Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

im grateful for finally getting a decent and stable monthly income
im grateful i made up with my family and we are very close to being back as we were before i hit rock bottom
im grateful i have a healty functioning body and brain
im grateful for all the mental strength i was able to built
and finally im grateful that god did not give up on me and the hes still enriches me with his cosmic and metaphysical presence

15 Likes

Woohoo! Amazing effort approaching 2 years CJ. That is flippin insane :muscle:

8 Likes

Thanks Jazzy for the encouragement. Like yourself, Iā€™m grateful for learning that healing through sobriety is not a quick fix. Itā€™s a dynamic journey :pray::heart:

5 Likes

Iā€™m doing well, Ericā€¦Iā€™m grateful, so grateful Iā€™m holding back tears of joy :heart: Have this one to share, as of April 2ndā€¦milestones are scary because I always know how fragile everything I have isā€¦including the gift of sobriety.

Iā€™m grateful I just helped a kitten that was hit by a car today and it is stable. Iā€™m grateful this is but one of a million things I can do and have done to the best of my ability because I have a clear mind.

Sending, much, much love to you all. God knows youā€™ve helped me and still help me immensely along the way. I could never do this alone. :heart::heart::heart:

16 Likes

So, Iā€™ve not been posting here for quite some daysā€¦ but holy shit am I grateful today!!!
Grateful AF!

After less than 48 hours in my new volunteer management role, shit hit the fan - BIG TIME! And l think I managed well. Situation resolved from my point of view. My direct line manager offered some compromise (they didnā€™t have to, because they said it wasnā€™t my fault, or the previous managers fault, or anyones fault of my team). That compromise was refused by the other party and whatever fallout might happen from this situation will have to go through my line managers manager and the legal team.

I am grateful I stayed calm through all of that. Grateful I didnā€™t let it ruin my day. Grateful I have an awesome team and reliable line manager. Grateful I agreed to take on this position. And very very grateful I didnā€™t think of alcohol as stress buster today.
:squid:

13 Likes

Aww Anna Iā€™m so happy for you :smiling_face_with_tear:
2 years on my sisters birthday :birthday: She was an addiction counselor. She would have been so proud of you. Just like I am.
Congratulations on your 2 years!!

Moreā€¦ā€¦.

:boom: :boom:

6 Likes

@desert_rose a massive congratulations to you on your 2 year soberversary! You rock :metal:

5 Likes

Huge congrats on your 2 years + of sobriety! Great to see you checking in with such exciting news!

woohoo-kevin

4 Likes

Good afternoon peeps, I have been doing quite a bit of typing out gratitude lists here and not posting. Strange behavior, we will see if this one makes it past enter.

I slipped on self-injury last weekend, almost made it to 3 years (april 20th). I am grateful that in 8 years I have only had 2 slips. I am grateful it didnt turn into a full blown relapse. This had been boiling up for a long, long time and to be honest I am glad that its over. The obsession was debilitating, it was like a pressure cooker. I am grateful that although this particular part of my illness terrifies G, he was loving and compassionate. I am grateful for his patience when his request of me to get rid of my paraphinalia was met with resistance. I am grateful I eventually became willing after answering a question in a set of steps I am doing. Funny how that works.

I leave for Hawaii on Sunday with my kiddo. I am grateful G will watch Nugs here at my home. Hopefully she will be less stressed out. :pray: I am looking forward to some warm air and quality time with my child.

I am grateful for my life today.

Congrats on your recovery @desert_rose Anna :heart:

20 Likes

It is lovely to see you checking in Stella and I am grateful that you did hit enter on this post.

2 slips in 8 years is remarkable. Grateful that it did not lead to a full blown relapse and that you have support around you :pray:

I can understand the sensation of hitting the boiling point. Sorry friend. I am grateful you will be getting away with your daughter. Hawaii? That i an awesome adventure.

Sending you much love Stella. :people_hugging: :people_hugging: :heart:

10 Likes

Congratulations on 2 years @desert_rose :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: awesome work!!!

Iā€™m grateful it is Friday :raised_hands:
Iā€™m grateful to be meeting with my manager in a few weeks to discuss a potential work opportunity.
Iā€™m grateful for a movie night with my daughter.
Iā€™m grateful to have only a few plans for the weekend, nice to have some flexibility with my days.
Iā€™m grateful for all of the gratitude on this thread :kissing_heart:
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

12 Likes

Thank you Jasmine :kissing_heart: Iā€™m holding up so far but my ears and throat are starting to ache :persevere:
Grateful I donā€™t have much planned for the weekend so I can rest up if necessary!

6 Likes

Such great news! Congratulations on 2 years sober, Anna. :cherry_blossom: :tada:

8 Likes

Itā€™s an exceptionally beautiful start of the day here. I am grateful I woke up early early to see it all come into being. Also grateful for strong coffee and some banana bread.
I am grateful I caught up with a friend yesterday. While he drank, I did not feel the need or wish to join in. I am grateful for that.
I am grateful for your check in @Its_me_Stella and sorry to hear you were struggling, but glad you got your tools to work to catch it early. Thank you for sharing it with us :people_hugging: Hope you have a great time away with you kid.

13 Likes

@Its_me_Stella ā€¦ I am grateful also.
Also grateful that you are all right ā€¦ or at least able to travel. I hope you have a wonderful wonderful time w your daughter. Will be thinking about you and sending good stuff through the universe to you. Big hugs, lots of love.

7 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for an early and foggy start to the day looking like we live in clouds
Iā€™m grateful for random bike rides with my son then daughter
Iā€™m grateful for technology free dinner conversation with my family
Iā€™m grateful for after dinner board games instead of screen time
Iā€™m grateful for donating clothes that used to fit but are now too big for me

11 Likes

I canā€™t seem to find the time to post here, but I do read every post and drop likes. It brings me joy (and sometimes sadness) to keep up on everyoneā€™s life.

Iā€™m grateful for all the milestones that are shared. Iā€™m grateful for the determination and hard work you all put into your sobriety. Congratulations on 2 years @desert_rose! :partying_face: :tada:

Iā€™m grateful @Its_me_Stella has the opportunity to take her daughter to Hawaii. What an amazing adventure they will have making new memories. All made possible by sobriety.

Iā€™m grateful for the conveniences I take for granted like running water, electric and heat. We had a power outage for 3 days after terrible storms this week. The estimation to restore was not until early Monday morning. Iā€™m grateful they over estimated, and the repairs were completed late last night.

Iā€™m grateful for the nice gym at work with clean hot showers. Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t hesitate to use their shower at times like this. My family on the other hand, they were stinky. :skunk: :grimacing: :laughing: But I did plan on bringing them to the office today, but grateful that optionā€™s no longer necessary.

Iā€™m grateful the grocery store stocked up on water in advance of the storms. Needed numerous jugs to flush the toilet and brush our teeth. We do live on a lake, so thatā€™s always an option in an emergency.

Iā€™m grateful for a big, beautiful fireplace. We hadnā€™t used it since moving in a year ago, but it sure came in handy this week. That sucker cranks some major heat. Good to know for next winter.

Iā€™m grateful our fridge and freezer werenā€™t well stocked considering everything had to be thrown away. Never thought Iā€™d be grateful for not having an abundance of food in the house.

Iā€™m grateful our corporate audit is finally done. What a stressful week! Not easy when 3 key teammates are out on vacation. Of course, the audit team requested multiple documents on accounts managed by these people, but grateful I was able to locate what they needed. Iā€™m grateful for the dinner I had with this audit team at a fancy restaurant and wasnā€™t pressured to drink. I havenā€™t shared my sobriety with colleagues (yet).

Iā€™m grateful Fridayā€™s earthquake didnā€™t cause any damage for us and the surrounding area. Iā€™m grateful my company has a building engineer that came out immediately to inspect. What a scary experience. The building is all windows and they looked like they were breathing during the quake.

Iā€™m grateful this week is finally over and not once did I think about having a drink or a drug to get through it. I wonā€™t lie, I wanted to escape but these days that means going to bed early.

