Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

I am grateful for the long chat I had today with an old acquaintance. I am grateful he opened up to me about his current life situation. I am grateful my sobriety gave me back my emotions. I am grateful for the tears that filled my eyes listening to his story. I am grateful this encounter today holds the possibility to elevate into a friendship… maybe? I’ve known him for 10 years, but we never exchanged more than pleasantries. I am grateful I am aware of my willingness to engage in a meaningful human connection. I am grateful I have the energy to give it a try to make a new (old) friend.

I am grateful @TrustyBird is here with us. I am grateful I get to celebrate that awesome milestone with you today.

I am grateful for my prescription medication, I already feel a lot better than yesterday
:squid:

16 Likes

Sobr Sober GIF23228685

Congratulations Emelie! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Thanks @Pattycake! You inspire me too. :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you!! Hug those fur babies for me.

3 Likes

Today I am grateful that I had a good week and am looking forward to the weekend. Grateful for the wisdom I have gotten from others who share this sober journey.

17 Likes

Friday gratefulness :hugs:
Grateful for my beautiful sister. Sending me so many funny clips out of the blue. Like she knew i needed to laugh.
Grateful for my quick chat with my cousin in England. Grateful that she reached out at the perfect time today when i was about to have a breakdown. Grateful that i felt like smiling after our text exchange.
Grateful for the lovely gift i received from my cousin. Sent a lovely book (haven’t seen it yet as my brother snagged it to read first), a t-shirt from the Jamaican carnival she attended and a lovely sentimental postcard. Got the package on Valentines day so it was perfect :heart:
Grateful that i was able to get some work done last night when i couldn’t sleep. Found out that a few of my orders from Amazon were due to deliver Wednesday even though they were on Prime and in stock. Grateful that with a chat i was able to figure out that i had opted for that weird delivery option and the agent was able to correct the shipping so now i will receive tomorrow.
Grateful that i got a few hours of sleep this morning finally around 6:30. I am hoping that i do get some sleep tonight. I missed my mom time today but will be able to make up more time tomorrow :heart:
Grateful for cost comfy clothing. Feeling warm and fuzzy
Grateful for this community! Grateful for your support.

Wishing everyone a addiction free day / evening! sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

17 Likes

Good morning!

I’m grateful to be writing my gratitude list with you today. To wake up on a Saturday morning with no hangover, no regrets, and the energy to take on the day is one of my favorite parts of being sober. Weekends are longer now and I get more sleep!

I’m grateful to have had the energy and the patience and kindness to work hard with my students this week and begin to see some progress!

I’m grateful to be in a loving and safe and happy marriage and to get to spend time with my hubby this weekend.

I’m grateful for our safe and cozy home.

I’m grateful to have the resources to take care of myself. Last weekend I bought a plane ticket to go visit my son in California at spring break. Last night I made a reservation for a cute little cabin in the north woods for a week in July.

I’m grateful to be in good health and have work that brings me real life engagement and continued learning.

I’m grateful that my husband and my siblings and I are in this sober journey at the same time in our lives!

I’m grateful it is the weekend and I can take a mental break from the work.

I’m grateful to be getting my first cup of coffee soon. I wish you all the best and a day of peace.

15 Likes

I have so much to be grateful for on this beautiful day (it’s raining heavily outside but it’s still a beautiful day to me)

I’m grateful that I missed the rain while I was walking this morning with my dog, she isn’t keen on the rain or being wet.

I’m always grateful for my sister who listens with so much patience to EVERY thought that comes into my mind.

I grateful for my amazing son who has lived with me as a drunk & never complained, now he lives by himself & visits me for the odd meal each week & takes me grocery shopping. I’m also grateful that he’s allowing me to drive his car which is helping me with my debilitating anxiety around driving (a massive portion of the anxiety came from alcohol) I’m getting better at it :nerd_face:

I’m grateful for my friends who invited me out last night to a quiz night (we didn’t win but we had fun) My first night out this year!

I’m grateful to have the kind of friends who don’t ask “why are you not drinking a real drink?” We didn’t go to a pub but there was alcohol available. Only one of my friends knows I’m in recovery.

I’m grateful that I’m sober & because of that I’ve actually gotten myself into a nice morning routine which involves exercise. I could never keep up with an exercise routine due to hangovers.

