Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

Happy Birthday!

6 Likes

Or they would say: yeah maybe stop or reduce your drinkingā€¦
Like itā€™s no big deal. Just do it. Not asking if you need any help or anything :woman_shrugging:t3:
When somebody I know got diagnosed with cirrhosis I asked if the doctor said anything about how to phase-out: nothing. Just stop drinking. The mans liver is failing for f*cks sake :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Glad to see you holding on to the positives!

8 Likes

I love thinking about future me! I always clean my house before I go on vacation so that future me will be happy when I get back :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing. Grief is a really hard feeling to deal with. Sounds like you are taking good care of your body which is great for your mental health too. Take care.

7 Likes

Super disheartening to hear that. I am sorry that they did not offer more support or possible ways to help his liver get healthier. Hope he is doing better now.

6 Likes

so sorry for your loss! Sending you warm condolences. Please take time to grieve - know we are here for you if you need a shoulder.

5 Likes

Sorry Iā€™m a little late in thanking you. :pray:!

5 Likes

Thanks, Jazzy! Iā€™m grateful for you!

4 Likes

Many thanks!

5 Likes

Aweā€¦right back at you babe :kissing_heart:
Hope you are having a wonderful day :people_hugging:

3 Likes

totally! i am prescribed Bupropion 300 mg for depression and none of my doctors told me that itā€™s unsafe to drink alcohol while taking that drug. even after i told them honestly about my issues with alcohol. i found out from internet searches that itā€™s dangerous to pair the two but just continued drinking bc my doctors never mentioned it being a health risk.

8 Likes

lol yeah some people refer to bars that way I always thought it was funny. This bar was the last place I drank and so I am comfortable enough to go in there and have lunch and not drink. The bartender is 5+ years sober so sheā€™s always really encouraging and she got me the cake :slightly_smiling_face: since she is changing jobs to a new place and wonā€™t be there tomorrow. So we celebrated today.

10 Likes

Iā€™m grateful this week feels like a work ā€œdress rehearsalā€. Iā€™m getting lots of stuff done that doesnā€™t get done when things are full throttle. Iā€™m grateful for this time, to catch up on admin-y stuff, plan ahead, at a pace and cadence that is manageable and healthy.

Iā€™m grateful I did make some resolutions - mostly around time management, not so I can do more, but get more sleep. :sleeping: Oh, and meal plan better. Sure, for health, but I realized I was wasting food last year, being too busy to plan ahead, and I HATE doing that. Itā€™s expensive and irresponsible.
Iā€™m grateful I buy healthy food instead of bottles and bottles of wine. Eff that.

Iā€™m grateful to see so much activity on the thread!
@Pinkeuphoria, congrats on 45 days!
Well done @Hopeful32 and @choosingme on hitting up some meetings. :clap:
364 @Jwfletcher4792 - huge congrats!

And @acromouse, Iā€™m sorry for your loss. Well done on facing your feelings instead of numbing them. :people_hugging:

Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m gonna go get me some of that sleep here soon!

Iā€™m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

13 Likes

69 years old AND 175 days AFAF today!

Iā€™m not missing out on this!

Homer Hugs GIF - Homer Hugs Pile GIFs

Way to go, @Pattycake! :birthday: Happiest of birthdays to you!

Iā€™m super grateful for your presence in this place. :pray: :orange_heart:

11 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for hope, wisdom, courage, commitment, gratitude and mindfulness :pray:

I am grateful that I am caring for myself and my futureā€¦

9 Likes

Aww, thatā€™s sweet! Thank you!

4 Likes

Congratulations on your One Year @Jwfletcher4792

@Pattycake Happy Year to you!

@acromouse Iā€™m so sorry. So hard. Thinking about you during this sad time.

Best wishes for 2024 to everyone one day at a time.

9 Likes

I am grateful today for:

• cleaning the house is so much more fun listening to waltz
  • a good few belly laughs with my coworkers
  • my positiv outlook on 2024
  • the people in my life
  • no hangovers and feeling shame and guilt due to the night before
  • the strong coffee with my breakfast
  • happy birthdays @Pattycake
  • balance
15 Likes

I am grateful for being 1 day sober again and my anxiety easing a little and I am grateful for the support from here. Iā€™m looking forward to getting back to my hobbies again

15 Likes