Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

Far too much to catch up.
Today I’m grateful I finally was able to calm down and put myself off the hamsterwheel of brain arguing with emotions while needs were running with scissors and nerves were having a hard time not losing their shit. Cause for this bullshit: the ex. Reason for this bullshit: me still not being through with letting go, focussing on myself and ignoring the rest of the world. Fucking codependent patterns. I’m grateful I can identify my own bullshit and distinguish it from other bullshit. The ex’s behaviour is annoying bullshit. My reaction and attitude are bullshit. No, I’m not grateful for all this bullshit.

I’m grateful for two wonderful days in a workshop for growing and harvesting different vegetable seeds this week.
I’m grateful I woke up well rested this morning.
I’m grateful for quality time with my cats today, we missed our snuggle times as the week was so busy.
I’m grateful for the beautiful weather today, the April-like rainshower in the afternoon gifted us with a marvellous rainbow.
I’m grateful I don’t care that the kitchen is a mess and the house needs vacuuming. Today I rested.
I’m grateful for some nice textchats and that a friend let me vent on the phone when I was upset.
I’m grateful I tried food delivery and can cross out one of 5 sunday options. The pizza was boring.
I’m grateful I still had salad and some other stuff at home to make a nice bowl. I’m grateful for cheese!
I’m grateful for service on the radio in the morning, listening to sunday service became a beloved routine.
I’m grateful I started the heating season and the buffer tanks are hot now. The solar plant doesn’t heat enough for warm water plus heating.
I’m happy and grateful all 3 cats are on and beside me in bed. I feel loved and a little bit ashamed that I still have episodes when I go to the hardware store for milk resp. try to get whatever me social human being needs from my ex :woman_facepalming::roll_eyes: I already did a lot better, his permanent presence here at the farm for two weeks is too much and he won’t listen. Well, I’m grateful today I told him some facts he doesn’t want to hear and asked questions he doesn’t want to think about and communicated how I feel which is saussage (German for he doesn’t care). At least I got all the turmoil off my chest adressed to the right person and he was annoyed and left. So none of us had a nice afternoon which is quite fair in my opinion. Yes I am bitchy today. No ex disturbs my only day off without suffering the consequences. I’m grateful I know this is not helpful and no every day attitude. For today I’m grateful I can be a grumpy, nagging woman demanding respect for her needs and refusing to take bullshit. ODAAT :pray:

14 Likes

Im feeling thankful for the level of peace and safety I have at my home. I get so bored and lonely, and there are some thieves in my neighborhood but not much violence. It’s evident that there could be much worse problems…

I’m thankful for the few sober friends that I do have. They can be a bit boring too but we really help each other out in meaningful ways.

I’m thankful to be going on a date this week for the first time in 6 years. I’m celibate and not gung-hoe about marriage or dating but I don’t usually pass up romance opportunities that seem good and seem to have potential.

15 Likes
  1. I am grateful for the dusting of snow we got. I like winter.
  2. I am grateful my critters. They help with my shitty mood today.
  3. I am grateful for having a fully stocked kitchen and freezers!!
  4. I am grateful my husband has only one wek left on this job site
  5. I am grateful for my sobriety, even tho today was a struggle.
15 Likes

I’m grateful for mindfulness.
I’m grateful for out of the blue urges to drink today which have reminded to me stay vigilant.
I’m grateful that recovery is not a quick fix, easy ride.
I’m grateful that walking this road is making me more present and aware every day; whether that day is good, bad, or just a day, I show up and am really there for it.
I’m grateful that you are all here with me.
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

15 Likes

grateful you got through the hardships of yesterday sober- you are amazing!

6 Likes

Grateful that your dad did not have a stroke and his tests are normal :pray:

5 Likes

I’m grateful we don’t have to catch up on this thread. :relieved:

It was a week. The kind that had me saying “ah, this was why I drank…”. I’m grateful I’ve put too much work into my recovery to know that isn’t the answer. Grateful I don’t drink away my weekends either, @Sabrina80, or any day. (Grateful I’m learning to be grateful for the assholes out there, just doing the best they know how, giving me cause to practice compassion and boundaries.) Grateful for self-compassion too.

I’m grateful for the dharma meeting tonight. The wise friend that shared that hit home. Just because life is hard doesn’t mean recovery isn’t going well. No, in fact, turning towards pain and hard stuff, being curious about it, where it comes from - being willing to meet it. This is recovering.

I’m so grateful for all of you, for this place. For these dear souls scattered across the globe all companioning each other on this journey.

I’m grateful for the good dog girl. She’s old and docile, but suddenly lost her shit on an inflatable hallowe’en lawn cat. Barked and growled and let it know just who the fuck is boss. She stopped traffic! Brought us all a lotta joy.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

14 Likes

I’m so grateful you didn’t. I’m grateful I didn’t! I’m grateful we have a place to come when the world overwhelms us.
Hugs and strength to you. Thank you for being here - sharing your strength in turn with us.
One Fucking Minute at a time, sometimes. :relieved: :orange_heart:

11 Likes

Awww, Billy, you are a wise soul :hugs:
Self acceptance. Indeed something that needs more work.

After a short night with good sleep this was the thing I read first in the morning. Pure gold :pray:
I’ll do some breath meditations about it this week, that’s a good start!

I’m grateful I feel calm, kind and awake again today :pray: Starting a new week with a peaceful mindset and a smile on the face is beautiful :sunflower::four_leaf_clover:

Em, I steal this gem and put it on my meditation list to work on. I’m grateful with a night of good sleep and distance I see clearly where yesterday’s emotional upset came from. There’s some reparenting necessary to reconcile the adult bitch with the lonely little girl needing to be heard and loved.
First things first. Morning routines are calling & miowing. I’m grateful I’m fit enough to meet life’s demands most of the time. That’s a big improvement I want to be more grateful for :pray: I’ve worked long and hard to be there.
I’m grateful waking up sober never gets old :blush: ODAAT!

9 Likes

I’m grateful for a beautiful Sunday, family fun day, mostly centered around Halloween.

I’m grateful I finally had the time to take my baby girl to get her a peperoni pizza costume, pumpkin, a haircut and fall jacket. I’m grateful there was a chocolate factory next to the hair salon. I’m grateful they had chocolate, caramel and nut covered apples. My baby was super disappointed the pumpkin farm was sold out, but grateful to have stumbled across this yummy place we never knew existed. Very expensive so won’t be going back again until next Halloween if needed.

I’m grateful I took my daughter to a park high up on a mountain that overlooks the valley. I’m grateful we can get there by car because she can’t hike. I’m grateful we sat, talking and took in all the beauty of the fall colors. I’m grateful we took a few minutes to meditate. She’s not very good at it but that’s certainly a great place to practice, especially this time of year.

I’m grateful we met up with Dad and had a nice dinner out at a steakhouse. They were very busy, so we chose to sit at the bar. Grateful the sight of bottles and bottles of alcohol no longer trigger either of us. I doubt the bartender was grateful we were taking up space and not running up a huge bar tab.

I’m grateful we surprised our daughter with a haunted house after dinner. I purchased the tickets early that morning and grateful daddy was able to keep a secret which isn’t easy for him when it comes to something he knows she loves so much. It was the scariest place I’ve ever been. :scream: I was in the front and dad in the back, with our daughter in the middle during phase one. When we entered the second phase, I had to put my daughter in front because I was losing my voice from screaming and my heart was intensely racing. Daddy was laughing hysterically at my reactions. I went to the front again at the third phase because it was completely dark, and you had to feel your way by holding the walls. I walked into 2 walls hard hitting my face, probably because I was in a rush to get out. As you go through, the floor moves in some sections and one of them, I was so scared trying to run but I wasn’t getting anywhere because the floor was moving in the opposite direction. I have never been so scared in all my life. I thought it was never going to end. That 45 minutes felt like eternity. My daughter was scared but not as much as me. I’m grateful she had a blast. It was a pricey day but I’m grateful we’re spending the money on family fun rather than drinking and drugging.

I’m grateful my daughter couldn’t stop talking about what a great day she had and posted about it on facebook. I’m grateful she went to bed exhausted with the biggest smile.

I’m grateful to wake up early this morning without a hangover and ready to face another challenging week ahead at work. Fourth quarter is our busiest time of year and gets extremely stressful. I’m grateful I GET to go to work. I’m grateful for the shower all to myself this morning. My daughter can’t shower by herself and today I decided to let her sleep in and take advantage of some me time. I’m grateful for these rare occasions. I’m grateful I can give myself some slack when it comes to her care. She’s not going anywhere today and one day without a shower isn’t going to hurt, right?

I’m grateful for each and everyone of you who post on this thread. You all inspire me more than you know. I may not post every day, but this is the first thread I read when I come on the forum. Shhh! Don’t tell the other moderators, I come here before going to the staff thread. It’s our little secret. :laughing:

16 Likes

I’m grateful to read your gratitude first this morning Lisa. What a beautiful list and way to start my day. I’m grateful to see the gratitude bursting out of you on a Monday morning.
Have a smooth week my friend.
:pray:t2: :jack_o_lantern: :heart: :ghost:

10 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 540 days free from weed and alcohol
Feeling well rested
Vitamins
Time with hubby even though our communication was way off grrrr
Boscoe love
Clean sheets on the bed
Got my seeds planted in my hydroponic setup my folks got me for my birthday…hopefully lots of herbs in my future
I went out of my comfort zone and went to halloclean this weekend
Weekend naps
Another good weather day before the cold settles in
Hope
A new week full of opportunities

Peace and love my gratidudes

15 Likes

I’m grateful for too much sleep last night.
I’m grateful we don’t have to “visit,” today.
I’m grateful for the Nespresso machine in room and lobby coffee. I’m grateful I remembered the room service coffee here is weak ass shit, and never ordered any.
I’m grateful we had a great visit with my family. But why does even good fun visits have to be so hard. I’m grateful to be blessed to come here and see family and rent a car and stay in nice hotels. But the “extreme visiting,” is so stressful on everyone. Extreme Visiting should be a new grueling sport. See who makes it to the end without a drink. I’m grateful we both won in that. Although the million dollar M&MS in a special jar in the hotel took a beating by my wife. But she hit the pillow sober. I’m grateful the special jar of gummy bears survived.
I’m grateful all in all we made beautiful memories and had a great time.
I’m grateful Norma is the cutest baby ever. Sorry Gus :scream: out of sight out of mind you know.
I’m grateful we get to go home today.
I’m grateful it’s a noon flight.
I’m grateful we can go down and have breakfast first.
I’m grateful yesterday wasn’t a Texas scorcher. I’m grateful we walked our asses off yesterday. Twice.
I’m grateful we even got some football in and a brief nap while Norma took her one and only nap yesterday. I’m grateful we were off and running after, to get in as much extreme visiting as possible before her bedtime.
I’m grateful we didn’t need the diaper bag with all the supplies in it (it’s heavy as fuck by the way) on our second outing and dinner as we, they, forgot it at home.
I’m grateful for TS and this Home Thread and each and every one of y’all.
:pray:t2: :coffee: :jack_o_lantern: :purple_heart: :cowboy_hat_face: :black_heart: :heart:

“Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.”
Lisa Weed

16 Likes

That cat had it coming :laughing: Oh a video would have been priceless. Grateful it brought you all so much joy. So grateful that you found a better way to handle the weeks BS. :hugs:
@lisa07 Oh the day sounds absolutely lovely – grateful you were able to spend with daughter. Oh that haunted house sounds amazing! 45 minutes :astonished: that’s a great scare. What lovely memories made yesterday.
@cjp ooh – so excited about your herbs – looking forward to seeing the pictures as your herb hydropnic garden grows
@dazercat extreme visiting – I love the term and yeah that is what you did this trip. My goodness you packed in a lot of fun! So grateful that you and wifey did it sober and had the energy to run around as you did (my legs are tired thinking about all the excitement). Safe flight home :airplane:

