Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

I am grateful for my sobriety :bouquet:
I am grateful for my amazing boyfriend, we are moving in together in July and I cant wait :heart::house_with_garden:
I am grateful for my familly :family_man_woman_girl_boy:
I am grateful for the beautiful weather :sunny::sun_with_face:
I am grateful for feeling alive and happy :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

I am grateful for today… God is really working on my relationship with spouse. Not always pleasant but lesson to be learned. My sobriety of 33 days. Grateful for sunshine and a new week to achieve the ability to be the best person I can be.

18 Likes

Lotsa milestones on here to celebrate! I’m grateful to read them all, to read all of it - the highs, the lows, the losses, and joys - early morning easter bunny wake up calls included! I’m grateful for this thread and the ocean of gratitude here, every drop of it. :pray:

I’m grateful for time off work.
I’m grateful for a full Friday with a dear pal. For getting after things yesterday/Saturday in a fun way - tunes, chores, sunshine and windows open. A good long phone catch-up with a pal afar. There was badly-needed snow last week (too dry here!), and then warm temperatures and blue sky yesterday. Beautiful walks with the dog girl.
I’m grateful I chose to spend the day quietly today. I needed it. Cooked. Napped.
Walked. Grateful I’m more aware of my needs and that it is not selfish to listen to and honor them.
I’m grateful tomorrow I can ease back to my desk. I also have to work on tackling just a thing at a time! Grateful I can rethink things. I’m not too old a dog for new tricks :sweat_smile:.

I’m grateful for the lilies and tulips that made my little home smell so good.
I’m grateful for all of you.
I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

16 Likes

Celiac over here (coming up on 25 years), and this made me laugh out loud LOUDLY! :joy:

Thank you for the belly laugh. I’m sorry to hear you were glutened, but am grateful your episode was short-lived. They aren’t fun.
It does have a convenient parallel with sobriety, and helps to have a “this is not an option anymore” for more than just our DOC. So, no wine or bread for me. (No communion despite the easter story! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)
Sadly, now sugar is starting to bug me. :smirk:

11 Likes

Grateful to have the means to take my kids to experiences that not every kid gets to have
Grateful to have spent a whole weekend with their cousins making memories they will never forget
Grateful I was able to be fully present in everything that was going on this weekend, making memories that I will never forget
Grateful to be fit and healthy enough to be active with my kids
Grateful to be able to put my feet up after a hectic wekend and relax tonight, and a few days off before I’m back to work
Grateful for another day sober and hangover free

14 Likes

I am grateful it’s April already. I leased a piece of land this year for gardening. I am looking forward to go all crazy on planting, weeding, watering and hopefully also harvesting some cucumbers and pumpkins. I can’t wait for the season to properly start. Gonna turn my black thumbs into sparkle green ones, I hope. Grateful for this wonderful opportunity for this city girl. :woman_farmer:
I am grateful for a leisure day, no fixed plans. Coffee, newspaper and a pile of clothes looking at me, waiting to be ironed.
I love being sober. I miss nothing, when I think back to how it used to be. Have a lovely day, grati-friends. :orange_heart:

14 Likes

Well, I died on Friday, suffered through Saturday, came back to life on Sunday. Now I need to lookup what I’m supposed to do on Monday… :wink:

10 Likes

I’m grateful for having the energy to be playful with my kids
I’m grateful for the love they have shown me for being playful
I’m grateful for planning house renovations
I’m grateful for having the means to renovate
I’m grateful for potentially buying a new tent to camp in May

16 Likes

I’m grateful for Al-Anon. Without it I wouldn’t be able to write this: :heart: I’m grateful for my alcoholic. :heart:

I’m grateful the reading I picked out was about being an Al-Anon newbie and hearing in shock and disbelief how people were grateful for their alcoholic loved one. ( that was me.) I DID NOT BELIEVE THEM. NO FUCKING WAY!!

I’m grateful I turned my shitty week into a gratitude meeting last night and how much I learned about myself and all the good things that happened. I’m grateful I thought I might have even gone on too long but I was chairing and it’s about time I went on too long. I’m grateful we all got to share and had 2 minutes to spare.

I’m grateful for the desert rain.
I’m grateful for the rain clouds in the mountains.
I’m grateful it’s not raining now.
I’m grateful I get to walk Benson in a bit.
I’m grateful for my espresso roast beans and my coffee.
I’m grateful we had a lovely dinner out last night before my meeting.
I’m grateful wifey is taking an interest in the bills we get on line.
I’m grateful for the clean kitchen in the morning.
I’m grateful for the peace and serenity in this moment right now writing out my gratefulness.
I’m grateful for YouTube videos on how to order coffee in Italy. And what to look for.
Vorrei un caffè, per favore

I’m grateful for the dream I had with my father in it last night, and I think my sister. I’m grateful when that happens, and it never happens, I like to think it’s a visit from loved ones that have past on. I’m grateful I find that to be so heartwarming :heart:

I’m grateful to have another day to try to turn my will and my life over to my hp. I’m grateful to try and take no hostages today and give people the dignity to live their own life. I’m grateful for another day to try and remember I don’t know what’s right for you. I barely know what’s right for me :man_shrugging:
:pray:t2::heart:

Progress begins when we stop trying to control the uncontrollable,

“Fighting futility is just a waste of energy,
Celebra Tueli

ODAAT In Al-Anon

16 Likes

Finding this next to impossible today. Terrible brain fog and sadness. It feels like I’m going backwards on Day 31 and it is scary but I know it’s not what sober really feels like. Grateful I’m hanging on no matter what. Grateful for a tub to soak in. Grateful for the kind people here.

15 Likes

Hang on, @Lighter. Just a while longer.
It’s good to validate your feelings, of course - but they are like clouds. They will pass, and the blue sky will still be there, as it always is, behind those clouds. Stay with us, especially while those skies are cloudy.
When the clouds pass? Your sobriety will be intact, and you’ll be that much stronger at watching cravings come and go.

I’m grateful you posted, and reached out here. :pray:

I believe in you. :orange_heart:

EDIT: 31 days is massive progress! Find some room to be proud of yourself, and give yourself a big hug from me.

10 Likes

Emm, thank you so much. I really need the safety of knowing it will pass. When you’re in that withdrawal place, it feels never-ending, and like you failed somehow. I’m staying right here, all day. I want to get through this day sober. I had a soak, put on some fresh clothes, had a small bite and now for some tea as I settle in. Much to read, and more encouragement to find. When I feel the worst I look for stories of people who went through this exact thing and got better. There are many

Thank you :heart: for helping me out today

12 Likes

Oh friend! You are so welcome. But you being here, posting about how you feel? It helps us too! We all learn. Your post adds to our collective strength. Someone on here once wrote “we’re all just walking each other home”, and I love it.

I drank a lot to try to keep the sadness at bay. (You can guess how that worked, yep… :face_with_peeking_eye:). I do recall feeling like I had a backlog of suppressed sadness to get through in the early days of sobriety, and feeling like I would be overwhelmed by it, and like I was doing something wrong that it was even there… But you know, hanging out here and reading others’ journeys, I learned we can take feelings one at a time too, and - like cravings, they do pass.

Sounds like you are taking good care of yourself! If we could, we’d bring you a real life blankie and serve you that tea. :wink: :people_hugging: :orange_heart:

14 Likes

Today I’m grateful I woke up fresh and rested after 8 hours of sleep. I’m grateful I’m ok again.

I’m grateful for cuddletime with the cats, breakfast together and chillaxing in the sun on the balcony with cats. They are so sweet.

I’m grateful I had a kind and loving discussion with myself about feeling uneasy. I’m grateful I encouraged myself trying to get the mowers run. I’m grateful for the tipp my ex gave me, it worked. I’m grateful I officially started garden & farm work today. I’m grateful for what I mowed, it’s not much but as always: steps add up. This will too.

