Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

Good morning.

Fricken cold!!! Only 6 degrees good lord that happened fast. I am grateful for warm clothes, wool socks and blankets. I am grateful for the noisy little gull chick chasing its mumma around squawking.

Grateful for the support of my sisters in recovery. Grateful for my homegroup. Grateful for my sponsor. Grateful for G.

16 Likes

Couldn’t imagine it any other way! So happy to hear that reading the thread helped in dark times and so grateful to see you fully immersed in it now.
@sasxoxo Thank you so much! Way to go on 60 days and hell yeah you should be super proud. Some days are harder than others – thankfully we have our tools to get us over the hump.
@its_me_stella glad I could give you a chuckle last night. Not sure why but Michael Myers has always freaked me out and that theme is also super freaky – I know one year I hung his mask in my kitchen bay window and the reflection around the glass and the plants underneath just totally made it look like he was on the deck looking in… I would have a fright getting water in the middle of the night. Felt like this might make you laugh too :wink: — so many compliments on the necklace. I can’t wait to get this rash under control so I can wear it properly and show it off! :heart:

ITS FRIDAY my beautiful grateful souls! You guys all rock so hard and love each of you to pieces :heart:

I am so grateful that i did get some sleep last night. I did wake up a few times but was able to fall back to sleep within 20 minutes so all in all it was a wonderful slumber.
I am so grateful for all the lovely posts on my 9 month thread and all the beautiful congratulations all over! Thank you all for celebrating my milestone with me. :people_hugging:
I am so grateful for my mom calling me this morning and wanting to spend some time together over coffee. Grateful that she can see my rash subsiding. Love small changes in the positive direction.
I am so grateful that i am going to actively work on my spiritual growth. I feel like i have moved far from this and need to desperately reconnect. I am so grateful for my HP for helping me heal and not giving me more than i can handle. This too shall pass!
I am so grateful for a my family – love how much love is around me! Grateful that i am blessed with a caring family - allowing me to heal and helping me in the process.
I am so grateful that I will have my ultrasound on Tuesday (hoping to see a change is my ovarian cyst - my left side has been hurting but that might be due to the PT – didn’t know that you can strengthen your spine from your front pelvic / stomach area.
I am so grateful that I have my colonoscopy and EGD scheduled for next Friday. Grateful that my brother will take me to my appointment and help take care of me afterwards (i guess i may be out of it for some time). Fingers crossed that they will be able to figure out the source of my severe inflammation.
I am so grateful that i know I can do a 85% raw food and liquid diet as I need to get back to this.
I am so grateful for my mediation and prayers - i hope to spend some one on one time with me and my HP today (make this a daily occurrence).
I am so grateful that all my plants are doing so well - seeing them flourish makes me so happy.
I am so grateful that while my aunt has been ill that my uncle (her brother who is currently living with her) was able to take such great care of her. He is in recovery himself and seems to be doing super well these days. I think it helps to feel needed. He sounds happy and says that the thought of drinking makes him sick. So grateful for this!
I am so grateful for this community and my growing group of friends :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I so look forward to reaching out to you all and hearing from each and every one of YOU.
Hope you all have a fantastic addiction free day! Sending each of you so much love :heart: :heart:

15 Likes

Yawn :yawning_face: How can someone be so tired???
Today I’m grateful I’m tired from a busy day. I’m grateful my cousellor told me she sees huge progress in my life, I look relaxed and I do manage my life actively again (in difference to the wait and see attitude which was dominant for the last year). I’m grateful I can feel it myself, there’s energy, joy and finally a plan and a big picture sprouting from all the thinking, working on myself and practicing letting go and focusing on the present. Once more: Babysteps add up and get you very very far before you even notice it :pray::pray::pray:

I’m grateful for my emotional support poster. I saw my ex’s bike parking in front of the garage but no sign of him far and wide. And prompt my codependent patterns made an appearance!!! Yeah guys, everything fine, we don’t do codependent anymore, shoo shoo … I’m grateful for my vast toolbox and that I use it whenever I need help. I’m grateful I walk on solid ground in using whatever is needed to stay focused and let go :pray:

I’m grateful I go to bed so tired I even could sleep standing upright. Again my to do list of today is empty. Everything ticked off. And now: weekend. ODAAT

13 Likes

Congrats on 60 days!!
IMG_1703

8 Likes

I’m grateful today ….
…for improved relationship with husband, who complimented me on this fact, last night. Being sober and doing the work on my own physical and mental health has been the reason for this and I’m so grateful to this TS community for helping me get this far.
…for the Al anon books that help me stay focused on this same work, and be patient and have compassion for my husband and what he’s going through with his own issues.
… for the quality ingredients going into our Indian vegetarian supper tonight. We’re making an Urad Dal that takes all day to cook, I just had a taste of the vegan coconut milk kefir which will be a divine dessert with mango and blueberries!
…for my kitties. Our furry companions, just love them!
…for the warm sunny day and cooking outside on the screen porch, hanging out, sipping Pukka tea.
…for the tree frogs hanging out in my yard, I just love to hear them cackle!

15 Likes

I’m grateful for another day way out of routine.
I’m grateful the buyers signed their papers.
We’re out baby!! We’re officially out of Flagstaff.
I’m grateful we’re getting closer to our goal of living in Cali. Going a little too fast. But when your selling that’s ok. I’m grateful I’m loving the desert so much there’s no rush to settle on something in Cali until we find what we want. Or at least stick to our wish list for a few months before caving.
Grateful we’re headed to Cali next week to meet friends in the old stomping grounds of Santa Monica and then to the Gus stop. I’m grateful he’s getting so big and he’s so freaken cute and maybe we’ll be neighbors.
I’m grateful he’s crawling.
I’m grateful Norma is walking.
I’m grateful for the shared photo albums on our apple devices.
I’m grateful for this app.
I’m grateful I’m sober.
I’m grateful I never have to have a hangover again.
I’m grateful wifey and I celebrated, me with a refreshing soda water and lemon. Her with an NA beer and some bad fried chicken at The Horney Toad. It’s usually the best! I’ll be grateful when they change the grease. But I don’t think we’ll be back for awhile. Grateful we got that out of our system since we both are working on our cholesterol. I’m grateful the fried zucchini was good.
Grateful for my cats and dog and coffee.
Grateful for you all.
Grateful for nighttime gratitude.
:pray:t2::heart:

“Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.”
Amy Collette*

14 Likes

so happy for you! grateful for how quickly this all happened for you! the Gus bus awaits you.

PS - sorry about the bad fried chicken.

n5VaQoW39Z9S0

6 Likes

That’s great Eric, congratulations!

I’m grateful for this lovely rainy morning, coffee taste better during this weather.
I’m grateful for everything what happened last evening. Check this out:
My husband was doing some extra work last night, he finished just before shop was closed so he rushed to buy some beer. At home he realised he took 6pack of NA beer :joy: Oh man, it was so sad (not for me) and so funny (mostly for me). I was also super surprised how easy he took it, I think in my drinking times I would go mad. Of course, all shops were closed already. He was so disappointed but (and for this I’m most grateful) he said Maybe it’s better like this. His dealer was already texting him (such a nice guy, probably worried that something happened to my husband cause normally that time they already see eachother /I’m joking ofcourse​:wink:) and h said after few beers he would buy some coke for sure, sleep half Saturday and have fucked up mood from regrets all weekend. I’m super grateful he thinks like that and that he said it loud. It gave me some hope.
I’m grateful Dennis is feeling better, finally night without fever.
I’m grateful pyjamas I ordered for my boys finally arrived yesterday, they are obsessed with superheroes and they were sooooo happy, pure joy.
Im grateful I’m learning this gratitude art.
I’m grateful for all of you - this never gets old.
Big hugs!

15 Likes

Good morning grati-friends. It’s been a minute. I’ve been going through a depressive period lately and feeling lonely and lost a bit. Some gratitude will hopefully get that mood lifted. Apologies, if this becomes a gratitude dump, I am just going to write on until I feel better.

I am grateful for the healing properties of music. I am grateful my co-worker invited me to her birthday party tonight. It makes me happy to know she wants me there. I am grateful for late summer sunlight. I am grateful the season for cinnemon rolls is here: gonna make some later on. Just remembered the time when I could’t smell anything when I had Covid - so grateful for the delicious smell of coffee, I get to enjoy every morning. I am really grateful all of my senses returned. That would have been so terrible, not being able to taste or smell anything longterm. Grateful for the book I am reading. Have been reading for quite some time now, as the topic is not entirely joyful. But it’s written so well, so I hope to finish it this year. I am grateful for the grey hair I spotted when I looked in the mirror this morning. It’s my first. Weirdly enough it makes me really proud. It’s like a token of a new stage in life. Grateful friends are reaching out to me. Grateful I can just tell them how I feel and they are ok with it. Meanwhile I just go through the motions. Booked some holidays to get me out of this funk. Not sure, whether it’s just escaping or giving myself a treat. Maybe both. But I am grateful I made a move. Grateful moving my body and beeing outdoor usually help. Grateful for my mostly well funcioning body. Grateful for stories of hope and inspiration throughout this plattform. Grateful for Dazercats wife holding on to sobriety for the time being. A great reminder, that it is possible and all in our own hands. Grateful for many many milestones reached. Grateful I have this place to come to. Starting to feel better, sober friends, and ready to start the day. Thank you :orange_heart:

14 Likes

I love this :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::orange_heart:
Never too much gratitude :pray:

Coming here for some mid morning gratitude as I’m still lounging on the couch instead of doing grocery shopping.

I’m grateful I was so tired yesterday when I came home, I knew something was different but could not grab what it was. When I fetched the newspaper and did my short walk around this morning I saw it: The ex put away the dozens of boxes beside the entrance and piled them properly in front of the auxillary building! And he mowed the lawn in front of it. I don’t know why he is still fumbling around on the farm but I’m grateful he does it. I’m not keen on this kind of work and procrastinate it normally until it’s overdue. Maybe it’s some kind of showing that he still takes some responsibility here. However, I appreciate it.

I’m grateful for my lovley cats, for their snuggles and purring, for their curiosity and nosiness :grin: They are my sunshine :orange_heart:

I’m grateful for my new glasses. No more headache. I’m grateful for the rainy weather, best weather to start a new book.
I’m grateful for this lovely, cozy big house. Living here is so peaceful, neat, calming and relaxed. I love it. ODAAT

11 Likes

Congratulations @Sasxoxo on 60 days. I’m grateful I’m there too today :partying_face:

I’m grateful to see cool pajamas, house contracts signed, sober spouses, cosy houses, camping and horses and cinnamon rolls on this thread. Life looks good!
I’m grateful I had a dream that tells me maybe my meditation work around forgiveness is doing something.
I’m grateful I woke up feeling lighter and free.
I’m grateful after a bad POTS day yesterday my body feels better today. Grateful I could just sleep yesterday.
I’m grateful for banana and chocolate smoothie to start my day.
I’m grateful I can do indoor and outdoor gardening today.
I’m grateful for the birds on my feeders.
I’m grateful I woke up sober today, the length of a sober weekend is still a novelty and a joy.
I’m grateful to all of you awesome soberistas :heart:
FAFAF ODAAT
:v::heart:

14 Likes

good morning lovely folks :heart: i’m grateful to wake up hangover-free with 13 sober days behind me. for hugs from my baby, for helpful friends. for dawn’s slate blue, for autumn’s sweet hello-again. texts from my sister, apple cider, fresh figs. grateful for this thread reminding me to be grateful. :pray:t3:

12 Likes

Good morning people! I hope this Saturday morning finds all of us grateful to be alive and sober.

I’m grateful the weekend is here. I have been working too hard and I am tired. I’m grateful that I got enough work done that I feel I can take this weekend off from the school work.

I’m grateful my ancient, one-eyed, lumpy, arthritic and mostly deaf chihuahua has decided to nest on my lap for the morning coffee today. She chose me!

I’m grateful my husband just texted me from upstairs asking for the coffee and the morning love. :heart:

Have a good day!

14 Likes

Awesomeness. You are smashing it @Sasxoxo . So happy for you. So grateful you are here.

8 Likes

Way to go Kiki Dee. Stack those days.

7 Likes

Woooot! Way to go on your 60 days!

7 Likes

I’m grateful you found us Kiki,
Huge congratulations on your 60 days!!
Enjoy that smoothie it sounds awesome :+1:
I’m thinking a little peanut butter would go great in it too :thinking:
Have a great hangover free FAFAF weekend.
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

@mischa84 So grateful to hear that Dennis is feeling better. I wouldn’t have been so easy going if I had brought home NA beer by accident when I was drinking. That is a good sign that he can see how drinking and using affects him and he is better off without it.
@Pandita Oh love I’m so sorry that you have been in such a depressive state. Don’t ever apologize - this thread is for our healing so if you need to do a gratitude dump and then that’s what is needed till you feel better. I do hope you had a lovely day thus far.
@erntedank Grateful for the glasses and no more headaches. WOW- I wonder what got into your ex. Glad he helped out and grateful that you did not have to interact while he was at the Farm.
@Dilettante Way to go Kiki - 60 days in the bag. :muscle: I am so sorry for your POTS episode - grateful that you are feeling better today and enjoyed that smoothie :yum:

I love this so much Julia – Hope your Saturday is going amazingly well.

8 Likes

Grateful to be back. Three hours sober. :sob:

11 Likes

Welcome back Sarah – one minute at a time for now – you are stronger than this addiction and we got your back here. Keep strong :muscle:

8 Likes