Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

I am grateful for talking to my sister this morning. Her husband got admitted in the hospital yesterday, I am grateful he finally took his health serious and is in good care now.
Grateful for my cute little nephew who wants to marry me.
Grateful for feeling a bit better after good quality sleep.
I am grateful to be able to help my elderly parents.
I am grateful for my new bedding, beautiful luxurious new sheets at a huge discount. When I’m back at my normal energy level I will paint the walls too, looking forward to chosing a new color.
I am grateful I didn’t go to Thailand this winter as it would have been difficult to stay sober in that environment. I am grateful I am sober and I don’t have any cravings.

13 Likes

Grateful to be awake in front of my fire and with the dogs.
Grateful that my card and book have led me to “perfection” steps in my life.
Grateful to sense the cold, and get the energy to go find it!
Grateful that today I will choose to work on PFLAG. I haven’t now in three months. It’s time to pull back my life, even if difficult.
Grateful for my daughter’s “yelling” cat. I have rarely allowed an indoor cat…I will choose for that one to be in a better space. She is suffering. ***The dogs are not OK with her. I have to be careful and believe I am there now.
Grateful to eat a cabbage roll at breakfast. I mean why not? Add sardines and hope for positive protein.
Grateful to put coconut oil on my hair today. This will be the 1st time to go after my hair since the hospital. It’s stuck to my scalp. Not the best deal and looking to get a cut if I choose not to become better.
Grateful for -14 standing temp, with 30 below…Not really but what can I do about it. Soooooo cold…

14 Likes

I’m grateful the first half of my trip went well. That was the work part. I’m grateful I get to spend the 2nd half with family. Seeing my sister and niece when I arrived brought me so much joy. Grateful my daughter is having a good time even though I was buried in a work project.

I’m grateful for the accommodations at both places. Fancy hotel for work and now in a 2 bedroom waterfront suite. I’m grateful I get to do these things sober, making new memories with family. I’m grateful for my family.

I’m grateful for the way I handled being accused of drinking or being high. Grateful the only high I get these days is from life.

I’m grateful for the beautiful sunrise I get to experience this morning over the water. I’m like an anxious child on xmas, up too early just waiting.

I’m grateful for sunshine and warm weather. I’m grateful the fresh snow at home will not impact our travel tomorrow morning.

I’m grateful for all of you helping to keep me sober today.

14 Likes

It’s a cold morning in … January! And I’m grateful to be sober.

I’m grateful for this thread and the inspiration I read here.

I’m grateful to have come through another spin around the sun and the chance to celebrate my 59th birthday this week. I told my students I wrote a poem, “I’m 59 and I feel fine!”

I’m grateful that my husband is working thru the grief of losing his mother the week before in reasonable ways. He’s not drinking and last night he expressed that he’s really glad he’s not drinking or this would be much more difficult.

I’m grateful I made it to swim in the pool a few days this week. Exercise is such a good routine for my mental health.

I’m grateful for a job I mostly love. I get to start teaching two brand new and different reading classes in second semester and I’m excited to get them off the ground. This first semester has had some frustrations that will be alleviated with this change in my schedule.

I’m grateful for my loving and supportive and sober siblings. They are really stepping up to be kind when our mother is showing signs of aging in her unfiltered and rude comments. Hmmmm, something to see and prepare for in each interaction.

I’m grateful for a safe and loving home. I’m so grateful we figured out we needed to stop drinking and keep learning and recovering from all that came before. It’s an amazing gift and I am grateful for it every day.

I’m grateful for this weekend at home. I have some good tasks/projects to do this weekend and I get to do them sober!

I wish you all peace!

13 Likes

Im grateful for my beating heart
Im grateful for my emotions, even though I do not like these particular feelings
Im so grateful to be home & so grateful my husband did that for me.
Im so grateful for thr time with my nephew, my love for him is so big & i know thats why it hurts so much also.

Xo everyone. Keep plugging away my friends. Xo.

14 Likes

Good morning my sober gratidudes.