I’m grateful the solar plant provides hot water galore. The hot shower after mowing was wonderful!
I’m grateful for a relaxed afternoon as I’m struggling with the time change.
I’m grateful for big red furball nudges :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m grateful the storm in the afternoon calmed.
I’m grateful for chatting and texting with friends. I don’t feel overwhelmed today :pray:
I’m grateful I get better in taking good care of myself. At least today.
I’m grateful for my farm. I love to live here. ODAAT

@Lighter As Emm brings blankie & tea, I hop over and tell you a funny cats & plant story to lighten your day and shoo the grey. Sending hugs, this WILL pass :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:

Edit to add: The fuck the storm calmed. It’s howling outside. Fuck storms.

14 Likes

@Dazercat I’m grateful you dreamed of family that has passed to the next realm…I absolutely love that when it happens. Wish it happened more too.

I am grateful for chocolate. I could not be on day 95 without it. I am grateful that I am aware that I have to cut back on the chocolate. Awareness is good.

I am grateful to be on this walk with you all. :yellow_heart:

15 Likes

I’m grateful I waited a year and a half before I gave up my chocolate, gelato, cookies everything sugar addiction substitute. As long as I hit the pillow sober I was good :+1:

10 Likes

I am grateful for getting up early and going to the gym. Although the workout sucked, I am glad I went.
I am grateful I was able to help my dad with the garden today and for taking my mom to the beach. The sun was shining, being outside was good for all of us.
I’m grateful that, although I’m in a really shitty mood these days, I find relief in humor.
I am grateful for movies, especially the kind that make you forget your shit for a while.
I am grateful for 120 days AF and even more grateful for 11 days NF.
I am grateful for pasta with blue cheese sauce, my favourite comfort food. I needed my :cheese: today.

15 Likes

I am grateful for this day. Grateful for a very lazy day. I am grateful I knew what was up, when this really extreme hormonal wave got me in the middle of my hike. And I really am very grateful I did not faint or pee my pants in the middle of the woods. This way I could go home with my dignity intact. Very grateful for that.
I am grateful for reading, napping, very relaxing yin yoga, and anime coming my way.
As always I am very grateful for this community here, where I can checkin and surround myself with sobriety any time of my day. Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

14 Likes

@pandita Oh this is lovely – how much fun you are going to have with growing your own veggies :heart: Looking forward to seeing your harvest. tumblr_bc1bd6d2d73af0dc4db814600327c320_5ff56e21_540
@dazercat What a lovely dream. I do think of it as a visit from the beyond – a loving hello. I used to have many conversations wit h my grandma in my dreams after she passes. I really do believe they were real. Omg – love YouTube and all that it offers – learning to order coffee :laughing: I love it – gotta get those priorities right :wink:
@lighter how are you doing now Marie? Way to log on and practice some gratitude (I know how hard that can be when you feel sad and off) – I do hope that it helped. This will pass my friend. I know they are hard moments but leaning in for support, keeping yourself busy and listening to your body were helpful for me. Sending you loads of hugs.

Practicing gratefulness on this beautiful Monday
I am so very grateful for a beautiful sunny day. I can feel the spring time in the air and the greenery really is so vibrant.
I am so grateful that my mom and i had showered this morning prior to losing our water. Apparently the water main in our neighboring community broke and it caused our water to be shut off too. Grateful i was able to find the numbers for the management company and figure out this issue and that we were only without water for 3 hours. LOL – i laughed out loud and thanked the lord for my lovely April Fools prank :rofl:
I am so grateful my family and the support - the unconditional love i receive daily.
I am so grateful for convenience of grocery stores, being able to return items that don’t fit or work, for daily amenities.
I am so grateful for my HP!
I am so grateful for dark chocolate. @Davina_Davis i too enjoy my chocolate (sometimes a bit too much)
I am so grateful good customer service support. Added the no adds feature to Amazon Prime to still have adds on all the shows i watch. Guess that feature is only for certain shows. Good to know and be able to cancel the feature. Funny how a few adds are so annoying now when ALL our shows had adds before - i am now grateful for easily being able to enjoy a show with or without adds.
I am so grateful for all of you! Grateful for this site – thank you so very much for being here.

I do hope you all have a wonderful addiction free day / evening - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

14 Likes

Congratulations on your 4 months Naomi
I hope the beach, sunshine and pasta with blue cheese sauce took the edge off the shitty mood.
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes