Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #7

Greatful for

Day 889. Holy moly almost 900 days. Thats surreal but totally made possible obe day at a time and getting thru the crave waves

In love with hubby, a deep appreciation for him
Boscoes companionship
Did the grocery shopping yesterday so i dont have to today
Broadening my horizons
Expanding my consciousness
A kind soul
Positive mental health
Pms didnt kill me this month
Time with my mom
Roygbiv
My senses
Mental healthcare
Our freedoms
Growing spiritually

15 Likes

9 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for this clear cool crisp day and Benson and I saw stars early this morning.
Iā€™m grateful the sun is up and itā€™s still clear and cooler.
Iā€™m grateful yesterday was a good day and only because of my recoveries. if Iā€™m not the problem, thereā€™s no solution

Iā€™m grateful for the movie we watched last night. Thanks again Franzi :pray:t2:

Iā€™m grateful I just looked up to see a big ol crow bending the top branch of the pine tree I can see poking out above the courtyard.

Iā€™m grateful itā€™s so quiet in my hood. Iā€™m grateful you can always hear the bird song or caw caws Iā€™m hearing now as Mr. Crow :bird:ā€:black_large_square: buggers off.

Iā€™m grateful I get to go to a meeting this morning and I get to take the coastal route if I leave a little earlier than I need to. Itā€™s worth it.

Iā€™m grateful Mr. Crow is back caw cawing up the place.
Iā€™m grateful to report no snails this morning.

Iā€™m grateful I found a nice ceramic pot for my San Pedro Cactus.

Iā€™m grateful I only had 2 of Auntie Mā€™s cookies last night :yum: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Grateful for you all
:pray:t2: :black_heart: :jack_o_lantern: :purple_heart: :bird:ā€:black_large_square: :heart:

ā€œTension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.ā€
Chinese Proverb
@Bluekoolaid
This made me think of you this morning.

14 Likes

Iā€™m grateful
-for a great day with my friends

• that my surprise birthday party went well that everyone came and had a good time
  • for hearing from everyone one thing they are grateful for this past year
  • for all the fun stories, songs and games
  • for my friend S who came over early to help prepare food and the such
  • that I am comfortable being open about my sobriety
  • for feeling encouraged today
  • for being tired and knowing that these events even though I love them take the energy out of me and pre-planning for tomorrow morning to be a bit more relaxed
  • for my dogs who are the best and most cute
  • that I have a solid community here
  • for being sober and healthy
  • I missed my Kyrgyz Apa today but am thankful for how much time we had together
15 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to be sober and not up drinking already

Iā€™m grateful to be on the treadmill burning cals and producing endorphines

Iā€™m grateful for the beautiful fall colors outside

Iā€™m grateful for casseroles

Iā€™m grateful for the edit button so i can fix my spelling :crazy_face:

Iā€™m grateful for this thread :two_hearts: odaat

12 Likes

@Matt love that you and your wife sing songs together at the end of the day :two_hearts:
@Lighter grateful that another layer is peeled and you are healing from it. You are growing and getting stronger my friend. I love seeing this all unfold. So happy for you and your journey. I know itā€™s not easy but you my friend are taking the right steps in recovering. Sending love :heart:
@Dazercat are so sweetā€¦2 slugs and you named emā€¦ of course you did :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Beautiful mum too! Grateful that you are in a space with so much to offer in terms of recovery help. :pray:t4:
@naomi always great to see you posting. Wow ā€¦1 year in Decemberā€¦thatā€™s awesome. Canā€™t wait to celebrate that with you. Keep living your best life
@lab so sorry friendā€¦ sorry for your loss, sorry for the suddenness of it all. Sending hugs and comfort :people_hugging:
@EarnIt so grateful that the universe sent a sign. Grateful you managed another day sober. It really is scary how quickly we can lose ourselves with addiction thinking. We are stronger today :muscle:t4:.
@laner happy birthday :birthday: glad you had a good celebration :tada: EDIT-- Just read your check in ā€“ Happy Birthday to all. What a lovely way to celebrate :birthday:
47031a84b5b3a212ed8110ef7971f9c8

Sunday gratefulness
So grateful for being mobile and getting another day on this Earth.
Grateful that I know my dark thoughts come but no longer stay as Iā€™m aware of the signs and have tools to help me stay positive.
Grateful for my family, my HP, my meditation and prayer practices.
Grateful that I finally got my Halloween decorations up. Just need to add the graveyard scene once the community finishes with mowing for the season. Grateful that I am starting to feel the Halloween spirit.

