Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4

Yay 42 days. Hope you get good news about your paycheck.

8 Likes

Today Iā€™m grateful for an ok day. Had some exhausting dreams and struggled to fall asleep yesterday. Iā€™m grateful ā€œemotional hangoverā€ was mentioned here! This describes my feelings really well :pray:

Woke up dizzy and stayed in bed despite the cats were miowing, tamping, nibbling and climbing up and down on me from head to feet. Iā€™m grateful for them, I felt a lot less alone with them demanding attention and breakfast. No, they donā€™t starve, they disliked yesterdayā€™s dinner.

Iā€™m grateful for notice from my lawyer, apparently the lawsuit for settling the finances will start end of september. Iā€™m grateful I have a well stuffed toolbox to get prepared.

Iā€™m grateful I sat in the afternoon sun reading. How much I enjoy this weather :orange_heart:
Iā€™m grateful therapy gave me confidence today and I was able to sort some thoughts and feelings.

Iā€™m grateful for babysteps I made today in cleaning up my late mumā€™s stuff. Itā€™s time.
Iā€™m grateful for herbal drops helping me with a minor stomach inconvenience. Iā€™m like a baby when it comes to tummy pain. My heart goes to you @JazzyS Hopefully you are feeling better soon dear friend, what a pitty the PT caused so much pain. I deeply pray it also helped :pray:

Iā€™m grateful the day is over, the cozy bed is waiting for me, the tea is delicious and I refrain from the moody attitude that tries to sneak in as Iā€™m tired and a bit hungry. For my tummyā€™s sake I skip dinner, tea will calm it for the night. ODAAT

12 Likes

Thank you so much love! Able to move around today. Will find out tomorrow when my PT Trainer is in if this level of pain should be expected after each session (hoping not). It did not seem to change anything on my regular pain level but then again itā€™s just the first session. ODAAT. I am trying to stay positive with the process.

Hope you are doing better now too and recovered from your emotional hangover :people_hugging:

11 Likes

I am grateful for time before the Blessed Sacrament today

8 Likes

Grateful for baskets of healing fruits and vegetables to give to a friend along with healing thoughts.

7 Likes

Good morning grateful friends! Iā€™m back from vacation and back to routine.

Iā€™m grateful vacation was a wonderful break from real life.
Iā€™m grateful to have spent time with my Mom. Time is precious.
Iā€™m grateful the weather there was perfect.
Iā€™m grateful that even though there was alcohol in her house, I wasnā€™t tempted to drink. Iā€™m grateful my mom doesnā€™t drink.
Iā€™m grateful for my friend who took care of my cats while I was gone.
Iā€™m grateful my coworker and her new baby are doing well despite being a couple weeks early.
Iā€™m grateful I got to catch up with a friend from childhood and itā€™s always like weā€™ve never been apart.
Iā€™m grateful thereā€™s so much on here to catch up on, but I just jumped ahead. Hope I didnā€™t miss too much.
Iā€™m grateful I have all of you to come back to.

Progress not perfection.
I am enough.
OFDAAT

12 Likes

Good morning sober family,

Im so very greatful forā€¦

My sobriety, yesterday was trying but i made it thru
493 days free from weed and alcohol
36 days free from vaping
Ive saved soo much from not buying booze or vapes
Hubbys up to spend some time together b4 i leave for work
Boscoe and his big personality
Its humpday
Countdown to @Soberbilly 500 days!
Being sober is my superpower
All of you. This amazing community that provides support, advice, fellowship, and laughs.

Much love to yaā€™ll

14 Likes

How are you doing today?

totally get this - i do hope you are feeling better or getting the right care.

