Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

Sending a virtual hug erntedank. These feelings are so difficult when they arise,I feel you​:pensive: I’m grateful to understand how everything is temporary. Grateful when you share so honestly. Thank you for your brevity. I,for one,need to see and hear all of these experiences after numbing for my entire life. I am grateful for feline love and companionship. I am grateful that Stella,Julia and Eric are experiencing the Mantra Challenge with me. It is having a powerful effect on me. I am grateful to let go and let God. I am grateful for gratidudes and dudettes. This day and everyday. Namaste :pray: God guru and Self are One

12 Likes

This is a little bit of a rough morning so far, so gratitude is a little harder to dig out, but here we go: I’m grateful I woke up without toxic slithery alcohol feelings in my tummy, and I’m grateful I don’t have a pounding headache. I’m grateful I have plans to see my bestie over lunch today! I’m grateful I’ve built the habit of getting all my morning stuff ready the night before so that even when it’s difficult it’s still as easy as I could make it. I’m grateful I made it to the bus on time, so I could have this time reading all the posts here and refocusing myself towards an attitude of gratitude.

16 Likes

Good morning grateful friends.

I’m grateful for another day sober.

I’m grateful I managed to shower today. Baby steps.

I’m grateful I don’t hate my job and it’s generally low-stress.

I’m grateful I’m learning to let go of things I can’t control. I still really struggle with this, but I’m learning.

ODAAT

16 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 325 days free
AA attitude adjustment
A sober sister gifted me a plant…i hope i can keep it alive
Time with hubby yesterday
Boscoe cuddles
This forum

15 Likes

Afternoon gratitude

Grateful although I am waiting in for deliveries today I got my butt up and did an hour online fitness workout.
Grateful that all the exercise is actually helping me sleep, it makes me think if I don’t keep up I may end up not sleeping again :neutral_face: so yes grateful I did it, even at home.
Grateful all my washing is done :+1: doing it every night really makes life easy as it’s dry by the morning.
Grateful that if I don’t tidy around today it all still looks the same and is clean.
Grateful for late breakfast earlier.
Grateful I managed to get it for a walk this morning and send off the few returns that needed to be sent.

Grateful to be sober so very much.
Grateful to understand that when things feel like they are overwhelming most of the time its just that I’m caught up in the middle of actually sorting them out and dealing with them. Not that everything is actually going wrong, I have to go through it to get through it.

14 Likes

Good morning!
I am grateful to be all sweaty and fatigued because of a challenging spin class and not because of a hangover. :biking_woman:
I am grateful the sun is peeking out today which makes me hopeful I can hike tomorrow! :sunny::hiking_boot::hibiscus:
And I am always grateful for morning coffee.:coffee:
Take care all!

14 Likes

Alobar woke me at 4:30 a.m. little fucker!

11 Likes

So this means your birthday is Sunday,correct Darcy? Need to know this.

9 Likes

I’m grateful for Al-Anon.
I’m grateful most of my problems seem to be a step 3 problem. :pray:t2:
I’m grateful I’m safe from all this horrible weather coming through Arizona.
I’m grateful for the 10 day Mantra Challenge on Insight Timer.
I’m grateful it’s a bit of work but looking forward to doing it again.
I’m grateful I’m kinda busy this week.
I’m grateful for my toolbox full of gratitude when I don’t have time or actually feel like squeezing it in here.
I’m grateful to see so many people on this thread.
I’m grateful I found a meeting this morning I can go to weather permitting.
So, I’m grateful to cut this short and be on my merry grateful way.
Grateful for y’all.
:pray:t2::heart:

“Opening your eyes to more of the world around you can deeply enhance your gratitude practice.”
Derrick Carpenter

14 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help lovingly guide me today and allow me to abstain from all my addictions. I’m grateful for my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful for the principles that the twelve step programs teach me to integrate into my daily life.
May our higher powers teach us patience.

p.s. Don’t forget to smile and breathe, it feels good and looks great on you. Ya you!!

14 Likes

Sorry for the crosstalk but I too am grateful for Al-Anon,for the 10 day Mantra Challenge and step 3 is IT for me Eric.

