Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4

Ooopsie :blush:
Signs. I don’t spell good. :joy:
I’m dying over here. :joy::joy::joy:
Thinking you’re thinking I’m singing to rats. :musical_score: :notes: :musical_note:

Edit
Nov 28 2020 11 months sober.
@M-be-free49
You remembered :blush:

:scream::scream::scream:

I’m grateful I so enjoyed looking for those photos M.
I’m grateful Sobriety won that day.
:pray::heart:

11 Likes

@Cjp beautiful,I love this.:grin:

11 Likes

A very happy birthday @Frazzetta and a great start in to a new and exciting year of life! Same goes to you, @tailee17.

I am grateful for the totally unexpected chortle that bubbled up when I saw the pics of the rodent terminator truck - they are hilarious. Like a disney nightmare. Thank you for sharing this again @Dazercat

I am grateful my initial rage when I discovered some prankster stole all the valves from ALL the bikes in my street turned into a tiny bit admiration, someone would actually go through all the effort for a joke. Its still super annoying, but no major harm done.

I am grateful my coffee tastes delicious this morning and the sun is shining. I am grateful for knowledge and hope and curiosity. I am grateful for lighthearted laughter and a beautiful weekend coming up. I am grateful I get the chance to draw some new boundaries and show people around me how I want to be treated.

Have a great one everyone :orange_heart:

12 Likes

Congratulations and thank you for the work you do. Have a restful moment before you take on more!

11 Likes

Morning friends,

Still struggling. But grateful for another day sober.

Grateful I have a massage scheduled for after work today.

Grateful yesterday’s migraine seems to be mostly better.

Grateful for my morning coffee.

Grateful it’s Friday and a long weekend coming up.

Grateful the Celtics won last night. Although I fell asleep by halftime.

Grateful for all of you.

Depression lies.
OFDAAT

13 Likes

Morning @KarenKW . My affinty for the Sox and the Celtics ( my dad was a HUGE Bruins fan)stretches back to 1960. Yikes. Yaz and Tony C etc Bill Russell, Cousy,Havlick the Joneses,no pun intended. When the Sox won it all in '04 I was good. Then they won 3 more!! And now I stopped following sports. ??? When I came home from my 28 day stay at the rehab hotel I was a different person. In many ways. I have an ocean of gratitude for that. No news neither. I know it’s bullshit. I worked as a technical operator for NBC for a quarter century. Metallica is right,sad but true.! I’m grateful for Thich Nhat Hanh. Gratitude abounds for so much,like everything in my life. I am blessed. He shook me gently awake. Blessed. My first Back to Basics meeting last night was excellent. Blessed. This thread,this app,you people. Blessed. Happy birthday @Frazzetta . Seuze the day soberly with gratitude. Namaste :pray: God guru and Self are One

13 Likes

Good morning gratitude crew,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 390 days free which seems like forever and not that long at the same time
Boscoe and his cuteness
Hubby and our love
Im off work until next Tuesday. Im greatful i dont dread free time as much as in early sobriety
I get to grocery shopping today…supermarket sweep that bitch lol
My mom
My family
I have money to pay the bills
I have enough
Progress not perfection
Keeping true to heathy eating
Getting an oil change today…they have a massage chair
Sunshine
Kindness
Hope
All of you folks!

Peace and joy to you all

14 Likes

Thankful for 141 days today! For whatever reason at lunch yesterday I caught a craving but I focused on my thoughts and did what I always do, remind myself of who I was when I drank and why I quit in the first place. I am preparing myself to quit chewing tobacco. I have been putting it off because I really wanted to focus on my sobriety from alcohol first so I’m a little nervous about it but I want to do it soon! I’ve got almost 5 months free from alcohol so I’m feeling ready to kick my other habit to the curb.

11 Likes

@Dazercat and @I.cant.We.can thankyou for making me laugh today – totally hear the pied piper playing the tune and Eric singing to an army of rats….Thank goodness the area is still sealed and not signs of rats! BTW – that car is something else.

Happy Friday my sober friends – made it through this week :blush:
I am so grateful for another day to work on my healing
I am so grateful that I am able to really work the “mind over matter” saying and am working on letting things go as if it doesn’t matter
I am so grateful that yesterday was a harsh day pain wise and started out that way but I am working on not letting it get to me – the mediation is working
I am so grateful that my parents came over for morning meditation. Brother is still being aloof and it is a bit hurtful but whatever –will work through these feelings.
I am so grateful that I am realizing that next week will be super crazy and I have to prepare mentally for the 2 events. My sister will be helping out for the Sunday event as it is an insane day.
I am so grateful that I am going to pack the car with the 80% of items needed for the event next week now so that I don’t feel pressure during the week.
I am so grateful that I can rely on my higher power and call on “him” whenever (haven’t stopped calling on “him” so hopefully it’s not obsessive :rofl:
I am so grateful that you all are here with me on this journey. Grateful for each and every one of you and this TS site.
Have a wonderful Friday — sending much love :heart:

14 Likes

I’m grateful for my wife.
I’m grateful wifey made it to bed last night.
I’m grateful after a busy day and a late lunch out, she suggested I didn’t have to cook dinner, if I didn’t want to and we could “fend for ourselves.” I’m grateful it’s very easy for me to “fend for myself,” when meal time is involved.
I’m grateful we had fun watching the Grays season finale last night. I’m grateful she actually stayed awake for it. Barely. I’m grateful I just now realized that.
I’m grateful wifey got all the cats in and out of the house and the cats on deck on our deck yesterday afternoon.
I’m grateful she was able to feed the cats last night and clean up after it.

