Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

I’m grateful we made it to Cali yesterday and we both :heart: love :heart: the house. I’m grateful we got a shit ton of work to do in the next few hundred ODAATs to make this our forever home. Forever is not going to be long this time :scream: I’m grateful we can treat it like our last home and fix it up the way we want without ever having to worry about resale. I’m grateful I’m done! I’m grateful this is my fucking opus!

I’m grateful maybe, just maybe, finally, I’ve come to acceptance. I’m grateful I can let go of hope in other people and get back to myself. Hope in myself. I’m grateful all my worrying about who I would be traveling with yesterday, sober wife or drinking too much wife was for not. Of course she drank too much. I’m grateful that’s what alcoholics do. I’m grateful maybe I can finally accept that fact. I’m grateful I can try and not let Lucy pull that football out from underneath me anymore if I just accept the fact she has a disease, and just know. She’s gonna drink :man_shrugging: It’s what alcoholics do. I’m grateful I’m safe. I’m grateful I love my wife with this disease. I’m grateful I get to work on loving her more :face_holding_back_tears: I’m grateful in my mind this is the only option.
I’m grateful for this beautiful life. I’m grateful for this next new adventure in my life.

I’m grateful I get another day to turn my will and my life and my wife’s life over to the care of god. I’m grateful for my courage to keep moving forward. I’m grateful for both my recoveries without them I’d be a drunken bum.

Grateful for y’all.
Grateful for all the rain in Cali as it looks beautiful and so green out here now. Grateful my house is dry on the inside. I’m grateful all that weather, rain, gave it a great test before the inspections.

“Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Seriously :flushed: I quoting Harry Potter :man_facepalming:

22 Likes

Can’t wait to see the pics of your new garden. You’ve got cacti (or is it cactuses?) at the new casa?

@Steve14 how cool is it to still function after short nights right? Those mornings are a walk in the park in comparison to the hungover days of the past.

10 Likes

Great Steve ! , Keep it up good work

6 Likes

Thank you…so crazy. Now it seems to be an electrical fire and we are on hold till investigation is complete. Saying 3-4 days min :woman_facepalming:t4:
These are the times it sucks to work for yourself. Still super grateful that no one was hurt and we will get through this too.

9 Likes

I’m grateful for my “picture this,” app. It’s going to get a lot of use in my new Cali garden. It’s HUGE! :rose:🪻 :cherry_blossom: :hibiscus: :tulip::sunflower: :blossom: I’m going to be in heaven with it. Grateful to meet my new gardener tomorrow who works it if he’s willing to stay on. I’m grateful to be going from :cactus: to :lemon:

12 Likes

I’ve had a near brush with losing all I own to a fire, so I can sympathize greatly. Hang in there. While difficult now, this will pass and become a memory soon enough. :heart:

7 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking about earlier. Passing out sleeping 8 hours and feeling like a big pile of :poop: I will take this over that any day!

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes
  • I am grateful for waking up sober, not waking up needing a drink to function and face the day.

• I am grateful for my friends on this app, who face the same struggles I do, and aren’t judgmental.

• I am grateful for my health

• I am grateful for the nice weather today

• I am grateful that I’m seeing a positive change in my son’s behavior and he’s focusing more at school.

• I am grateful for being alive and just experiencing life in general—some of us didn’t wake up this morning.

• Im grateful for my Big Book, my home group and my sponsor.

#ODAAT :heart:

21 Likes

@erntedank I am so grateful for the lovely sprouts and haul you’ve gotten so far – looking great friend. I have always wanted to start sprouting in doors and be ahead when spring hits but alas not this year. What a surprise to be producing something different than the seeds you think you planted :laughing:
@chiron thank you friend. I am sorry that you have had to deal with a fire in the past – definitely very scary stuff. I do hope you were able to get in a restful nap today.

Tuesday afternoon gratefulness
I am so grateful for another day breathing and being alive.
I am so grateful that my brother is coming around and it almost feels like old times.
I am so grateful that my brother is available now (since we can’t open the restaurant till DTE does its investigation) so that he can take my mom to her follow up appointment tomorrow. I really wanted someone to go with her to take notes and gather all the information from her surgeon. Hoping to weigh out the options for radiation.
I am so grateful that we live so close to a grocery store / pharmacy.
I am so grateful for comfy seat cushions that allow some relief to my spine.
I am so grateful for leftovers. Grateful that my dad can heat them up easily.
I am so grateful for sourdough bread - grateful that i am not having any issues with digesting this bread.
I am so grateful for red light therapy belt.
I am so grateful for my long arm back scratcher.
I am so grateful for being able to take a long warm shower and drink some dark hot chocolate
I am so grateful for comfy indoor shoes.
I am so grateful for prayer and meditation to help my mindset and keep me from being sucked in the negative hole.
I am so grateful for family and friends - love my TS friends. Grateful for such amazing connections. Not sure where i would be without you all.
I am so grateful for seeing beauty and life in everything… practice of gratitude stays with me and is very uplifting.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

18 Likes

I woke up pretty ok this morning, no headache, no heartache. That I am grateful for.
I am grateful my morning was productive, but I also managed to take my breaks, connect, be in my body, listen to it, surrender to the present moment. I am very proud of myself here :smiling_face:
I am grateful I kept my food journal, I am grateful my relationship with it has changed: from a hassle and something that would take the fun out of eating, to a very useful tool that makes me comfortable around food. I am grateful I was mindful through my meals and thus enjoyed them far more than otherwise.
I am grateful for class, and also for easter break coming next week. I am grateful for the nice weather and me enjoying the sun today. I am grateful for a good yoga class, and also for feeling my limits and cutting it short when I felt tired.
I am grateful for moving forward emotionally and letting go of a marriage that can not survive like that.
I am grateful for being tired and bedtime approaching soon :night_with_stars:

20 Likes

Absolutely! :star2::star2::star2::star2:

2 Likes

Very grateful for 90 days af, 6 months no nicotine and one hour disordered eating free. I am grateful for this space and all the support here. I am grateful for my family.

16 Likes

Grateful for Day 18 being nearly done.
Grateful for a rough recovery day, but not wanting to drink over it.
Grateful I have a lot of healing to do, as that helps me see how harmful alcohol is to me, and helps me stay more focused in these early days.
Grateful for this community, as community has always been the key to my recovery.
Grateful for all of you.

18 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and tucked into bed with Will :cat: and netflix.

I am grateful that my knee jerk reaction to a difficult situation or bad mood doesnt have to be to drink alcohol. I choose to respond differently.

I am grateful for good food and hot showers.

I am grateful for my sig otha and proud of him as he is almost 7 months sober.

I am grateful to be here with you all. :heart:

16 Likes

Happy birthday @Naomi :partying_face::bouquet::birthday:
I’m grateful that no-one was hurt in the fire and it was put out quickly @JazzyS :heart:
I’m grateful @Dazercat loves his new house :blush:
I’m grateful for herbal tea.
I’m grateful I had a lovely experience today helping a student back into school after 3 years of non attendance :hugs:
I’m grateful for smiles from my daughter.
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

17 Likes

As an ex-JW myself, I’m grateful you are on talking terms with your parents. That’s huge. My family won’t talk to me, despite me extending an open invitation to my family’s home or to chat anytime.
I’m grateful to have made peace with this after 30 years of resentment, bitterness and grief, drowned in a torrent of alcohol.
I’m grateful that my children will never be shunned by me or my partner, no matter their choices.
I’m grateful to be teaching my kids critical thinking, to question everything, and to make informed decisions.
I’m grateful for ex-JW activists

15 Likes

I am grateful I woke up tired but hangover free.
My boss is on vacation this week. :laughing:
The smell of coffee brewing.
A few more toys and clothes ordered for my 5 year old grandsons visit this weekend. He wears me out but I love his visits. We get him one weekend a month. He is the sweetest little boy. :heart:
Friends that trust and love me.
Another day to do the next “right” thing.

18 Likes

Good morning sober tribe,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, without it i would be hopeless, depressed, and in the downward cycle of doom
Hubby trying his best to be supportive
Boscoe and the joy he brings the family
My mom and dad and the chance to talk to them for an hour last night
My moms always been independent and taught me this strength (and weakness)
Fresh running water
Hot coffee
Comfy pillows
Our safety
This amazing community
Finding my voice
Handpan music on youtube, boy is that zen inducing
Patience with self and others

Peace and love soberinos

17 Likes

Today I am grateful for 80 days sober.

I’m grateful for losing 10.2 lbs since February 1st.

I am grateful for weekly lunches with my best friend.

I’m grateful my son got his first paycheck and is setting 10% aside and learning to manage his money. He also used his first check to buy a new 40 inch tv for his room but he deserved it for how hard he’s been working.

I am grateful that this month is almost over.

I’m grateful the weather is supposed to be beautiful today.

I am grateful to be in such a good mood today.

19 Likes