9 Likes

I am grateful for the nice ride I just had.
I am grateful we are working well together as a team. Everyone on out floor was listening to a fight two colleagues had. :roll_eyes: That was awful.
I am relieved that just before my meeting with my bosses the lady in France came back to me with an apartment I was expecting. Tiny, tiny, tiny and equipped. People can come visiting me sleeping standing on the balcony. But honestly it’s way better than the shit they suggested before.
I am grateful my boss agreed that I might need two days to go down there and sleep somewhere in Italy or so.
I am grateful I slept so fine tonight.
I am grateful I have enough.
I am grateful that I made peace somehow that some people are not empathic. None of my business and it’s not my task toake them understand.

14 Likes

Thank you for the hugs @Soberbilly I needed them :people_hugging::pray:

Today I’m grateful for 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep :pray: A blessing.
I’m grateful I forced myself to some office work, doing calls, mails and finances.
I’m grateful I’m on my sofa crying my eyes off. Today 11 years ago I bought the farm. I was such an idiot to include him in the contract. I loved him, I had faith in him and in our future, we wanted to live there until we are old and grey. I’m grateful I was there today. It’s such a beautiful place. I’m grateful he wasn’t there. I’m grateful I pray that he gets what he deserves and what he needs. And the same for me. This whole situation is heartbreaking for me. Tomorrow is a new day and today I go to bed sober. Soon. And I will fucking not call him because my fucking codependent voice can shut the fuck up. I’m tired, it was a good day and I will not ruin it by behaving codependent. Nope, we don’t do that anymore. I’m grateful for we don’t do that anymore :pray:

16 Likes

I’m grateful to manage a full day of travelling without being overly tempted by the alcohol always on offer.

I’m grateful for HALT which made me drink water and eat a kitkat rather than head to the bar.

I’m grateful to this forum for helping me decide that no, I am not going to the conference drinks event tonight because I don’t need to test my willpower like that just yet. 21 days is something, but I’m not ready to face a drinks event on fizzy water yet.

A movie and an early night it is ahead of two busy days at the conference I’m here for. A clear head, hotel gym in the morning followed by breakfast with friends.

17 Likes

I’m thinking of you my friend :people_hugging: you are being really strong through this.
I just want to say I care about you and everything is going to be okay in the end okay :hugs::hugs:
I’m sorry I can’t be there in person to comfort you through this sad time.
:purple_heart:

13 Likes

That is so sweet @Twizzlers. I love how we support one another on TS.

11 Likes

I know it’s so powerful how we all really care for eachother.
This is something I’m so grateful for. Everyone here are my biggest and only support. I’m grateful for you Billy, and everyone here. :people_hugging::pray:

12 Likes

Thank you so much :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging::pray:

11 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and heading back to work.

I am grateful for fresh vegetables and for having enough to eat and drink.

I am grateful for good upbeat music and exercise, which i am looking forward to returning to tomorrow.

I am grateful for my fur babes, my sig otha (despite our rockiness), and to be here with everyone. :two_hearts:

17 Likes

I’m grateful to God for guiding me through another day and helping me remain clean and sober. I’m grateful that I had a nice phone call with my parents and sister and for our healthier connection. I’m grateful for being a fairly consistent part of this community for I think close to, possibly over, three years now. I’m grateful for sports and how much they have shaped my life and continue to do so as a participant, fan, coach and official. I’m grateful for music and its incedible ability to heal, connect, inspire and entertain. I’m grateful for humor and laughter. I’m grateful for the twelve steps, traditons and concepts as well as all the spiritual principles they teach. I’m grateful to read posts by Jen @Peace your presence and persistence is calming and encouraging, thank you @Alisa so caring @Nowenbrace pure heart @Nordique an OG gratitude practitioner @AyBee so funny @Sunflower1 i freakin love ya @Bootz connected intelligent inspiring @M-be-free49 my dear and true friend always and forever adorable sorry, not sorry @Its_me_Stella recover out loud sister and I’m making noise too, thank you sooo much @Dazercat I couldn’t ask for a better friend, support, brother, inspirer, teacher and dare I say student.
I’m grateful there are even more that have kept me coming back mno, lisa, donna, diamonster :pray:
ok I’m getting tired and I’m grateful for self care and deserve to practice some now with a sleep meditation and actual sleep.
May our higher powers grant us strength.

p.s. You can do this, I beleive in you. Ya you!!

18 Likes