Im so very greatful for…

A weekend to rest and get shit done
My sobriety, without it i wouldnt be where im at today thriving, not just surviving
Bocoe cuddles
Hubby cuddles
Met my weightloss goal, a year in the making, but they can have me reweigh anytime for the next 7 days…so the steak dinner will have to wait
Signed up for a 5k…havent done one in many years…im intimidated but it will give me another goal to focus on
Hubby and i are doing the 5k together
Luxury of therapy
Comedy show date night tmrw
Sober friends
This amazing forum and community. I know for a fact i wouldnt be where i am today without all you lovely people
Progress rather than perfection

15 Likes

Good morning everyone!
Thought id post some gratitude on this thread!
Today i am grateful for:

• Being able to walk. Yes, I have a slight limp due to my knee pain but Im grateful its not worse
  • Having a job to go to today
  • My determination for a better life
  • My husband and son
  • My familys health
  • My recovery (thats an obvious one)
  • All of you here on TS. I never ever feel alone when I participate on this forum

Hope everyones Saturday is beyond fantastic!!!

19 Likes

Early evening gratitude. I’m not able to catch up on the thread and I’m grateful that’s ok :pray:
Today I’m grateful for sleeping in and sleeping on after a short trip to feed the cats. Cat on me = falling asleep instantly :orange_heart:
I’m grateful I nonetheless got fresh veggies, I was the last customer before the local farmer closed for the weekend :pray: Lucky me!

I’m grateful I stocked up on canned food like beans, lentils and corn, I used up most of it. I’m grateful my favourite juice brand was on sale today. I don’t drink a lot of juice and this multipack will last for long. I’m grateful I proceed in emptying the freezer. Yummi fish is waiting for dinner.

I’m grateful I got to get the car washed today. Boy was that needed.

I’m grateful for understanding friends who don’t mind that I needed some quiet time today. We will talk another day :pray:

I’m grateful I did the bare minimum today, not even vacuumed. I’m grateful I take time to rest and recover from yesterday’s absurdity. I’m grateful it’s out of my control and I don’t try to change the situation. Instead I work on acceptance and allow my grim sense of humor to be a bit bitchy and sarcastic. I’m grateful there’s power in surrendering as I can do shit about nothing. Time to focus on other things :blush: I’m grateful this perspective lightens my heart and I feel good energy coming again to make plans for this year. I’m grateful I heartfeltly don’t give a fuck anymore.
I’m grateful it will be an early night today. I love winter mornings and tomorrow a nice one is forecasted. ODAAT

15 Likes

I am grateful that I don’t have plans today, I needed a good sleep in. I am grateful for warm blankets on cold mornings. Truly grateful for you lovely fellow grateful people.

13 Likes

Ugh – sorry Lisa – glad you handled it well. I am grateful that you are living so high on life. :heart:
@Lab Happy birthday friend :birthday: Hope you enjoyed your celebrations :partying_face:
happy-birthday
@cjp a 5k? that is awesome CJ – so glad to see that your hubby will be joining you in this. I’m sure you will kick this challenge’s ass too :muscle:

Saturday morning gratitude’s
I am so grateful that I got my ultrasound done with this morning. SO damn grateful to confirm that the pain I’m feeling is real (the cyst has been growing). Grateful that I had scheduled the surgery last month for end of Feb so that I will not have to wait for next opening.
I am so grateful that I took some piping hot coffee to my appointment so that I could enjoy a lovely sip of heaven when I completed the ultrasound.
I am so grateful that my appointment went quickly and I was able to run an errand for my parents this morning
I am so grateful that I am at the restaurant catching up on TS while waiting for my mom to finish up for the day… I am making sure she does not stay here all day today. My sister is coming to visit so I would like my mom to be at home able to enjoy some quality time.
I am so grateful that my lovely mom brought some soaked seeds and blueberries for me to eat. Grateful that I was not expecting to stay this long so it was nice to have something healthy to munch on.
I am so grateful for slowly losing my attachments to materialistic things.
I am so grateful that I am ok not having found a tenant yet. Grateful that I don’t have to worry about shoveling the walk / drive way for next week. We are supposed to get 40 degree weather! Insanity – we will see people in shorts and tank tops :laughing:
I am so grateful for my beautiful loving family. Grateful for their support and their unconditional love. Grateful to not take them for granted.
I am so grateful for my love of healthy eating. Grateful that I have access to such amazing types of food. Grateful that I do enjoy cooking and baking. Grateful that I am finding some very impressive sugar free recipes and looking forward to trying them out.
I am so grateful for space heaters. SO crazy how even with them my room stays on the cooler side. Grateful that I have plenty of warm clothes and blankets to keep me feel toasty.
I am so grateful for the fun I am having with my mom today. She is learning the art of sarcasm and it is absolutely hilarious. I am doing my best to crack jokes and keep her laughing – which in turn has me in stiches too. SO very grateful for laughter.
I am so grateful for my HP. Grateful that even when I feel defeated I know deep down that I will get through this. I am grateful that I realize that one year is not all that long for the healing process. I have spent decades in messing up my body and it will take its time to undo all the damage.
I am so grateful for you all – grateful for a community that is so supportive and active. Grateful that to have this lovely place to turn to for comfort and support and yeah some laughter too :hugs:

