Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #7

I’m grateful for the rainy day and being able to bake with some neighbor friends. I’m grateful for today being a good day. I’m grateful that my anxiety was low today- it was one of those days where I just felt myself. I’m grateful for being able to make a new friend who’s agreed to give me language lessons and speaking practice. I’m grateful for days where I feel hopeful. I’m grateful to be sober and healthy.

16 Likes

I’m grateful that there is so much gratitude on here that I can’t catch up.
I’m grateful for safe travels and a great visit with family.
I’m grateful that this visit exposed some of my social deficiencies these days. I used to be the social butterfly that my brother still is and that got away from me. Time to introduce it back in. Slowly. And soberly.

I’m grateful for more progress on my money goal. That debt free light at the end of the tunnel is looming larger these days and I like it. Time to work on some new goals. I see you pull ups and socialization. Soon I’ll be unstoppable.

I’m grateful I’m sad that both of my social plans cancelled on me today. I’m grateful I reached out to another friend for a gym date. I’m grateful for a cozy, rainy day of cooking, movies and cleaning for our move out inspection tomorrow.

18 Likes

Things I am especially grateful for today.

I woke up very early to a day that promised to be hot and so I went to the grocery store just short around 7am. It was still reasonably cool and I am very glad I had it done before breakfast.

The most important prep for my trip on friday is done. Train tickets booked, connected with family where I‘ll be staying, packing list made, food list and time plan for the travel day finished. Now I just need to pack the stuff and load my devices full of books, podcasts, yoga vids, meditations and anime as I have no idea if and when I‘ll have internet connection.

My daughter was due for a dentist checkup today. Sadly she was pestered by a nasty migraine already early in the day. She is very heat sensitive like that. But the meds and rest helped. She even went out for an ice cream later on. And my ex already made a new appointment. Our health system is not perfect but it provides all we need.

I spend the afternoon chillaxing on the balcony and later at the pool. Reading, yin yoga, meditation. The pool is in a nice wood and there are a lot of great places to lay down in the shadows with some gentle cool air coming from the trees. It was marvellous.

Now I‘m looking towards a recovery dharma online meeting and that‘s it for today.

Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

17 Likes

Grateful to be sober and healthy.
Grateful for my family and the love/ support.
Grateful for my sponsor and guiding me through my recovery.
Grateful for my freedom and being able to do the things I enjoy.
Grateful to be spending more time outside.
Grateful I’m soon leaving to bike to my night AA meeting. It’s like a little adventure and the exercise gets my head right.
Grateful my anxiety has not been to bad today.
Grateful I can meditate and remember my life before alcohol and drugs and been trying to live like I did before I started escaping life.
Grateful for strong coffee.
Grateful for my safe shelter and food.
Grateful I have no desire to drink or use. For some reason this time I don’t have cravings.
Grateful for this community.
Grateful to be alive.

18 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and headed back to work tomorrow night hangover free.

I am grateful for air conditioning and movies in bed with fur babies.

I am grateful for good food and alcohol free drinks.

I am grateful that I can walk, see and hear.

I am grateful to be here working on myself with everyone. Odaaft. :two_hearts:

19 Likes

I am grateful today…
AA meeting
Meeting with sponsor. Working on step 4. Having to dredge up past resentment that molded me into who I am today.
Grateful our town avoided the huge fire nearby
Cal fire and First Responders
Gym pool for exercises. I jumped and hopped today. Been 3 months
Grateful for the two friends I have who accepted me as a drunk and are so supporting of my sobriety.

19 Likes

Woohoo!!! So awesome girl – love when the body starts to heal and you can feel like you again :hugs:

all those fires are so scary – Stay safe friend :pray:

200w

8 Likes

I’m grateful for pretty good day. To notice my gratitude popping up throughout the day.

I was doing some planning for work and looking ahead and noticed that in exactly five weeks, it’s the Tuesday after Labour Day. (Follow me for more fun and helpful news! :crazy_face:) WTF? I’m grateful for the wake up call to stay present and in today, but also be mindful of how I’d like to say I spent these five weeks. Being present, being grateful. I’m grateful I don’t try to jam activities and drinks into every day, every moment.

I’m grateful for slow walks with the dog girl. Easy summer dinners. A bit of cool in the evening and time in my patio garden. Low sugar popsicles.

I’m grateful I don’t feel like I’m missing out by not drinking. I’m grateful I don’t miss drinking. That feels so good to say, to be able to say.

I’m grateful I now get the “oh look who’s back” looks from cashiers (you know the look) at the pet store, not the wine store. I found a (get this) “plant based” healthy chewy for the dog girl and she loves them! Yep, cashiers, judge away, we do love our soda water and chewy treats. :wink:

I’m grateful for all of you.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

14 Likes

Wednesday morning gratitude. Time flies.

I’m grateful I’ve been busy making sirup and jam. I’m grateful for the dishwasher :pray:

I’m grateful I tried to keep up with chores and failed. I’m grateful I did what I could.

I’m grateful for purring cats and demanding miows. They remind me of what is important in life: love and food. I’m grateful love has many faces and catlove is one of it :heart: A fluffy, cuddly, heartwarming one.

I’m grateful an old friend will visit me today and I’ll make steak. Sharing a good meal is soulfood too.

I’m grateful the local authorities came over yesterday and talked with me about removing the ex’s oldtimers as they are not allowed to be constantly parked on the lawn as they have no license plates (officialese for: this is a farm, not a junkyard). I’m grateful they are doing something about all the stuff put here, parked there and never again touched. I’m grateful HE has to do something other than ignoring. Otherwise this stuff will be removed by the autorities. I’m deeply grateful that I didn’t cause it, I can’t control it and doing my best is fine. I’m grateful MY stuff is in order and no source of complaints. I’m grateful this proofs that I’m NOT the annoying, nagging ex constantly complaining about shit. I rarely was so grateful for authorities showing up and forcing something. I’m grateful me being embarrassed and feeling cringy for his ignorance and non-caring causing an authority intervention didn’t last long. That’s life, another moment to clearly see who cared about everyday’s life and tasks for all our relationship. To be honest I am a bitch and feel schadenfreude as he didn’t take it well when I texted him. As his attitude towards me was shitty, he can run zig-zag until the official document arrives via mail. Mail. Not email. Let’s see how his own medicine of waiting without answer or information tastes him. Karma is a bitch. Me too. Sorry not sorry.

I’m grateful for rest. I can come back and continue this post as often as I want. I’m grateful the kitchen/living room gets tidy again. Making jam & sirup is a lot of work & mess :joy: I’m grateful for the kitchen helpers ate stored away, all dishes are washed and stored, the glasses and bottles remain for 1 more day on the kitchen island, I need to label it. Paper waste is thrown out, the floor is vacuumed and mopped. Two spots to tidy left, then I’m content.

I’m deeply grateful for my cosy home, my comfy life, my luxury problems. For having enough, for enjoying the moment, for cooler morning temperatures and relaxing evenings on the balcony. For the solar plant providing hot water, for my reliable car that takes me everywhere. For my counsellor and my therapist. For friends. For encouragement and letting go. For being ok with being bitchy sometimes. For peace, quiet, calmness and equanimity. For working on myself without forcing things. For practicing patience, focussing on the present, for doing what I can and accepting my limits. For a soft cat paw with sharp nails that touches my heel. For strength I find in little things, a reading here, a cup of tea there. ODAAT :pray:

12 Likes

I am away for work for the rest of this week. I work with women who all drink and have always known me as a drinker (but not a heavy drinker, I took pride in my ability to present well in work related situations). Today is my third day sober. I was really anxious about how I would handle wine o’clock.

I am grateful that when it came time to pour the wine I was brave enough to say I am in recovery.

I am also grateful that every single woman supported that without judgement or question. I had expected to explain myself or get some questions but all I got was handed a lemonade :raised_hands:t2:.

14 Likes

Great work on day 3 and so happy that you were able to protect your sobriety…so grateful that it was received well by your coworkers. Keep going strong :muscle:t4:

7 Likes

First thing I remember be grateful for this morning was Benson running around on his grass out back after doing his business. Little fucker :wink: loves to kick it up and haul ass back to the kitchen. I’m grateful that brings me so much joy to watch him in the morning. Even better than a cup of coffee which I had’t had yet. I’m grateful this happens each morning only because I’m sober and not hungover and feeling like shit in the morning.

I’m grateful for my new eyes, and how I can look at the joy and beauty in life, even early in the morning before coffee.

I’m grateful the cat, Mav, is warmly plugged in to my right side purring along with my mantra playlist.

I’m grateful for a fabulous @LAB cup of coffee this morning.

I’m grateful I’m back to reading Richard Burrs book Living These Days. It’s a daily reader. Grateful for him and for him being the reason I work so much gratitude still in my recovery.

• Many forms of fear can be characterized as a search for security.*
  • We can stagnate in our comfort zones, creating even more fear.*
  • Prone to having thoughts of worry and fear swirling around in our consciousness uninvited, we attach ourselves to them and believe and identify with them. We may have thoughts of;
  • ‘I am afraid I am not good enough, capable enough, attractive enough, or that I might not be taken care of.’*
  • These thoughts bring with them, a sense that our security and safety are in peril.

“Leave your front door and back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don’t serve them tea.”

