Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

You are very kind. I will keep all informed of my progress :rainbow::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Monday morning gratitude.
I’m grateful for everything I did yesterday, it was a lot.

TMI hidden
  • meditated in the beauty of a chill morning at sunrise on the balcony :sparkling_heart:
  • deep cleaned one of the litterboxes and parts of the bathroom afterwards
  • clipped the old boy’s claws
  • mowed, fetched logs for the wood stove and molehill soil gor the plants for 1,5 hours
  • heated the wood stove all day (soooo cozy allthough it was partly sunny outside but chill all day)
  • service on TV touched me deeply
  • played with all cats and petted them for hours
  • wanted to make tomorrow me happy and ran the dishwasher in the evening
  • did some minor cleaning
  • seedlings out in the morning and back indoor in the evening
  • knitted a bit
  • listened to piano music while knitting
  • cooked healthy breakfast and enjoyed not so healthy icecream with nuts galore in the afternoon
  • vaccuumed the living room
  • napped
    This was the most I did in one day since I don’t know when. I’m happy and grateful that I had the energy and spent it on so many things. I’m grateful I wasn’t exhausted yesterday, only very tired. I’m grateful I don’t feel like I’ve overdone it today. My thumbs hurt a bit more today so I will take it easy on monday :pray::blush:

I’m grateful the weight loss challenge reminder on my phone told me it’s over. 2,5 kg down in 3 months. Not much but I’m in better shape and have more energy. I’m grateful living on the farm improves my physical, mental and emotional health :pray:

I’m grateful yesterday me is a caring and loving person. Present me was very happy to find the dishes done and the dishwasher finished in the morning.

I’m grateful I feel a deep sense of peace, calmness, equanimity, love and trust when I wake up with two cats on me. I’m grateful I fell asleep again listening to their purring and feeling their warm softness, unable to move.

I’m grateful for delicious tea warming my tummy and making me smile.
I’m grateful for all the ME time I get to have. I’m grateful I know that this would not be possible with a partner, at least my ex. I’m grateful I acknowledge that I need more time. For me. For everything. For babysteps. I’m not done yet. I’m grateful the codependent patterns, thoughts and behaviour are changing. I notice a change. I’m grateful for change. In general.

I’m grateful for living a good life :pray::sunflower: Peace to all sober fellows here :four_leaf_clover: ODAAT

14 Likes

Look at you stacking up those days, congrats on being 16 months sober AND 900 days NF! That’s amazing! :sparkles::star_struck: Think of all the money you saved too! :grinning:

9 Likes

I’m grateful for sticking to healthy routines
I’m grateful for needing to buy smaller clothes
I’m grateful for feeling stronger than before sobriety
I’m grateful for rough play with my kids
I’m grateful they want more

12 Likes

:tomato:I’m grateful for a busy fullfilling day at work. Love my workplace :heart:

:house_with_garden:Grateful, on this very wet day, to come home to my warm, dry house and family

:sleeping_bed:Grateful for last night’s proper deep sleep. Feels like the first good sober sleep.

11 Likes

Thank you Naomi. It feels unreal at times but I am happy to see the days adding up.

Keep up your amazing work too friend… together we are fighting the good fight :muscle:t4::people_hugging:

8 Likes

I’m grateful for my expat friend and the encouragement she gave me today. I’m grateful for a beautiful morning and being able to get in a good ride. I’m grateful for the baike that gave me a ride and his wife who gave me lunch and tea. And for the rain (we really needed it!). I’m grateful that today was an easier day for me. I needed an easy day. I’m grateful to have so many people around me who support me and want to help.

11 Likes

I’m grateful for my friends that help me and don’t judge me

11 Likes

Thank you for this day :pray:
I am grateful @Soberbilly told me about 8-Steps-Recovery. Today I started reading the book and it spoke to me in a very personal way. I am grateful for discovering an online meeting in my time zone at sunday evening. I am very curious to attend.
I am grateful for feeling much better today, starting my day with my morning practice, yoga and meditation. Grateful for feeling stronger and doing a short but activating yoga session in the afternoon.
I am grateful my daughter is feeling better even if she is still rather wobbly walking around.
I am grateful I finally became aware that I have been trying to get away from my discomfort for the last few days in all kinds of ways, through work, thinking, entertainment and with food on the edge. I am grateful I at least did not binge. It‘s exactly like the buddhist teachings say: All that is discomfort and by trying to get away from it, I create suffering. I am very grateful I saw these addictive patterns and experienced how all this thrashing around just makes everything worse, how I am just like a trapped animal wanting to escape the clutches of life itself. I am grateful I know that I want peace instead. Love and peace. I want to recover from all that fighting life.
I am grateful I am slowly finding that peace.
I am grateful for @erntedank showing off her chainsaw on the garden thread and all the other great threads and shares here on TS.
I am grateful I‘ll be off to bed soon.
Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

11 Likes

16 Months AFAF
900 days butt free
IMG_0840
Magnifica!!! My friend :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Im greatful for…

My sobriety
My recovery
I can rely on myself
I will not act out physically even though i want him to hurt as hes hurt me
Boscoe cuddles
Ability to call into work
Chocolate
Sober sisters
Good times will come again

13 Likes

I used to think it was normal to take ages to fall asleep and wake during the night, struggling to fall back to sleep. I’m so very grateful that since sobriety I fall asleep fast and stay asleep. I’m tired from healthy life choices and not pass out drunk :pray::heart:

9 Likes

Im grateful to have friends like that too. They are invaluable :pray::heart:

4 Likes

Grateful for rice cookers!
Grateful for 52 days spent sober and healing.
Grateful for the people here; thank you so much :heart:

13 Likes

Awe thanks friend :hugs:

Butt free :joy: gave me a giggle - thank you :wink:

5 Likes

Congratulations on 16 months @JazzyS , amazing work stacking up those days :partying_face::heart::partying_face:

I’m grateful I could do some yoga today, it felt good to move and to give my body a good stretch.
I’m grateful a colleague told me about the bank/temp. work available at our job. I’ve been low key worrying about summer, when schools break up, because I don’t get paid over the holidays like I did as a teacher. I’m so pleased there’s a relatively easy solution :raised_hands:
I’m grateful to be a week nicotine free and to have the support of wonderful people on here to keep me motivated.
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

11 Likes

Thanks Kiki :hugs:

Glad you found some possible temp work for the summer. Keep stacking up the days yourself girl – kicking some ass :muscle:

4 Likes

I need to start practicing meditation!!! My mind needs the rest and direction from these scattered anxious thoughts.

4 Likes

sorry about the anxious thoughts and feelings – meditation is a game changer. I would highly recommend.

Take a look at some offered in the Meditation for Serenity 2021-2024! (tips, tricks & discussion/ 3 years running woot!)
hopefully something will speak to you and give you the peace / serenity i get from meditating :hugs:

6 Likes

Gratitudes for Monday! Grateful for this community. Grateful for cheesecake. Grateful for a new Anthony Horowitz novel ( he is SO good). Grateful that I finally made an appointment to see a therapist. I see a psychiatrist for my meds, and I’m so grateful to talk to my SMART group and you all, but I think speaking with a therapist will help me be even more grateful for what I do have. Grateful my son went to his senior prom with friends he’s known since preschool and they had a blast. Grateful I was sober when he got home so I could hear about his night and remember the conversation. Grateful my work day is almost over. Grateful that this RSV is finally abating. Have a wonderful night all :purple_heart::white_heart::purple_heart::white_heart:

10 Likes