I’m grateful I put of the Moon Mantra last night when I didn’t think I needed it. I’m grateful I knew I was going to fall right to sleep but it was nice to do it when I didn’t “need,” it.
I’m grateful I just listened to the Moon mantra again this morning while reading some recovery stuff. I’m grateful I then continued it in peace with a warm purring cat on my lap joining in. I’m grateful sometimes I just put on a mantra for the heck of it.

I’m grateful Alice is back on my lap keeping it nice and warm. I’m grateful when I call Alice to come in the morning she comes. I’m grateful when Maverick talks back to me when I say “Hi Buddy.” I’m grateful for Daisy’s chirpiness and head bashing on the kitchen island during feeding time. I’m grateful for B, even though she’s a pia. (Pain in the ass :smirk_cat:)

I’m grateful my guy came out after he finished work, to fix some leaks in my irrigation.

I’m grateful for my children, their spouses, my Norma, and my Gus Bus. Grateful we will all be together soon for our very first family reunion. We haven’t been together, as a family, since his wedding, pre Pandemic. Now I’m thinking wow :hushed: that’s a long fucking time.

I’m grateful I’m thinking new milestone here. First family reunion and my son and I are going to be sober for it, and more to come. I’m grateful we can celebrate his 10 years of sobriety, even though we don’t really celebrate it since we got baby’s and a shit ton of other blessings to be celebrating. I’m grateful I just thought I can get him a ten year chip. Even though I’ve never done that before for him. I’m grateful it’s his recovery and I haven’t got a clue what he does for it. I’m grateful I better verify that with his wife so I don’t make a fool of myself.

I’m grateful for my home thread and memories of our recovery together. Let’s go make some more recovery memories today. We got our backs.

:pray:t2::heart:

Psychology Today says, “Grateful people experience fewer aches and pains and report feeling healthier than other people, according to a 2012 study published in Personality and Individual Differences. Not surprisingly, grateful people are also more likely to take care of their health . They exercise more often and are more likely to attend regular check-ups, which is likely to contribute to further longevity.”

14 Likes

I am grateful for my family. In the first few days of sobriety I believed them to be the enemy and were out to sabotage my new alcohol free lifestyle. I do believe those who do not have an addiction problem do not fully understand the seriousness of the illness and think 1 tune-up and you are cured. I need to educate those around me too. A little lesson here and there.

13 Likes

So true indeed. I am still explaining my emotions, urges and struggles daily to my family. You are so right on that those that have never battled an addiction have no idea how serious it is and can’t comprehend what we are going through…
Best of luck my friend and remember we are all here for you as we are all in the same boat :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you very much.

4 Likes

Back for another round of gratitude…

Im greatful for…

Traffic laws…keeps things moving smooth enough
My knees dont hurt as much going up and down the stairs
Hubby put away the clean laundry before work
Got my car tuned up and its in good shape for being 10 years old
Abundance of choices at the grocery store
I buy lots of veggies these days
Boscoes always excited to see me. Makes me laugh and happy

12 Likes

Today I’m grateful for a good day. Was up way to early, 2 am is no time to wake up. I’m grateful I read, had breakfast at 4 and by 6 the chores were done. I even managed to pressure wash the deck for the second time, now it’s ready for the garden furniture and plant pots.
I’m grateful I will change the insurance company and the rates will decrease markedly next year. I’m grateful for my friend and that she introduced me to her insurance agent. It worked well, I will save money and now I have an agent who I trust. Another big item ticked off the to do list :pray:

I’m grateful my cats are fury purring cuddlemonsters. I’m grateful they are friendly and welcoming to guests.

I’m grateful I am curious and look forward to when the herbs I seeded will start sprouting. I hope they will. I’m grateful I enjoy fumbling around in the garden again. It shows me that I change and recover in my heart and my soul from all I had lost in the last years with my ex. It is nice to feel this calm, peaceful joy and smile.

