grateful for a ten minute Yoga Nidra morning meditation with Benson. :grimacing: Poor Mavy came up and left :crying_cat_face: I felt bad.

I was driving home from a late dinner last night thinking how grateful I am that there is not a ounce of alcohol in me for the ride home. For over 3 Fucken years :scream::scream::scream: Ya, we go out to eat a lot! And the hopping crowded wine tasting bar restaurant we went to last night, with all this cool wine paraphernalia would have made it dangerous for me to drive home over 3 years ago. I’m grateful I’m sober. I’m grateful I am no longer willing to get behind the wheel of a car and kill you for my drink. Because that is exactly what I use to do. I’m so grateful to God somehow I never killed anyone. I’m grateful I always knew my limits. :thinking: Or did I? Who the fuck knows. Fuck I’m depressing myself.

Im grateful the dogs are barking at something.
I’m grateful the dogs were rumpussing last night, unfortunately it’s around my swimming pool. Makes me nervous. I’m grateful I’m always outside with them or can see them when the old dog girl :kissing_heart: (M) is outside.

I’m grateful we got Alice a full tank yesterday on the sub Q’s. She lookin good :blush: I’m grateful I swear she was following us around yesterday waiting for it.

I’m grateful I got my meeting tonight and hopefully tomorrow if it doesn’t cut into my eye doc appointment. I’m grateful I think it’s pretty funny, while in Thousand Oaks last week having a great time, I was thinking, :thinking: “You know, things aren’t that bad. Maybe I don’t need these meetings.”
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I’m grateful for stinking thinking.
I’m grateful I can laugh at myself.

I’m grateful I’m chairing the meeting tonight. I get to pick “Changed Attitudes.” It was so easy to do in a group setting last week. Not so easy at home alone just the 2 of us. I’m grateful it can be done though.

I’m GRATEFUL I am no longer willing to kill you for a drink anymore.
:pray:t2::heart:

“I looked around and thought about my life. I felt grateful. I noticed every detail. That is the key to time travel. You can only move if you are actually in the moment. You have to be where you are to get where you need to go.”
– Amy Poehler

14 Likes

Grateful to meet you Clair.
love the earrings :hugs:
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes