Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #7

Grateful to have a job that challenges me

Grateful for the loving reminders from Jehovah, helping me to move forward.

Grateful i weighted in this morning. I have alot of work to do. but i’ve already proven i can drop 30 when i put my mind to it.

Grateful i put my PlayStation in the closet. Challenge: LEAVE IT THERE WILL THE WEEKEND. Allow your 7 to 8 hours of sleep.

Grateful for my inner Fight. I do not give up easily.

Grateful for my babies. They are amazing balls of joy. My son always tells me he looks up to me and wants to be like me. It touches my heart and scares me to death.

10 Likes

I’m grateful :smiling_face:
I’m grateful I got a lot going on this week.
Currently a little apprehensive about things.

I’m grateful I told wifey I’ll bring the cat to the vet after my meeting yesterday and she did it without me. Mavy is sneezing :sneezing_face: I’m very uncomfortable with him being sick. I’m grateful we will do what it takes to get him back in this week if we have too. That and the crystals in his urine sample. Are making me feel……….
I’m grateful the others seem to be doing well. I’m grateful I can be very flexible and change up the feeding routine in the morning even if it will take me longer now. And all before coffee. I’m grateful there is no rush. And I actually, if this works, get to spend more time watching and waiting on 3 of them eat separately in 2 different spots. I’m grateful I’m not worried about the fourth one. B!

I’m grateful we have our big meeting tomorrow and family and people will be in town and there will be 12 of us for dinner tonight somewhere. I’m grateful I usually dread a big dinner like this with people I only see once a year. I still do :upside_down_face: but I’m grateful I know I’ll be all right and I won’t drink. I’m grateful I might even brag about the fact it’s been almost 5 years. I’m grateful, I guess, no one knew I had a drinking problem. I was that good at it. I’m grateful if other people in the party get drunk that is not a reflection on me.

I’m grateful I have an appointment with my old cardio guy this after the new one stiffed me 3 fucking times! Again apprehensive, I do hope he calls me at 3 today. I got a meeting with said people above at 4. I’m grateful all that shit is out of my control. I’m grateful I couldn’t control any of this shit even if I tried. I’m grateful it’s much easier not to even try to control any of this shit.

I’m grateful for Mata Bhavani playing on my speakers this morning and the 2 crows way up high on the 2 tree tops I can see. I’m grateful for the birdsong I can hear as well.

I’m grateful I brought my hiking poles to the beach as I hiked down the steep bluffs to the ocean. I’m grateful the waves were the loudest ever and I was actually frightened a couple of times by the crashing sounds, as I was distracting myself by taking pics and videos. I’m grateful Minnie :seal: popped up to see me in the crashing waves and hung out for a while. I’m grateful I got a good video of her bobbing around in the waves.

I’m grateful for this gratitude practice. I actually had to force all this out. Not sure why. But I got it out here and I guess I can get my day going now.

I’m grateful y’all are here and I’ll just have to get caught up later.
:pray:t2: :seal: :heart:

Letting go of someone else’s journey is the most freeing experience we can have today. And it’s by far the best gift we can offer someone, too.
Let Go Now

14 Likes

I am grateful knowing that even bad things are not permanent in most cases.
I am alive.
I am breathing.
Three months later, unemployment is still working on getting my money available. I will work on handling it like I did in the beginning. Anger does not help most things - anything.
Grateful that I ate a piece of toast, PB and butter, and a banana.
I am grateful that today, time or not, I will go back and seek answers to smell and taste recovery actions, aromatherapy and food supplementation.

Grateful that I will get things done in a house I have never allowed to get messy. I am grateful for the difference it makes in my ability to move about emotionally.

12 Likes

Just so you know, I am grateful that you have Benson. We have a suburb named that and for whatever reason I cannot remember it. I have always loved that place and I can feed my memory by saying…“What’s that dog’s name?”

7 Likes

I’m grateful

• for good prepwork for the work trip I’m feeling as organized as you can get in this part of the world
  • for cardomon tea
  • for a good conversation with a friend today
  • that my friend will stay at my house while I’m away…this always makes my dogs happier when I go away
  • for a good hike this morning and seeing the eagles again
  • for being sober and feeling peace despite some anxiety today
12 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
More glad than grateful today I think.
I am glad my colleague brought uncountable number of pears in the office. I can bath in pears.
I am glad the sun came out in the afternoon.
I am glad I walked today.
I am glad the balancing board thing I bought for my standing desk makes standing much better.
I am grateful I have enough.

12 Likes

Gratitude for today.

I am grateful I managed to get up early and send my daughter away.
Grateful I was able to work and finish a part of my work.
Grateful I have meds for my daughters migraines.
Grateful she is old enough to understand her condition and used to it in order to do some self care herself.
Grateful for the wonderful teachers my daughter has.
Grateful for the other parents that came to today‘s meeting.
Grateful I know whatever bothers me will pass, like everything, no matter if it‘s pleasure or discomfort.
Grateful for this life.
Grateful for this day.

Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

12 Likes

Having a tough day after a reset, and I can’t seem to sustain any happiness today.
Time to remind myself I am grateful for:
-My daughter’s health and happiness
-my dreamy home and my ability to pay bills
-my wife who is constantly putting my daughter before herself, and always working to make sure she has everything my daughter needs
-my health (as far as I’m aware!)
-the fact that I have a comfortable bed that I can hopefully get a decent sleep in tonight.

14 Likes

Sending love…hope the gratitude practice helped :hugs:

4 Likes

So sorry for the loss of your friend. So glad you and spouse can work so well together.

5 Likes

:rainbow:I’m grateful for
:rainbow:Enlightenment and knowing the things I must change to grow
:rainbow:Strength to change the things I can
:rainbow:My emotions for showing me even though change causes me fear I must abandon it so I can move forward
:rainbow:My higher power, TS and the people who share so I no longer feel alone frightened and stagnated but filled with courage , hope and vision
:rainbow:Counting my many blessings
:rainbow:For the many sober days now that I thought impossible to obtain
:rainbow: for understanding living in the present and that one day at a time I’m becoming a better human

11 Likes

:snail: I’m grateful for @19801 colorful gratitude list.
:snail: I’m grateful I love a new idea for the gratitude thread
:snail: I’m grateful I saw Ross and Rachel this morning on my mum. I’m always surprised at how fast they move. When I’m not looking.
:snail: I’m grateful we had a nice meeting yesterday and a lovely dinner out.
:snail: I’m grateful it was so much easier to talk to some people I haven’t seen in 5 years or so without a drink.
:snail: I’m grateful my old cardiologist called me 7 hours early yesterday for our scheduled phone call and he was great! I’m grateful he recommended a colleague here in TO to be my GP.
:snail: I’m grateful I called right away and was able to get an appointment with her on Halloween :ghost:
:snail: I’m grateful I got new dentist lined up and old dermatologist lined up.
:snail: I’m grateful I got my new insurance this quarter.
:snail: I’m grateful I got up early for my new little feeding routine and it worked again.
:snail: I’m grateful the coffee was good. No GREAT!!
:snail: I’m grateful if I stop now I can get Benson out for a walk and be back in time to get ready to go to my meeting.
:snail: I’m grateful to have seen family and friends last night and will today at the meeting and after.
:snail: I’m grateful for you all.
:snail: :pray:t2: :heart: :snail:

If I waited until I had all my ducks in a row, I’d never get across the street. Sometimes you just have to gather up what you’ve got and make a run for it.
Daily Quote on
Todays Hope .com

15 Likes

Great gratitude list @Dazercat and :snail: here’s Your ducks in a row :duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck:

6 Likes

Good morning! Looks like you got all the medical professionals in your quiver.

Good for you. I hope you only need them standing by just in case. :snail:

6 Likes

Gratitude for today.

I am grateful my daughter’s migraine did not worsen since yesterday. Grateful we are getting better at dealing with it.
I am grateful I had more energy today. Energy and focus to move forward on my work, energy to do nice a yoga session in the afternoon.
Very grateful for the yoga session. I missed this these last days where I just felt like everything was too much.
My ex came over and we did a Deep Listening exercise together. It was a wonderful experience to feel heard. I am very grateful for this experience. I know I want this from a future relationship.
My cohost from Recovery Dharma has to be evacuated once again due to the hurricane. I am very grateful I don’t have that kind of dread over my head. I am grateful I can be of some little help.
I am grateful the day is coming to an end, with reading, relaxing and soon to bed.
I am grateful for this life and grateful for this day.

Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

17 Likes

Tuesday gratitude.
I’m grateful the divorce is finished, the finances are settled. A few more weeks and this chapter of my life is finally over.
I’m grateful I know I have to sit with my feelings, they too shall pass. One day at a time. I’m grateful I can share my feelings here and get hugged :people_hugging: Are you affected by a loved one who’s an addict? - #1771 by erntedank

I’m grateful the mechanics drove the big tractor to the garage. I don’t even know how to start that thing. We had fun pulling the mechanics servicetruck back on the street with the tractor. You can go downhill easily on my farm, but back up … that’s a different challenge. God bless tractors and people who can handle them. I’m grateful they will have a look at the dumper too. Holy Moly this thing made noises and produced smolder when they started and moved it :see_no_evil:
I’m not in good shape emotionally, I feel helpless facing all this logistic here, repair needs there, not knowing what I even should use this stuff for. One day at a time. Step by step. The universe will show me what to do :pray:

I’m grateful for naps on the couch with a nice fire in the stove. I’m grateful for food delivery, cooking was not within today’s energy ressources. The food tasted mediocre. I was not satisfied.

I’m grateful this day is over. I’m tired, exhausted, feel lonely and needy. I’m decompressing after all this stress. Tomorrow is another day :pray:

17 Likes

Thank you. I needed to hear that right now :palms_up_together:

8 Likes

Ah love …a big step in the right direction and I’m sure many emotions will be released as you close out this chapter. You are a strong woman! Allow yourself to feel all the feelings and heal properly. All your feelings are valid.

Here if you need to talk it out. Definitely sending love and loads of hugs :people_hugging::people_hugging::heart:. Tomorrow indeed is another day :pray:t4:

9 Likes

This is so hard to do today. That’s why I gotta do it. I can be grateful for sadness. When it passes I feel a lot better than before it showed up. I’m not used to everything being so real, sometimes. I mean it’s right there in your face all the time. Whatever it is. Sometimes there are these monster things you can’t control and can’t numb out. No anesthesia! It will pass. Life is nothing like it felt today.

For being sober because that sets me up for success. Peace and calm will return.

For the resources to take another trip to the mountains in 2 weeks. Quaking aspens and pine trees. Snow is starting in the higher elevations. I won’t let the sadness of the past overcome me. It made an appearance now it’s time to let it go. Might get snowshoes. Snowshoes fix everything.

For the people who have stayed with me. I’m really grateful for them.

For new opportunities that I don’t even know about yet. You kind of get to unlock a new level if you keep playing Sober. This new thing comes along, something you hadn’t thought of. I’ve had one and now I’m a volunteer police recruit :laughing:. Thinking of starting a business, and I might do a bit of contract work. I really need to keep my chin up! Who knows what else will pop up.

For ever loving Fall that isn’t here yet! One week. And it will be fantastic :jack_o_lantern: I haven’t been into it with July temps. I need to start shopping. Rumor has it deer eat chrysanthemums. Those effing deer…haha. And pumpkins. I’ll have to get a zombie :zombie:

For you. Thank you for holding me up :heart:

16 Likes

Grateful Today
224 days sober
No crutches needed this morning (still really stiff but walking)
Clean kitchen
Completed Accounting Tasks
Made it to gym for pool exercise
Weather has been perfect
A hold on a deposit was lifted today so no longer overdrawn. Boy hubby mad at me!
Clean bed to crawl into soon.

13 Likes