Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

Evening gratitude.
Thank you all for your encouragement and kind words :pray::people_hugging:

Iā€™m grateful the day is over and I had some good hours knitting and listening to an audiobook (still not really keen on audiobooks but will continue to try various books).

Iā€™m grateful I stopped the full blown pity-party I found myself in, sobbing in codependent agony. Iā€™m grateful for my temper, sometimes it needs a kick up the ass as the proper form of kindness and caring for me.
Iā€™m grateful I forced myself to make something of the fruit mush I put out of the freezer yesterday. Itā€™s cooling down now. And it tasted good on a banana.
Iā€™m grateful I can see space, empty blanks where Iā€™ve been decluttering in babysteps for the last weeks, one item here, two items there. Iā€™m grateful that doing little babysteps add up over time :pray:

Iā€™m grateful I forced heavy grooming on the old boy today. His fur is knotty and twisted in some spots because he hasnā€™t been cooperative for weeks. I donā€™t give a fuck on his scolding. Itā€™s my resposibility that his fur is in a healthy shape.

Iā€™m grateful I had a good time fumbling with the seedlings today. It triggered my anxiety and helplessnes, Iā€™m bad in waiting for an unpredictable outcome that will turn my life in one direction or another. Maybe Iā€™m only stuck in my head from too much sorting my thoughts this week and make mountains out of molehills. Iā€™m good in making moutains out of molehills. I miss my emotional support poster.

Iā€™m grateful I took a high dose of my sleeping meds, I need 8 h of sleep tonight. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m off to bed. ODAAT :pray:

11 Likes

Itā€™s been quite a day and Iā€™m very tired, so just five quick things.
Iā€™m grateful for my family.
Iā€™m grateful for the sun.
Iā€™m grateful for the walk we took today.
Iā€™m grateful for the nice evening spent with my kid.
Iā€™m grateful for feeling tired and going to bed in a few.
Good night everyone :sleeping:

13 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for ā€¦
2days 21hours until takeoff
Morning cuddles with Boscoe. Yeah i sniffed him like ppl sniff newborns lol love the lil guy
A wonderful time with the family last night
My folks, my family
My sobriety and the 12 step promises coming true
Hubbys sobriety
Our agreement of no booze or weed on our vacation
Chiefs are in it baby! Im not concerned about watching the superbowlā€¦may watch it from coasta rica
The beautiful sunrise
Clean water
Good food
Hubbys cooking me a steak dinner tonight as a prize for meeting my weightloss goal, a year in the making
Being in a great mood and not letting my fear of the other foot dropping spoil my happy.
Just for today.
One day at a time
Let go and let god.

Much love soberinos

16 Likes

Good Monday, fellow wanderers! Today I am grateful that we are having a warm spell and it was 70 degrees F here yesterday, and should be another warm one today. We need a few more weeks of winter but a couple days of spring like weather gives my a glimpse of what to look forward to. Iā€™m not much of a football girl, but Iā€™m grateful that the team that all of the men in my family love won yesterday and are headed to the superbowl. It tickles me to see them so tickled. I am grateful for Lindt chocolates. I know that these sugar craving are part of being AF, and I need to curb them soon, but man these Lindts have been simply delightful. ODAAT everyone, hope we all have a great week. Xo

14 Likes

Iā€™m grateful itā€™s been a month and a half since I gave up caffeine. I donā€™t usually pay attention to my counters (partially because a while back my phone died and took my counters with it, and also at a certain point it just stopped mattering to me because as long as I am clean waking up and clean going to bed, as long as in this moment that is where I am, then that is what matters), but it is still quite relevant to me as I feel very low on energy right now and I know that a quick burst of energy would be easy to get.

@Davina_Davis Lindts are truly godā€™s gift to the chocolate world. :joy:

14 Likes

I am grateful to have a change of perspective and that it has brought smiles to my face for the last two days.

10 Likes

Ohā€¦ Iā€™m also really grateful that one of my foster children woke up with crazy funny bed head after having gone to sleep fresh after having a bath last night. The laughter has made today seem easier.

13 Likes

Good morning G-Dudes
Iā€™m grateful I slept in.
Iā€™m grateful I led a kick ass meeting on anger last night.
Iā€™m grateful I have no morning recovery routine now :blush: still :grimacing:
Iā€™m grateful itā€™s kind of hard getting use to that. Iā€™m grateful thatā€™s cool.
Iā€™m grateful I know getting out of my comfort zone is good for my recoveries.
Iā€™m grateful I got a shit ton of recovery the rest of the day.
Iā€™m grateful I screwed around on Twitter to stock up on memes this morning.
Iā€™m grateful for my coffee meme buddy.
Iā€™m grateful for step 4
Iā€™m grateful for my Ember coffee cup and my coffee is still hot 20 minutes later.
Iā€™m grateful for sunny weather.
Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t drink.
Iā€™m grateful for Mother Nature
Iā€™m grateful for my pets.
Iā€™m grateful for my wife
Iā€™m grateful I can still hate the addict.
Iā€™m grateful I can talk about that at therapy today.

