Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery

Im grateful for God first and foremost.

Im grateful for my boyfriend, Britton and the things he has chosen to give up for my sobriety just to help me. He won’t drink anymore, even though we are long distance and he didn’t drink much to begin with, he stopped all together. And i didn’t even have to ask him :))

I am grateful for my support team and how much they care about me.

9 Likes

I’m grateful……….whew…….
I’m grateful,……that I’m having a hard time putting it into words. I’m grateful it’s a good struggle. Like I’m grateful for the same Ol shit I’m always grateful for! I’m grateful for the struggles with my wife. I’m grateful we are breaking some eggs. We’re trying to make a really nice omelette and I think we are both scared how it’s going to come out in the end. Man…… that’s a corny way of putting it. :man_facepalming: But I couldn’t think of a better analogy.

I’m grateful I need to make some changes. I’m grateful it’s always me :grimacing: that has to make some changes. I’m grateful I think I need to make some changes on my use of TS. I’m grateful it kind of scares me because I’m pretty addicted to this place. I’m grateful I realize I need to let some things go. I’m grateful I don’t want to say “Good Bye”. But I also know my addicted behavior and I got to face it. I’m on here, TS too much. Just like I was addicted to Twitter. And my 2 long time restaurant jobs. I’m grateful I found this forum to get sober and it replaced my Twitter addiction. I’m grateful I realized I don’t want to replace TS with another social media thingy or whatever you want to call it. I’m grateful for all of you and the many friends I’ve become close with. Even though I don’t know you all there’s been a very special loving magical connection. I’m grateful I don’t want to loose that.

Im grateful for Minnie’s rhythmic snoring on her orthopedic mat by the front door.

Im so grateful for everyone on TS.
Im so grateful for my gift of sobriety.
I’m grateful 976 days ago I sought out help.
Through an app. :flushed: I’m grateful I thought it was kind of funny 975 days ago when I thought “I wonder if they have an app for that?” I mean they got an app for everything these days. I’m grateful, I was kinda half joking, during my last most brutal hangover. Look what I accomplished!! I’m grateful I can be pretty dang proud of myself.
Thank you :pray:t2:

”Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson.

16 Likes

We are all a work in progress. Even positive things can become a negative in our lives when used to excess. Im grateful for you Eric. Im grateful for your nuggets of wisdom and guidance and of course your sense of humor.
Do you what you need to do to be the healthiest version of Eric there is. :hugs:

10 Likes

I’m grateful for 24 days AF!
I’m grateful this is starting to be my normal.
I’m grateful for this lifestyle change.
I’m grateful I’ve found myself again.
I’m grateful I have peace even in any chaotic situation.
I’m grateful I can navigate through life without alcohol.
I’m grateful my stress levels have went down tremendously.
I’m grateful I don’t make other people problems my own anymore.
I’m grateful I’m learning I can’t save everyone.
I’m grateful to know I can only control myself and my emotions.
I’m grateful for forgiveness, grace and patience.
I’m grateful for having the strength and willpower to beat this disease and addiction.
I’m grateful for Sundays, cause I don’t work on Sundays. It’s my day to relax and spend time with family.
Everyone have a blessed sober day.:heart:

12 Likes

Grateful to be waking up on a weekend day with significantly less anxiety. Grateful for this opportunity to spend some time away from my house to be able to realize how unhealthy that place truly is for me. Grateful for the ample time I spent honestly looking at the situation so I can know that I’m not running from a difficult situation but simply doing what’s right and healthy for me and my recovery. Wow, grateful for a big aha moment as Im writing this that it’s time to leave that toxic environment that I’m in where active addiction is around me 24/7 and the people who run the house allow it and the person to wreak as much havoc as they like. Grateful that I literally feel a ginormous weight off my shoulders right at this moment. Wowowowow.
Grateful for the power of the written word, the therapeutic value of journaling, grateful for the clarity I get so often as I sit down to do my gratitude in the morning. Grateful that this is my most powerful yet! Grateful for that electric feeling I most often get in a good meeting as I’m feeling this at this very moment. Grateful, so very grateful that I don’t have to think about making myself return to that soul stifling “clean and sober” house which is anything but.
Grateful that I’ve made so much progress and growth that a home for me is so much more than any old place I can crash but I need more now and my soul and my spirit has woken up and grown and I need a safe place to continue to thrive and futhur my recovery.
Grateful that Ive felt this coming for a while now. So very grateful that it’s coming to fruition. Man, I love recovery so very much. Grateful that recovery is so good I’m almost to the place where it’s making the whole addiction mess worth it all. Grateful that I know that’s the purpose of this whole journey that we don’t regret our past nor wish to shut the door on it because the recovery from it has brought so much goodness into our lives. Grateful I can see the whole, entire picture this morning. Grateful I’m making it. Grateful I can sit here in this moment and just bask in this awesome electric feeling with gratitude.
Grateful for the past 171 days on this second to none ride of recovery. :purple_heart:

12 Likes

I am grateful for YOU! I’m grateful to Just Be. I am grateful to be stumbling into grace :pray: Grateful for floating on my back in the Gulf of Mexico early this morning,watching the sky light up watching the distant lightening and looking at Venus shining brightly. Grateful for restorative Yoga and meditation today. I’m most deeply grateful that my friend Bethany was released from the hospital today. Prayers work. Have a blessed Sunday all. Grateful for everyone here.:pray:t2::tulip::yin_yang:

God Guru amd Self Are One

11 Likes

Grateful for 1400 days of continuous sobriety. Unbelievable 1399 days ago.