6 Likes

A Wednesday morning Gratitudeā€¦Happy Hump Day my sober friends :sun_with_face:

I am so grateful for COFFEE - my dark roast heavenly blend of liquid gold. I am grateful that I still have enough to enjoy leisurely sipping after I chugged the first two cups. :coffee: Grateful that I am feeling more like a living human now.
I am grateful that I am awake - alert and breathing clean fresh air. My throat is still sore but I did not spit up blood today so it may be healing.
I am so grateful for cooler weather approaching. Grateful that will be coming to us after some thunderstorms.
I am so grateful that I was able to get all my moving around work done yesterday. I was able to provide plenty of baked goods for the upcoming festival. So grateful that my sis and BIL are going to help so I do not have to try and handle it. The universe works in mysterious ways cause no way would I have been able to do stand all day and serve with a smile while running around in a small space
I am so grateful that I have PT today and Friday this week - I will be talking to them about the excessive pain level. They were already super gentle as she couldnā€™t really touch my skin due to extreme sensitivity. I am reading up on it and in order to get better I just may need to endure this for now. Shifting of bones is not going to be painless. I am praying now and preparing myself for whatever may be the next course. I know its all for my healing process - trying to focus on the end result.
I am so grateful that I am able to meditate and pray. Grateful that doing so releases many emotions and I am left feeling raw and vulnerable yet in a space of peace.
I am so grateful that the past week has not caused me to go into dark thinking even when i couldnā€™t do my practices to keep me in the light.
I am so grateful that we did get new phones - this was a nightmare process and I would not recommend dealing with Google for phone service. I may be old school but I need to go into a store and deal with a human face to face rather than spend hours on a phone spending 90% of that time on hold. Grateful that I was not the one that had to do this - my brother took care of it.
I am so grateful for my family - my HP and my ability to connect with both.
I am so grateful for TS family and community. Grateful that the veterans on this site provide so much inspiration and knowledge. Grateful for the newbies who we are able to support and who remind us why we do not want to repeat day 1. Grateful for each and everyone of us who help support each other throughout this journey.
I am just super grateful today to just be me!
Hoping that everyone has a wonderful addiction free day today! Sending you all so much LOVE :heart: :heart:

11 Likes

Iā€™m grateful wifey got a docs appointment. First time in 8 years :scream:
Iā€™m grateful she asked me to take her.
Iā€™m grateful for the last 5 days Iā€™ve enjoyed with my wife.
Iā€™m grateful when she talks about our travels and says oh that will be October I can drink againā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ I have to admit my heart sinks.
Iā€™m grateful I seriously just have to take it OFDAAT. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m going to enjoy today.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ll enjoy today with or without her.
Iā€™m grateful I got a lunch date Saturday with John.
Grateful to admit Iā€™m nervous. The last time I went out with a guyā€¦ā€¦ anyoneā€¦ā€¦without my wife :thinking: wasā€¦ā€¦.NEVER :scream: I seriously canā€™t remember.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m doing good. Currently.
Iā€™m grateful I got dental and dermatologist appointments set up next week for our semiannual + checkups.
Iā€™m grateful for my Tuesday night meeting.
Iā€™m grateful for the Ol Burner.
Iā€™m grateful for Daisy and Alice taking turns sleeping on my neck last night.
Iā€™m grateful for technology and I can sit in the waiting room and share my gratitude with friends.
Iā€™m grateful for cooler morning walks with Benson.
Iā€™m grateful weā€™ll go out to lunch/brunch after this appointment. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s what we do.
Iā€™m grateful sheā€™s asking me questions about drinking dreams. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m consciously putting my iPad down in these moments to really listen to her when sheā€™s talking about her newly days sober.
Iā€™m grateful we shared looking at each others app formats.
Iā€™m grateful the dinner I found on the internet yesterday was easy to make and delicious.
Iā€™m grateful for my health.
Iā€™m grateful I can hear and see and feel and taste and smell.
Iā€™m grateful for the life Iā€™ve lead so far.
Grateful for yā€™all.
:pray::heart:

Gratitude paints little smiley faces on everything it touches.
Richelle E. Goodrich

13 Likes

Today Iā€™m again grateful for an ok day. Iā€™m grateful that the dentist appointments are finished, I got my first toothbleaching today. Boy they look good! Iā€™m grateful I was brave and treated myself to a complete inspection and necessary overhaul of my teeth when I found this wonderful dentist where they are so kind to angsty people like me :pray: Iā€™m grateful life serves you everything at the right time :pray:

Iā€™m grateful I met an old studyfriend by chance today, must be a year we last talked. Iā€™m grateful my town is small enough to run into people and big enough to avoid people.

