Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4

I can take so much from all the gratitudes today! Turn worries into actionable items. Great. This is what I’ve been doing for quite some time and now it has another name beside “babysteps”!

Yes Eric, it’s so nice you got invited to a talk and coffee. Go for it. You can always politely leave when it’s too much for you, he will understand and you can come over for another coffee. No big deal. You are such a nice person, this guy sounds nice too, you both are understanding persons. Everything is ok with being shy AND saying yes to a cup of coffe. Try it, I send you good vibes and a big smile.

Today I’m grateful for a cool and rainy day, I slept good and slept in. I’m grateful for therapy, this was again one of those talks that will unfold their power and insights in the next weeks. Today I feel vulnerable, a home is not only a place, it’s the people and my home was our life together and my mum. It’s normal to feel lonely and miss the past when this stability is gone. I need stability and have to build it up for myself without this codependent patterns I lived in my marriage.

I’m grateful I did kitchen chores. I’m still in staycation mode :sleeping: and tbh the rain is so calming and the grey sky is nice after all this sunshine, I enjoy it and let procrastination and chillaxing take over. Maybe I’ll treat myself to a bubblebath and a book in the evening.
I’m grateful the cats are lazy and enjoy the cool weather too.
I’m grateful I have peas in the freezer, I like risipisi and my clean kitchen invites me to cook. I’m grateful I feel like cooking. I’m grateful for the little things in my life. I’m grateful for housing, food, comfort and freedom. For warm showers and hot chocolate. For a messy living room where the cats love to play (part of it is messy because of them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:). For trash collection and recycling.
I’m grateful I first have to feel comfortable with myself before I even think about feeling comfortable with other people. I’m grateful I can see that I’ve not been feeling comfortable with my husband long before things went really bad. I’m grateful I try to forgive myself :pray:

11 Likes

Thanks a lot :grimacing:
I hate it when you’re always right :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Just kidding.

I’m grateful you know a lot about recovery and I learn so much from you.
:hugs:

8 Likes

I’m grateful for a good night’s sleep.
I’m grateful for waking up sober.
I’m grateful my dog is ok with the vets and has all his vaccinations up to date.
I’m grateful for sunshine and picnics.
I’m grateful for washing machines and washing lines.
I’m grateful for the smell of line-dried laundry.
I’m grateful for all of you.

AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

12 Likes

I don’t, it’s just a different perspective. :heart:

8 Likes

Distance - aah yes! that for sure works too - thank you for the reminder.

SO interesting that you can be friends now with your ex who crushed your heart - you are incredible.

8 Likes

YES Fuck yeah!! so grateful for this and glad that you do have more friendships and support in real life than you had initially thought. Grateful that you are going to accept the invite and have coffee - chat with a fellow member

Wishing your wife loads of strength to get through September completely sober. I do hope her app is useful :pray:

8 Likes

I’m grateful for waking up sober.
I’m grateful for doggy cuddles as soon as I woke up.
I’m grateful for coffee.
I’m grateful for sunshine and feeling ok so I can get outside and do some weeding and other gardening.
I’m grateful for TS and for all of you.
Have a wonderful day.
:heart::v:

10 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful that somehow I am still breathing when my heart feels like it’s going to explode.
I am grateful my daughter is physically here, although mentally she’s checked out. I am grateful that though I don’t know what to do, I can face it instead of checking out, too.
I am grateful I decided to push back on my lease termination and take a couple extra days to move. I am grateful I am choosing self-preservation over saving face.
I am grateful for the acreage I will moving to and my beautiful queer future landlords. It’s a good story about meeting them. I will share sometime.
I am grateful to live in Nebraska, not because I like it, I don’t but because in fields of bigotry and hate, I know beacons of light and love. Those of us who advocate wonder, if we leave, who will continue?
I am grateful for the first community center for the LGBTQIA+ community and that my organization will likely be partnering with them, so we can more deeply collaborate with community advocacy groups.
I am grateful for the ability to change, in all the ways. Yes, people do change - can change.
I am grateful for my headache, tension not hangover.
I am grateful for farm fresh eggs and having “nothing to eat” even though my pantry is packed.
I am grateful I caught every meeting I could yesterday, camera on, camera off, engaged, not engaged. It helps.
As always, I am grateful for each and every one of you.

13 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety
1y3m29d
29d
The peach sunrise
My aunt mailed me a bday gift im waiting to open
My folks
My hubby who wakes me up when i fall asleep on the couch and takes me to the bed
Boscoe cuddles
Hope
@JazzyS reminding me i made it 4 whole fricken weeks without vaping…whhhooooohooo
Better anxiety levels this week
Fresh food
Patience with myself and others
Hope
Joy
All of you beautiful souls!

14 Likes

I’m grateful for another day sober.
I’m grateful for the herbalist I met with yesterday and the special blend of tea she made up for me to try. Hope it helps.
I’m grateful it will be a sunny mild day today.
I’m grateful for all the peaches we got off our peach tree this year.
As always grateful for the TS community!

16 Likes

I’m grateful for early morning sunrise walks with my Sancho.
I’m grateful there’s only one more day left in August. She’s going out with a bang :boom::boom::boom: I’m grateful for her Dry September Challenge.

I’m grateful for my meeting last night. We had a pile of Craft Sticks with slogans on them and I drew The Serenity Prayer. Unfuckingbelievable!! I guess god isn’t done with me working on that serenity prayer. I’m grateful I don’t mind leading meetings with no notice. I’m grateful I can read. So I can lead.

I’m grateful I broke my boundary about her drinking for lunch when we go out, but just for the rest of this month. I’m grateful I’m going to have a Serious September when it comes to that boundary. I’M NOT JOKING :upside_down_face: I’m grateful that cunning baffling addict even picked my favorite lunch spot tomorrow. :innocent: If she can drink. I’m grateful I was not surprised about this at all and feel ok about it. I :100: guarantee I would have done the same thing.

I’m grateful we got Benson going to our Scottsdale vet for a lump check up, vaccinations, transfer records etc…. Today.
I’m grateful the appointment is around lunchtime so no drinking out at lunch today.

I’m grateful I was able to get an appointment tomorrow with a new doctor for a prescription refill. My other doctor LEFT ME :grimacing:. She left the state. With all the great technology and apps they have, and I use, you think I could have got a message. They confirmed my appointment on the app ten times before I get there. I’m grateful I’m usually on top of things so I got enough thyroid meds to get me through. Sometimes it’s a curse but I’m grateful I never wait until the last minute.
I’m grateful for Alice on my neck at night while I’m trying to sleep. And very grateful when she gets off my neck so I can sleep.

I’m grateful for my view.
I’m grateful when I yelled at the good looking coyote this morning he took off. I’m grateful I love most animals but fuck those coyotes! I know what they do when they are hungry and there’s unattended pets in your yard. I’m grateful for that reminder, and one of the reasons I go out with Benson each morning, day and night to watch him do his business.

I’m grateful I booked a 60 minute massage for myself Friday and added on a extra 30 minute Sole Satisfaction treatment for my feet at the end. I’m grateful for Happy Feet Friday coming up :joy: :foot:

I’m grateful for my meme buddy.
I’m grateful for my foodie pal. Missed you :kissing_heart:
I’m grateful for my meditation pals.
I’m grateful for my gratitude friends.
I’m grateful for the lady I met last night who is in, almost exactly, the same boat as I am. I’m grateful I’m not alone.
:pray:t2::heart:

“Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.”
Jim Rohn

16 Likes

grateful for this prayer too - glad that it has helped so immensely (especially lately).

Oh this will be so lovely and a great way to bring in September
Hoping for a lovely dry Sept for Kelly - sending her much strength.

you definitely are not alone Eric :people_hugging:

7 Likes

Wednesday gratitude’s!

