Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful I sticked to my plan taking my MTB to work and did a nice short tour on my way back. Found some nice trails in my neighborhood. I also realised how true it was when back then in therapy in the Alps it was kind of forbidden to go hiking alone on difficult hikes (I ignored this always and lied about my whereabouts). But when your head is completely somewhere else it can be dangerous.
I am grateful I don’t drink. I have hard times at work. I don’t find gratitude there. I am grateful I have good coworkers. The feeling of having picked a bad company just sucks. It is better when I can check in with my colleagues and they confirm that this bullshit is not only in my head. It’s real bullshit and being treated like this is not nice and being lied to is not nice.
I am grateful I have enough.

I am grateful the cleaning of my teeth was okay. The ly had a huge book called ‘BildBuch’ in the waiting room. It consists of almost 800 cover pages of a German ‘newspaper’ and I got into reading a bit. Just crazy how beginning in the early 50s the titles haven’t changed so much after all.

15 Likes

Grateful for not wanting to drink.
Grateful to be dog/housesitting for 4 long haired daschaunds, not sure how to spell it and my keyboard didn’t help me out but you know what I mean. The owner left a note for me to drink the wine in the fridge - grateful I don’t want to.
Grateful to get home here and relax after work, it’s gorgeous house, 6 bedrooms and a tennis court.
I’m grateful to read Eric’s quote, I read it about 7 times, it really got me. I’m definitely irritated by someone… Time for some reflection I think.
I’m grateful to look forward to a nice sleep :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Today I’m grateful for my cozy house. For cats purring on me. For soup, I love soup. I’m grateful the ex answered within the deadline to my lawyer. I’m still upset about him wanting money from me, I really was a dumbass creating mutual property 11 years ago. In 2 days it will be 11 years. I was such a dumbass believing in him, in our living together untill we are old and grey. Fuck, I am still so fucking angry on myself. I’m grateful I’m at home and will be early to bed. This was not my monday.

12 Likes

It’s been a while but today I’m grateful that I was able to see and talk to my ex. We both agree that our separation was a good thing because we both need to work on ourselves without worrying so much about the other. We worked things out and agree to be there to support each other. We also understand that we moved too fast, that’s codependency for you. So we are getting to know each other on a deeper level and we’ll see what the universe has in store for the future. I wasn’t under the influence of marijuana either. I felt real emotion that i havn’t felt in a long time. It was a scary feeling, but it shows im growing and that is huge for me

I’m also grateful that i know i cant control anything and i need to trust my HP will lead me in the right direction in life.

13 Likes

Checking my gratitude today, trying to divert a rough day. Grateful i woke up today and grateful i woke up in a funk, in allows me to sharpen my skills, grateful for making mistakes at work, its how i learn, and shit, i have a job.
Grateful to be clean and sober and getting practice with feeling all these feelings and how to process and deal. Grateful that today im going to try to get comfortable being uncomfortable. :grimacing:
Grateful for this Monday. It means i had a weekend.

12 Likes

I am grateful for an early morning spin class.
I am grateful the coffee was still hot when I got home.
I am grateful I decided to golf even though it was kind of rainy because it turned into a lovely morning and I played pretty damn well.
I am grateful that I did NOT have a birdie because my friends are quick to pull out the birdie juice (aka Fireball) and encourage its consumption.
I am grateful I am home for a grilled cheese (1st in years!) lunch, and if I do nothing the rest of the afternoon it is fine.
I am grateful for a good book, always.
Take care all!

15 Likes

I’m grateful for another clean and sober day in the books. I’m grateful my higher power has me, thanks Universe. I’m grateful my connections are evolving. I’m grateful the more I stay out of the way while still working my program, being available and present, life is hard, good, boring and exciting as life tends to be. I’m grateful I am super fracking tired and pray I sleep like a champ, maybe even a gold medal Olympic champ or some shit, instead of a using dream nightmare. I have had a few lately, being in the early stage of recovery and feeling stressed triggers these kind of things, orthats been my experience. I’m grateful I get to see my sister tomorrow. I’m grateful my Monday night NA homegroup meeting was awesome and I got to share from my heart without scripting and zero fucks given about guilt or shame for who i was, who am I and who I strive to be. I’m grateful for music and my singing voice and that someone gave me a nice compliment towards it tonight, feels good. I’m grateful for my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful for humor and laughter.

May our higher powers shower us with love.

p.s. You rock. Ya you!!

