Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery

This evening im grateful for the time I had with my family today.

I’m grateful for the meetings I attended.

I’m grateful to be sober and in recovery

I’m grateful for the close bond I have with my teenage daughter.

I’m grateful to understand that I dont have to agree with everything I hear or see but more than that, I dont have to let it disturb my peace.

I’m grateful im learning more about me each day.

12 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and heading to bed.

I am beyond grateful that Will has made a complete recovery and the “spot” that had been seen on the x-ray is now gone. The vet said it could have been a lymph node or abcess that went away with antibiotic treatment. Thank goodness!

I am grateful for my bed, pillows, and fan.

I am grateful to have tomorrow off to clean the house and rest.

I am grateful to be here with everyone. :two_hearts:

14 Likes

Yay I’m so grateful for the update on Will. What a relief. We get so attached to these guys huh. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m glad and hope that’s over with.
:pray::heart:

5 Likes

Today I am grateful that my son is well taken care of, at school and on the bus. I’m grateful he is enjoying his time there. I’m grateful for alone time for me even tho I don’t know how to manage my time. I’m either doing nothing at all or wayyyy too much. But either way I am grateful to find out what works for me. I’m grateful for God. I’m grateful for my recovery. Grateful to me alive and grateful for my family and all of u on TS. I’m grateful for sleep. I’m grateful for showers. I’m grateful for the cooler night air.

17 Likes

My babies keep me sane

11 Likes

Grateful for sobriety
Grateful to finish one chunk of work that has been hanging over me
Grateful for some time to watch TV dramas
Grateful for kids getting more independent
Grateful for calmer relationship
Grateful for cooler temps
Grateful for spell check
Grateful for FB so I can keep up with people I know
Grateful for my cat

13 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im greatful for…

My sobriety, 108 days free from weed and alcohol!
Going to an AA meeting last night even when i didnt want to. I always get something from them.
A moment to pray to my higher power and feel serene
My Boscoe and his constant need for pets
My hubby working hard to provide
This thread and the gratidudes
My mom and her words of encouragment
My parents having been together for 48 years today
Basic needs being met
Personal growth
Everyone here sharing their sober journies

Let us go out and slay the day soberly!

12 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I have started to notice this with my Papi, too, and it was very apparent on this recent visit. It’s such a comfortable space to be in, to just “be” together in silence. I’m grateful for that! He also likes to tell me things, tell stories or update me on things he is working on and I can be comfortable just listening and not interjecting or feeling pressured to have an exchange. It’s a beautiful place to be in our father/daughter relationship.

11 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful for a day off work today. I’m grateful that I will get to hang out with my mom, she’s the best! I’m grateful that I feel emotionally level lately, I know it won’t stay that way because that’s life. I’m grateful for my family, and our home.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

11 Likes

Grateful yet again for the Just For Today meditation. “We lived like alien beings on our own planet, always alone and getting lonelier by the minute”. I remember once I got clean I was walking around my little town feeling apart of human kind again. I hadn’t realized how alienated Id felt, how truly isolated I’d become from my addiction. I didn’t feel like a scourge anymore. I could look people in the eye, I felt apart of the contributing class of humans for the first time in many years. I’m grateful for these little glimpses back into the awakening of my soul, grateful to be reminded of how far I’ve come and just how very, very, much I have to lose. My job has been frustrating me lately, financially I’ve got so far to go, but these glimpses into the things I have gained fill me with so much gratitude and perspective.

And I’m very grateful for this little milestone this morning. :grin:

15 Likes

Woohooooo!!! Congratulations on 5 sober months!!!

7 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
Other than that I feel like something is hanging over me. Tomorrow will be my last day at work. I cannot sleep atm.
I am grateful I get me motivated to do my workouts and tasks I have to do.
I am grateful that I don’t have many items on my to do list.
I am grateful for food in my fridge.
I am happy I cleaned my desk at work today. Like all of a sudden it came over me that I cannot leave my desk dusty.
I am grateful FDA won’t be here when I am there. Everyone is stressed about them.

I am grateful I have enough.

13 Likes

I’m grateful to be sitting outside on my deck with Alice in her stroller and Benson and Minnie. And grateful we made it home safe and sound without any hiccups. Or booze. Don’t be mad at me for being grateful I got a solid 9 hours of sleep last night with only 1 toilet run. I’m grateful my sleep has improved so much. I’m grateful for granddaughters and how much fun we had and how very different type of a visit this was. And it was lovely. I’m grateful I texted the kids to tell them how great and natural I think their parenting skills are already. And it and they are going to only get better.

I’m grateful for my own fresh ground espresso roast this morning after my pixie shot to take outside with the dogs at 4:45 am. I’m grateful we got Alice a full tank today. She looked good but wifey could tell she was a bit dehydrated. I’m grateful we weighed her and she’s still maintaining the 8 plus pounds. About the weight of my granddaughter :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m grateful I didn’t stay up late last night polishing off a bottle of wine or 2 and just thought it’s only 8:30 but I’m exhausted from traveling so good night Irene!

I’m grateful my wife and I had nice chats this morning and I looked forward to seeing her. I’m grateful I was just thinking about all the blowers and jackhammering going on around this lovely morning and a dove just flew in to get a drink from the swimming pool. 2 doves now. :dove: :dove:

I’m grateful my wife didn’t order cocktails at dinner last night. I’m grateful I didn’t worry myself sick about it; but, I did have a plan to leave if she did. I’m grateful that boundary wasn’t tested. I honestly don’t know if I could have followed through with it. Again. I’m grateful I didn’t worry myself sick about it but I think I had to have a healthy thought and plan to protect myself in that situation.

I’m grateful my wife always does all her chores and she has lots of them. Mostly pet chores and laundry. I’m grateful I have my chores too. I’m just grateful she never blows off her chores. I’m grateful for a clean kitchen sink this morning.

I’m grateful we are already thinking about our next trip to Dallas and LA. Fuck Me we are going to be traveling grand folks. I’m grateful I’ll be doing it sober.

I’m grateful for y’all. But I feel like we are not at full strength. I’m grateful I can pray for the ones I miss here and that they will come back when they are ready and know we are always here for you. No matter what.

:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus::older_man:
Gratitude is one of the most powerful emotions you can feel. It has a healing, magnifying power that can transform your hopefulness into happiness, joy into ecstasy, and peace into harmony. Find something good in your life, get thankful and amplify your ability to attract more abundance and well being. @I.cant.We.can :heart::pray:t2::heart::pray:t2:
@commandinglife

14 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 beautiful months clean and sober Darcy. Im so excited for you!! :boom::boom::boom:
I’m grateful you’re here. I love the JFT readings. They are so insightful.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::boom::boom::boom::boom:

6 Likes

I’m grateful for not drinking yesterday or wanting to.
I’m grateful things are just plodding along, I like plodding, I don’t need dramas and whizzing around doing too much. Things are good as they are right now.
I’m grateful my partner is still on his journey, he told someone last week that he doesn’t drink! Wow.
I’m grateful to be here :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Congratulations!

benderdance

(Hope you don’t mind Bender; I felt like something different!)

6 Likes

the last couple days have been really thinking about my future and sometimes feel worried. Have been stuck in my mind and worried about what my life is going to be . Yes the alcohol obsession has been removed but now what will happen ? I figured now would be a good time for some gratitude so I can really see what’s in front of me . So I can come back to today . So I can come back to earth

I’m grateful for the roof above me and the food in my fridge/ running water/ air conditioner

I’m grateful for friends and my support network

I’m grateful for nature / the sun / animals

I’m grateful for the endless music on YouTube

I’m grateful to feel like a kid again and this rebirth that I’m experiencing

I’m even grateful for all the difficult lessons this year and learning who I am

I’m grateful my liver is healing / enzymes are normal … grateful my arms and legs feel stronger and my Neuropathy pain symptoms are gone because of b complex and food. I’m grateful I can physically recover.

Grateful I’m not going to drink today or tomorrow. Grateful alcohol doesn’t feel like a solution anymore. I’m grateful that the smell of alcohol or window store signs make me sick . Grateful I don’t need alcohol to live . Grateful I remember needing it to live . I’m grateful I remember what it does to me physically and mentally to drink … so that I don’t go back .

17 Likes

I’m grateful for a job that appreciates me.

I’m grateful to be 82 days sober

I’m grateful for a loving family, warts and all.

I’m grateful for phoebe, she hasn’t bitten me lately, she has faked me out a couple of times but hasn’t bitten me. I think she doesn’t feel well so vet appointment on Monday for her. Its a big deal for her not to bite me for this long.

While I miss calm, cool laid back rocky, I have an new appreciation and am grateful for the little mama that has moved in and taken over. We are still debating on a name. Lol shes very quirky

I’m grateful for breaks at work to rest my tired feet and arthritic back.

I’m grateful for the steps of AA

I’m grateful to know exactly what pages to go to and read in the AA big book when im struggling with something.

17 Likes

82 days,yays!! I am living in a state of gratitude. It’s a nice place to inhabit. I am grateful for my routine. I am grateful to practice meditation every day and grateful for the benefits I receive some apparent some not. Right now I’m grateful for Alobar ( my feline friend for 12 years) and the love he gives me. And for the Grateful Dead playing this moment. In a minute I will be grateful for Planet Oat mint fudge swirl. And for Ozark on Netflix. Very very grateful for zeroing in on 4 months clean. Feels miraculous. Grateful for my new life.

16 Likes

@Shaunda @Dazercat @DryIn785 Thanks, very much.

4 Likes