Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #7

@lighter Oh my :astonished::astonished:… No bare foot walking for you. Sounds awful. Hope you can enjoy a nice bare foot walk in the grass in your near future
@Aussie_Tiger way to go friend 3 months :tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::muscle:t4:. What a beautiful compliment from your son too…know you are in the right path :pray:t4:
@tailee17 you are absolutely lovely Lea Ann :people_hugging:. Thank you for being in this journey with me and hell of an accomplishment with your 6 months! :muscle:t4::muscle:t4::tada::confetti_ball:

6 Likes

Grateful sober Wednesday morning :blush:
There’s nothing better than waking up rested, clearheaded, with cats purring on and beside me 🩷 Well, a partner joining this little paradise would be nice but I think I’m not ready for another human in my peaceful life. I’m grateful I think openly about someone new and I’m double grateful I’m honest with myself and see that I need more time. Still too much going on that I have - and some issues even want - to focus on. First things first.
I’m grateful that I’m a responsible person and take good care. I’m grateful I learned to be patient. I’m grateful Missi purrs away on me and her tamping paws are like acupuncture needles. Sweet fluffball needs her Mami :heart: And the old boy sleeps beside me. I’m grateful I can enjoy together time with the cats after a refreshing shower and don’t have to hurry to work. Grateful for office @ home and that I do what I can. It is enough.

I’m grateful for deadlines and structure and that I’m capable to set my own. I’m grateful I stick to my path and keep going. It took me really far. I’m grateful I can always go back to basics, babysteps and mini-tasks, they had the major input on my forthcoming. Just keep going. I’m grateful I realized long ago that resting, recovering, regenerating is key to find balance and getting to know my own power and ressources. I’m deeply grateful that I don’t borrow from tomorrow anymore, not a single cup of energy. I’m grateful that my life fills with different kinds of energy when I do the best I can mindfully.

I’m grateful the “new” office is working and I catch up on officework day by day.
I’m grateful a big catfood delivery arrived. Everything became ridiculous expensive. I’m grateful I can afford our life and I’m deeply grateful the most expensive parts beside unavoidable insurances & cars & operating costs are the cats. It makes me happy when the catfood arrives and I serve 3 different food, they chomp & munch and afterwards they sleep like snorring angels :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m grateful I’m a nice and loving person who only gets bitchy when someone severely hurts or pisses me. I’m grateful that I work on my ex being none of these persons. ODAAT

PS: Congratulations on all achievements and milestones dear gratipeople! :sunflower:
I have a lot to catch up.

11 Likes

I’m grateful for God, higher power which takes care of me and supports me in what I deserve to get…grateful for my good health and my friend who has truly a good heart

12 Likes

Good morning sober warriors,

Im so very greatful for…

850 days free from weed and alcohol!
Didnt workout this am but did have time to go on a walk with my favorite dogson
Greatful my headphones died so i could listen to nature and think thru some shtuff
Reliable, somewhat affordable internet
Caught the sunrise today
Its humpday
Not dreading going into work
Open communication with hubby
Setting boundaries when hubbys family asks for money
Love
Hope
Food and shelter
The rooms of aa
Sober fam

14 Likes

Thank you! You have a kind heart and I’ve been inspired by your journey. Congrats on 6 months!

6 Likes

Im grateful my internal clock got me up at 5:34. 4 minutes off. Not bad.
Grateful for my espresso before my gorgeous cup of coffee.
Grateful for a warm cat on my lap.
Grateful for my mantra play list.

I’m grateful we are done with the California DMV
Grateful I am licensed and registered to vote.
I’m grateful it was fairly painless. I don’t know why it has to be so anxiety ridden going to the DMV. I’m grateful they were efficient and nice and polite.

I’m grateful for the beautiful marine layer greeting me early this morning.

I’m grateful I got the exercise/office room all finished. I’m grateful the salon wall came out lovely.

I’m grateful to get back to meetings starting today.

I’m grateful Alice slept with me much of the night. It wasn’t great sleep for me. But she was happy. I’m grateful it was my iPad that landed on the floor in the middle of the night and not Alice.