I’m grateful for how amazing I feel waking up without a hangover & having had a restful sleep.
I’m grateful that I’m alive. I didn’t feel alive before, I was sleep walking through my life.

I’m grateful to the person who suggested I chose a “word (or two) for the year” mine are peace & patience. I’ve never felt more at peace in my adult life than I do now (it’s early days - day 51) but I’m loving how settled my body & mind feel, the first 4 weeks were pretty awful. And I’m attempting to bring patience into all aspects of my life. I was constantly rushing through every event in my life when I was drinking. Now I’m all about smelling the roses. Being in the moment. Taking my time.Showing gratitude & practicing mindfulness.

I’m also super grateful that alcohol didn’t steal everything from me, it stole a lot but it didn’t take my sense of humour, my ability to make people laugh, my chattiness.

I hope all you wonderful people have an amazing day 🩷

18 Likes

I’m grateful to be alive and in recovery. I’m grateful it helps me handle this whole house thingy and my wife’s arthritis in her knee.

First off. A year ago or maybe even less I would have blamed my wife’s knee arthritis on her drinking. I really think I would have. I was that sick. I was blaming everything on her drinking. I’m so grateful for the progress I’ve made in Al-Anon. And now I get to have AA meetings. I’m grateful for double barrel recovery.

I’m grateful I can feel more loving and compassionate to my wife while I kinda hold down the fort because she is really struggling to walk. And it’s painful. :persevere: I’m grateful it didn’t bother me she had 3 glasses of wine. I’m grateful I wasn’t counting her wine consumption she just told me I’m having a third glass. I’m grateful I felt nothing. Nothing negative. Nothing good. Nothing bad. It’s what alcoholics do. If we aren’t in recovery we drink.

I’m so grateful for my recoveries with this fucking house we are trying to buy. I’m grateful we are in a bidding war :grimacing: NOT :grimacing: but I’m grateful to know what I’m up against if we don’t get this house. Fully remodeled turn key. If we don’t get this one I know it wasn’t meant to be. But if I find another like this one it’s going to be the same situation. So I’m grateful we are all in on this one. BRING IT!! I’m grateful this bidding war is still way under our top budget. I’m grateful wifey said if we don’t get it someone else it going to have to pay a shit load for it :rofl::rofl::rofl: grateful for spiteful humor. I’m grateful Mavy just forced his way in for a snuggle and he’s purring and breathing loudly on me as I write. I’m grateful we made a killing on the Flagstaff house. I’m grateful I’m blessed to be in this situation sober and calm. Calm most of the time. I’m grateful if we do get the house. I GOT TO MOVE! Get to move :laughing: I’m grateful if we don’t get the house I don’t have to move. I’m grateful for step 1. I’m powerless over people places and things. I’m grateful whatever happens happens. I’m grateful I’ll be ok no matter what.

I’m grateful I just got a text notice to meet my sponsor for coffee at 9:15 this morning. So I’m grateful I get to wrap this up now.

Edit to add:
I’m grateful wifey trust me. She hasn’t even seen the house in person. I’m grateful that’s 40 fucking years of marriage right there :heart:

I’m grateful for all of you here on this grateful home thread of ours.
:pray:t2::heart:

“In recovery, every day you choose sobriety is a day you choose life. Give thanks for this choice, for it is a testament to your inner strength.”
Safe Haven Recovery

18 Likes

I’m grateful for the first time in a long time I feel proud of myself, love myself, trust myself and love how it’s reflecting more positively on others.

19 Likes

I’m grateful to read all these wonderful posts here daily which in turn reminds me to be grateful for the big and small things in life that I forget about.

I’m grateful for the men and women who plow and salt our roads. We got a foot of snow on Tuesday and another 5 inches today. I’m grateful for my exceptional driving skills, especially in this weather. Driving to work today, a couple cars spun out in front of me on the highway. I saw it coming, when their break lights came on. They had no business being on the road. I’m grateful no one was hurt.

