Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

[quote=“Cjp, post:1737, topic:157997”]
Count down to one whole fucking year sober
[/quote] :heart::heart::heart:

:heart::heart::heart:

I’m so grateful I’m not doing this alone. I couldn’t do it alone. Years of trying, unsuccessfully. Until I got here.

Grateful for you ALL - my Gratipeeps who keep me going!

Much love to you all :heart:

13 Likes

I’m grateful to wake up bright and early with no hangover. Man, that NEVER gets old!

I’m grateful to be on holiday with my wife and kids.

I’m grateful that even after my kids drive me crazy (which they do sometimes, they’re kids after all) I still treat them kindly and calmly because I feel good and have the energy too.

Have a great day everyone

14 Likes

Grateful for an excellent sleep last night, grateful the wind has calmed down for morning chores, grateful to be awake early sipping hot coffee in bed while my dogs snooze next to me, grateful I am staying AF, grateful This Naked Mind really irritated something in me, which I take as a good sign, uprooting any leftover unconscious beliefs that alcohol is helpful in any way.

11 Likes

Grateful today to work from home, so I can watch my brother’s puppy, and also because I feel a bit ick today for no discernable reason. Grateful our 5 month old puppy is being a good friend to his cousin, the three year old is being an old grump. Grateful we have nothing planned this weekend that I have to do, and grateful the weekend will be here before I know it.

10 Likes

I am grateful for having had a dream last night. I only recall one scene, and it was weird but not scary. But, it meant I actually slept! Deeply enough to dream! Don’t even know if that is true, but I’m taking it as a win. Insomnia is my biggest issue. No matter drinking or not. Still exhausted as always this morning, but that is fine! Off to spin class.
Take care all!

9 Likes

13 Likes

Good morning sober fam.

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 334 days free
Numbers…love em
My hubby
Date night tonight!
Boscoe and his love and cuddles
Working from home
Sunshine
Spring
Reaching 90 day milestone of my healthier lifestyle
Progress
AA promises coming true
Sober sisters
Sober community
All of you!

12 Likes

Grateful to see 333 days sweet number.

I’m grateful for my higher power and pray for the wisdom to follow his guidance and help to remain abstinent from my addictions. I’m grateful for my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful for financial assistance and that its enough to cover all my bills.

May our higher powers grant us patience.

p.s. Don’t forget to smile and breathe it feels good and looks great on you. Ya you!!

14 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful I’m not working today. I’m grateful that even though there are multiple text messages going out for coverage due to people calling out sick, I will not feel guilty or be guilted into working. I’m grateful I will get out into the sunshine, hopefully visit with my sister and the kids. I’m grateful for my husband and kids. I’m grateful for our home. I’m grateful for my home here on TS.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

11 Likes

I’m grateful :innocent:
I’m grateful I am finding some of the music from Insight Timer on Apple iTunes. And I can make my own playlist. I’m grateful I’m all devotional, readings, and meditated up and ready for gratitude.

I’m grateful my wife got her hair done and the winter weather cooperated with her drive back and forth yesterday.

I’m grateful there’s no snow in the forecast today or tomorrow and plenty of sunshine. Cold but sunny.

I’m grateful I’m getting the house cleaned up a little at a time ODAAT.

I’m grateful for crawling grand baby videos.
I’m grateful for another good nights sleep.
I’m grateful for my hot tea and coffee.
I’m grateful for indictments :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:
I’m grateful we got a few errands to do, a little more house cleaning and an appointment tomorrow morning and then we are the fuck outta here. :cactus::desert:
I’m grateful to look forward to smelling my Jasmine when I get to the desert :wink: And all the spring flowers, especially Daisy Mountain :heart_eyes_cat: if I can get in close to see it. I’m grateful I changed Dodger to Daisy after Daisy Mountain and hence we got Dazercat :crazy_face::smiley_cat:
I’m grateful she just wasn’t a Dodger.

