Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

I’m grateful for the working week being done.
I’m grateful I could pick up some extra work this week with only one day off needed to rest midweek.
I’m grateful I can rest this weekend.
I’m grateful we are managing to live on less for now and have enough for bills and essentials.
I’m grateful to (hopefully) be over the side effects of my medication change, still rocking the nightsweats though, joy of joys :hot_face::joy:
I’m grateful for cuddles from family and fur babies.
I’m grateful for music and dancing :notes:
I’m grateful for today and for the untold possibilities stored up in all of the days yet to come.
I’m grateful I’ve learnt it takes a community to navigate this journey.
I’m grateful my community is here, with you wonderful soberistas :two_hearts::heartpulse::two_hearts:
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

12 Likes

Tee hee, I am grateful for recovery humor.

I’m grateful to God for guiding me and helping me abstain from my addictions. I’m grateful for my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes.
I’m grateful for the laser pointer l got today, Peace loves it and I love that its wearing him out before bedtime. I’m grateful for my bed, pillow, and safe little apartment. I’m grateful my Aunt and Uncle took my Sister and I out to dinner tonight. I’m grateful my sponsee’s both came to the NA meeting tonight. I’m grateful I chaired for the first time in quite a while. I’m grateful I had a long share and it was largely on topic. I’m grateful for the serenity prayer, meditation, the 12 steps and traditions. I’m grateful I start in the sports department tomorrow morning. I’m grateful for the rain.

God bless us all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Don’t forget you’re incredible. Ya you!!

13 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

Time away from work!
Brisk autumn air
My sobriety 538 days free from weed and alcohol. Idk i thought i had more days :woman_shrugging: i’ll get there
One day at a time
Healthy pumpkin overnight oats
I enjoy healthish foods
Fresh water
Vitamins
Therapy
Time with Hubby and Boscoe to look forward to
Boscoe greeted me at the door then went back to sleep
A productive workout
Hope for progress on the scale
Reliable internet
The lovely folks in this community. I have great love for you
Sunshine
Learning to surrender…daily

Much love sober fam. Live today like its your last

14 Likes

I’m grateful to be in Dallas with my family.
I’m grateful for my granddaughter, son, and best DIL ever.
I’m grateful we ditched the kid and the 4 of us had a great dinner out just the adults.
I’m grateful for the brisket queso I had yesterday. Not so grateful we ordered a second one.
I’m grateful I don’t have :croissant: & :coffee: every morning at home.
I’m grateful for my croissant buddy. She still likes them.
I’m grateful I go overboard buying baby clothes.
I’m grateful for this little pumpkin

@JuliaLuna
I’m grateful she’s getting hair :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I’m grateful I might not be getting grandpa selfies with my baby and I’ll just sit back and step 3 it until the time is right.
I’m grateful she’s such a hoot :jack_o_lantern:
I’m grateful I had children when I was young.
I don’t know how y’all do it. I’m grateful I remember you just do :heart:
I’m grateful for baby dancing and baby screaming. The fun giggle screams that is.
I’m grateful the vet sent pics of our children and they are doing good.
I’m grateful for Texas. Without it, I wouldn’t have my family.
I’m grateful for my recoveries.
I’m grateful for our home thread.
:pray:t2: :orange_heart: :coffee: :heart: :croissant: :purple_heart: :jack_o_lantern: :black_heart:

“The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.”
This one might have my name all over it :thinking:
Charles Schwab

16 Likes

Grat-i-tood :grin:

1. I am soooo grateful to have my hubby home and that we are looking for our for our next property. YAY!
  2. I am grateful for fall walks with my critters
  3. I am grateful for clean living and a healthier me, nothing hurts finally!
  4. I am grateful that we were in and out of Costco even when it was busier than you know what :metal:
  5. I am grateful for Turkey Nachos tonight for dinner and that I’m not making them :rofl:
    Life is good :grin:
12 Likes

Good afternoon

I am grateful for early morning wakenings and midday meditations. I am grateful I have been listening to my gutt and reducing my coffee slowly everyday. I am grateful that I can wake up and start working immediately (wtf is that). I do however stop myself sometimes, "slow down… "

I am grateful that creativity inspires creativity, and I am grateful that art cant be wrong. I am grateful that I have learned to let go of control when I am being creative. I am grateful to be a conduit.

I am hitting a pranayama class tonight, it’s been a minute. I am grateful for the opportunity to sink deep within. I am grateful for my breath.

:sparkles::white_heart: :seedling:

12 Likes

@chuckie22 Grateful that Charlie is enjoying the new Therapist. Wishing you luck with your next property hunt :crossed_fingers:

@i.cant.we.can grateful that Brian starts in the sports department tomorrow.

Kicking ass my friend! 538 days aint small potatoes – you are amazing and should be proud. BTW – pumpkin overnight oats – DAMN :yum: sound heavenly.

Ooh – so much fun buying baby clothes – for such cute models :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Grateful for gratitude’s on this lovely Saturday evening…

I am so grateful for my mom time this morning.
I am so grateful for the lovely breakfast my brother made me - potato hash so hearty and just what i needed on a cold rainy day.
I am so grateful that i was able to work today. Grateful that it was a slow day to ease me back into it - was able to sit down when the pain got to be too much. Grateful to see some old customers.
I am so grateful that i was able to go to the library (right next to restaurant) and pick up some horror movies.
I am so grateful for a full day listening to Bob Marley - makes working so much fun and uplifting.
I am so grateful that my aunt and uncle from Iran are still in the area and came to stay with my parents this weekend… got to stop by and say hi after work.
I am so grateful that the foodie thread made me want to try potato leek soup… picked up some ingredients tonight and hope to make my vegan version tomorrow. Looking forward to tasting it :yum:
I am so grateful for great friends on TS - grateful we can bring each other back to sober reality.
I am so grateful to be home in a warm home. Grateful that i don’t have anything major planned for tomorrow. I am so grateful that i will attempt to sleep in tomorrow. I feel very tired tonight but in a good way.
I am so grateful that i have been able to do walking meditations / prayers. Was useful to help me today.
I am so grateful for all you wonderful souls! Grateful for your stories and you sharing your journey.
Sending much love to you all :heart: :heart:

13 Likes

I’m grateful for another sober day.
I’m grateful for a long autumnal walk.
I’m grateful doggo has learnt not to pull on the lead every time he sees a squirrel, there were so many about collecting food today :chipmunk:
I’m grateful for a girlie night with my girlie, I took her to the hairdressers, we did face masks and ordered her a Halloween outfit.
I’m grateful for a phonecall with my oldest friend today. We are planning a trip next Easter as we both turn 40 next year, it was fun to make plans and catch up on news.
I’m grateful @I.cant.We.can got a laser pointer for his cat. I can imagine how much fun Peace is having with it, my cats love ours!
I’m grateful @Dazercat is enjoying family time, such a cute little pumpkin :jack_o_lantern:
I’m grateful @JazzyS has some new horror movies to watch👻
I’m grateful for everyone here sharing all their gratitudes.
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

13 Likes

Tonight I’m grateful for ~

1. Sharing at the early meeting this morning
  2. Meeting with my sober coach
  3. My lovely horse
  4. Beautiful, sunny, warm days
  5. Going to bed sober
15 Likes

Today im greatful for progress. Today im greatful for others sobriety. Today im greatful for community. I always thought i was a loner but that was me protecting my heart because i rarely felt a part of. Today im greatful to be a recovering addict and alcoholic. Today im greatful we played fetch with Boscoe. Today im greatful i got out of my comfort zone. Today im greatful to feel safe and cozy

17 Likes

Today I am grateful I was given such a kind sister. Her hugs are awesome.
I’m grateful I reached out to friends to try to make plans. Even though they couldn’t make it this feels like the first time I have instigated plans in my whole sober journey. Usually I wait for someone to reach out to me or live on my couch. Progress! My cocoon is cracking! :bug::butterfly:
I’m grateful for continued sobriety and the work that comes with recovery.

18 Likes

I’m grateful for a hangover free weekend.
I used to get wasted Fridays and Saturdays so that I was halfway through the worst by Monday morning.
Now my apartment is clean, I did the laundry 2x yesterday and one more is following, a fresh baked bread is done and cooling down in the kitchen, I reorganized my wardrobe…so it’s a productive weekend. Now I’m doing nothing :wink: That’s what my Sundays are for.
For all of this I’m grateful.

12 Likes

This is me, I recently discovered that being with others can be pretty nice. And letting them take a step closer to me isn’t the disaster I thought it would be.

10 Likes

Happy Sunday morning from Wisconsin. I live in southern Wisconsin and the color in the trees is just spectacular these days!

I’m grateful for my wonderful little life. I have a warm and loving home with a marriage that keeps gaining love and wit and wisdom. We are both well into our sobriety and recovery and we are seeing the benefits in our relationship every day.

