Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4

I love your thoughtful response @Chiron. Very beautifully spoken and I agree with all that you said. For me this thread and TS has been a blessing. Everyone has something to offer. Because I isolated so long I cherish connection. Thank you so very much for connection :heart:

10 Likes

Word of the weekend :+1:Thanks :pray:

Today I’m grateful for a great sunday. Slept about 10 hours and was up early. Used the cool morning hours for garden work. I’m really productive in the morning. I’m grateful the deck was ready for breakfast when I needed a break. I’m grateful for showers, I’ll have another one before going to bed. I’m grateful the third laundry 90 degrees celsius machine from the fucking stink bug attack is washed. These beasts have their name rightly :nauseated_face:. I’m grateful the bedding and linen don’t stink anymore :pray:

I’m grateful I had the first breakfast on the new deck. It is lovely to sit outside and enjoy it. I’m grateful it was quiet in the neighbourhood today, no grilling, no music, no loud chatting, no noisy children. Oh Lord, the silence was heavenly.

I’m grateful for yummi lunch, interesting documentaries in the afternoon and that I did more garden work later in the afternoon. I’m grateful how far I’ve come.
I’m grateful for a long and funny chitchat with all neighbours including kids and dogs. Nice neighbours are pure gold.

I’m grateful for my cozy bed, for feeling safe and free, for living in peace and for ODAAT :pray:

12 Likes

I’ve never seen these critters @erntedank. I thought we had every bug known to man in Florida. I can’t blame you for “death to the intruders”. I’m grateful your having a beautiful day. You deserve to. TW Is this it?

9 Likes

Billy, you ask questions I can’t answer! haven’t looked at the bug from this perspective :rofl:
Looks like this and yes, I have an iron houserule: INhouse only furballs, outside all who want to peacefully coexist are welcome.

11 Likes

Yesss we have those where I live too, I think it’s a stink bug, that’s what my 5 year old calls them. There is a Reddit forum “r/whatsthisbug” all these bug experts will tell you right away, lol… you wouldn’t believe the bugs I’ve been finding in the South.
But the only bugs I kill are the fire ants, mosquitos and flies. Gladly!! Fly buzzing in my room right now needs to DIE

10 Likes

Today was a good day!
Grateful for this fence I got today. Oh man this thing is falling apart but it makes my heart sing with joy. I got the whole thing for 60$ and the lady selling it was so hard to get a hold of she would message me and then not respond for 5 days. I had given up and was at Lowe’s about to spend a fortune on fencing when she messaged me. I can finally plant my tomatoes that I’ve been growing. I am so grateful.
I am grateful for joy.
I am grateful for the journey.
Grateful for coffee creamer
Grateful that Froggert is fed and I didn’t have to go buy crickets.
Grateful my baby is asleep and I get to read for an hour tonight. My daughter wanted to stay at grandmas another night.
Grateful she loves my mom so much.

15 Likes

I am grateful for
My support team
Back to work next week
My mother
My cat SweetTea
This community
Grey’s Anatomy
Sound Healing :heart:

14 Likes

I’m grateful that @Dazercat @Runningfree thinking of me brought me back to my favorite space. Gratitude :yellow_heart:
I’m grateful I’m living life these days. I’m grateful I spend less time in my cave. I’m grateful for the ups and downs of my life. Im grateful that sobriety is what has given me the tools to face the lows with empathy, compassion, and appreciation for my life. I’m grateful I speak up now. On my human-ness, my challenges, addiction. I’m grateful for the kind human beings that have come into my life and loveme for me. I’m grateful I fell in love again. I’m grateful we are learning to hold space for each other. I’m grateful she makes me feel safe. I’m grateful that addiction led me here. I’m grateful for the tools that my friends here gave me that I use every day. That I share with others. I love and miss my gratidudes :yellow_heart:

18 Likes

We are grateful that you’re back! Good to see you again :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Grateful to see you Laura.
I’m grateful for Grey’s too. 19 seasons and another cliffhanger. I’m grateful for that crazy hospital.
:pray::heart::hugs:

8 Likes

I’m so grateful for this thread. I’m grateful for how I putter through the weekend, in my garden thinking about @erntedank planting her herbs…

Happy that @I.cant.We.can is still enjoying his place and on solid sober footing.

Hoping we hear from @Bootz after her run-in with KFC! :sweat_smile:

Speaking of run ins, I’d be grateful if y’all would drop the bug pics :rofl:. I actually also usher spiders out of my wee home, but (TW) I encountered a (I can hardly type it) bedbug at a well known hotel chain for work travel (some years ago now. I think I drank about it, arg.) Nothing gets me from “namaste” to “kill-those-motherf*ckers” faster than the sight of a you-know-what.

Grateful for @Dazercat’s honest shares. I think those online meetings aren’t so much an addiction but more like a fitness routine for our recovery (kind of like this thread), you know?

Grateful that @Sunflower found this thread. She’s been a solid support on my journey and I can’t imagine it without her.

Hoping that @KarenKW and @JazzyS feel better soon. :pray:

Delighted to see @Callie99 and @Clarity! And for the shout out from @Charlie_C too!

Dang it that’s ten. I also wanted to welcome LALA222 and tailee17 and - there’s just too many, but I love how we have a place, a space, for all of this gratitude. I can’t imagine my life without this. I’m grateful I don’t have to… :orange_heart:

18 Likes

I am grateful I slept a bit better I think.
I am grateful I feel better after yesterday’s upppp and awful dowwwwwn of sugar nightmare. It took me some time to recover.
I am grateful I have these things less often now. They occur and I will never get used to it as it is purely physical feeling. Nothing mental behind this. I am grateful I am not neglecting my diabetes as I did many years especially during drinking and the results were a lot more rollercoaster than now.
I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful there is not much I really have to.
I am grateful mostly mosquitos sting when I am asleep. Please don’t swwwwwweeeee around my ear before. Just get your fucking blood and be quiet.
I am grateful I have enough.

14 Likes

I’m very grateful for the weekend I’ve had.

I was so tired on Friday afternoon. Would’ve submitted to a wine-induced sleep in the before time. I coaxed myself into my little garden instead. Grateful I went to sleep a good tired instead. Rose early on Saturday and played in said garden in the cool morning with my hot coffee, planted away in the afternoon too. Turned over the soil in the boxes and planters that soon will be filled with tomatoes. Grateful that I laughed when I stood to get ready for bed… now I know why old people groan when they move :sweat_smile:.

Grateful for today too. A little sleep in, good walks with the dog girl, good chats here and there. Grateful I tackled a chore I’d been putting off: 3 boxes of “files” turned to about half a box! For someone who likes trees so much, there’s too much to be recycled or shredded. Grateful it’s done.

Grateful for time to reflect. Grateful to be where I am.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

15 Likes

Day 105 AF af and Grateful
Grateful to post here despite too tired to keep up with all the threads, still insomnia :disappointed:
Met with sober recovery bud today for a ride on the scooter. Lordy blessed us for safety and fellowship :arrow_right: Ty Loving Higher Power.
Grateful friend trusted me with his life , it increased my bond with him even though I wasn’t fully on my game ( some small injuries and bike needs tune up~ both a work in progress :hugs:)
Grtfl for sunshine and riding season is here and to be sober when riding is a no brainer. A little Kombucha when getting home and a lot of coffee to fuel the ride sets me straight.
Love to you all and according to Rajneesh:
Meditation will take us from sex to love to prayer
Ride the craves and Love Absolute will see us through :hugs::hugs::hugs::sunny::sunny::sunny:

15 Likes

I’m grateful I came across this. Made me think of you.

@JazzyS :blush:
Grateful I can just keep faking it.
Maybe I fake it til it just seems normal.
That’s making it right? :thinking:

12 Likes

Checking in grateful for a sunny day in the great outdoors with marvellous views across lakes and woods. I spent the day with a friend, whom I hadn’t enjoyed meeting so much the last few months. I felt not seen nor heard by him and I was starting to hold a grudge. I am grateful I mustered the courage to spell out my perception of our relationship and he could acknowledge his part in it. It felt good to let go of the resentments. In fact, it felt good to realize, that there was another side to this as well and talking about it made it possible to work on it together. I am grateful for progress.
I am grateful I am alive and curious for all the things that might still come. Grateful for all of here :orange_heart:

13 Likes

@erntedank Yes - those are stink bugs! I used to get so many but i never had them stink but my sister has experienced them stinking when her cats kill em in the house so i think they only emit the stink when scared or dying :thinking: :person_shrugging: Just glad you got them out and all your linens are now fresh and clean

I’m dying – loved that line! Thankyou so much —still in pain but so much better than yesterday (almost to the manageable pain level so things are looking up.

@anon74766472 I can’t stand them damn mosquitos – especially around the ear. If I know that i’m going to be in the yard or outdoors I try to remember and rub myself with a garlic spray (just mushed garlic and water) – mosquitos hate this smell and it makes me want Italian :rofl:
@Dazercat Normal? Not sure any of us know what that means :rofl: I’m torn cause I don’t want your new normal to be based on you having had to fake it yet you are faking it to for your own sanity and wellbeing and only in a certain area of your life where it’s not all bad just not always good. I always try to smile when i’m down cause someone said that the act of your mouth smiling will eventually make you smile. I sincerely hope that this is the same for you :people_hugging:Aaah love- sending you support and yeah - keep faking it till you make it

It’s a beautiful Monday morning here and the sun is shining - hope all is well with my sober friends
I am so grateful that i’m enjoying a hot cup of coffee and waiting for my parents to show up for our meditation / prayer
I am so grateful that i managed to sleep (i could not for the life of me take a nap yesterday) so i’m glad it paid off with a few long hours last night. I’m not refreshed but i’m not groggy
I am so grateful that my pain level is almost back to manageable, I will be cutting my nails this morning to stop any damage from the constant itching and my cysts / welts are subsided and inward (did a apple cider vinegar body wash - so damn painful but i think it may have helped) — OH and my headache very mild. Starting off the week right - I couldn’t be happier
I am so grateful that I will only have a few hours of work to do today and will be able to relax for the rest of the day – I don’t want to stay home today so will try to come up with something fun (maybe go to a lake, go check out our dinky Michigan aquarium, go to the pool to hang out… possibilities are endless)
I am so grateful that I was able to chat on this site pretty much all day and it was a huge distraction for me.
I am so grateful for my higher power, my ability to meditate / pray, my supportive family and THIS COMMUNITY.
Loads of love to all of you - have a wonderful day! Sending much love :heart:

12 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 393 days free
Quality time with hubby
Walked Boscoe 2x yesterday
Bonus day of yoga today
Lunch with friends
Love
Hope
Joy
Safety
Time off from work
Sunshine
Laughter
Hot coffee and creamer
Another day of possibilities

Love to you all

14 Likes

I’m grateful for the extreme low I hit yesterday.
I’m grateful, you know what, that too did pass.
I’m grateful I knew it would.
I’m grateful I realize just how sick I am.
Im grateful I got like 4 meetings in, online over the weekend.
I’m grateful for gratitude banter about bugs, music, Bootz and Billy when, I haven’t got a clue what or who y’all are talking about most of the time. :laughing: Brian’s bladder :scream: All of it. I really needed y’all over the weekend. Chiron :heart: And I’m grateful you all delivered even if just to say how grateful you are that you found us. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :sunflower:
Or popping in with 608 days or taking my lead and coming on here for the first time when the cravings are bad.

I’m grateful I had a lot of gratitude to share when I woke up this morning and I can’t think of those grateful things at the moment and I just got to list what I can come up with presently.
I’m grateful, isn’t that what’s it’s all about :pray:t2:

I’m grateful for Blue Bloods.
I’m grateful for Ted Lasso.
I’m grateful for Shrinking. I finished the first season of it on Apple TV. It’s so good.
I’m grateful for the really good shows Apple TV puts out.

I’m grateful I got an in person meeting tonight.
I’m grateful wifey said she would cook dinner on this meeting night or Tuesday night.
IMG_1297
Well we’ll see if Lucy is holding that dinner as I come running home. Again.
I’m grateful I can laugh about it all today.

I’m grateful for my new Mantra this morning.
Again, Dan. :hugs:
@SinceIAwoke
It’s a wicked easy one to learn too.
Love y’all.

“Three Little Birds”
(feat. The Wailers)

“Don’t worry about a thing
'Cause every little thing is gonna be alright”
Singing, “Don’t worry about a thing
'Cause every little thing is gonna be alright!”

15 Likes

ran out of hearts my friend – so grateful that you were able to recover from your extreme low (sorry that it happened in the first place). :people_hugging:

Oh BOB MARLEY - him and his music have gotten me through so much — love and am grateful for that man! I literally listen to him daily. I don’t really put up pictures in my home of my loved ones but my house was filled with Bob (even the fridge magnets - :rofl:) When I find good inspiration / motivation - I hold on tight :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes