Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #7

Thank you Steve :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Thanks Jazzy :grinning:

2 Likes

I am grateful 99 days sober. Grateful husband got me back to Red Bluff. Grateful I am able to really recover from 2nd surgery.

13 Likes

Kelly is a lucky lady and youā€™re a lucky man, congratulations on 41 years of marriage Wow. Im grateful for connection. Iā€™m grateful for humor and laughter, even spme memeā€™s. Iā€™m grateful for support that I get to give and receive. Iā€™m grateful for my sponsor and sponsee. Iā€™m grateful for developing a willingness to attempt to have a growing understanding of a higher power.

p.s. Donā€™t quit before the miracle, or after. Ya you!!

14 Likes

Congratulations on your 99 days of sobriety Lam

I hope for you a speedy recovery for your 2nd surgery.
:pray:t2: :balloon:

4 Likes

Grateful for the sobriety meeting I was able to attend this morning. I get a lot from speaking with the guys at the meeting: it means a lot to open up and share; to give up our addiction thinking and to sympathize with each other.

Grateful for my wife, who cooked some delicious liver tonight. I havenā€™t had liver in years. My mom cooked it when I was young; it reminds me of her and of my childhood at home.

Grateful for the kind folks here on Talking Sober, who understand. Thx guys :pray: :innocent:

11 Likes

@Dazercat Happy Anniversary! :tada: 41 years is really something :sparkles: Happy for you two and the bond you share :heart:

Today was pretty rough, but Iā€™m grateful forā€¦

-The AC in my car
-Finally being home from work
-Sitting down for the first time in 8 hours
-The storm headed my way
-My supportive friends at work
-Something fun to look forward to
-My fans
-My kitties
-My bed
-Sleep

12 Likes

Thank you Laura.

Thank you Brian.
@I.cant.We.can
Appreciate it.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

I hope everyone had an amazing day!!! @Dazercat congrats on 41 years! Thatā€™s amazing! I really hope I get there with my husband :crossed_fingers:t2: just about 15 years so far.
Iā€™m grateful for trendy music thatā€™s on the radio considering my commute to and from work has doubled.
Iā€™m grateful that my youngest was able to go to summer school and although he has never ridden on a bus before he was not afraid and had a great first day at summer school!
Iā€™m grateful that my husband and I had a really nice time hanging out with each other and we kept it pretty neutral when it came to conversations so that we didnā€™t end up saying something that might upset the other. It was really nice to sit and talk to him!
Iā€™m grateful for ibuprofen because I have had a killer headache the last 2 days and finally seems to be getting better. Being at my new store I gotta figure out how I can get myself to hydrate more often throughout the workday and figure out a second time frame
I can break away from the floor and eat somethingā€¦ only eating 1 time in over 12 hours on top of minimal sleep, caffeine, and not drinking enough water my body does not like it! lol
Iā€™m grateful for routines! I just need to find my new routine in my new store! Iā€™ll get there soon!
Good night everyone! I hope everyone has a restful nights sleep!!

11 Likes

Today I am grateful for;

-Birdsong outside my open window, it never grows old.
-The strong smell thatā€™s coming in from somewhere, itā€™s not a pleasant smell, but it does remind me that my sense of smell has returned after being absent for so long during and after active addiction.
-The amazing human body and all of itā€™s functions, it really is miraculous.
-Electricity, that powers my SAD lamp, my mobile phone, the kitchen light (no windows), my kettle, and my fridge, all things I use on a daily basis.
-Inventors that created all of these electronic gadgets, devices, and utilities.
-Nature and all of itā€™s wonder, despite the lack of Sunshine, the trees all have green leaves all over them and look very healthy, Nature really knows what itā€™s doing.
-Entertainment (books, music, TV shows, etc) they help me, each in their own ways.
-This TS forum, and everyone here, for always helping me to feel less alone.
-My two cats, one who just politely asked me to raise the edge of his blanket so he could go to nap underneath it. The other, who will not-so-politely demand me to hand-feed him some of his cat grass.
-Sobriety, which saved me from myself.

šŸ©µ

14 Likes

Day 24

Iā€™m very grateful for @Tragicfarinelli. Thank you for the conversation last night. I needed to hear those words and woke up with softness and understanding in my heart.

Iā€™m stronger today than I was yesterday and youā€™re a part of that. Thank you very much!

15 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful forā€¦

My sobriety
My recovery
My new sponsor
Hot coffee
My fav home group tonight
Forward thinking
A day without meetings
Sunshine
Learning patience
Progress
My family

11 Likes

No problem. Fear can make us feel small. Stand tall and believe in your own ability to cope. We canā€™t change the unexplainable.

Iā€™m glad you are ok, I hope your wife understands. :heart:

9 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to start my morning off on TS with gratitude first.
Iā€™m so grateful for the text message and eleven pic that Norma made for my son, with some help from mommy, because he is 11 years sober today. Iā€™m grateful heā€™s over come or has learned to manage his dual diagnosis of addiction and bipolar by not drinking and staying on his meds and doing his therapy work.

Iā€™m grateful 11 years ago on our anniversary, after he had relapsed for a week, after he had been 1 year sober, and he got himself checked back in at his rehab for a refresher week in Utah. Iā€™m grateful he did this all on his own. Iā€™m grateful he is a wonderful Father. Iā€™m grateful for the video his wife sent of him and Norma singing a duet for the first time in the crib in the morning :smiling_face_with_tear: Iā€™m grateful he doesnā€™t mind me sharing any of his story with people as addiction and mental illness also need to come out of the closet.

