Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

I’m grateful I feel good today, like the things that were/are making me feel anxious are 27% more manageable this day. I’m grateful I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was down to a record low (I mean not too low, but more the right amount)! Hooray! I’m grateful for my puppy, who was behaving himself this morning (mostly), and for his big bro who almost always behaves himself and reminds me that puppy buttholery is temporary. (I lost another pair of shoes yesterday) I’m grateful for a patient and loving boyfriend, and I’m grateful he’s worked to become even more patient and even tempered as we’ve walked along this path together (maybe he’s lost some puppy buttholery too? Don’t tell him I said that). I’m grateful we grow in different ways, but not a part.

15 Likes

Thankyou for the birthday wishes :hugs: have a blessed day.

9 Likes

Good morning all. Being grateful is important. My mom once told me when i suddenly lost my husband 20 years ago to be thankful for the the little things. The roof over my head, the warm water i have to bathe with, the food in my fridge and my family. Today i am also thankful to wake sober. This is a great way to start my day. Im thankful for all my friends that i will join to play a game of pickleball this morning. My loving husband who is supportive and of course my health. Just found out my neighbor has stage 4 pancreatic cancer and my heart goes out to them. Each day is a gift and im thankful to have it. Along with all the little things i have in my life. Have a wonderful blessed day all.

14 Likes

I’m grateful for my higher power and pray for the strength to follow his will and to abstain from my addictions, just for today. I’m grateful for my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful for the twelve steps. I’m grateful thetes an AA meeting about to start.

May our higher powers give us hope.

p.s. You’re a star, shine bright. Ya you!!

14 Likes

I am grateful for all of y’all. Grateful for the 10 day Mantra Challenge. For Alobar smooshed up against me. For still being in bed in total peace after the Mantra. Grateful for Ganesha remover of obstacles. Grateful to be clean and sober,today. Grateful to have enough and then some. Grateful for this life. Namaste :pray: God guru and Self are One

12 Likes

Funny Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Kitten GIF21542489 (1)
Hug GIF23089780
Happy Birthday GIF24913664

8 Likes

I also find it challenging to be grateful today.
I am grateful to be home and I managed to buy food. I sometimes don’t know what to cook and am too bored of myself. But then, I need structure and to cook my meals. I am grateful for nice chats with my coworker.
I am grateful winter is over and it feels like spring.
I am grateful for water, electricity and a roof over my head.

16 Likes

Evening gratitude. My mood is crappy, I’m anxious and depressed. I’m grateful I adressed it in therapy today. I feel so helpless and overwhelmed. I’m grateful all three cats cuddled up with me in the afternoon on the sofa, like they felt I needed some extra love. I’m grateful for take away food and a nap. I’m grateful for ODAAT. I’m grateful that it is enough to survive this day and put my sober head on the pillow soon. I’m grateful for sleep medication. I’m grateful I know this feelings are more bearable when I wake up after 8 hours of sleep :pray:
I’m grateful for two chats with friends on the phone. I felt a bit less lonely afterwards.

15 Likes

Thank you :blush: and also thank you @maxwell :blush:

7 Likes

Hi, happy happy birthday, hope you’re having a lovely day :balloon:

8 Likes

@Twizzlers Happy birthday! Grateful for you here, i wish you a day full of… .wait for it… gratitude.
@maxwell i was talking to my daughter the other day about the mad respect i have for you and your tenacity and transparency. I have faith in you.

Im grateful today for the strength to keep pushing and showing up. Im grateful for the ability to pause in these low dips on this roller coaster of recovery and enjoy the blessings that are mine. Namely; my daughters. The love and laughs i share with them is priceless and mine. No one can take this from me.
My recovery, again no one, but myself can take this from me and i am the only one im control of it. Im grateful for this perspective and the sense of control it gives back to me.
My parents. Im grateful for them being willing and open to repairing our relationship and im grateful they and my sister are coming to my birthday meeting on Sunday.
Im grateful for the ability to learn and engage at work.

15 Likes

Hi Sober Fam!

I want to start out by saying, I’m grateful to all of you! :heart: Some of you have been here from the start of my journey.

And for the newbies, it doesn’t matter how long you’ve been here, it only matters that you’re here! :hugs: I’ve been here (on/off) for almost a year, & today I’m proud to say I’m on day 22 (and a half). I’ve had longer, and that’s ok.

I’m grateful my work day was productive.
I’m grateful I work from home. :house_with_garden:

I did hit the Mariano’s hot bar today, now I have ribs, orange chicken, mashed potatoes and cream of chicken soup & a big bowl of 3 kinds of cut up melon, in the fridge. :stew::watermelon:

I’m grateful it won’t be an all day Pop Tart day. :grin:

I’m grateful for Buddy :dog2: & Riley :cat2: for being here.