I am feeling so full with gratefulness today — love those days when it just flows out of you.
Have yourselves a marvelous day my sober friends. Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

13 Likes

What a day that was. I am truly greatful that at some point through the day this hormonal fog started lifting. My brain started working again, the nausea subsided. I even managed to do a short yoga class. Good thing shitty health stuff is impermanent :wink: Feels like being reborn.

As always I am grateful for yoga, for my lovely, crazy family, for TV to get your mind of stuff. And for this wonderful place here.

12 Likes

Grateful to be able to shovel my driveway in slides and a sweater.

11 Likes

I’m glad to hear you have surgery booked in :heart: sorry to hear you are in pain @JazzyS . I hope surgery will bring you some relief :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Thanks Kiki grateful that I kept the surgery date.

Hope you are doing well :people_hugging:

5 Likes

Heartfelty dont give a fuck anymore. Fuck i felt that with my whole chest. Xo.

4 Likes

I’m grateful to have free access to the annual 30 Days of Yoga, which I have done every day so far.

Grateful for my dog even though he tries to bite the vet and has terrible smelling farts.

Grateful for tea and hop water and topo chico.

11 Likes

Morning gratitude.
I’m grateful for a good night with restful sleep. I’m grateful I was able to detach and shoo away a horrible nightmare before waking up.
I’m grateful I already did laundry allthough I went back to bed afterwards to cuddle with the cats :orange_heart: Cats and laundry, cats and bedding, I’m grateful for this lovely, innocent fun.
I’m grateful for texts and compassion from friends. I’m grateful I feel relieved and still don’t give a fuck. I’m grateful the heavyness and burden fell from my shoulders somehow after this circus in court on friday. Easyness & fuck it in it’s glorious splendor on a beautiful sunday. Yesterday it was +8 degrees celsius during the day, now it’s -8. This weather is ridiculous. I’m grateful for crisp sunny winter days!
I’m grateful for a full fridge and looking forward to breakfast, lunch and dinner. I’m grateful I enjoy my sunday :pray: ODAAT

13 Likes

Sunday morning. I woke up at 8, although my alarm was set at 9.30. Grateful for some extra time to read here and have my coffee in bed (with the heated blanket on).
Grateful to meet a friend at the park for a walk. I’m still sniffy and low in energy but it’s good to get some fresh air.
Grateful for finally knowing what colors to paint the home, I have postponing it for over a year. Will go to the store next week for a warm terracotta paint for the bedroom and sand for the kitchen. Also will install the spotrail in the kitchen that’s lying in the closet for over a year. I am grateful for my apartment, it’s not too big or small and it has a lot of windows (light!).
Grateful I didn’t get sick with the cold or the flu, hopefully it will stay that way. Grateful for good sleep, it makes all the difference.
Wishing you all a beautiful Sunday :raised_hands:

14 Likes

Happy birthday Eric :birthday::tada:

Hoping you are having a wonderful time in Cali celebrating your special day with Gus

8 Likes

Happy Sunday, fellow gratitudees! I am grateful for rainy days, we do not have them nearly enough here. I am grateful for Sunday morning coffee and my online SMART meeting. I am grateful that my 20 and 17 year old kids actually agreed to go to the movies with Mom and Dad today, it’s such a rare occurrence these days. Just grateful for their love in general. ODAAT

15 Likes