Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #7

Grateful today

My sobriety
Healthy mind and body
House tidy
Responsibilities completed for now
I have what I need and it is enough

14 Likes

Grateful tonightā€¦for my comfy mattress. A plethora of plump pillows. AC and fans. Grateful to read so much gratutude from you all. Truly warms the cockles :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

grateful to be alive, healthy and not alone :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Grateful to be sober. Itā€™s been the kind of week or so where I would have drank my body weight to ignore the bigger weight of my mind.

But Iā€™m grateful for people who listen to you.
Iā€™m grateful for grace and pause.
Iā€™m grateful for a cooler day today.
Iā€™m grateful for my partner
Iā€™m grateful for my fur sons, they are sweet babies.

18 Likes

Iā€™m very grateful for my first week clean im grateful for the sunshine today and nice clean clothes to wear Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m not waking up on the street s this morning with no memory Iā€™m grateful for this 24 hours

17 Likes

I am greatful forā€¦

Decent sleep
Hubby waking up early to take a family walk b4 i head out on vacation w/o em
Boscoe cuddles
Protein cookies
Mindfulness
My sobriety and recovery
Aa meetings online if needed
I get to road trip with mom and dad
Internet
Patience
Love
Joy

16 Likes

Iā€™m so fucking grateful :smiling_face:
The 2 humming birds out my window.
Beautiful chanting music by Paz
Mavy time on my lap.
A splendid cup of coffee.
The Ol Burner on the couch.
My peeps here at TS
My turmeric ginger hot tea.
My sound bar quit working :cry: canā€™t figure it out but itā€™s ok.
Other ways to listen to music.
I can figure it out later.

Iā€™m grateful for the test presently to keep me in a good mood and not worry about it.

I can listen to it right off my iPhone.
Technology when it works
Mavy back on my lap.
Getting the Burner out early before itā€™s too hot.
Getting Alice filled up before therapy at 9.
Ottoman delivery today
House getting cleaner by the day
Mercedes keyā€™s arenā€™t lost.
Mercedes keys are in Dallas :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
My son and family want to move back to California.
All cars California registered, smog checked, and insured.
Gratitude
:pray:t2::heart:

Replace your judgments with empathy, upgrade your complaining to gratitude, and
trade in your fear for love.

Hal Elrod

18 Likes

Hello Grats!

• Iā€™m grateful this morning. Got out for my first large social event last night- a neighborhood party. I thought it was safe because it was centered around ice cream. Safer, yes. Heavily attended by tons of unfamiliar people. I smelled alcohol coming from the travel mugs. Yes. I am grateful it smelled so strong and poisonous! I did not want any. I worried that there would be beer there. It turns out there was none, but I had NO desire to drink!

• Grateful I was able to talk with people again, and make them laugh. Iā€™m sharper because Iā€™m sober. I remember kinda being this person before. Because I was sober for a long time. Itā€™s coming back and itā€™s fabulous. It takes a long fucking time! I could not be funny drinking. Goofy and sloppy, yes. I love the person Iā€™m becoming - this way of life is worth it.

• Grateful for the ability to step back today and process. I got an invitation to go to a bar tonight and I need to cancel. A local person is performing. Too soon for happy hour with new people. I may never want to go to that environment. I just know itā€™s too early! 5 months sober?

• Grateful I can be intentional and do some journaling about my new wobbly legs and where Iā€™m headed. Easy does it. Itā€™s easy to get swept away. Being intentional is what is needed. Who? Why? Is it safe? Do I need to put myself in that situation? Before, I was impulsive and just went wherever the drinking people went.

• Grateful I am at this point. It has been a lonely 5 months. I had to basically drop out. Nobody and nothing was safe. Now itā€™s still scary but I can start navigating this new world of people.

• Grateful for hope today. That I wonā€™t have to suffer the loneliness of alcoholism any more. Even in a large group of people, I felt alone and apart. It cuts you off from the world and from the spirit.

• Grateful my eyes are clear and I look better. My hair is healthy and Iā€™ve lost all the beer bloat. New people donā€™t know! I was treated differently. Not that it was terrible before but I like it

• Grateful for 146 days and all of you :heart:

17 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to be here today exactly where I am.
I celebrated my 80 days sober from a crazy long life of drugs and booze by taking all of my stickers off my guitar case. It was loaded with breweries/pubs and beer. I no longer want to market that representation of myself. Was a wild ride for sure.
So grateful for this place, you all, and my sobriety

18 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for this as well. Love that youā€™re here. Keep going

7 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for feeling like Iā€™m coping with my bad days and emotions better. Iā€™m grateful for a beautiful sunny day and being able to have a long walk this morning and then be able to sit outside in the sun while doing some translation work. Iā€™m grateful for watermelon and raspberries. Iā€™m grateful for good music that helps me stay grounded and helps me relax. Iā€™m grateful for a friend who cares for me. Iā€™m grateful that I didnā€™t drink today and that tomorrow I wonā€™t be hungover. Iā€™m grateful that Iā€™m growing and working on myself and getting healing- it sucks and brings up a bunch of krap but itā€™s krap I need to deal with. Iā€™m grateful that I have hope. Iā€™m grateful for being healthy, alive and safe.

16 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for being healthy and be able to take looooong walks and shorter runs. Iā€™m grateful that Iā€™m sober and I donā€™t have to experience hangovers anymore. Iā€™m grateful I have a firm relationship with God.

14 Likes

Today I am grateful for:

• My Sobriety (LOL) - but for real extremely grateful
  • My son who is gaming beside me (Roblox) - Fun times but so humbling in the same way
  • FOOOOD - I have been snacking ALL dayā€¦

A lot to be grateful for honestly, just a few to name off the dome.

17 Likes

Today I am grateful for:

• great cycling weather
  • wonderful bike rides
  • nice food
  • relaxing resting places
  • getting inside the very moment it started to rain
  • the view from my room
  • anime
  • books
  • Recovery Dharma
  • this life
  • this day

Steep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

18 Likes

Today I am grateful to wake up. Iā€™m grateful for the roof over my head. And Iā€™m grateful for the sense of community this app provides.

17 Likes

Today I am grateful for the library and museum being in the town I visited today I am grateful I could live in the moment today And not worry about tomorrow Iā€™m grateful for the service I could do at my afternoon meeting Iā€™m grateful all my buses were on time today

16 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and hangover free.

I am grateful for the short little walk I did tonight before work. One step at a time.

I am grateful itā€™s never too late to change your path.

I am gratefule for AA and TS and for this wonderful thread :two_hearts:

16 Likes

Gratitudes for Wednesday, 7/25/24

Grateful for this cold brew from Starbucks.
Grateful Iā€™m somewhat recovered from my coldā€¦not quite 100% but functionable.
Grateful to be back to work.
Grateful for Popsicles.
Grateful for Noahā€™s Bagels :bagel:.
Grateful for Barnes and Noble. :books:
Grateful for journaling. :notebook:
Grateful Momā€™s able to walk again.
Grateful I have nothing to fear when called in for random drug/alcohol screens at work.
Grateful Iā€™m still crushing it with sobriety.
Grateful to have a few minutes of ā€œchill timeā€ to myself right now.
Grateful to have a job I like.
Grateful to be in a good place in my life.

:pray:

16 Likes

Congratulations @M-be-free49 for the 5 Sober Birthdays! Thatā€™s huge!!!
Cake w candle for each year and one to grow on.

IMG_3480

12 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatfulā€¦

Im sober with zero hangovers
Im content not drinking
We arrived safe and in good time at our extended familys cabin
Sleeping bags and a great air mattress
Love
Hugs from family i havent seen for a very long time
My cousins being surprised at how i look this year after losing 30lbs since they saw me last
Childlike joy and giggles
Video calls with hubby

13 Likes