I’m grateful for the shared albums on my iPad of my grandchildren and I got caught up with that. I’m grateful I miss them.

I’m grateful for The Moola Mantra
existence, consciousness, and bliss.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

Detachment is the hallmark of a life being well lived. As long as we rely on anyone else for our good feelings, we can’t count on ever being wholly peaceful. And that’s no way to live.
Let Go Now

14 Likes

I’m grateful for

• this mornings hike
  • for good concentration during work today
  • for being so productive today
  • for a good conversation with a neighbor friend today
  • that this Dutch couple will come visit and are willing to meet with the social workers to teach about the physical effects of alcohol addiction
  • for good friends and support around me
  • for feeling peace and hope these days
  • for being sober and growing in self awareness
  • for this online community who has been a huge encouragement and help for me
15 Likes

Good morning.

I am grateful for the cool crisp air, and I am grateful to have completed my last camping trip of 2024.
I am grateful this summer, although we are still officially in it, seems done. I am grateful for cooler temps and shorter days.
I am grateful that I cant avoid things forever… even if I still try. Avoid, and ignore a couple of my favorite ways to prolong my suffering.

When I first came into recovery I remember having some fear around who I might become; who I would be without drugs and alcohol. I had such a twisted perception of this disease. I was giving the substances all the credit for my personality when in fact I am actually the same person…go figure. More emotionally mature, less reactive and maybe a bit tamer, maybe not. I am grateful I didnt disappear.

I am grateful that with a bit of exposure to things I avoid, answers are given. Pretty obvious ones too. :roll_eyes: I am grateful for clear sight.

I am grateful for the love I have in this life, all around me. I walk my days in a padded room of love with a safety net of hugs to catch me if I fall. I am grateful that even though in a romantic relationship love “isnt enough”, in life it seems to solve most of my woes.

I am grateful for phone call Drs appointments and self check lab results so you can see what the phone call is about before it happens. :wink:

20 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful for another nice day. No stress.
I am grateful I am less restless and angry.
I am grateful I can rest.
I am grateful my sugar is good despite all the crappy food I eat.

18 Likes

Thankful to know that gratitude matters.

13 Likes

Oofta! Grateful for this today.

8 Likes

Grateful for
Nature
Fresh air
Wood fired pizza
Beautiful green fields
Seeing a spotted woodpecker, red kites, buzzards, deer and a whole heap of baby male and female pheasants.

20 Likes

I am grateful for having time before the Blessed Sacrament today

12 Likes

Grateful today

AA Meeting
My loving dog Yunna and her love to run
Grateful gave away final peaches today.
Trying to be grateful daughter went next door and picked a bucket of plums. yippee more fruit.
Grateful I got some planting done.
Grateful I made it to the gym.
Grateful I am alive and sober and loving it.

17 Likes

Its 11pm at night here in usa Massachusetts

Im just happy to have a head on my sober pillow

15 Likes

We have so many Red Kites where I live. Every time I see them they fill me with awe. One sits in my next door neighbours tree and screams. I love it.
I love your nature gratitude list :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Hey. Where about are you? They are prolific! I basically see them as soon as we hit Beaconsfield out of London, though we have a couple that fly above my balcony from time to time. They are savage though, be careful… They pick off lambs in spring. I won’t tell you more, but it’s harrowing.

One of my top five birds.

5 Likes

I’m grateful for theme park rides
For crispy chicken
For the man on the gate who complimented my smile
For children’s faces full of joy
For ice lollies
For Adrenalin - what a great natural high!
For being sober for 10 days and feeling proud.

16 Likes

Today I’m grateful that I woke up.

I’m also grateful that I have a very flexible job that allows me to care for my family and have amazing work/life balance!

15 Likes

Grateful:

For calling off weightlifting this morning to stay in bed instead.
That my better half is off work this week, it’s been nice to have that extra time to relax and connect.
For freezer batch cooking - maximum taste, minimum effort.
That the workmen fixed my front door already as they had a cancellation today.
Tea and coffee
New workout leggings
My decision today to recommit to letting go of that which no longer serves me or nourishes me. I am responsible for me.

14 Likes