Iā€™m grateful for my family and their recovery. Well, 3 out of 4 ainā€™t bad.

Iā€™m grateful my wife and I got out for an anniversary dinner late last night after the plumbers finally left.

Holy Fucking Shit :scream: :face_holding_back_tears: :cry:
Iā€™m grateful my son just called to share that they just had a miscarriage :cry: Iā€™m grateful he felt the need and confidence to call and share this rollercoaster of news with us and grateful we all had a good cry on the phone together.

Iā€™m grateful I got my feelings back. Iā€™m grateful I can feel the joy and not celebrate with drink. Iā€™m grateful I can feel the sadness and emphasize with my son and not make it about me and start drinking to numb the pain. Iā€™m grateful for every day we all have sober. Every moment. Every joy. Every sadness. Every birdsong. Iā€™m grateful I canā€™t imagine what the next feeling is going to bring me. Iā€™m grateful I get to share it here in real time. Iā€™m grateful he said they already have the best baby girl in the whole world but itā€™s still so sad :sob:

Iā€™m grateful to always. ALWAYS be present for my family.
Love you guys
:pray:t2::heart:

19 Likes

Thatā€™s heartbreaking news. Iā€™m so sorry for your/their loss. :broken_heart::sleepy: Sending lots of love :heart: :people_hugging:
Grateful they already know theyā€™ve got the best baby girl in the whole wide world.

9 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for a busy but successful day. I got so much accomplished and all the meetings went well! Iā€™m grateful for a nice evening being able to show my friend around a bit and introduce her to some of my friends here. Iā€™m grateful that we had a nice very tasty dinner. Iā€™m grateful that today when I was offered alcohol I immediately said ā€˜no thanksā€™ without thinking to accept it. Iā€™m grateful for little moments I could take to step away today. Iā€™m grateful for tea with cardomon and fresh cherries. Iā€™m grateful that my friend is also enjoying her first trip here and that she is being accepted. Iā€™m grateful to be in a room with a fan and to have had a shower tonight after the hot day. Iā€™m grateful for the place we are staying in and that it is a very nice lady who gave a discount out of her joy of me speaking her languageā€¦it isnā€™t necessary but appreciated. This morning I told her my favorite tea is with cardomon and am grateful because she brought out cardomon tea for me after dinner and sang us a song while we drank it. It was just a sweet nice thing she did. Iā€™m grateful I had a good day despite some anxiety in the morning. And am grateful I came on this trip- hoping the rest continues to go well!

13 Likes

Thank you for this day :palms_up_together:
I am grateful for sunshine, bird song and good weather.
I am grateful I found out I donā€™t tolerate my meds well, and very grateful for the help I got in the hospital for my side effects. I am grateful for my ex taking care of me, for all the wonderful people working at the hospital, taking their time and being there for me. I am grateful for every single person who decides to help another in need, even if it means a lot of work for them.
I am grateful my realtionship to my ex is so peaceful at the moment.
I am grateful my daughter is so exited about her UK trip.
I am grateful for all the people at her school organising the trip for the kids.
I am grateful I got to take a nice walk in the sunshine.
I am grateful for yoga in the fresh air.
I am grateful for relaxing and distracting books.
I am grateful for friends.
I am grateful I got to get some work done on my prototype.
I am grateful an opportunity showed up to meet friends for a game night on the weekend.
I am grateful for this day.
Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

11 Likes

Thanks for the wonderful share. Sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Ug! I cannot imagine what emotionally happens to all involved. I pray for you and your family.
At the start of oneā€™s Sober Journey I feel a strong desire of selfishness. As I become stronger and donā€™t feel the need for it to have to be about me the journey becomes more meaningful connecting to others. I am sure my husband is so happy about that new character trait . Haha Stay strong.

10 Likes

Big giant healing hugs, my friend :people_hugging::people_hugging: Grateful that you share your journey with us. A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved, hopefully :pray:šŸ«¶šŸ»

8 Likes

Thursday evening gratitude.
Today Iā€™m grateful the brain surgery of a friend went well. Iā€™m grateful she insisted for days for the surgery to take place, it has been rescheduled over and over for a year. And they wanted to send her home again due to capacity shortage.

Iā€™m grateful for therapy. I felt cared and safe today. Iā€™m grateful I talked about love in therapy. Iā€™m grateful I loved my ex very much. Iā€™m grateful emotions come and go.

Iā€™m grateful the blinds keep the sunshine out. Iā€™m grateful the headache got better during the day.

Iā€™m grateful for purring catlove.
Iā€™m grateful I cooked today.
Iā€™m grateful for yummi juice.

I hope they can repair the internet cable tomorrow. Iā€™m grateful the mobile internet on my phone is sufficient for what I need. Internet connection is rather poor here, Iā€™m looking forward to getting optical fiber cable this year.

Iā€™m grateful for being at home. I feel safe and secure.
Iā€™m grateful for trash collection.
Iā€™m grateful for the dishwasher.
Iā€™m grateful I mopped the balcony yesterday.
Iā€™m grateful I can do whatever I want. Iā€™m grateful for ODAAT :pray:

14 Likes