Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

Thanks so much :sunflower:

3 Likes

Gotta look a bit deeper for gratitude this morning… feel a bit glum. So here it goes.
Grateful for today. Its a new day, its a new dawn, everything is possible still.
Grateful someone is taking care of my leaky bathtub.
Grateful I am reconnecting with some co-workers. Something was off the past few weeks, due to overstepped boundaries.
Grateful I am still learning and getting a clearer picture of where I want to be the next…years, I guess. Also that’s what I am struggling with at the moment. But I am taking it, as it is. Work in progress.
Grateful for milestones reached @PinkyP and @tifflynn07 .
Grateful for bananas and oatmeal. Simple as that. Love the creamy texture. Makes me happy for the day. :orange_heart:

21 Likes

I’m grateful I remembered that I’m supposed to make something for a gathering this weekend. I totally spced it and so I’m grateful I won’t be scrambling at the last minute. Maybe I’ll bake some bread or something… :thinking:

14 Likes

Grateful for sunny autumn days
Grateful for chilly mornings and warm days
Grateful for an extra half hour sleep this morning before work
Grateful for a day off tomorrow before my nightshift

14 Likes

Thanks Naomi. I work on all kinds of games. I have about a bazillion ideas somewhere in the back drawer of my mind :wink:. I‘m not much into games with a lot of action cause I usually am really bad at those and find it difficult to judge the right level of challenge for most people. But I like developing basically every kind of game. Right now I am in a learning by doing phase. I remake well known classics, like pong, super mario, etc. to learn more about design choices and development process.

7 Likes

Time flies, it’s already thursday.
Today I’m grateful for the mid morning pause I take now. I’m grateful the wood fired stove makes the room cozy and warm, my soul needs every bit of kindness and care today. It’s the 12th anniversary of buying the farm. Heartbreak and shattered dreams of a good life are present today. I’m grateful I sat with the feelings in the morning, enjoyed the beautiful sunrise and the chill air, cried and proceeded with everyday chores and duties after a while. I’m grateful routines give me stability.

I’m grateful for therapy. I’m grateful for counselling. I’m grateful that I move on in life allthough I not always recognize it. I’m grateful for feedback and help. I’m grateful for options. I’m grateful not to decide (yet) is a valid option. I’m grateful being me means a lot of thinking until I start doing. I’m grateful it’s ok to do so. I’m also grateful that I get better in just doing without thinking much in advance. I’m grateful learning to find a balance is a work in progress.

I’m grateful for fumbling seeds and seedlings. I’m grateful for good reads. I’m grateful for a full fridge. I’m grateful I have a day at home today. I’m grateful I get better at dealing with busy weeks. I’m grateful for babysteps as they add up :pray:

I’m grateful for my cats, friends, car, tea, comfy shoes, toilet paper, kitchen towels, fresh water from the tap, freedom, modern amenities, letting go, finding serenity, naps, hot showers, fresh laundry, smiles and the pictures on the living room walls. I’m grateful I live my best life under the circumstances given. I’m grateful I abstain from complaining, I’m just grateful from the bottom of my heart for what I have :pray: ODAAT

Edit to add: I’m grateful for this thread

12 Likes

Despite the ramifications of leaving the cult, I agree that us and our children are better off for it. I don’t regret, and am grateful for deciding to walk my own path, even through addiction to where I am today.

I’m grateful for your borg update. Talking to shunned, women wearing pants, men with no jackets or ties, and beards are in too! No matter how you polish a shit, it’s still a shit.

I’m grateful that your son will grow up free and loved with reality in check. I’m grateful we’ve connected over your story. I’m grateful you continue to fight for your beliefs and values. You get me, I get you and we’ve got this!:pray::muscle:

14 Likes

Morning sober tribe,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety!
690 days free from weed and alcohol
233 days free from nicotine

People connecting and finding community here
Celebration of milestones giving hope to others
Hot coffee
Made it to thursday
Spoke up for myself
Progress not perfection
My sponsor’s homework to identify what balance is to me in work, life, and aa
Love and joy
Hubby stepping up and creating solutions with his dead car
My folks, gotta love em, theyre hilarious
I get to work from home tomorrow, a lil work life balance
Patience with myself and others
Midday meditation yesterday
Love
My brainpower
Mental clarity, at times
Feeling that peace and connecting with the energy of the universe

18 Likes

Grateful I didn’t miss Pinky’s 2 year anniversary. By much :shushing_face:

Congratulations on you 2 years of Sober Time with us Pinky. What a beautiful thing.

IMG_9727
More Cake!
:pray:t2::heart:

10 Likes

I am grateful for my alcoholic husband. We lost our sweet cat yesterday and we need each other to lean on. I love him and hate the disease. :heart:
I am grateful to have had BB for 9 1/2 years.
There are lots of things I am grateful for, it’s just really hard to think of them right now.

16 Likes

@Twizzlers Happy 39th birthday :birthday::birthday:

Hope you are having a wonderful day :heart::hugs::relieved:

6 Likes

Hiya @JazzyS

I have just got back from the shops to cook some nice food for this evening :sparkles: I am grateful to the little things still which for me is gold. Everything is harder without gratefullness. Glad I hadn’t got to deep in.
Today I am celebrating my Day2 :blush:
And being a year older just makes me realise that I’m too old to be messing up!
Have a lovely day :sunflower:
Going to get on with my bits then il be back later on here to do lots of reading :people_hugging:

12 Likes

Yeah day 2 and a new positive attitude :people_hugging:… Go on and have a wonderful day love
Love ya :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

Bread is good especially homemade.

Have a great sober day.

7 Likes

So sorry for your loss. Pets are family. I will not say I know how you feel. We have lost many senior pets. I had a Siamese cat for 21 years. May you find comfort in great memories.

9 Likes

Grateful I’m sober and can be honest with myself. Grateful I continue to work on my defects daily and be a better human. Grateful for the advice from others. Grateful to be alive! :v:

17 Likes

Thanks so much for your kind words

6 Likes

I’m grateful spring is really starting to show in the weather and that soon plants will be in full bloom.

@Twizzlers happy birthday!
@Jeannie0915 I’m sorry about your loss and I hope you will be able to find some comfort during this sad time.

15 Likes

Happy Birthday and day 2 Twizzle
IMG_9848
So wonderful to see/read you my friend :people_hugging:
:pray::heart:

10 Likes

I did some exhausting things twice today - lifting heavy planter pots and holding strong yoga poses - and every time I got a kind of anxiety thing going after that. I am grateful I knew it was nothing threatening and that it passed. I blame hormones.
I am grateful I had the time and energy and good weather to do some gardening on my balcony, preparing for new seeds this spring.
I am grateful for the nice long phone chat I had with a friend.
I am grateful for a great tarot card reading I did for my spring equinox celebration. I love tarot cards, they always help me sort out difficult stuff in my life through imagery and symbolism. I am grateful I discovered tarot a few years ago and have this tool to access the non-linear-logical parts of myself.
I am grateful for a good yoga practice, great food, keeping my peace.
I am grateful I kept working my recovery program today.
I am grateful I have a nice chill evening to look forward to.
Sleep tight friends :night_with_stars:

16 Likes