14 Likes

Today is my in birthday :shushing_face: I’m 38.
I’m grateful to be sober today on my 38th birthday.
I’m grateful when I look back in the past 12 years I have been sober for all my bdays except 1 and it was not great so I know I’m not missing anything. I’m kind of proud of this and grateful to feel proud and not resentful.
Grateful for the aqua fitness class i have today.
Grateful to wake up feeling mentally balanced, maybe it’s because I’m a year older :joy:

Grateful for all the cuddles from they pets last night.
Grateful the exercising daily is working for my sleep, physical and mental health.
Grateful for the rubbish men and rubbish collection - just read this back and just to clarify I mean the men who collect the rubbish.
Grateful all I have to do today is hoover, mop and wipe over the sides… the usual daily go over.

:pray: Grateful truly Im sober and on the right path today :pray:

20 Likes

Congratulations on your 21 days maybe 22 now?!
If course we have faith and believe in you :star:
I’m so proud of you :hugs:

This is so true, this stuck out to me.

Have a lovely day :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Happy Birthday @Twizzlers :hugs::birthday::notes::sunflower:

Morning gratitude. I’m grateful I fell asleep again after waking up way too early. I’m grateful reading makes me tired and I can fall asleep with my mobile phone in my hand. I’m grateful I love to read :pray:
I’m grateful I’m aware of my feelings. I’m anxious, fear about the future and feelings of being overwhelmed creep in. My codependent thoughts and feelings are high. There’s so much I can’t controll. I’m grateful I know a nice shower and my morning meditation will help me to calm down and center. I’m looking forward to breakfast, I’m hungry. I’m grateful for HALT :pray:
I’m grateful for my pretty dressing gown. It’s the season to wear it and it makes me feel good.
I’m grateful for the unconditional love of my cats. I feel anxious and needy and they want cuddles and breakfast. Welcome to real life :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m grateful I can come here for an outlet. I’m grateful for the support and caring words I find here. ODAAT.

16 Likes

I’m grateful that Twizzle is looking forward to her birthday day today!

Big hugs and Happy Birthday, @Twizzlers !

My wish for you is as the days go by you have more and more good days!
( Thoughts for your hurts and your heart, too)

Proud of you for being sober and for literally getting up those days when it’s been so hard for you to do that.

You are so precious and I hope you will have the very best in your life and that many more dreams will come true for you.

You are so supportive of so many with your kind words and demeanor.

Big hugs, lots of love and best wishes for your day today and those going forward.

Proud of you for everything you’re doing and that you’ve found activities that you look forward to.

Editing to add directions. Three marshmallows on a stick. Dip in chocolate. Roll in hundreds and thousands. Put in fridge.

Pic: Marshmallow Twizzle Sticks

16 Likes

Awwww thankyou :hugs:
You have brought happy tears to my eyes. Your message is lovely and thoughtful and much appreciated
:purple_heart: Thank you :purple_heart:

P s I love the marshmallow twizzle sticks :star_struck:

10 Likes

Yes Maxine I have faith in you. We can do this,together. You are not alone. There is an entire community that supports you,that roots for you and that loves you. Please be sure to have faith in yourself. To love yourself. To be kind and gentle with yourself. You can change your health problems over time. I know I have. Let’s stay sober for starters. Take it easy. One day at a time. I am grateful you are her.:pray:

12 Likes

9 Likes

Twizzle Sticks! Perfecto Alisa.

8 Likes

I’m struggling to find gratitude this morning. I’m in a lot of pain.

I’m guess I’m grateful for a hot shower, Advil, and coffee.

Always grateful for my snuggly cats and warm blankets.

And grateful I work from home so I don’t have to pretend I’m fine.

ODAAT

17 Likes

Today I’m grateful for waking up and feeling good. I had a week or so of feeling blah, good old hormones. Time to get back to exercise and focusing on recovery.

16 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful for coffee this morning. I’m grateful I slept better last night than I did the night before. I’m grateful I have breakfast, lunch, snacks, and water packed for this busy day. I’m grateful that even busy days end.
I’m grateful that just for today, everything is ok.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

14 Likes

This was me as well, and the surprised feeling is exactly right! That sense of surprise and not being sure where I was or what happened was an awful feeling, quickly followed by even more awful feelings. I’m grateful every morning I wake up with a mind clear of the muddlement of alcohol and a body that’s free from the awful sick toxic feeling of a hangover. I’m grateful for you for reminding me, and I’m grateful we can celebrate our sobriety and these blessings together!

15 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 324 days free
Work is flexible and allowed me to take a half day when i was feeling off
My hubby, my love
Boscoe didnt wake me last night
A long walk in the sunshine yesterday
Work from home today
Planned meals today
My text buddies
AA fellowship