Grateful for laughter! So healing and energizing
Grateful for good food, a comfy home and clean water

Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day. Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

10 Likes

Iā€™ve been quiet lately, and its the grief of losing my Mom keeping me quiet. Time to practice.

Iā€™m grateful for black coffee and cartoon books. Today Iā€™m reading Spy vs. Spy.

Iā€™m grateful for my grief and Iā€™m grateful for Rumiā€™s poem The Guest House.

Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m quick to annoyance and anger lately, it reminds me that what I hold in needs to come out. It also reminds me where the work needs to go.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m practicing the phrase ā€œI feel sadā€. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever said that before but I do feel it, so I will.

Iā€™m grateful for four great siblings. Iā€™m grateful we donā€™t squabble over property or money. That would make all of this so much worse.

Iā€™m grateful for a helpful husband. He isnā€™t perfect but he has known me long enough to step in and tackle the tasks Iā€™m not asking for help with. That is a gift.

Iā€™m grateful for movies. Tonight we will see The Wild Robot in the theater. I read the childrenā€™s book so I know its about growing up and losing a parental figure. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ll cry enough for a release but not enough to scare those around me.

Iā€™m grateful to feel all of this. Alcohol numbs, feeling is a gift. Iā€™m grateful for just today.

15 Likes

I am grateful to be working hard labor for 22 Saturdays. Itā€™s getting me in better shape than Iā€™ve been in for a while. Iā€™m grateful that next Saturday isnā€™t supposed to be 103 degrees like yesterday was. Grateful that there are cooler temps in the forecast.

Grateful that my kids are here and healthy. Grateful for a spouse that holds me accountable.

Grateful for this thread, always :v:

12 Likes

Gratitude for today.

I slept in, did my morning yoga, got on the rower. I am very grateful I learned how to work with my fluctuating energy levels. If I canā€˜t do something I was able to do a few days ago, I just switch gears and try something else. Sometimes itā€˜s running, sometimes itā€˜s lying in bed, sometimes itā€˜s the rower. Very grateful for this new skill of acceptance.

Did my weekly review. Itā€˜s good to see some things coming to an end, others just developing and even others starting to germinate. I am grateful I am prepared for next week.

Went to my daughterā€˜s performance a second time. Yesterday was the premiere and today a matinee. I enjoyed both shows immensly. People of all ages dancing, enjoying moving their bodies to music in a choreography. It was splendid. Very grateful I got to experience that. Also very grateful my daughter has this opportunity and loves performing and dancing so much.

Spend the rest of the day just relaxing after all that excitement. Grateful I have the time for that.

Now the day is coming to an end. Iā€˜ll take it easy and go to bed grateful for this life and for this day.

Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

12 Likes

good morning,
today I am grateful to be a lot more honest to myself. I am grateful for the nice run and conversation I had yesterday. I am grateful for the balance in my girlfirends life, I can learn alot from, and I am grateful to see that living more in the moment and less in urges, is maybe the best thing that can happen to me.

12 Likes

Grateful for sobriety
Grateful for work opportunity
Grateful for potato salad
Grateful to deal with son calmly
Grateful for jokes with daughter
Grateful to avoid rain shower on way home
Grateful for Noisy

12 Likes

Grateful to have a job that challenges me

Grateful for the loving reminders from Jehovah, helping me to move forward.

Grateful i weighted in this morning. I have alot of work to do. but iā€™ve already proven i can drop 30 when i put my mind to it.

Grateful i put my PlayStation in the closet. Challenge: LEAVE IT THERE WILL THE WEEKEND. Allow your 7 to 8 hours of sleep.

Grateful for my inner Fight. I do not give up easily.

Grateful for my babies. They are amazing balls of joy. My son always tells me he looks up to me and wants to be like me. It touches my heart and scares me to death.

10 Likes

Iā€™m grateful :smiling_face:
Iā€™m grateful I got a lot going on this week.
Currently a little apprehensive about things.

Iā€™m grateful I told wifey Iā€™ll bring the cat to the vet after my meeting yesterday and she did it without me. Mavy is sneezing :sneezing_face: Iā€™m very uncomfortable with him being sick. Iā€™m grateful we will do what it takes to get him back in this week if we have too. That and the crystals in his urine sample. Are making me feelā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.
Iā€™m grateful the others seem to be doing well. Iā€™m grateful I can be very flexible and change up the feeding routine in the morning even if it will take me longer now. And all before coffee. Iā€™m grateful there is no rush. And I actually, if this works, get to spend more time watching and waiting on 3 of them eat separately in 2 different spots. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m not worried about the fourth one. B!

Iā€™m grateful we have our big meeting tomorrow and family and people will be in town and there will be 12 of us for dinner tonight somewhere. Iā€™m grateful I usually dread a big dinner like this with people I only see once a year. I still do :upside_down_face: but Iā€™m grateful I know Iā€™ll be all right and I wonā€™t drink. Iā€™m grateful I might even brag about the fact itā€™s been almost 5 years. Iā€™m grateful, I guess, no one knew I had a drinking problem. I was that good at it. Iā€™m grateful if other people in the party get drunk that is not a reflection on me.

Iā€™m grateful I have an appointment with my old cardio guy this after the new one stiffed me 3 fucking times! Again apprehensive, I do hope he calls me at 3 today. I got a meeting with said people above at 4. Iā€™m grateful all that shit is out of my control. Iā€™m grateful I couldnā€™t control any of this shit even if I tried. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s much easier not to even try to control any of this shit.

Iā€™m grateful for Mata Bhavani playing on my speakers this morning and the 2 crows way up high on the 2 tree tops I can see. Iā€™m grateful for the birdsong I can hear as well.

Iā€™m grateful I brought my hiking poles to the beach as I hiked down the steep bluffs to the ocean. Iā€™m grateful the waves were the loudest ever and I was actually frightened a couple of times by the crashing sounds, as I was distracting myself by taking pics and videos. Iā€™m grateful Minnie :seal: popped up to see me in the crashing waves and hung out for a while. Iā€™m grateful I got a good video of her bobbing around in the waves.

Iā€™m grateful for this gratitude practice. I actually had to force all this out. Not sure why. But I got it out here and I guess I can get my day going now.

Iā€™m grateful yā€™all are here and Iā€™ll just have to get caught up later.
:pray:t2: :seal: :heart:

Letting go of someone elseā€™s journey is the most freeing experience we can have today. And itā€™s by far the best gift we can offer someone, too.
Let Go Now

14 Likes

I am grateful knowing that even bad things are not permanent in most cases.
I am alive.
I am breathing.
Three months later, unemployment is still working on getting my money available. I will work on handling it like I did in the beginning. Anger does not help most things - anything.
Grateful that I ate a piece of toast, PB and butter, and a banana.
I am grateful that today, time or not, I will go back and seek answers to smell and taste recovery actions, aromatherapy and food supplementation.

Grateful that I will get things done in a house I have never allowed to get messy. I am grateful for the difference it makes in my ability to move about emotionally.

12 Likes

Just so you know, I am grateful that you have Benson. We have a suburb named that and for whatever reason I cannot remember it. I have always loved that place and I can feed my memory by sayingā€¦ā€œWhatā€™s that dogā€™s name?ā€

7 Likes

Iā€™m grateful

• for good prepwork for the work trip Iā€™m feeling as organized as you can get in this part of the world
  • for cardomon tea
  • for a good conversation with a friend today
  • that my friend will stay at my house while Iā€™m awayā€¦this always makes my dogs happier when I go away
  • for a good hike this morning and seeing the eagles again
  • for being sober and feeling peace despite some anxiety today
12 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
More glad than grateful today I think.
I am glad my colleague brought uncountable number of pears in the office. I can bath in pears.
I am glad the sun came out in the afternoon.
I am glad I walked today.
I am glad the balancing board thing I bought for my standing desk makes standing much better.
I am grateful I have enough.

12 Likes

Gratitude for today.

I am grateful I managed to get up early and send my daughter away.
Grateful I was able to work and finish a part of my work.
Grateful I have meds for my daughters migraines.
Grateful she is old enough to understand her condition and used to it in order to do some self care herself.
Grateful for the wonderful teachers my daughter has.
Grateful for the other parents that came to todayā€˜s meeting.
Grateful I know whatever bothers me will pass, like everything, no matter if itā€˜s pleasure or discomfort.
Grateful for this life.
Grateful for this day.

Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

12 Likes

Having a tough day after a reset, and I canā€™t seem to sustain any happiness today.
Time to remind myself I am grateful for:
-My daughterā€™s health and happiness
-my dreamy home and my ability to pay bills
-my wife who is constantly putting my daughter before herself, and always working to make sure she has everything my daughter needs
-my health (as far as Iā€™m aware!)
-the fact that I have a comfortable bed that I can hopefully get a decent sleep in tonight.

14 Likes

Sending loveā€¦hope the gratitude practice helped :hugs:

4 Likes