I’m grateful that I have the job that I have at this point in my life. I retired from the very stressful work of being a school principal in 2020 and I can honestly say that leaving that work allowed me to find the space to work on my sobriety and recovery. In the midst of the pandemic I landed work as an English as a Second Language teacher in a middle school. It is very challenging work and I learn new things every week. Most times the kids do too! However, the stress level is tremendously lower than my previous work, and for that I am extremely grateful. I had a close reminder of that this week when one of my students reported some physical abuse in her family. We have a good team of people at our school who took charge of taking action on that and I was able to “stay in my lane” as her teacher. I’ve done that reporting work many many times. It is terribly important and terribly difficult and, for me, it activates a lot of personal trauma. I was upset about this all for her and for me for awhile this week, but in the end, I am grateful that I am not the one in charge of that work anymore. I’m grateful to have this work and be able to focus on the joy of teaching.

I’m grateful to have had a nice visit with my sister on Saturday. She is recovering well from some surgery. She is also in her first weeks of sobriety! She’s very excited about getting well and she asked me lots of questions about how to think about things on this journey. I couldn’t be more pleased that my siblings and I are all working on this and are all getting better. We came through a lot of hard things. We are all committed to getting better. I’m the oldest and I could not be more thrilled with this evolution in our family.

I’m grateful my brother moved out and got into his new apartment yesterday. His divorce is slowly getting underway. His sobriety and recovery is coming along! He has never lived on his own, so this is a big step for him.

I’m grateful that my husband has made the transition from his big summer house painting project into the fall routines of work. We are in a 133 year old home that he is lovingly restoring to its original wood sided and painted original style. He has torn off aluminum siding from 1989 and hand scraped and sanded and painted 3 sides of it this summer. In sobriety he finds that keeping himself busy is rewarding and the results are beautiful.

I’m grateful for this Sunday morning and this community. My sister just downloaded the app yesterday and I know that my brother reads in the community regularly. You are all an amazing support to me and I am grateful to have found you.

Take good care of yourself today. You deserve to be healthy and happy and safe. I wish you all peace.

17 Likes

A fellow Wisconsinite and ESL teacher up here in the northeast! Loved reading your post this morning. Thank you!

9 Likes

I’d like to add some things :smiling_face:
A full belly with delicious food, a warm blanket I’m snuggled up in while watching Star Trek, clean tap water, my apartment, a hot shower, fresh bedsheets and that I am me. I start to like this life :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

I’m grateful I didn’t pick up yesterday. Thanks to you guys. For a moment I lost a sense.
I’m grateful it wasn’t raining today and we managed to go for a walk.
I’m grateful vacations over and I will be able to go for a run or to swimming pool (+sauna :relieved:) again.
I’m grateful my aunt is such a strong woman… She is loving and supporting her kids (both around 40yo so not such a kids anymore) so much and they are such an assholes. They have no idea how they hurt her. I know I did hurt my parents as well but for my defense - I was fckn young and stupid. I’m grateful I’m sober so my aunt can caunt on me.
I’m grateful I didn’t drink yesterday - did I mention it already?
I’m grateful Im almost not eating meat.
Im grateful I’m alive.

14 Likes

I am grateful my dad did not have a stroke. He scared us all on Friday by losing his speech and was taken to ER, but all neurological tests have come back normal.
Grateful he’s speaking normally now.
Grateful for hospitals, doctors, nurses, all the assistant staff, who have all been most professional and are invariably kind to a slightly crotchety old man.
Grateful he’s comfortable though he low-key complains about being here.
Grateful for family, nuclear family setting up ways to keep him company and help my mum as much as we can, other family supporting. My husband is showing us all how much affection he has for my parents. It makes me gratefully teary when I think about it.
Grateful for time chatting with dad. He doesn’t like TV, so there’s not a lot else to do when sitting with him.
Grateful it was the weekend when all this happened, so we have had enough flexibility to do what was needed.
Grateful ? that this stress has made me start a period after 8 months without one. I thought I was done! WTF, body… :roll_eyes:

13 Likes
  1. Space & time.
  2. Having questions as I grow. In finding my strength and power. “Never be so kind you forget to be clever, never be so clever you forget to be kind…Never be so polite you forget your power, never weild such power you forget to be kind”
  3. My beautiful family.
  4. This time away.
  5. Fall colours. Xo.
13 Likes