Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #7

I’m grateful for my sobriety and the calmness that it brings. So much less chaos, anxiety and drama now that alcohol is out of the picture.

I’m grateful that my sig otha is on this journey with me and doing well in his recovery.

I’m grateful for bubly waters and fresh salads.

I’m grateful to be exercising regularly again.

I’m grateful for matching flannel pajama sets and cuddle time with all the fur babes.

I’m grateful for this gratitude practice and for meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: :two_hearts:

12 Likes

Grateful for sobriety
Grateful for subsidized healthcare
Grateful I pooped out the barium no problem
Grateful for fun class
Grateful for husband suggesting eating out
Grateful for son studying
Grateful for daughter being social
Grateful to be up to date with work
Grateful for cooler weather

12 Likes

Today i am greatful for…

My recovery
My sobriety
Im not chained to a harmful habit with no hope
Hope
No hangovers
Saving monies
The AA program
Growing spiritually
Community
Hot coffee
Family
The serenity prayer

13 Likes

:seal: I’m grateful for my mornings.
:seal: I’m grateful for my coffee.
:seal: I’m grateful for Saraswati my little goddess of education, creativity and music :notes:
:seal: I’m grateful I get to go to my beach AA meeting this morning.
:seal: I’m grateful I can get in a beach hike after.
:seal: I’m grateful I can get lunch.
:seal: I’m grateful I can hit up my Al-Anon meeting on the way home from it all.
:seal: I’m grateful for my recoveries
:seal: I’m grateful for nice dinners with family I haven’t seen for a while.
:seal: I’m grateful Mavy is feeling better. Still sneezing but not as much. But his attitude is much better cat like :smirk_cat:
:seal: I’m grateful wifey can still take him to the vet on her own.
:seal: I’m grateful for y’all
:pray:t2: :seal: :heart:

14 Likes

I’m grateful

• for good work meetings today. We got a lot of good work done and hope to finish it tomorrow
  • for being able to get some alone time in the afternoon to recharge
  • for the wonderful coffee I had today and that I bought a lot of coffee to bring home so my rations last longer
  • for being able to meet with these Kazakh people who shared with me about their recovery as alcoholics and what is happening in their area. They told about the AA meeting they started and it was exciting to hear about. It was encouraging and we are hoping to connect again in the future and to keep in contact.
  • for the friend I’m staying with who is a great host
  • that I live in a little village not a big city like Almaty (a few days here would probably drive me a bit crazy also I get this anxiety when I’m not in the mountains) but I’m grateful for a short visit
  • that I’m sober and healthy
15 Likes

Wednesday gratitude.

Yeah to “tomorrow is another day” and thank you all for your hugs, being there and that we help each other by sharing :hugs:

I’m grateful

• for good, restful sleep
  • for instant changes of plans because my long covid mushbrain forgot something
  • for the mechanics waiting patiently for me and being understanding and nice
  • for my dumper starting instantly and my little tractor I like so much
  • for the ex removing further stuff and his last vehicle
  • for having a day to myself due to plan changes and doing absolutely nothing beside some organizing discussions, putting out the recycling paper bin and dumping the logs in front of the furnace room. Yeah me! The first time using the driveway with my tractor :+1:
  • for catlove, purrs and cuddles
  • for a beautiful autumn day
  • for rest & naps
  • for freedom & peace
  • for tea galore
  • for good people in my life, friends, neighbours, pals, workers, my ex too

I’m grateful I feel more stable today, allthough all the stuff going on & around me in my life changes everything that’s not 100% stable like a whirlwind, twister, hurricane … or at least it feels like that.

I’m grateful I have enough, a safe home, love in my life, kindness and faith that the universe will take care of everything I don’t feel able to. Everything is all right, nothing to worry about, a new chapter of my life began and it’s perfectly ok to have a smooth transition, there’s no need for any cut. Step after step, one thing after another, letting the old go, welcoming the new, bearing the inbetween, the grief, sadness, the curiosity, uncertainity, the open and the finished. Life is change and this major lifechange reached its last phase, where there is less to let loose and more new & different to come. I’m grateful that today was better than yesterday and tomorrow is another day. ODAAT :pray:

13 Likes

I’m grateful I’ve been waking up early, maybe I’m finally rested.
I’m grateful for coffee, black delicious coffee.
I’m grateful for strawberry waffles with peanut butter, maybe I eat breakfast today, maybe I don’t but knowing its an option fills me with gratitude.
I’m grateful my Mom is at rest. I don’t believe in heaven but for a reunification story between her and my Dad I will believe. I can feel them looking down on me today.

I’m grateful I have friends, family and my husband for my Mom’s funeral this weekend. The older I get the less I like crowds, or blast from the past reunions or organized religion. I’ll be grateful to have people around who know me and love me.

I’m grateful Kleenex makes travel packs.
I’m grateful I’ll test drive my new waterproof mascara on Friday night before I wear it all day Saturday and cry my eyes out.

I’m grateful my friends suggested dinner on Sunday after all of this is over. My inclination is to sit on the couch when connection is what I really need. Crying with people is normal and I’m on a weekend mission to normalize sadness. I think I can get that done in 3 days right?

I’n grateful I finally understand that drinking brings fuck all to the table. A drink would make everything I am feeling and going through 10,000 times worse. Alcohol sucks, bring on the grief so I can make room for the gratitude. 🩷 I’m grateful for this space.

16 Likes

Gratitude for today.

Woke up early, did some yoga and got on the rower. Grateful to have the energy back and grateful I have the rower, cause I would not have gotte out in the dark and rain to run. So rowing it is for the darker season.

Went to couple‘s counseling. It was hard work. Any therapy is hard work. I am grateful for it though. I am learning a lot about myself, about my part in the dissolution of my marriage, about my own patterns, about what I want and need in a relationship. Very grateful for this opportunity.

My mum came to pick up my daughter and take her to her dance school. Her migraine was persistent today, but they had a viewing of their performance and she enjoyed the time there. I am so grateful for my mum being there, for her helping out every way she can, for the great relationship I have with her, the great relationship my daughter and her have, for my daughter being able to attend the viewing and have fun with her friends and team mates.

Last week was a total downer energy wise. This week has improved masively. I had not only the energy to do my morning workout but also for my yoga class this afternoon. I am extremely grateful for that. Not being able to move, workout and do sports is always a massive drain on my mental health.

I was asked to step in to cohost a Dharma meeting for someone who had to be evacuated due to the hurricane in Florida. I am grateful I can be of some little help.

I am grateful for the way life changes, I am grateful for this day.

Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

16 Likes

Grateful that days that are hard will not live forever.
Grateful that someday I will smell, taste and be able to cry again.
Grateful that I have a strong heart, regardless what I have been through my heart is tough as hell. I am sure I get that from my father or his side of the family. Pretty much have never been issues with that on that side.
Grateful my brain is maniacal and when directed appropriately it can do most things.
Grateful for that guy who makes this thread seem necessary. Some of you, I have watched and read for a long time. There’s something to be said about being in this forum since 2016.
Grateful for a huge fall of desire to write that book I have always wanted to write. Perhaps I should push my brain there?!? Who knows…

13 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful I slept better tonight. I have been thinking about my jaw and the pain is bothering me a lot.
I am grateful it didn’t rain today.
I am grateful for some nice and also productive talks at work.
I did a test online which finds out where you come from depending on which words you use. It hit almost right. 15 km away. I am grateful I can be fascinated easily. :grimacing:
I am grateful for a walk with my colleague during lunch break.
I am grateful I have enough.
I am excited that my leasing bike is ready. :sunglasses: We are going to meet soon.

14 Likes

I’m grateful for
:crescent_moon: @Dazercat appreciating my rainbow s
:crescent_moon:Being appreciative
:crescent_moon:my fitness class last night
:crescent_moon:feeling the burn today
:crescent_moon:understanding I needed a rest today and going with it
:crescent_moon:My Book getting finished ( that never happen in the madness ):pray:t2:
:crescent_moon:Having a new book to read
:crescent_moon: Speaking with my daughter this evening and making plans (she didn’t like my plans and changed my plans but today that’s ok. today I don’t have a resentment over it and I can happily go with her’s )
:crescent_moon: Not using my own self-will and self-pity and allowing others thier own choices
:crescent_moon: My wonderful hot shower
:crescent_moon:The weather we have in England and knowing that a lot of people in this world are not so lucky
:crescent_moon: My Grammar and that it’s improving (sometimes )the longer my sobriety is sustained
:crescent_moon:My warm bed to sleep in tonight
:crescent_moon:My friends on TS​:heart::people_hugging::kissing_heart:

12 Likes

Not sure if you mentioned before - is your jaw issue due to TMJ? Have you gotten anywhere with your dentist? Mine offered PT for the jaw muscles and also got a night splint to wear (called Silent Nite - you can google it) that helps open up the jaw at night and helps reduce pain. Not sure if this will help with what you are dealing with but wanted to share in case it does.