ODAAFT :wink:
:pray:t2::heart:

14 Likes

Welcome Avior,
I’m grateful you found us and for all the support you got from all those women. I’m grateful you were so courageous. Great start.
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

I’m grateful for all the potential grants available to me. I’m grateful for my job. I’m grateful for my early morning hike- I saw the eagles again 2 goldens. I hiked up to the snow line again. It was snowing when I hiked down and raining in the valley but it passed quickly. I’m grateful for such changeable weather here. I’m grateful for my neighbor and being able to help them prepare today for their celebration tomorrow. I’m grateful for social services calling me to ask about going back to the orphanage to play with the kids- I hate that I’ve left them for so long but just needed that break. I’m grateful for my cozy tushuk and my dogs cuddled next to me.

14 Likes

Things I am especially grateful for today.

Once again an early start, morning yoga, and running in the early quiet hours. Only met one person in the gardens. Climbed a fence to get out on the other side :grin: Being able to be up so early, see the sun rising, moving and running when everything else is still quiet is such a blessing.

Lots of prep stuff for my daughter‘s and my trips. Last trip to my inlaws, a bike ride in the summer rain. Life is good.

A chat with a friend. Listening, keeping the heart open.

A strong and challenging yoga session. Perimenopausal waves flowing through me during all that. Keeping my heart open, not closing down an all the emotions. Life ist good like that.

Recovery Dharma later. Seeing familiar faces, sharing a space, a meditation, our lives. Life is good like that.

Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

15 Likes

Hump day gratefulness - grateful to be able to practice gratitude today! I am so very grateful for this day of being alive and breathing another breath.

I am so very grateful for my HP. Grateful that I do not know the plan and that is ok - I have to have faith and hope that it all will make sense in time and if it doesn’t then that’s ok too… I know it makes sense to Him.
I am so very grateful that I had my brothers van available yesterday to take me to the dentist when mine wouldn’t start. I am so grateful that I got my car to the mechanic and it turned out to be the starter. Grateful that it died in the mechanics parking lot and they will be able to get the part and have it back to me by tomorrow morning.
I am so very grateful that I managed to get up and get my walk in this morning. An hour later than I would like and YES it was hot but I am grateful for the movement. Hoping to get my morning routine back soon.
I am so very grateful that I did manage to walk a mile in the heat from the mechanics so that my dad could drive me home and not loose too much time at work.
I am so very grateful for a cool refreshing shower
I am so grateful for having enough energy to bake some banana nut muffins for my brother and make myself some GF pancakes for a late breakfast.
I am so very grateful for my coffee. Loved my first cup while i walked and enjoying a couple more today.
I am so very grateful that I have started a trend as more people are now brining coffee with them for the morning walk :laughing: Lady even stopped to thank me for the idea LOL
I am so very grateful for making plenty for dinner last night so I will have leftovers today. No need to do any cooking tonight.
I am so very grateful that I completed my July challenge workouts. This month had more off days than I would have liked but still feel like I am making progress.
I am so very grateful for clean water, a roof over my head, AC, a comfy bed, comfy shoes!
I am so very grateful for a good dentist appointment yesterday. First time that my teeth cleaning did not hurt as I have been taking care of my teeth. So much neglect in my addict days. Grateful that I will be able to get a better mouth splint that is sturdier and hopefully will last longer than 6 months.
I am so very grateful for my family.
I am so very grateful for comedy in all forms (movies, stand up, memes, skits…laughter is truly the best medicine).
I am so very grateful for all of you! Grateful for this place and my connections, the support and all the LOVE

Wishing you all a wonderful addiction free day! Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

16 Likes

I’m grateful for air conditioning. I’m grateful I live in a walkable neighborhood and that I have strong legs to take me to the places I want to go.
I’m grateful I made it to the gym for the first time yesterday. Tiny steps create habits.
I’m grateful for my sisters and my brothers and for weird tasting candy.
I’m grateful I woke up today and I’m doubly grateful I woke up sober.

17 Likes

I’m grateful for my higher power, I’m grateful for peace of mind today I’m grateful for patience .I’m grateful for the library and the courage a had to face the day and new people I’m grateful for my sobriety today I’m grateful for all the members of ts

14 Likes

Grateful for God
Grateful for my sobriety and not really sure what’s been goin on with me but I have been doing really well in the gym and sticking g to it. Probably because I’m not always hungover and acting like a douche!
Grateful because Friday I get my 90 day chip
Grateful for all of you amazing people that are here and help each other out everyday. I literally wouldn’t be this strong and fighting without yall
:pray:

12 Likes

Grateful today
AA meeting
Spouse understanding what my sober progress time really means
God is still speaking to me and positive changes are happening
A luxurious 1 hour nap today.
Groceries
No stress or conflict today
Clean floors
Clean kitchen

11 Likes