Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

I am grateful that I can see that my mind ruminating and replaying negative things is a trigger and a trap. I am grateful I have tools to strengthen my resolve and encourage me to refocus on healthier things. I am grateful I woke up anxious and unsettled but sober. I am grateful I have a whole day to fill. I am grateful I can control 1 thing about that day- I will not drink. I may continue to feel anxious and unsettled, but I will ride that wave sober. I am grateful I know that means that the negative feelings will crash to shore and pass eventually, and I will have processed them instead of numbing them and having them return even stronger.

13 Likes

Iā€™m grateful your pet hen is getting better. Whatā€™s her name?

I been meaning to ask and look and scroll backā€¦.but Iā€™d be grateful if you could just tell me what the link or website is with the Al-Anon speakers you mentioned sometime this year?
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

7 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful forā€¦

My sobriety, 273 days free from weed and alcohol
Slow forward progress in my weightloss journey
My hubby working his ass off to provide
Boscoe and all his cuddles
Having enough
Less racing thoughts today
Got my chores done yesterday so its a true day of rest
I dont dread sundays and mondays as i did in my drinking days
Looking forward to some american football today
Still counting calories 30 days in
Consistency is key
All of you of course

We got this thing. One day at a time.

15 Likes

Today Iā€™m grateful for my warm house. For cat snuggles. For the old boy being still here with me. It seems to me he had a not so good day today, Iā€™m a bit worried. I love him so much. Iā€™m grateful I did finances again. Iā€™m grateful I have a good memory because when I was finished I somehow overwrote my excel sheets with csv. Fucking all I did the whole day is lost :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Back to start tomorrow. Should only take a few hours, thanks to myself for knowing what Iā€™m doing. Exept how to save a file properly :woman_facepalming:
Itā€™s evening and dark. Most of the day was grey again. Iā€™m grateful for the sunbeams that made it through this depressing grey. Iā€™m moody. I miss my mum. I miss my ex. I want to be cuddled and loved. I waaaaannnt ā€¦ Iā€™m grateful this feelings will pass. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ll be in bed early, already took my sleeping meds. Thoughts are rushing and I want to step out of that hamster wheel in my head. Iā€™m grateful the big red furball is sleeping next to me on the couch. All cats are sleeping. Iā€™m grateful for being sober.

17 Likes

I am grateful to be sober. I am grateful I made it almost through day one caffeine free.
I am grateful for central heating.
I am grateful a calm day. Be understanding that I donā€™t feel very well today. Itā€™ll be over soon.

14 Likes

Today i am grateful for:

• My relationship with God and the faith and trust and reliance on God that i have. That no matter what happens i can always come to God with anything.
  • Me being open with my husband this morning about all the stuff thats in my mind and about my mental health (which we rarely talk about)
  • For all of you on TS that make me feel not so alone and for those that encourage me. A place where i can share practically anything with.
  • Gentleness. Today I have realized that im human. That I dont have to put on a good front that nothing is bothering me. That its okay to feel what i feel and that its okay that i have things to work on. Im not perfect.
  • For my health. Even though I struggle with my eating at times, this is something that i can continually work on overtime. There is no rush in having to be at my goal weight for a specific time.
  • My job. Yes my job lol Im grateful that I can work and that i have a job to work at. Even tho its hard some days, i just need to show up and be grateful that i have the opportunity to work.
  • The cold weather and especially the bright beautiful sun thats out there today. Its really picking up my spirits
  • And finally snow peas. Bcuz they are good and they remind me of when i was a little girl eating fresh green beans/peas from my moms garden
15 Likes

I am grateful with you :heart:. I have the same gratitude. Found out I had a ā€œsilentā€ heart attack pre colon resection. I ignored my health for multiple years. I am getting up there but still manage an hour of aerobic exercise every day. My bp is lower than it has been since I was in my early 30s. Yeh I love my old ass body. Have a great end to your weekend Stella. All the best. :pray: Namaste God guru and Self are One

7 Likes

Iam grateful for the new life Iā€™m leading.
Iam grateful for the bright future ahead of me.
Iam greatful to my body and will treat you with respect.
Iam grateful for the joy my houseplants bring me.
Iam grateful of the endless love from my children.
Iam so grateful for another day and not taking it for granted.

15 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for 25 days today. Iā€™m grateful for my life. I look around at my family, my job, my grad program Iā€™m 2 classes from finishing, the baseball team I am the head coach of, and I realize Iā€™m the richest man I know. Itā€™s funny, when the lotto gets big I always try to get a ticket but as I buy it and wait for the numbers part of me always says ā€œyou know what God, I know it would be nice to be rich but the truth is you made me a rich man and I donā€™t deserve any of it if we are judging my life on my worst days.ā€ Iā€™m grateful for the moments that led me to decide to get sober because they all string together to lead me to a decision that saved my life. Happy Sunday everyone, sorry to San Francisco fans I am sure there will be lots of talk on the sports thread :heart:

13 Likes

Congratulations on 29 days. You SHOULD be proud. Iā€™m proud of you toošŸ‘ and nice ta meetcha! Keep it going @Claire_quit2

4 Likes

Congrats on 25 days. You made a good decision.

5 Likes

Iā€™m grateful itā€™s a sunday night and Iā€™m not trying to extend the weekend by sipping the night away.

Iā€™m grateful one of my work-ish activities this week got postponed. I thought I had some homework this aft, but I took a nap instead. Delish. I am grateful for my work.

Iā€™m grateful I can go easier on myself when I just need to catch up on rest and sleep. I did a good lot of that this weekend. Guilt-free.

Iā€™m grateful for winterfest here! Iā€™m grateful to witness the intense drive of young athletes. It was cold this morning, but Iā€™m grateful I get to help out. I hope the weather doesnā€™t drop below race temps for them. Or me. :cold_face:

I am grateful for my cozy little home. Itā€™s late to be eating, but Iā€™m grateful for the soup I have on the stove. Inspired by a pic of soup @EarnIt made some time ago. Maybe Iā€™ll post a pic myself.

Iā€™m grateful for the meeting I attended online tonight (thatā€™s all I can get up here - but Iā€™ll take my online Sangha over life ā€œsans Sanghaā€, any day). Iā€™m grateful to have heard ā€œthe opposite of addiction is connectionā€.
Iā€™m grateful for Bootzā€™ writing ā€œThey say you live forward, but understand backward.ā€
These will be important for me in the week ahead.

I am grateful for our milestones! Cjpā€™s and hubbyā€™s! and LABā€™s and hubbyā€™s! And to see Brian! Ya you! For Gratidudes on day eighteen-bajillion and day one. We are all worth it.
I am grateful for heartwarming pics of Claire and Brian and baby Gus and guru Gumby too. :wink:

I am grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

Maybe you all sleep as soundly as this old dog girl. :point_down: My gratitude for her actually makes my heart burst. (Not derailment! Gratitutude!)

19 Likes

I am grateful I finally decided to get to a Doctorā€™s appointment. My AST/ALT isnā€™t great. Dr. Google says pretty bad and I have low sodium, also not great.

I am grateful that the VA ran a thorough blood panel and no matter what, I am sure it will be OK. I see the Doc on Tuesday.

I am grateful the results scared the shit out of me.

I am grateful there will be no more waffling on why I canā€™t drink.

I am grateful to be sober because of that and so many other reasons.

I am grateful for that Emm was inspired by my soup. :yum:

I am grateful for the mushroom stroganoff I made. Though, my daughter didnā€™t come home for dinner. Itā€™s OK. Sheā€™s hanging out with her friend before the semester gets crazy.

I am grateful for all of you and grateful for the stories that live in this forum.

I am grateful itā€™s nearly time for bed.

21 Likes

Hi All,. I attended a birthday party for two friends and was shocked to be in a room of 150-200? Peoples that felt like Sangha loving ways.

Grateful for a psychic shift. But guilty for encouraging a friend to enjoy their drinkinh, I guess I was escaping with their cost . I didnā€™t drink and thatā€™s still solid, Ty Lord!!