Thank you all for helping me to stay sober today!

15 Likes

Good morning to all of you. It is Saturday morning and time for me to get back to my gratitude practice.

Iā€™m grateful to be sober now for 890 days! Iā€™m grateful to be free of the cycle of drinking and how it made me feel and how much it controlled my life.

Iā€™m grateful for good health and the ability to do most things I want to do.

Iā€™m grateful for a loving marriage and the journey we are on together to live a life together with peace and love.

Iā€™m grateful for a job I mostly love and the moments of learning that I get to share with my students.

Iā€™m grateful that we are in the last quarter of the school year and that I will have another summer away from work to practice my retirement life. By the time I get to retire I want to be very good at it.

Iā€™m grateful that spring might finally be here as another snowstorm blew through the area earlier this week.

Iā€™m grateful that I got myself back in the swimming pool yesterday. I hope to swim 3 times a week for the next two months as we wind down the school year.

Iā€™m grateful I get a voice in setting up my schedule at work and that some positive changes happened this week.

Iā€™m grateful that my siblings and I are becoming closer as we get older. And Iā€™m amazed and so grateful that we are all making good progress in our sobriety journey.

Iā€™m grateful that I recognized that I need some more help in my recovery and that I reached out for a therapy appointment. Just knowing I have an appointment for myself in June (yes, thatā€™s how long it is for a new patient appointment) is making me feel better. I have some $hit to address re my anger and my mother, so Iā€™m grateful to have the time and space in my life to work on this instead of drink away my feelings.

Iā€™m grateful for Saturday morning and the reasonable ā€œto doā€ list that I face this weekend. And of course Iā€™m grateful to be recovered from the nasty virus that got in the way last weekend.

I will spend some time today reading and responding to other posts. That always makes me even more grateful to be in my own shoes too.

I wish you all peace and the strength to keep working on your recovery. We deserve to be safe and find our way to happiness.

:heart:

15 Likes

Gawd Iā€™m grateful I make a gorgeous cuppa :coffee:
Iā€™m grateful god makes the :coffee: :beans:
Iā€™m grateful god supplies the water.
Iā€™m grateful for electricity and my electric tea kettle and the genius who came up with the idea of the Ember Cup.

Iā€™m grateful Alice is tamping and purring away on me and my blankie. Iā€™m grateful I had some Benson time on my lap earlier this morning.
Iā€™m grateful I get to wake up before any alarm.

Iā€™m grateful for early mornings.
Iā€™m grateful for my morning daily readers.
Iā€™m grateful for my health.
Iā€™m grateful for my wife.
Iā€™m grateful for my pets.
Iā€™m grateful for my children.
Iā€™m grateful the way my parents brought me up.
Iā€™m grateful I am the way I am because of the way my parents brought me up and I donā€™t have to blame or resent them. Iā€™m grateful life happened.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m enjoying my A.A. meetings.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m enjoying my Al-Anon meetings.

Iā€™m grateful I know itā€™s Saturday when I see @LAB checking in. Congratulations on you 890 ODAATs :boom::boom::boom::boom:

Iā€™m grateful I get to walk by the owl in the saguaro today.

:heart: :pray:t2: :coffee: :owl: :cactus:
ā€œLife isnā€™t about waiting for the storm to pass, itā€™s about learning to dance in the rain.ā€
Anonymous

17 Likes

Good morning! Iā€™m glad to be here and sober.
Iā€™m grateful for TS.
Iā€™m glad itā€™s a sunny day.
Iā€™m grateful for my kitties.
Iā€™m grateful my heart is behaving.
Iā€™m grateful I got out for a walk yesterday.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ll walk or even bike today!
Iā€™m grateful for my friends.
Iā€™m grateful for the wood frogs I heard in the swamp near the trail I use nearby.
Glad I have a trail nearby, grateful for the Rails to Trails system all over!
Iā€™m looking forward to hiking a section where there are balsam poplar trees. Gotta harvest some buds for their lovely scent and medicinal properties.
:pray::heart::v:

15 Likes