Iā€™m grateful for shiatsu therapy today. Iā€™m knakered. Tough stuff today. Iā€™m grateful I rested for the rest of the day.

Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m already in bed, Missi beside me, book beside me, alarm set, ready to fall asleep whenever I want :pray:

10 Likes

I am grateful for a loving God who listens to my prayers. Once I surrendered my will to his my life has been easier. Amen.

10 Likes

I am grateful that I feel wiped out, it means energy is moving. I had my first EMDR session yesterday, it was interesting. I am grateful that when I experienced tonic immobility in the parking lot of the grocery store (after therapy) I was still able to talk. I am grateful G answered his phone.

I am having ā€¦ hmmm I wouldnt say a difficult time but I might say I am resisting the words trauma and PTSD. I suppose my whole life I have just ā€œsucked it upā€ so much that said ā€œtraumasā€ became deserving or even asked for. I am grateful that changes in perspective dont always happen overnight, and some may never happen at all. I am also grateful that labeling situations or incidents will not make or break my healing from them.

I am grateful that I can talk about how I feel today so that when the part of me who likes to cut shows up to relieve some pressure, I dont need her. I am grateful to understand why she is here though, and I am grateful for all the years shes protected me. :heart:

11 Likes

I am grateful that @Dazercat wife is not drinking and has gone for routine health care. Sending thoughts that she gets an A plus on a routine wellness exam and blood work and stuff to follow.
I remember Ericā€™s saying is JFT, Just For Today, and ODAAT. Big hugs, lots of love.

9 Likes

Thanks Alisa.
Iā€™m gratefully proud of her for coming clean to her knew doc. Told her the truth. And she liked her. She gets bloodwork results Monday. I hope it comes back ok.
:pray:t2::heart:

9 Likes

:white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark:
ODAAT
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

Today I am grateful that I have been able to mostly stick to my diet and meal prep more this week. I feel healthier and sticking to a routine makes me feel more like I am actually accomplishing something on a day to day basis.

11 Likes

Good morning my sober tribe!

Im so very greatful forā€¦

My sobriety,
Hubbys sobriety
Time with hubby in the am and pm yesterday. We work opposite hours so finding time together during the week is difficult
He makes me giddy
Boscoe cuddles
A productive, fullfilling workday yesterday
Hope
Joy
Meditation
Caught up on TS, except for the memes :slight_smile:
Getting our carpets cleaned saturday!
Payday tomorrow
Favorite ladies meeting tonight

Love all you gratidudes

11 Likes

Good morning grateful friends

Iā€™m grateful I went to bed sober last night. Cravings were bad but I resisted.

Iā€™m grateful nightmares arenā€™t real despite feeling that way.

Iā€™m grateful I could get a doctor appt today to get some things checked out.

Iā€™m grateful to be back home with my cats. And they let me sleep last night. They all definitely miss me when Iā€™m away.

Iā€™m grateful tomorrow is Friday and payday.

Iā€™m grateful for this community.

ā€”ā€”
I am enough.
Iā€™m allowed to take up space.
My needs are valid.

OFDAAT

12 Likes

Good morning friends,
Iā€™m grateful I have some time this morning for coffee and gratitude on the porch swing. Iā€™m grateful for the comfort of checking in with you all, and seeing others check in too. Even if itā€™s a struggle sometimes. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s cooling down in the mornings here. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ve been walking outside more lately. Iā€™m grateful for the pretty and cheerful pink and purple flowers by my front door. Iā€™m grateful my gratitude is simple today. :heart:

8 Likes