Monday morning gratitude’s
I am so grateful to be awake and alert this morning - took me going back to bed for a bit longer to achieve this - here we are :blush:
I am so grateful to apply first things first today. Have a lot of little tasks to do and will only think of them individually so i don’t overwhelm my senses.
I am so grateful for a lovely lazy Sunday spent watching horror movies with my brother. Realized that i am no longer scared as i used to be - they no longer phase me.
I am so grateful for my comforting coffee. Grateful that it is hitting the right spot and providing oodles of energy through my veins. Grateful that i have some pumpkin pancake batter leftover and that will be my brunch today :yum:
I am so grateful for fall weather. Grateful that i can go out to find the changing colors but have a wall of evergreens in our backyard (sucks in the fall but lovely in the winter and year around privacy).
I am so grateful for light stretching. Grateful that it does alleviate some of the pain. Grateful that my doctors appointment is in a couple of weeks and i will finally get my head scan approved. Will hopefully find the cause for these headaches. :pray:
I am so grateful that i am going to ask to get my testing for Gluten done in November. I don’t believe i have an allergy but want to rule it out. I have been on this GF diet for about 5 months as it does help lower the inflammation (still don’t know what is causing the inflammation) but Thanksgiving is coming up and i usually do a lovely meal for friends and family and i am not thrilled that i won’t be able to enjoy it myself. I can do a cheat day but would want to have the results first to put my mind at ease.
I am so grateful for family and friends. Love the support and compassion and i do love that it is a two way street. I am forever done with one sided relationships. Grateful that i am starting to know my self worth.
I am so grateful for my prayers and meditation. Grateful for the lovely soothing recording i can listen to while sleeping which helps my subconscious stay connected. Grateful for my connections to myself and my HP.
I am so grateful for my beautiful friendships made here on TS. Grateful for all of you being on this lovely lifelong journey with me.
I am so grateful for my lovely friends and their complements helping me out of my self conscious mindset.

Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day - sending you all much love :heart: :heart:

14 Likes

Good morning my beautiful friends! I’m so grateful to see everyone on here succeeding, trying, working hard to build themselves up better than ever before, managing all the messiness of life each day with grace and kindness and so much wonderful effort! I saw a reflection here that I’m grateful for, that helped me see some progress I’ve made managing intrusive thoughts, which is really hard and sometimes progress that comes little by little can be hard to see when you’re down in the muck. I’m also grateful that I woke up in time to shower and get to work because I overslept and it wasn’t at all how I intended to start the week but I guess all’s well that ends well. :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Hey ya’ll :wave::grin:
Today I am Grateful for …

1. My amazing Naturopath! This guy is amazing and he listens to me. He’s got my health on track. I’m telling you guys …Aloe Vera Juice is the shit! :ok_hand:
  2. My cool Hubby who spoils me and also listens to what I say and want. :purple_heart:
  3. My Frickin’ awesome Vehicle that keeps me safe while those around me are driving like IDIOTS!!! :rofl:
  4. Puppy snuggles after a chilly walk ( his farts are another story :weary:)
  5. Not missing drinking. Don’t even think about it anymore. :+1:
    Good day to you all out there :smiling_face:
14 Likes

Today I’m very grateful for this:

It feels quite significant somehow, like I’ve reached a vantage point on a mountain and can stop a moment to admire the view.
I know I’ve still got a mountain to climb, but I feel like I’m getting a little more footsure as I go, and have found some extra equipment to help me with the climb.
I’m so grateful to be sober.
I’m so grateful to all of you.
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

17 Likes

I’m grateful for your 90 days.
This is…………
:pray:t2::boom::heart:

7 Likes

What a beautiful perspective @Dilettante congrats on 90 days!!

5 Likes

Feeling off today :frowning:

Still greatful for our sobriety

14 Likes