6 Likes

Wednesday gratefulness :hugs: - sharing with all you beautiful souls. I want in on this new style @19801 and @Dazercat

:jack_o_lantern: resting when my body needs to rest
:jack_o_lantern: setting up Facebook marketplace to sell some of my larger items that are being stored at my parents place
:jack_o_lantern: realizing scams when they happen and shutting that BULLSHIT down
:jack_o_lantern: my mom making a lovely dinner which I was able to enjoy when I went to try and sell the bedroom set
:jack_o_lantern: for having enough energy to go and meet the person interested in the bedroom set
:jack_o_lantern: homemade bread that I made yesterday. Turned out amazingly well and luckily I was able to remove the baked on wax paper (forgot to grease it before baking)
:jack_o_lantern: for my family
:jack_o_lantern: for my Higher Power
:jack_o_lantern: for my faith in my body’s ability to heal and continue to recover
:jack_o_lantern: for this community!

Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening – sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

12 Likes

Yes, and yes and yes to all :grimacing: I am using a night splint since forever and last week have been at the dentist. PT appointment in 2 weeks. And mrt in February :joy: the next one available. I ordered a splint I can use during daytime. I’ll see if this helps.

9 Likes

I am grateful today

Mobility returning
AA MEETING and my home group
Very productive with my work
On top of laundry and winning
Great nights sleep!
Good food
I am not in storms path and pray for those that are
Woody liked the cheap food I got to hold him over until tomorrows delivery
I am enough. Actually I am the better person I always wanted to be. Still striving to be better with the help from GOD
for those who show love for me

10 Likes

Oh man I’m sorry you’re dealing with TMJ too. The appointment is so far out. Not sure if your system allows for you to be in a cancellation list so you can get an earlier appointment in case someone cancelled?

Glad you have a night splint. Mine helps to some degree when it is usable. I ended up shattering the first one within 6 months due to grinding and my new one I’ve managed to break all the bands and am waiting for new ones. Luckily I have my mouth guard as a back up. This is what I use during the day for now but I like your idea of getting a split appliance for the day. I’ll look into that as well - do hope it helps.

Wishing you relief with your jaw pain.

9 Likes

Im so very greatful for

A new day
My growing recovery
Im chairing my ladies mtg tonight
Time to work at work, less mtgs
Boscoe cuddles
Hubby and my growing communication
Sunshine
Crisp fall air
Hope
Hot coffee
This community and all the awesome recovering addicts i call friends

12 Likes

Grateful that I am here.
Grateful that no matter what things seem, reality generally ends up better, even in the long run.
Grateful that my son is going to a concert tonight. Though I can’t go, I am glad he is still able to with friends.
Grateful for much I don’t acknowledge. Sometimes it doesn’t come forward and I need to bring it and see it.

12 Likes

For this place today. I did not sleep last night, and am being knocked around by PTSD symptoms. I have made a ton of progress but suddenly, I had a setback yesterday that caught me off guard. My heart and thoughts raced, Adrenaline wouldn’t stop. I relived it for hours. Now it’s another day, and I am here taking care of myself. My mind and body. I’m going to come out of this. Soon.

12 Likes

:smirk_cat: I’m grateful Mavy is doing well. Much better. Back to normal almost.
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful he turned the faucet on twice this morning impatiently waiting for me to feed him. He’s back! :smirk_cat:
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful my slight headache is not a hangover and it’s probably from too many sugar free chocolates I ate last night.
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful for my long ass day yesterday of early AA meeting at the beach. Hike at the beach. Lunch and an Al-Anon meeting on the way home. Full day.
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful I got 8 hours sleep with only one wake up to pee.
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful the headache isn’t too bad.
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful for Tylenol
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful for no plans today.
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful I’m cooking bacon in the oven for wifey while I do my gratitude.
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful for BT sandwiches later. We got no L.
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful for the beach video I sent Julie and we’ve had a nice time on WhatsApp catching up by voice message.
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful she told me the history of why the Brits put butter on sandwiches :sandwich:
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful it’s foggy and cold this morning.
:smirk_cat:I’m grateful I guess Ross is going solo on the Mum and Rachel past by my end table at my feet. :smile_cat: guess they’re on a break! :smiley_cat:
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful for Friends.
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful to see the excitement on my wife when she went into the house and smelled the bacon cooking.
:smirk_cat: I’m grateful I remembered to let it cool in the refrigerator so Mavy doesn’t run off with a piece :scream_cat:
:pray:t2: :smirk_cat: :heart:

I am grateful not only for sobriety, but for the quality of life my sobriety has brought.
AA Daily Reflections

12 Likes