I’m grateful for you all :pray:t2::heart::hugs:

“We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.”
Cynthia Ozick

15 Likes

I’m grateful Christopher Walken is 80 years old today. I cannot believe he’s 80. That makes me pretty old too :scream:
@JB.5280

I’m grateful to share this video with anyone willing to watch it. If you’ve never seen it. You’ll be grateful you watched finally.
He’s amazing.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

12 Likes

Love walken! Watched the whole thing lol @Dazercat

6 Likes

I’ll be effed. 80 doesn’t seem all that old. Oh shit did I think that out loud. Well I am glad my next trip around the sun is almost completed. I’m grateful every day when He shakes me awake. I’m grateful for being useful to others. I’m grateful for cafe con oatmilk. And Vegan chocolate chunk :cookie: cookies. I am so grateful for my mom. Got some time with her today,drove her to her doctor’s appointment. Another B-12 shot. She’s great for 93. Grateful for late,for me,60 minute exercise. Grateful I got to watch Chris one of the maintenance guys fish a turle out of the pool while I exercised. Grateful for all of y’all . We’re doin this together ODAAT. Namaste :pray: God guru and Self are One

11 Likes

Grateful for making it into day 52 sober. Grateful im eating better. Eating raw garlic and onion and radish and carrot to hopefully get a respectable blood pressure reading

14 Likes

Early morning gratitude. I’m grateful I fell asleep yesterday, without sleeping meds. I’m grateful a friend helped me to clear the greenhouse and put the stuff on my pick up truck. I’m grateful for her shoulder to cry on as I had two emotional episodes remembering good times with my ex we had with the greenhouse. I’m grateful I don’t want the bad times back just for him to be there. I’m grateful I’m working on my codependency and realize codependent behaviour.

I’m grateful for my cats. For this lovely purring furballs with so much personality. For Missi purring and acupuncturing me awake, she needs love.

I’m grateful @HoofHearted is ok. I’m grateful @Dazercat will be in the dessert soon. I’m grateful for lovely cow pics from @Roadrunner2 :heart_eyes:

I’m grateful my body is aching. My fitness is lousy and we did a lot of work yesterday. Nonetheless I cooked dinner yesterday and have leftovers today.

I’m grateful I work at my pace, it feels so much better than all the stress with my ex. And I get things done, slowly, step by step, but I get them done. I’m grateful I get things done in time by taking my time :pray:

I’m a very lucky person living such a good life. And I’m deeply grateful for it :pray:

13 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I was awake in the middle of the night and am grateful I could fall asleep again after some hours.
I am my neighbours take care of my apartment and mail while I am away.
I am grateful it’s not raining at the moment.
It’s difficult to find gratitude right now. I am grateful I can handle my life. I am grateful I can walk and most of my senses work. Sensing shit and saying no is something I have to work on, though :roll_eyes:
I am grateful I have enough.

13 Likes

Firstly I’d like to say I’m especially grateful @cjp for her 11 months, huge congratulations to you :fireworks:

Grateful today is Saturday, I get to do what I enjoy, today I will be planting seeds :grin:

Grateful I had a lye in until 8am.
Grateful when I woke up feeling foggy I knew to just wait 10 mins, it’s a feeling, it will pass as nd sure it did.
I’m grateful to have acknowledged this and will try telling myself this before I ever feel I’m engaging with my panick button.

I’m grateful today I will put a meal in the slow cooker while I do some enjoyable bits around the home.
I’m grateful if I decide to give my body a break from the daily fitness classes and swimming I can do a home workout to help aid my insomnia - as it works to minimise this.

Grateful it’s time for breakfast :fried_egg:

11 Likes

I’m grateful for the dance I just did getting out of bed to everybody dance now song - so grateful to have style getting out of bed this morning :joy:

7 Likes

I am literally sitting here in tears so full of gratitude that it’s overwhelming. I’ve mentioned before that I’m an early riser and I enjoy the quiet of the morning with my cup of coffee listening to the birds welcoming the new day. I had no idea. No idea at all. Today I am once again a part of the world. The bird singing is surrounding me with sounds of glory and I praise my higher power along with them. I thought something had riled the birds up to make them more vocal. No. I got my hearing aids yesterday. I just turned the volume to zero and heard what I’m used to. A dull, grey world with little bird song. Turned them back up and a beautiful chorus was there. I can hear the water in the canal behind my house. I can hear the wind dancing in the trees. Such a small thing to change in my life but it’s making my heart feel like it’s going to burst with happiness. Ooohh, the cat just jumped on the back of the sofa and I can hear her purring!! I had no idea I was this deaf!! I’m even grateful to hear the traffic in the distance!

What a glorious blessed day. I hope your day is as wonderful!

19 Likes

Wow, thank you for sharing this. We tend to take our senses for granted. :upside_down_face: Enjoy listening.

9 Likes