Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #7

I am grateful my daughter‘s migraine subsided and she went to school today.
I am grateful I came up with some interesting ideas although was pretty sleepy most of the morning.
I am grateful for TV, books and podcasts.
I am grateful for Recovery Dharma meetings.
I am grateful I am ok with feeling overstuffed after eating a bit too much.
I am grateful I had a relaxing bike ride this afternoon.
I am grateful I am pretty tired, the day is done and I will be off to bed soon.

Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

11 Likes

@Dazercat @TMAC Absolutely true.

I would not have a purpose! I need purpose in my life :heart_eyes::kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::black_cat:

6 Likes

For my first little gig since I got sober. It’s volunteer patrol. Service! Schedule, purpose :white_check_mark:. Also will meet many people. I’ll be helping the community directly. It’s perfect. I’m starting completely over, and am not super healthy yet but ready to slowly ramp up.

For the beautiful athletic facilities near my home. Went to the pools to get a tour, and get my schedule for laps. I’m ready to resume my best sport :grinning:

For catching myself getting overwhelmed today. So easy to spin out and commit to too much. Will ease back into everything.

For making myself cook meals more often. I’m not a bad cook, just super lazy

For another sober day

:heart:

12 Likes

Thank you :green_heart: Even though you clearly don’t understand that black licorice is way better than red :laughing: you’ve come so far. I’m so happy for you.

8 Likes

IMG_8408
:heart: :black_heart: :heart: :black_heart: :heart: :black_heart: :heart: :black_heart: :heart: :black_heart: :heart:

7 Likes

No problem, glad i made you smile!

4 Likes

Yes you can create milestones but you dont get the fancy metal :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I love your new look and yellow beanie :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

AHH, :expressionless: meeeh.

5 Likes

I’m grateful that my husband took me to an amazing dinner for our 18th wedding anniversary. I’m grateful that the barrumundi was cooked to perfection.

I’m grateful that I live in an agricultural area and all of the produce was grown within a 5 mile radius of the restaurant.

I’m grateful that even though their wine list was extensive I didn’t give it a second glance.

Grateful for you all!! :yellow_heart:

10 Likes

IMG_1397

18 years so happy for you.

5 Likes

I am grateful for a wonderful beautiful day.

Grateful for kitchen time. Muffins and even another apple pie made.

Cleaners came - clean house so great

Clean sheets

I even laundered bath mats and a load of shoes and slippers

I got garbage cans out to street. Driveway is 1/4 mile.

Aerobics class - I love pool time and put so much into it. I feel stronger every day.

Grateful ran a few errands needed and outcome was so beneficial.

Self care - hair cut so happy with

Still doing and after 9pm and feel so accomplished.

Grateful I found sobriety. I am going to keep it. Finders Keepers I always say!

11 Likes

Happy Anniversary friend
IMG_8433

6 Likes

Thank you all for the congratulations on my 5 years. Grateful for my sobriety. I couldn’t do this without every single person here. You all mean more to me than you’ll ever know. Love you guys! :heart:

Grateful I remain teachable. There is an abundance to learn from old timers, newcomers, and everyone in between.

Grateful my daughter wanted to celebrate with cake last night. I haven’t talked about it, and she remembered on her own. Did I cause that much damage? Ugh! Grateful for the chance to make a daily living amends.

Grateful for my upcoming trip to Florida. Now that I told my sisters, I’m getting very excited. Probably because they’re so excited. I can’t remember the last time all 5 of us were together without husbands and kids.

Grateful today is Friday and its payday.

Grateful for my old jalopy car (from my MIL when she passed), getting me to and from work. Grateful my credit score is finally on the rise and a new car is in the foreseeable future.

13 Likes

Grateful for:

• my recovery contacts and friends, here on Talking Sober and in my SA group; these friends are people who understand me and listen to me non judgementally, and that is a huge help
  • my wife, who listens and empathizes; I feel seen and supported in my life with her
  • the people working with me (my professional colleagues), without whom I wouldn’t have the professional opportunities I now have
  • the gym, which is a place I can go and strengthen my body
11 Likes

Good morning

Im so very greatful for…

Friday payday!
Even though most of my paycheck goes to bills im still able to save a lil
Boscoe cuddles
Football tonight with hubby
Its nearly the weekend
Slept in
Forced teambuilding was a success
My AA fellowship
All the love and strength at my ladies aa mtg
Love
Hope
Joy
Hot coffee

10 Likes

My son’s roommate. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Happy 18th anniversary. Glad you had a wonderful time celebrating :tada:
6c7d5b72329ab98d549d77bdbd0eafb8

5 Likes

I’m grateful for the Unexpected Ultimate high of being sober. Who’d a thought :thinking:

I’m grateful for the Understanding and Compassion I’m learning through Al-Anon and AA.

I’m grateful for the British Underground
I’m grateful for Umbrellas, especially when visiting said country.

I’m grateful for Uber

I’m grateful for Uconditional Love

I’m grateful how we are all United to fight this Unrelenting foe

I’m grateful for Unicorns :unicorn: :rainbow: :thinking: because why not?

I’m grateful for Underware. Again. Why not :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m grateful I can feel and deal with Ucomfortable feelings without drowning them in booze

I’m grateful my final home has no Upstairs.

I’m grateful for UB40 and U2
:pray:t2: :unicorn: :heart:

Gratitude and love are always multiplied when you give freely. It is an infinite source of contentment and prosperous energy.”
Adobe .com :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am very very grateful for the cyclists telling me this morning that my rear wheel had a buckle. It took me some thinking as I had noticed it already but couldn’t explain. So I forgot. Then 10 min later: yeah, some car hitting me 2 weeks ago could have been the issue. So all ride long I planned getting it fixed asap. Well. Not necessary as I discovered this:

I am grateful I kept somehow calm. Sometimes, not knowing is better. :see_no_evil:

I am grateful the sun came out after some hours of fog.
I am grateful I have another bike.
I am grateful I have the option to buy a bike via my employer. Might be looking into this.
This saying: I am grateful I have enough. Maybe not bikes though.

14 Likes