I’m grateful I am safe, free, at peace and that checking HALT tells me it’s dinner time, I feel the hungry grumpy sneaking in my mind. I’m grateful for all the blessings in my life :pray:

12 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:u so funny

6 Likes

I’m grateful to God for lovingly guiding me through today, clean and sober, I pray he helps me remain that way since Its only 6:15p.m. as I start this probably long post. I’m grateful for All my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful that I attempted to start using my calendar on my cell phone as I have a busy schedule. I’m grateful while going through my appointment cards and little post-it notes I looked through talking sober, trying to confirm when I got my beginers license and discovered that today is day 365 living in this apartment. I’m grateful that these beloved home threads of ours serves (this is the 4th one I have been a part of after all) as a journal of sorts and that I can go back and figure these things out. I’m grateful that I achieved and failed at many things over this, I guess, apartment year. I’m grateful my place still looks new. I’m grateful I got my beginners license back as well as almost all my identification and that my first year drivers limitations end on the 6th of next month. I’m grateful I can schedule and pass a road test, I’m confident in my driving skillls. I’m grateful for the recovery community that I came back to. I’m grateful I can say it’s not the same as it was when I left this town for long term treatment as covid lockdown started in april 2020. I’m grateful my expectations upon my return for some friends, family and recovery supports were somewhat healthy. I’m grateful that I have developed new strong connections with God, family and members in my recovery community. Im grateful I have had a couple good jobs over the year renting jet skis at the beach and driving forklift at the fruitgrowers association. I’m grateful I have, as of today received a call for a second interview on Monday at Canadian Tire. I’m grateful that I got accepted into college last fall and sad that my starting date was amidst my relapsing and I failed to get things prepared or attend. I’m grateful I have applied again and that even though there may be wreckage as I found out a few days ago due to not unregistering I may have to pay for a semester I didn’t even attend, I can and will, figure it out and do the right thing(sigh). I’m grateful my sponsor is right I can do a better job at not continuing to make wreckage. I’m grateful I have an appointment at the college Monday afternoon and can start to fix it. I’m grateful that I tried and failed at dating numerous times since getting back here. I’m grateful to learn that I can still meet someone and be a good reliable partner and deserve the same in return some day. I’m grateful to have discussed putting dating on hold with my sponsor, yet again, God willing, my boundaries with women need work, easier said than done. I’m grateful to be learning from getting laid off, relapsing, getting dumped, blowing my savings, getting an auto-immune diagnosis of crohns disease, dealing with friends and family dying, these things happened before but not really to my healthy self so now I can hopefully continue to move forward and learn from these mistakes and unfortunate life events. I’m grateful that I went for a walk earlier and stopped to meditate. I’m grateful that I am chairing my homegroup NA meeting tonight. I’m grateful it will be my third meeting today. I’m grateful that I have started attending Church. I’m grateful that my apartment building is affordable housing through a Christian charity and offers lots of support if I chose to use them, which I do, particularly the recovery discussions. I’m grateful when I first moved in I was facilitating a group and stopped because of work. I still get opportunities to do so even now when needed or if I want to. I’m grateful for music and creativity. I’m grateful for humor and laughter. I’m grateful I got a local Doctor and I go see him. I’m “grateful” I experienced being handcuffed for the first time ever since living here :grimacing: got that one out of the way I hope. I’m grateful to have a good sponsor and to have sponsored others. I’m grateful to have had a video call yesterday with a 28 year old who had to have surgery on an infected heart valve due to drugs. I’m grateful during my relapsing with, primarily him, we didn’t actually fight, but it came close. I’m grateful he has attempted recovery before and encouraged me to stay recovered, it made me cry. I’m grateful we met doing drugs about a decade ago but have since become friends and frenemies, have worked together, partied, recovered, partied again and now I hope to both stay in recovery. I’m grateful to know I can only work on me. I’m grateful for the day I left his place with him and found a gentleman covered in blood and even though he kept going I stopped and in so doing saved my life, as well as the bleeding gentleman, who is still one of my long distance sponsees. I’m grateful to God. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Amen. I’m grateful for the breathe in my lungs. I’m grateful for the twelve steps and that I work them.

May our higher power give us strength.

p.s. If you’re reading this, you rock. Ya you!!

14 Likes

WOW Brian - I am thrilled to read your post. Thank you for such an amazing share - amazing changes for you over the past year. Ya you!
Sobriety suits you my friend - keep at it. As so much has already fallen into place and so much more to come.
americas-got-talent-agt

10 Likes

Thanks @JazzyS glad you’re here. There’s alot on my plate but I believe my higher power who I call God will continue to provide and put people in place to help me through. I’m grateful the NA meeting tonight was a lot of fun. They aren’t all like that. I’m grateful to have just noticed there’s a new Antman movie on Disney+
God bless us all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You’re a star, shine bright. Ya you!!

8 Likes

Ohhh, nooo, too much to catch up here.
I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful I feel okay.
I am grateful I found some peace and adapt quickly. I remember when back in march people constantly kept telling me: maybe after all it’ll be nice. But I was caught up in my frustration and anger and I liked it there.
Now, I feel better. And I am grateful people here (not all of course) made it easier.
And now I am grateful I am not in my site in Germany as people are giving notice faster than you can count.
I am grateful I don’t drink. I am grateful I don’t have to moderate. I am grateful I don’t wake up hungover. I am grateful most of the times I remember what I did yesterday.
I am grateful I still learn. I am grateful I can come here and have possibilities to journal.
I am grateful I have enough.

15 Likes