Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

Grateful for another sober day completed.
Grateful to know how to manage my twingy back; keep moving, pain killers, and keep on moving.
I’m grateful I managed to get a swim in this afternoon.
Grateful my dinner was already prepared so I only needed to warm it up.
Grateful for early nights and favourite books (Rebecca).
Grateful to be here :sparkling_heart:

17 Likes

I’m grateful for hot cross buns and butter.
I’m grateful I can tutor from my bed on days like today.
I’m grateful for an early night.
:heart::v:

14 Likes

Monday gratefulness with my sober peeps … HAPPY MONDAY Y’ALL

I am so grateful for another day above ground, breathing clean air.
I am so grateful to be another day without my DOC"s. Grateful for whatever happened in my mind to help me quit these and stay the sober path. Grateful that my cravings come but i am able to see them for the lies they are and not give in.
I am so grateful that i now that nothing can be solved with the use of my DOC’s. My health (mental, physical and emotional) is so much better without them and will only continue to improve.
I am so grateful that i mis-read the note from my doctor. When i went for my post op appointment last Monday i was told that someone would check in on my on Wednesday and i have been feeling shitty about the fact that noone checked in and i have had to write an update. Come to find out that she had meant this coming Wednesday. :person_facepalming:
I am so grateful that my cousin was able to talk to her SIL who is a OB and was able to help me out. Grateful that i know this will pass and at least the cyst is no longer in me… one thing at a time.
I am so grateful that i did go ahead and book a CT for this coming Friday as i am not feeling any better and most scan’s are over a month out. Grateful that i am checking each day to see if any cancellations occur. I am so grateful that we are friends with business owners around our restaurant. Grateful that they were able to call us to let us know that our building was on fire. Grateful that the fire department is 2 blocks away and was able to put it out quickly. Grateful that no one was in the building and no damage to the restaurant. The fire started in the residential portion upstairs. No one is occupying this area so curious to get the details of the fire.
I am so grateful for Amazon. Grateful to be able to get my essentials and some not so essential items right to my door step.
I am so grateful for my family and their support. Grateful that i can somewhat give back to them also and help out where needed.
I am so grateful for my HP. Grateful that i am at least able to do meditation and somewhat find a state of peace and calmness.
I am so grateful for you all. Grateful to have you all in my corner and grateful to be a part of this wonderful community.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

17 Likes

I am grateful to have made it thru another day sober during tough times

I am grateful that I mostly took it easy today because that’s all I could manage

I am grateful for my family and furbaby cuddles

I am grateful to have steady employment and money to pay the bills

I am grateful for Michael Sealey sleep hypnosis videos on youtube… his voice sounds like buttahh

I am grateful to be here with you all :heart:

19 Likes

Damn, thankfully they could put out that fire so quickly! Scary :fearful:
And girl, I feel you on the Amazon stuff :wink:

6 Likes

thanks girl — yeah – we had one in dec '22 upstairs too but that happened at 2 am and no one told us so we had a great surprise the next day trying to get in LOL… grateful all went smoothly today and no one was injured.

8 Likes

I am grateful for morning AA Meeting I was able to get to this morning. Not a great night’s sleep but got up and out anyway.

Grateful for God giving us another beautiful day.

Grateful clear minded from sobriety allows me to work on our tax return.

Grateful I have a pool to get to soon to do my exercises.

Grateful I get to meet my sponsor face to face tomorrow,

19 Likes

Grateful for another chilled day off, back to work tomorrow.
Grateful the stretchs and exercises im doing for my knee are helping
Grateful I’ve also learned some patience and am resting it as best I can
Grateful it was a sunny autumn day, tried to go swimming but the pool was booked, went for a cycle instead.

@Naomi happy birthday
@JazzyS lucky that there was no water damage, often is the case that downstairs occupants that had nothing to do with the cause and not even close to the fire end up suffering water damage

Grateful for another day sober and hangover free

18 Likes

Today I am grateful for my physical and mental health. I am grateful for my sobriety. I am grateful for my job and for the relationship I have with my kids. The relationship with the kids is so different in a better way.
I am grateful for this app.

Thanks to all of you, have a great 24h xxx

19 Likes

Yes… super grateful that we didn’t get water damage. The last time we dealt with a fire we spent a while fixing all the water issues and it was a mess.

8 Likes

I am grateful to be feeling this anxiety, because it means that I am still sober and I’m not drowning those feelings with alcohol. I am grateful that I have this space to come to and read people’s gratitudes and other posts, from people who understand what I’m going through. I’m grateful for my niece who texted and asked me to go for a walk in the rose gardens with her and her baby. Grateful. ODAAT

17 Likes

So grateful you are okay! Fire is no joke.

