Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery

Adorable! :blush:

6 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and to have gotten quite a bit of rest this weekend before heading into 4 overnight shits (i mean shifts! Must have been a Freudian slip) :innocent:

I am grateful that I am starting to send out some emails to therapists in the state looking for someone who can do online sessions. Everyone is pretty booked so it could take awhile.

I am grateful for the break in the intense heat. I am a fall and winter girl and I am personally looking forward to the cooler darker months. :fallen_leaf::jack_o_lantern::snowflake::snowman:

I am grateful for all of the inspiration I find on TS and ITR. Sometimes off this app and outside of mtgs, within my family I feel like the only one who cares about sobriety.

I am grateful to be here with everyone. :two_hearts:

17 Likes

Hi,
I’m grateful for long chats with my daughters. They come and sit on my bed when they’ve finished work and chat about anything and everything, sometimes together sometimes on their own. It is so nice. I would never never have been able to do this a few months ago. By early evening I would have been past holding a conversation with anyone.
I’m grateful to be present in their lives and also my own.
I’m grateful to feel peaceful. No great shakes going on. Just plodding along each day, enjoying whatever comes up.
I’m grateful for not drinking today or wanting to.

19 Likes

Thanks Jen! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m a fall and winter girl, too. :wink:

8 Likes

I’m grateful my health has been fully restored and I’m grateful I got the job :grin:

16 Likes

Congrats on the new job @Shaunda !!!

6 Likes

Congratulations on both!

5 Likes

I had my intake appointment today with the eating disorder clinician at the hospital. It was quite the intake, lots of questions which I wasn’t prepared for. I purposely went in unprepared, if I had spent anytime thinking about what today would have been like I probably would not have logged onto that ZOOM appointment. I am grateful that I have been gifted the pause in recovery where I can sit with a question for a minute before I answer it. Not to think of how I will answer it, instead to let everything settle. To let all of the emotions that questions raise float back down to their appropriate places. I am grateful that I can respond today instead of react. I am grateful I have been placed with this particular clinician who is a Trauma Specialized Counsellor and has facilitated DBT in the past for many years. When she said to me that she likes to deal with the problem at hand and that ED is a symptom of the problem I knew we were going to get along great. I am grateful that she is not down with old school ideas around addressing ED. I am grateful for her experience, encouragement and gentle guidance.

I am grateful for a partner who is caring, understanding and is active in recovery. I am so grateful for him.

19 Likes

Hey, that’s so good to hear. Well done.
:sparkling_heart: And also, great news on a clean bill of health x

4 Likes

I’m grateful to support a good friend while on vacation. I hope to see you around :wink: I’m gratefully flattered how someone would want my advice.
I’m grateful I’m not drinking today.
And I’m probably not drinking tomorrow.
I’m grateful to finally be up early and have my coffee and TS time. Devotionals might have to wait til I get home.
I’m grateful some people seem to genuinely enjoy my trip posts. I’m grateful I love sharing it.
I’m grateful I get to do this trip. It’s sure been awhile.
I’m grateful for our tour guide.
I’m grateful he showed me what to look for and how in some art. And most importantly he doesn’t overwhelm me.
I’m grateful for Chef Louie.
I’m grateful for the captain of the boat.
And the nice ladies that look after our every need.
I’m grateful for my home group.
:pray:t2::fr::blue_heart::heart::motor_boat:

21 Likes

Gratitude Tour - I love it :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Good morning sober fam!

So very greatful today…

My sobriety
My growth in recovery
My hubby coming along with me on the sober journey, better late than never
Boscoe, even though hes not chilling with me this morning
My aunt has 30+ days of sobriety, never thought this was possible but she had a health scare
Being of service to other alcoholics
Peace with missing the reunion this year
Productive week at work, holy shit i cant believe its only wednesday
Waking up 1 min before my alarm :slight_smile:
Daily gratitude to get my mind right
Everyone sharing their sober journies and making me feel less alone in this struggle.

@Mno for teaching me how to attach gifs!!

Let us go out and slay the day soberly!

17 Likes

Hi everyone :revolving_hearts::tulip:

I’m grateful Stella shares her ED efforts with us. I’m finally coming to terms with the fact that my lack of drinking has shifted into another issue. ED is definitely a symptom, and I know admitting there’s a problem is going to be my first step in tackling it.

I’m grateful I have the time and headspace to work on myself. I never truly had that until I got sober. Some days I don’t know what to do with all the realizations… I should have left my first husband long before ten years, I should’ve stood up to my mom when she was so ugly to me, I should never have taken that first drink to drown the struggles. I had strength back then, the same as I do now. I’m just grateful that sobriety is allowing me to utilize that strength rather than bury it.

Congratulations on the new job @Shaunda! I’m so happy for you. :blush::yellow_heart:

@eph-M-eral, you might be on to something. When I have the girls, I smile so big and so much my face hurts! :joy:

I’m grateful for y’all. I truly appreciate the way we can share here. It helps to know I’m never truly alone. I’m grateful for that. :heart:

17 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help guide me to be my best clean and sober self while following your direction, just for today. I’m grateful for my recovery and its blessings and challenges. I’m grateful for All my family, friends,TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful I got dog cuddles all night and woke up to dog kisses. I’m grateful I got to take the dog home and can get ready to enjoy the rest of the day. I’m grateful theres a AA meeting this morning. I’m grateful its not to warm yet. I’m grateful for my health and my families and friends health. I’m grateful for daily readings, prayers and gratitude. I’m grateful for humor and laughter.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are Awesome, don’t forget K. Ya you!!

16 Likes

I am so grateful for the words of congratulations and encouragement on this,my home thread. :hugs:
I am grateful that one day at a time I did not have to take a drink for 2 months
I am grateful that I am learning that I dont have to argue with everyone I disagree with, especially board members of my R.O.C.
I am grateful that it is becoming slightly easier to shut my mind down from imaginary arguments in my head.
I am grateful for family that supports me both in my recovery and financial hardships.
I am grateful those financial hardships have an end date within site now! :partying_face: :confetti_ball:
I am grateful my higher power is stearing this boat when I remember to surrender.
I am grateful my husband has spent the last 4 days bombarded with family lol even though he is exhausted now. Im grateful I know him well enough to know he will want his couch time today and I will leave the house and let him just enjoy it. :wink: we all need downtime.
I’m grateful that im ever so slowly learning patience. That’s a hard one for me.

Thank you everyone for all the encouragement and support. :hugs:

Edited to add the picture :wink:

18 Likes

Huge congrats on 2 months!!! :partying_face:

image

9 Likes

Congrats @Shaunda for two months free from alcohol. Keep going :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Congratulations on your two months! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::sunny::innocent:

5 Likes

Two months is great. Nice to see you participating here regularly, keep working on that patience and don’t stop now.

5 Likes

Big congratulations!!! :tada::tada::tada:

5 Likes