I am grateful I unpacked all my boxes in one day. Yeah.
I will get used to my new apartment.

I am grateful for audiobooks. Unpacking took me 2 audiobooks. :grimacing:
I was talking a lot with myself today. Holy cow. I was somehow commenting on everything. Like my grandmother. Oh nooo, I am not even 41. :see_no_evil:

I am grateful I have food in my fridge, I have clean.bed sheets. I am grateful I have enough. I am grateful for some good friends.
I am grateful we found a solution for my furniture yesterday.

16 Likes

I am bit over 9 months sober. This milestone is somehow more meaningful to me than the other 8. My first therapist once said to me, that people who managed to last 9 month without alcohol didn’t have a drinking problem. That made total sense to me and I really wanted to get there to prove I was not an addict. You can probably all imagine how that went. I tried for years and never lasted longer than a week. I struggled and struggled and hated myself for not being able to walk away from that first drink. But I was certain, once I made it - all would be good.

Now I am finally here - sober for 9 month. I suspect my therapist really didn’t know much about this disease. Or maybe she did and had some elaborate plan. Either way, I am grateful her remark send me down this path of sobriety. It made me want to reach for something, that wasn’t easy to achieve and that could not be done without putting in the work. I actually had to humble myself, listen to what others had already learned and figure out, what would help me stay sober. I am grateful I got to understand that 3, 6 or 9 months (or years) without drinking are a remarkable thing to achieve, but do not mean, I am not an alcoholic. Thank you guys for helping me get here (and further). :orange_heart:

16 Likes

I’m grateful to have my quiz completed early this morning with a passing grade of a B. I’m grateful I was able to wake up early feeling clear minded and ready for a new day. Grateful for breakfast and coffee prior to taking my quiz. Grateful I have energy to head to the outlet mall and get some winter clothes like sweaters and jeans for my daughter as the weather starts to cool down heading into fall.
Thank you for another day. #8days

13 Likes

@Soberbilly may I message you privately about EMDR? I’ve got some questions, looking into this for my daughters.

2 Likes

Yes of course

1 Like

I am grateful I have hooks sunk into my twinnie outside of the forum or I would probably be panicing a little after his post.

I am grateful that my days of isoltaion have passed and that I am feeling pretty good. So good that I participated in my first silver smithing class today and made my very first ring! I am proud of my accomplishment even though theres a mistake (dragon scale). I am grateful for my recovery and that it allows me to follow my dreams. My whole life I have wanted to make jewelry and my whole life I have been banged up on drugs. I am grateful that I still have some life left and that I can spend it doing all the things I missed out on.
I am grateful for the feeling of working with my hands and the energy that pours from me into my creations. Maybe thats why I scalded the silver… too much energy. :wink:

I am grateful that I can watch tv with my kiddo today in bed like we usually do I will just stay masked up. I am grateful that tomorrow is a holiday and the school starts on Tuesday. Bring on Grade 11!!! Woooohooo.

18 Likes

Congratulations on 8 days J. And welcome to the gratitude thread.
:pray:t2::blue_heart:

5 Likes

I’m grateful and congratulations on
ODAATs Franzi.
And another move😱 You are incredible!! I’m so glad you’re here with us. I hope you get to settle in for a long long time. I know how exhausting it is. Especially when you do it frequently.
treat-yo-self-treat-yourself
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

9 Likes

Thank you Eric. Yeah, moving is exhausting. I think 2 moves before I said I’d move into a tiny house. Problem is that it’s so difficult to get a piece of land here where you could put it. :confounded:

8 Likes

3 Likes

Short one this early morning. Grateful for my being humbly Grateful in each moment :pray:

God Guru And Self Are One

6 Likes

I am grateful to God thank you for loving me. I am grateful for recovey. I am grateful for ALL my family, friends, TS and the grati-dudes. God bless you all. :v:& :heart:

p.s. You are awesome. Dont forget. Ya you!!

13 Likes

I’m grateful for 25 days of being AF.
I’m grateful to be at work getting time and a half.
I’m grateful it’s slow.
I’m grateful to be making this easy money.
I’m grateful to be in good spirits this morning.
I’m grateful for a new chance at life.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery (Part 5).