4 Likes

IMG_3594
I hope this birthday wish finds you feeling better and you get to enjoy some time with your housemates for your birthday :partying_face:

11 Likes

Morning gratitude.
Today I’m grateful I made @JazzyS laugh :grin: To be honest I chuckled too for quite a while :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I’m grateful for humor and laughter.

I’m grateful yesterday morning was good and productive. I’m grateful I fetched the Dyson vacuum cleaner from the townhouse, this powerthing makes keeping up with shedding cats and a big house easier.

I’m grateful I killed the fucking codependent mimimi instantly like a mosquito when the ex showed up to get some tools for working yesterday.

I’m grateful I identified another pattern: I acquired a helplessness concerning practical tasks on the farm as the amount of work is far beyond anything I could manage to do alone :thinking: Is it? Or is it the complicated ways the ex approached many tasks and him always having people here to do the work (of course I payed them) together with him letting me feel that in his eyes I’m lazy and fat doing nothing that causes this deep feeling of fear and helplessness that I can’t do it on my own? Really disliking some tasks adds to it. I do put back tasks I heartfeltly don’t want to do, I never grew adult enough and never will to tick off doing things I really dislike with a shrug and just DO them. I’m grateful I got a lot better dealing with tasks I just don’t like or find boring, so there is hope and potential for further babysteps.
Well, I’ll take this issue to therapy today. I’m grateful I’m able to approach problems honestly and see my share contributing to them.

I’m grateful I startet sorting my finances yesterday, they need an overhaul as I proceed with calculating scenarios. I’m grateful I take time and will do it step by step, rechecking the various possibilities and outcomes.

I’m grateful I allowed myself to read, watch series and think yesterday in the afternoon. I’m grateful I give myself time to think, just sit and think. I’m grateful I notice intrusive thoughts of not being productive, being lazy, not doing enough. That’s the stinkin’ thinking my ex implemented in my soul. It’s triggered each time I see him. I’m grateful I can sit with it as I have no clue how to remove this bullshit from inside me. Same for acquired helplessness.

I’m grateful for fake it till you make it. This is what I’m gonna do now. I’m a competent woman and I’ll tackle some office stuff, that’s what I do best and love most. ODAAT

14 Likes

I’m grateful to have a job
I’m grateful for a positive second day at work
I’m grateful for heartening teacher comments about my kids
I’m grateful for sticking to healthy life choices
I’m grateful for stepping into my discomfort zone

16 Likes

I am grateful it’s Spring. Even though there was a huge frost this morning and it’s COLD. Warmer days are ahead.
I am grateful for a warm house and car this morning.
I am grateful my husband didn’t drink last night, that’s a big one.
I am grateful for my health.
I am grateful for another day to be a better version of myself than yesterday. Spring, rebirth, new and exciting things ahead.

17 Likes

Today I am so grateful for 176 af. I have two of my grandsons here until Thursday. Today is the younger ones (7th) birthday. :partying_face: So today is all about him! I wish you all a good day!!:star2::star2::star2::star2:

19 Likes

I’m grateful that I somehow accidently turned on my old 6am Zelda feeding alarm as it woke me from a rather unpleasant dream. But now I am awake. I forsee a small morning nap in my future.

@Naomi happy birthday!

13 Likes

Im greatful for this reminder this morning
Progress rather than perfection
The Pause
Prayer, even though it feels akward
Love
A mind that works well
A job that pays
My mom watching Boscoe last night
Hubbys pep talk

16 Likes

I am grateful I could write my (not so grateful) thoughts down yesterday in the check-in thread. I am grateful for the comforting replies and also for the sweet birthday wishes.

I am grateful I can talk about the past with a close friend who’s an ex-JW activist. He also keeps me posted on what happens in that cult. Sometimes I don’t want to know, but I can’t help it. My family is trapped and I want to know what the church is teaching them.
I know about 20 ex-JW’s and only three of them are, as far as I know, pretty ‘normal’. The rest is fucked up. I am grateful I didn’t go to a point of no return.
I am grateful my parents and sister still want to see me, that’s not something to take for granted. My brothers, also ex-JW, totally cut off my JW family and me included because I still talk to my family. I am grateful I finally made peace with their decision.
I am grateful I’m sober, as I would get emotional and argumentative about this shit if I’d drink. I am grateful my son grew up without religious dogma. I am grateful I got out of the spell.

I am grateful I’m feeling physically slightly better. I am grateful for sunshine during our morning walk and during the false fire alarm this afternoon. I am grateful I worked yesterday, so today only half a day of work.

17 Likes