Iā€™m grateful I get to want to be so welcoming to new people at my Al-Anon meetings when people show up in tears with their shattered lives. Iā€™m grateful after they hear all this polite gracious serious shit about how recovery works I think they need someone to say THIS SHIT SUCKS! Iā€™m grateful I always get a smile and a welcoming look of agreement.
Iā€™m grateful I think Iā€™m better when I just be myself.
Iā€™m grateful for all you fucking gratidudes.
Iā€™m grateful this gratitude shit doesnā€™t suck :upside_down_face:
Iā€™m grateful it works if you let it.
:pray:t2::heart::coffee:

Iā€™m grateful for Tom Petty :pray:t2: :notes::musical_score::notes::musical_note::heart:
Hey baby
There ainā€™t no easy way out (I wonā€™t back down)
Hey I will stand my ground
And I wonā€™t back down

Well, I know whatā€™s right
I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushinā€™ me around
But Iā€™ll stand my ground
And I wonā€™t back down

17 Likes

I am grateful to know what is important to myself to be the best ME I can be.

Implementing the acts needed to achieve results is the challenge of the day.

Have a great day .

11 Likes

Grateful to see you posting again @tailee17

6 Likes

Grateful for working at home and grateful for being able to switch work days when needed.
Grateful for understanding my physical boundaries better. When I drank I went over my limits and got sick often. Now I am aware that I need to take rest after some stressful or busy (social!) days. I had some anxiety flare ups this weekend, but Iā€™m grateful they were only that, instead of a full blown panic attack.
Grateful my relationship with my parents improved. They wonā€™t be around forever, time is limited so we make it count.
Grateful for getting back to the regular morning walk with my friend, glad she is back after months abroad.

I am really grateful for being sober and not having big cravings. I expected to have them around this two month mark, but I feel really good sober actually. I think what also helps is that I have a pretty busy life atm with work and family. After a busy day I just want to sleep! I donā€™t have the energy to drink and be crazy :thinking:

I love to read all of your gratitudes!

@anon68572606 Itā€™s mostly the small things in life that make me smile. For example, I just had diner and my dog came to sit next to me on the couch. Acting like he had nothing in mind and was just casually looking around, just chillinā€™ ya knowā€¦ But then VERY casually sniffing my mouth while looking around. Itā€™s just stupid and small, but stuff like that makes me smile alot.

14 Likes

Did you have your surgery today Jasmine?

4 Likes

Ah pre-op appointment I read in the check-in thread. I hope the operation will make things better for you! :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Iā€™m sincerely grateful for you being here @Naomi and that we can support one another in our times of need.

I am glad that I have learned to communicate with words rather than addictive behaviours.

Thanks for being there for me Naomi.

7 Likes

I remember lurking on the forum years ago, I felt so overwhelmed. I never expected to be accepted or make connections here. I couldnā€™t be more wrong!
Thank you for being part of that, James :blush:

8 Likes

You got it. Glad that I could play a role in this.

4 Likes

Good morning.

I am grateful for my heart and the connection I feel to source. I am grateful that I havent questioned my quiet pull for sometime now. It feels good to have let go.

I am starting a new meeting of Narcotics Anonymous is our area. I am grateful that Narcotics Anonymous is a addict run program, and that without each other we would fall apart. That gives each of us a chance to spread our wings if we find the courage. I am grateful for the NA saying, ā€œWelcome Homeā€ and that it was natural for our new Wednesday meeting to be named ā€œWelcome Home Wednesdaysā€. I am grateful for the deep feeling of humility I have felt through this whole process, its an incredible feeling. A feeling of being completely capable enough to do something yet still need opinions and suggestions. Interdependent.

I am grateful for curiosity and the part of me that is asking lots of questions right now. She is opening my world in ways I would have never imagined, and I am so very grateful for that.

My kiddo turned 18 last week and her birthday always makes me reminisce. There were points in her life where I have tried to create a relationship with her out of my expectations. I am still guilty of sometimes mistaking my desires for hers. I am grateful that she is able to clearly communicate with me when I accidently do this, and I am able to own my shit. I just cant imagine not enjoying a sunrise, or spending the day at a lake. I am grateful that I am getting better and I am grateful that I will never stop learning.

:sparkles:

14 Likes

Thanks loveā€¦the operation is 2/22 so still a ways to go. Today was just signing paperwork and getting the legal crap of what may or could go wrong. So helpful lolā€¦ trying not to think on it as it was making me nervous.
Trying to think positive thoughts. Itā€™ll all work out and Iā€™ll be hopefully pain free in my tummy :smiling_face:

9 Likes

My younger sister has endometriosis and also underwent operations. Sheā€™s still on meds but it improved immensely. It was heartbreaking to see her in agony, so Iā€™m thankful they were able to help herā€¦ I can imagine you donā€™t look forward to the operation itself, but hopefully it will free you from the pain! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you. Sobriety journey has been an education experience I never would have imagined. Smoking cessation was toughā€¦ (3 years no smoking) . Drug usage termination was cold turkey as life direction desired warranted change of daily habits. (10 years ago) Alcoholism reared its ugly head in past 5 yearsā€¦ realized an issue not easily rectified. Relationship paid heavily for the sober journey of 5 months. Really sad when I was doing something so positive for myself.

9 Likes