I’m grateful hubby’s new knees and hip are working perfectly fine nowadays. This is the first winter in 3 years that he’s been able to take on all the shoveling, saving us a shit ton of money. I’m grateful he makes it a priority to have my car warmed up and cleaned off in the morning. Being that I’m the one going to work, it is in his best interest though but I’m still grateful I don’t have to do it myself. I did let him off the hook at 4am this morning when he agreed to walk the dog instead.

I’m grateful my daughter’s meltdowns have seemed to subside a little. They got out of control the past couple weeks and I was seriously considering medicating her again. I’m grateful it finally came to me that her meltdowns were the result of my stress. I’m grateful for my patience and ability to walk away when it gets too heated. I’m grateful for cold late night walks by myself to reset.

I’m grateful when I got sick this week it only lasted a day. High fever and body aches came on out of nowhere at work. I’m grateful my boss told me to go home and rest even thought we’re buried in work. I’m grateful I went back to the office the next day feeling my normal self. Maybe the stress finally caught up to me.

I’m grateful I get to go to my ladies only AA meeting tonight and probably dinner afterwards. I love our meeting after the meeting, especially when a newcomer joins us. If we can keep another alcoholic from picking up a drink for an additional hour then our 12th step work is a success. I’m grateful for the AA saying…“Give it way to keep it”. Makes so much sense now that I’ve been on this journey a few years.

I’m grateful for each and every one of you helping to keep me sober today.

20 Likes

I’m grateful for another day.
I’m grateful it’s sunny outside today.
I’m grateful for the haven we made out of our plot of land. Turkeys and deer and rabbits meander through every day. I’d be more grateful for them if they’d leave the vegetable garden alone in summer, but we all have to live.
I’m grateful my neighbors kitties are ok with me barging in on them daily to take care of them while their parents are gone.
I’m grateful for music.
I’m grateful for TS, and all you lovely kind people. I’m so glad I found you.
:two_hearts:

19 Likes

I am grateful I rescheduled seeing my parents to Tuesday, so I can also join my dad to the hospital. I’m grateful to have this Saturday for myself.

I am grateful the temperature is rising, hopefully we’re moving towards springtime. I’m really looking forward to summer :parasol_on_ground:

I am grateful for finding a dirt cheap bikini for the holiday with the fam, in stead of spending another 50 bucks on a small piece of fabric. I am grateful I lost some weight, but I’m in dire need of some clothing updates. Quite the challenge as I dislike shopping…

I am grateful for the relaxing evening yesterday, watching murder series and having pizza.

I am grateful I had a moment of retrospection yesterday. I was walking home with my groceries, normally the most important thing in my bag would be a bottle of wine and some extra beers just in case. This time I had pizza and sparkling water for the Friday evening. It made me proud of myself, knowing the morrorow me will be grateful I didn’t drink.

18 Likes

11 Likes

It’s late afternoon and I really need to come here.
Today I’m grateful for frozen pizza. With a little bit extra cheese, ham and mushrooms it’s a quick, tasty meal. I’m grateful I can afford grocery shopping. I’m sure one day I will faint facing the bill at the supermarket. I’m grateful I stocked up on catlitter.

I’m grateful for all the work I put in myself and my life. Guess what? The ex showed up at the farm today to fumble with his stones. A coincidence as I moved back here yesterday? He didn’t know I’m back. It’s very, very strange. I’m grateful we were civil, I was able to address my questions and issues, I am content with the information I got and he removed a tree from the drive-up to the tractor parking. I’m grateful I didn’t have to ask, he had this idea himself. I’m grateful I stayed neutral when he talked about his new leasing car. He obviously can afford 2 cars.
I’m grateful my codependent mimimi was civil too and I sayed good bye when everything was said & done. I’m grateful I allowed me to cry a bit and feel a little upset. I’m grateful I treated myself to a yummi breakfast at lunchtime soon after, checked HALT, petted cats and took a shower. I’m grateful the mimimi was gone after the shower. Progress!

I’m grateful I laze on the couch, the cats are sleeping, the fire in the woodstove makes the room warm and cozy, I have a second glass of milk with a second cookie.

I’m grateful for freedom, for my peaceful life, that resentments come and go and sometimes fade, that my brain is in good shape again (at least for this week it was ok), that I’m grateful for all my blessings, that I’m a kind and warmhearted person, that I have both feet on the ground.

I’m grateful I got notice yesterday that a farther schoolmate commited murder last year. A friend of mine stayed loosely in touch with him over the years, she told me he contacted her last summer as he moved back from abroad. We three had a nice, short phonecall in summer but he seemed to be physically and mentally in bad shape and paranoid, obviously using some kind of drugs. We didn’t hear from him since. He killed a person he had big resentments on at the end of last year. Media stated that he was prisoned at a psychiatric-forensic ward due to his mental state.
I’m grateful my mental health is good besides the mimimi and brainfuck everybody suffers from time to time. I’m grateful that I was dismayed but not surprised when I read about it. I had a bad feeling about him returning from abroad and being quite a wreck. I’m grateful my friend lives far away from his place, the information took 2 months to reach her. I’m grateful we can grieve together a person we were friends in school 35 years ago.

I’m grateful for ODAAT, OFDAAT, FUBAR and FUCK :pray:
And for my lovely cats who enjoy the farmhouse so much Where my cat people? #3 - #1538 by erntedank

Edit to add: I’m grateful I fell asleep after typing my gratitude, woke up 1,5 h later, fed the cats, did my evening routine and moved from couch to bed. After this week the perfect saturday evening. Night folks :zzz:

13 Likes

Practicing gratitude on this beautiful Saturday morning… full of gratefulness
I am so grateful for my comforting morning coffee. Grateful that i waited till 8 am to start the coffee as i’m sure the smell of coffee would have bothered my brother in his sleep.
I am so grateful that i was able to have coffee time with my mom this morning.
I am so grateful that a friend sent me some great lymph massages that are supposed to help with getting my body flow back
I am so grateful that i am doing well enough with little sleep. I’m sure i am due to for a crash very soon LOL
I am so very grateful that the sun is shining (well it’s playing peek a boo). Grateful that we did not get much snow so far this winter. I am so grateful that i didn’t have to shovel.
I am so grateful that for fun movies and gathering an arsenal of tv entertainment for my recovery. Grateful to be setting up my space at my parents place for my recovery.
I am so grateful that i was able to have a lovely chat with my cousin at 3 in the morning… grateful it was early morning for her in England and i got to give her company with her morning coffee.
I am so grateful for enjoying Somethings Gotta Give - do love this romcom
I am so grateful for my family. Grateful that my brother is going to visit my sister tomorrow. They both need connections right now and glad they can be there for each other.
I am so grateful for my HP. Grateful that i know whatever i am going through will not last forever. Grateful that this too shall pass.
I am so grateful for peace and quiet. Grateful to not feel the need to be on the go go go.
I am so grateful for TS. Grateful we have a space place here to share our journey (the triumphs, struggles and milestones).
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening! Sending all you beautiful souls so much love :heart: :heart:

14 Likes

Before I get into a hot bath, time for my evening gratitude.

I am grateful for sleeping in, taking my time and still being on time - have no idea how that happened.
I am grateful for all the people walking with us on the demonstration and all those who organised.
I am grateful for meeting a friend there and having a nice long chat.
I am grateful for emotions moving in waves, ups and downs, but moving and not feeling stuck in a place of suffering.
I am grateful for letting go today, for taking it easy, for taking a nap.
I am grateful for yoga, for breathing and meditating.
I am grateful for my family, my partner, my child.
I am grateful I can look forward to a nice read in a hot bath.

Have a cozy night everyone :night_with_stars:

17 Likes

Sunday morning gratitude
Grateful for hotel instant coffee
Grateful we got sleep in till 730am
Grateful my wife seems ok after her big trail run yesterday, she took a couple spills, but by the look of it there were a few people finishing bloody and bruised.
Grateful I was able to act as support crew for her
Grateful for another day hangover free and sober

18 Likes

Grateful for getting more jobs done in the garden today, it’s looking better.
Grateful for my partner for taking my bike to be serviced, hoping to get out on it soon.
Grateful for listening to my body this weekend, I’ve been feeling tired this week so cut out a scheduled run today.
Grateful to let it go today when something someone did annoyed me but I won’t be taken advantage of.
Grateful to be here :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

I’m grateful I’ve got my kids this weekend, grateful I took them out for dinner and had a milkshake with them last night, grateful I still haven’t drank in 2024!

17 Likes