I am so grateful for waking up to a beautiful cooler day
I am so grateful for spending time with my parents yesterday. Took them to my favorite Japanese restaurant. Had a lovely time. My family is awesome and i am grateful for them every day.
I am so grateful for good books
I am so grateful that i start PT this Friday. Hoping it helps
I am so grateful for mindless TV to keep mind occupied
I am so grateful for my sister and BIL - they will be helping with our festival in September so that i don’t have to.
I am so grateful for my Higher Power.
I am so Grateful that i am able to stay positive - grateful that meditation / prayer and laugher help with this
I am so grateful for water - so tasty and refreshing. Grateful that we have great tap water
I am so grateful for this community and all you lovely souls!
Hope everyone has a wonderful addiction free time - sending you much love :heart: :heart:

15 Likes

Grateful for another Chance after million mistakes

11 Likes

Today I’m grateful I’m home at last. It’s raining and my sight is very poor in the darkness and even poorer when it rains. I’m grateful I’m tired but not exhausted. It was an ok day. I’m grateful I did basic chores and walked to the bakery for fresh bread. I’m grateful I was present and mindful at group therapy. It helps me. I’m grateful we had laughter.

I’m grateful for texting back and forth with a man I met at the family weekend. How comes that people are friends for decades and I never met him? Strange. I’m grateful I stepped back and focused on myself again when I felt a bit overwhelmed by the nice chitchat. The housework grounded me. Meeting someone new who is nice and fun and thinks I’m nice and fun is strange for me. I think I will enjoy it like everything else: Babysteps and listening carefully to my needs and feelings.

I’m grateful for my lovely cats, the old boy cuddles on my belly, the red furball played with me and Missi will come to bed soon like every evening.

I’m grateful for my cozy house, my comfy bed, for breakfast in the fridge I’m looking forward to as I skipped dinner, it’s too late, it would disturb my sleep.

I’m grateful I was able to help a colleague from group therapy with my knowledge when we talked afterwards. I’m deeply grateful for all those great people.
I’m grateful I can come here and share. Today there’s so much I’m grateful for. Let it begin with me :pray:

13 Likes

Today I am grateful for everything I learned yesterday in my training… Learned a lot of things on what to do in an overdose situation that I would not have thought of or known about at all.

13 Likes

I’m grateful to be up extra early for some gratitude before going to work.

I’m grateful my boss is flexible when I have to work remote or leave early. Today will probably be one of those days,. My baby girl is still sick and needs medical intervention. My normal go to remedies are not working. I’m grateful hubby offered to take her depending on the time of appointment. I’ll go to work and call for an appointment when they open at 9, then we’ll figure out who’s leaving work early.

I’m grateful hubby is teaching our daughter how to blow her nose properly. I’ve been trying for years to no avail. She can’t grasp the concept of having to blow out her nose rather than her mouth. She gives up with me and stuffs a tissue in each nostril. What a sight! I’m grateful she’s finally making progress with dad.

I’m grateful my office is closing 4 hours early tomorrow to give us an early start to the holiday weekend.

I’m grateful for an appreciation email from a difficult client, after sending one of their employee’s a detailed email explaining why wt loss medication is not covered by their insurance. I’m grateful the employee was receptive to the alternatives I offered.

I’m grateful I’m up early with plenty of time to shower my daughter and myself before work. I’m grateful I get to tuck her back into bed before leaving. I’m grateful the dog will snuggle with her when I leave. I’m grateful they have each other when we’re at work.

Have a great day my fellow gratidudes and gratidudettes! :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Im grateful for my amazing daughter and all that she is
Im grateful for my lovely little dog and all that he is
Im grateful to all the people on here that sent me such beautiful messages on my one year thread
Im glad i had the courage and vulnerability to tell my story in graphic detail
Im grateful to be sober
Im grateful for everyone on this site
Im grateful for my friends and family

11 Likes

I’m grateful this morning that Idalia didn’t wreak too much havoc in my town. I live on the SC coast. I’m sorry for those affected as hurricane damage, as all natural disasters, can be life changing. Grateful I have a job that allows me to work from home.

10 Likes

Good morning friends,
I’m grateful for the couple days off of work I had, and that I got to spend it with my mom and sister. I’m grateful for my niece and nephew, and that they bring me so much joy. I’m grateful that it’s almost the weekend. I’m grateful for my safe home, the people in it, and that we have what we need.:heart:

10 Likes