I’m going to try & work on my Diamond painting tonight. :gem: A shout out to @Its_me_Stella I’ll never forget you for convincing me I COULD glue tiny stones to a sticky board. :nerd_face:

And to my friend @Twizzlers A_you may be sound asleep, but I hope you had a wonderful birthday! :birthday:

Thanks to ALL of you: I’m grateful I’m sober. :hugs: :purple_heart:

17 Likes

I am grateful to have gotten 2 of 3 online order issues sorted out today. I am grateful for the time I spent with my kiddo and a dear friend and I am grateful I was leant some camping equipment for the summer.

I am deeply grateful for the program of Narcotics Anonymous and how it has changed my life and the lives of the people that I love. I recover very loudly in my home. As I am sure you can all imagine my days are spent busy on phone calls, on ZOOM meetings, meeting to do step work with sponsees, going to in person meetings, heading to the jail/detox/or recovery house. My house is littered with recovery literature, step working guides and note books. I am grateful to be clean.

Two days ago my kiddo ran by my room and I could hear her crying in the living room, so i went to ask her if she was ok. She didnt want to talk to me about it which was fine. I know shes been having some problems with her friend group for a few months now, so I am pretty sure that is whats going on. I went to leave the room and she quickly said, " But you can teach be how to do step work." I looked at her and said, " yeah?" And she said “yeah I would like to do a set of steps, what do I have to do?” My daughter is 17, a 17 year old who is having a problem with peers and cant figure out all these feelings she is having. Because for the last 3 years she has watch her mother start to heal, and helped many other women beging to heal too by doing step work her mind goes to stepwork not dope or booze to fix her feelings. Because she sees me living and breathing recovery and she knows that the alternative only causes suffering she chooses step work over self injuring. I am grateful that although I have not been the best role model for my child over all the years of her life, I am now. I am grateful that I had three sets of steps that were suitable for her to choose from. I am grateful for her courage. :heart:

17 Likes

Wow thats beautiful @Its_me_Stella idk if im more proud of you or your kiddo!

11 Likes

Im grateful that im not alone in this journey

17 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and hangover free.

I am grateful for the gift of desperation.

I am grateful to be checking out a smart mtg later in the week. I like the concepts they follow.

I am grateful to be here with everyone. :two_hearts:

16 Likes

Omg it’s your birthday. Thank heavens for sober belly button birthdays. Glad you are here sharing it with us. Meant to say something sooner, like, 12 hours ago, hope it was blessed and fun.

I’m grateful for a complete day of living life on lifes terms and for my higher power who helped me do so while abstaining from all my addictions.

God bless us all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are awesome. Ya you.

P.p.s. ×2 if its your birthday :wink:

11 Likes

Happy belated birthday @Twizzlers :sunflower::four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes :gift:
I’m grateful to have received them all, I’m grateful you are all here and I am here on this journey together. I’m grateful we are all grateful for so much in our lives.
I’m grateful coming to this thread and reading for ages before I posted helped me to be really feel grateful for my life around me before I ever posted here.
I’m grateful gratitude is becoming a no.1 healing part of my mental health.
I’m grateful for the seeds I ordered of Amazon of chamomile, I made my own tea last year from my own grown chamomile it was exciting.
I’m grateful little Rita gets nuetered in a few weeks, I’m grateful that she will be around 6 months old by the time summer comes so she is old enough to explore in her cat enclosure.
I’m grateful for you tube to see how I can build my own two floor or Three floor enclosure, that also runs the back of the whole garden so she can really enjoy outdoors. I have a smallish size garden I don’t live in a field so she will be safe.
I’m grateful for Rita ended up with us, the universe set her up nicely.
I’m grateful that the only down side is having to have a litter tray indoors now. I’m grateful I don’t mind because it’s the only option for Rita and I love her so much I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I’m grateful for all my pets, how welcoming they are to people and animals.
I’m grateful it’s raining today so I get more cuddles from them he he he :rofl:

16 Likes

Morning,
Grateful that I didn’t drink yesterday so that Ive woken up feeling good, refreshed and ready.
Grateful for this gratitude thread and everybody on it, I’m quite quiet but I’m here, reading and taking it all in, learning from you and seeing different perspectives and lifestyles.
Grateful for a beautiful day today. My house sitting ends today and I’ll be going home later to the hustle and bustle of my family. It’s been so peaceful here, I’ve enjoyed it. Can’t wait to come again :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes