Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

Today when getting ready for bed, I noticed how nice it was to only smell the minty freshness of the toothpaste and the flowery scent of soap on my hands.

11 Likes

Thank you so very much

4 Likes

It will be one week in about 5 hours yes. Thank you for noticing @JazzyS :heart:

5 Likes

@Lisa07 thank you so very much, I will check out that app! Hopefully my phone has enough room for it as it sounds very useful and I have felt a bit lost when trying to follow along with readings, steps and daily affirmations while in online meetings. I only have access to my phone right now (not my laptop) and I have not figured out quite yet if there is a way to split screen to have zoom and another app open or even zoom and the pdfā€™s I saved open on a phone at the same time. I am feeling better today after 7 days of the flu so if that keeps up I plan for attending an in person meeting tomorrow where I can get some paper based literature for following along (I live in a rural community that does not have meetings and I am still feeling unsure and nervous about attending any of the 2 weekly meetings in the next town over as it also is a small community yet can be very gossipy and judgy and I work in a customer facing public job).

8 Likes

Welcome ForgiveYourself,
So glad youā€™re here.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

Thank you! :heart: I hope itā€™s okay to post short replies like this on here, still not entirely sure about details of the ā€œlocal etiquetteā€. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Happy Friday evening to all my sober people here on TS! Iā€™m practicing my gratitude this evening on my last night of vacation here on Tybee Island.

Iā€™m grateful to be sober and active in my recovery.
Iā€™m grateful we had a nice week of quiet relaxation, good food, some great fishing, and some quality beach time.

Iā€™m grateful we had a nice visit to our vacation by my brother. He came in on a plane on Christmas Day which we also celebrated his 7 months of sobriety and hard work in recovery. Iā€™m grateful for the time we got to spend together and how he interacted with my hubby and the dogs.

Iā€™m grateful that I joined my brother in attending two AA meetings. I have not gone to AA before this week. It was very special to go with him and participate with the kind people there.

Iā€™m grateful to have enjoyed our fun rental house and had good food and good sleep.

Iā€™m grateful for good health. Iā€™m grateful to be getting ready to head home, starting at 4 am. Whew! So Iā€™m off to bed soon so I can get up and head home.

I wish you all peace and a happy sober new year celebration.

13 Likes

Day 359 today! Super thankful my one year mark is just around the corner. I bought myself an early gift to celebrate. I served in the military for 8 years, 5 of them in a unit called RED HORSE. I have been looking for a horseshoe ring to wear for years and finally found this one today so I scooped it up and felt great because itā€™s easy to get this far along and think ā€œIā€™ve done well I deserve a drinkā€¦ā€ I donā€™t deserve a drink but I do deserve a cool ring to remember a great time in my life doing incredible work and something Iā€™ll forever be part of.

17 Likes

Thank you @Dazercat

6 Likes

Weā€™re grateful sober and chill around here.
Itā€™s all good.
:pray:t2::heart:

9 Likes

Iā€™m grateful @Jwfletcher4792 found an awesome ring to celebrate his 1 year soberversary.
Iā€™m grateful to see new faces on here @Forgive_Yourself @Sunshineontheinside @Spidey
Congratulations @Its_me_Stella on 4 amazing years. It is motivating and inspirational to read about people blazing a trail we can all follow, one day at a time!

Iā€™m grateful for a tasty meal out.
Iā€™m grateful my fruit sunrise mocktail came with lots of fancy garnish in a lovely glass, I felt fancy.
Iā€™m grateful I recognise that I think the reason I wanted to drink so badly yesterday was that my friend who stayed is pretty much my only confidante, and I usually spill my guts to her when we drink. I have a lot to unload and I need to find a way to do that. I am waiting on psychotherapy, it canā€™t come soon enough.
Iā€™m grateful for sobriety and starting to understand myself more instead of burying everything.
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

15 Likes

Today i am grateful for the memories we have created during the holidays, grateful for the relationship i have with both my kidsā€¦grateful for my jobā€¦grateful for my sobrierty.

I am back on this appā€¦i have been away for a whileā€¦and i am grateful to be back

:heart: lots of love to all of you

13 Likes

@Forgive_Yourself Welcome to the community. I did love getting my taste buds back. Enjoy the many benefits of recovery.
@LAB Grateful that you had a wonderful vacation. Grateful your brother celebrated 7 months of sobriety! :tada: Safe travels home.
@Jwfletcher4792 So excited for your 1 year coming up Jake! You do deserve a cool ring ā€“ love the one you picked out :heart:
@Dilettante I do love the fancy drinks and i love that we can still have some lovely non alcoholic fancy drinks :yum: Hoping that you and your friend are able to have a open heart to heart conversation. I know it seemed easier to let the words flow when we were drinking but i feel like they have more of an impact when we are sober and clear minded. Here for you if you need to talk :hugs:

9 Likes

I am grateful to be 50 years old and 4 years clean. Its a miracle.
I am grateful for this quote from a book I read because it is everything that I have experienced in this last year.

I am grateful for the love and support on this forum.
I am grateful that we are one.

:sparkles::white_heart::sparkles:

18 Likes

Just had to ā€œlikeā€ this before I even read the excerpt. Will read it in bed.
Huge congrats and happy birthdays to you.
May your 50s be filled with freedom, a wide range to run with the wolves, and an ever-greater wingspan to soar to new heights. :orange_heart:

9 Likes

Happy 50th!!! Thank you for being here.
You are a mighty force. :gift::bouquet::sparkles:

10 Likes

Wow! Thank you for sharing that excerpt, I got goosebumps reading it! :heart:

5 Likes

Iā€™m grateful I woke up to this:

Iā€™m grateful our visitors are going back home today. Iā€™m grateful Dennis finally fall asleep yesterday after long ā€œfightā€. Grandma let him took a nap at 5pm while we were at the supermarket. Not the best idea. Iā€™m so grateful visit is over. It was hell of a ride, it always is when sheā€™s here. This all family is just fucked up.
Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t have to be part of it. Well, at least not forever.
Iā€™m grateful Im not hangovered and I have nothing to do with all this empty bottles in my house.
Iā€™m grateful exactly half year ago I installed this app thinking I will just track my sobriety. Iā€™m grateful I found this forum and started reading, and reading, and readingā€¦ Iā€™m grateful for all the changes I made last 6 months.
Iā€™m grateful for all of you :orange_heart:

21 Likes

I am so grateful that yesterday in the supermarket after I scanned the alcohol bottle through on the self service check out, that I then called the assistant to take it off.
Iā€™m grateful I woke up sober today.
Iā€™m grateful for realising this :

Because my son (21), his my rock :rock: and I know Iā€™m his too.
When I told everyone I was stopping drinking 800+ days ago that same day he gave me all his trust back and really believed me, and believed IN meā€¦il never forget that day. He literally put all his trust back in me without having a doubt I couldnā€™t do it or would let him down.
I canā€™t ever let that go.
The innocence inside him and the person he knows I am that the same day he gave me all his trust back. Thatā€™s huge.

Wow Iā€™m grateful itā€™s a strong reminder why I shouldnā€™t drink.
And a strong reminder of on my Day 1 the first thing I noticed was that trust given back without hesitation or disbelief.
And the reality is it takes months to years to get that kind of trust back from family. And day 1 he gave me every reason to be the woman/mum I am again and gave me his trust. I will not break that loyalty. I will treasure it for what it is.

20 Likes

Youā€™ve got this Twizz. Keep talking it out. šŸ©·

10 Likes