Found a local recovery group and bought the book , Eight Step Recovery. Will check out if their having in person groups,. Letā€™s hope!!
Looks good so far and lucky to be near by.
Still have some social anxiety but will meditate on what am I avoiding or demanding regarding interaction with others. One thing I know is I can try to reparent myself regarding some things I went through ( and I will remember it was the past and myaddict part was leading not my True Self.
Grateful to be excited to try out this Eight step Recovery group.
Easy does it and try to enjoy your sober ride.
Love and light to you :heart::heart::sunny::sunny::hugs::hugs:

14 Likes

Grateful to sobriety
Grateful that even on a day when I have nothing to do, drinking doesnā€™t even cross my mind
Grateful that I am present in the evening
Grateful for my kids getting older and dealing with new challenges
Grateful for blankets
Grateful for Noisy

18 Likes

Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m sober and clean today.
Iā€™m grateful for my job, nursing in a detox facility, where yesterday I found out -again- how rewarding and tough working there can be, both at the same time. Grateful life has bought me there. Grateful I am where I am right now. Grateful I got a chance to learn and grow and live and love.

19 Likes

I am grateful to wake on a Monday and be excited for the week (cant believe I actually typed that, bleh-- but its true). I am grateful for the time I spent with my son this weekend and for the things I was able to accomplish around the house, sober and not hungover! I am grateful for my body allowing to complete week 1 of my training plan. I am grateful for coffee and newspapers to start the day and to be able to learn from all of you.

17 Likes

Grateful good Monday morning Emm and sober family. It is a gift wrapped in a blessing to read your beautiful share as I sip cafe Cubano and chill on the couch while Alobar uses me as a couch. Grateful to imbed both of these into my awareness to carry me forward. I have gratefullness overflow. My virtual/phone friend Bianca is staying near our rehab facility in Kissimmee with fam ,friends and two more alums. The three grads will be speaking to the current crop of residents. Bianca donā€™t play! She will make some heads explode today,I reckon. I am over-the-moon grateful she drove down to share space with Evan and me. Grateful my son was here to be part of a meeting, a really great one,and added so much to it. I am grateful and proud of the man this beautiful boy embodies. (Plus heā€™s been preparing dee-lish vegan meals for us). I am grateful I was able to meet Bā€™s daughter Anika and grandson Dawson. A grateful gift. And the topper was an early evening vist with mom sister brother-in-law and 5,yeh 5,cats. Mom doesnā€™t see Evan often so she in particular was grateful with a giant G. Grateful she will be 93 in two weeks. She is a gift. Grateful that I didnā€™t over react when sister and brother-in-law told me they are seeing signs of dementia. Gratefully remember a passage in Polishing the Mirror when Ram Dass visits his auntie who is living with said condition. He just loves her and is present with her,unfazed by her thinking he is someone else. He isnā€™t wrapped up in his ego. Grateful for teachable moments. Grateful :pray: Grateful :pray: Grateful :pray:

Namaste make today a special day. God guru and Self are One.

17 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful forā€¦

My sobriety, 274 days free from weed and alcoholā€¦almost a sober baby (9 months)
My hubby helping out around the house
Boscoe whos now scared of everything. Its only fitting my son have anxiety too.
A whole day with me hubby and boscoeā€¦it was nice
Chiefs pulled it off and are going to the super bowl
Less FOMO these days
Looking forward to a productive week, one day at a time
Less anxious and manic this am
Enough in the bank to cover the mortgage
A healthy prepared lunch
Positive thinking
All of you!

Lets conquer this day!

19 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for a wonderful, restful weekend with people I love. Iā€™m so grateful I found my best friends in my youth and that while paths might diverge a little here and there weā€™re never too far and itā€™s always like no time has passed. Iā€™m grateful that I can count on the people in my life for support and love, even though I do have trouble sometimes remembering that. Thereā€™s a lot of me to work on, and itā€™s not perfect, but my life is pretty good and a lifelong low threshold for bs has set me up with some pretty solid relationships with amazing people. Iā€™m so grateful for my life, and Iā€™m grateful to continue in sobriety so that I can keep and enjoy it.

13 Likes