Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery

9 Likes

Triple digits! :boom:100 :boom:
Awesome!

9 Likes

You have also helped and inspired me as well. Iā€™m a little late as I was on my mini vacation with family but didnā€™t want to let your post go unrecognized. Thanks for your lovely mention.

8 Likes

Ok, Iā€™m trying to do my graditudes daily. 2 months ago, I tripped over my ceiling fan (it was still in a box, not yet installed). I sprained my ankle pretty bad, possibly fractured something since itā€™s still swollen, But last week, the pain finally went away! :partying_face:

Well the next day, I pulled something in my back picking up Max. I tried stretches this morning, but made it worse. (Who says God doesnā€™t have a sense of humor). :grimacing:

Iā€™m grateful I currently have no vodka in my house. Iā€™m grateful I know it wasnā€™t Maxā€™s fault. Iā€™m grateful my job is remote. Iā€™m grateful I have several vacation days before my anniversary next month. Iā€™m grateful I can laugh at my clumsiness and pain.

Iā€™m grateful to all of you here. :hugs:

15 Likes

I hope you had a nice time! :hugs:

3 Likes

Hope your back eases up :hugs:

5 Likes

Oh no! Physical pain wears me down emotionally.
Iā€™m also grateful you donā€™t have any vodka in the house. I hope the pain eases up sooner rather than later my friend.

7 Likes

Today has had its ups, its serenity, its downs, its hurts, its joys, its lessons and its convictions. Im grateful for them all. Each teaches me its own lesson.
Iā€™m grateful for this new tool im learning and learning how to use. Not responding to things immediately, sitting with things regardless of it being uncomfortable, not rushing to a conclusion on how I truly feel or how something really affects me is not the easiest thing to do but it is definitely becoming the most helpful.

Im truly grateful for learning this no matter how slow of a learner I am.

13 Likes

I am so very greatful for everyones celebration of me reaching 100 days sober. Out in the world its expected. Here its appreciated and theres an unspoken understanding about how hard we work to fight addiction. Im so very greatful for all of you. I still need to catch up on the checking in thread after work but wanted to put my gratitude out into the universe first, and thats ok.

15 Likes

This is my 2nd gratitude post today, my 1st one sucked because I complained about my back. Iā€™m just having one of those days, we all have them.

I forgot to wake Max up to go out before dusk. I went outside in sweats, coat, hood up, yep, I hate mosquitoes that much. Walked inside after 2 minutes and sure as shit I have a big itchy mosquito welt on my forehead.

Iā€™m grateful I didnā€™t have more. Iā€™m grateful I didnā€™t drink because I definitely wanted to. Iā€™m grateful my boss postponed our afternoon meeting. Iā€™m grateful tomorrow is another day. :hugs: :blue_heart:

13 Likes

Triple digits!!! Outstanding!!

7 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for that Benadryl Spray.
And Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t live with those nasty suckers anymore.
:pray::hugs:

8 Likes

They donā€™t live in the desert or do you have some type of agreement with them not to bother you anymore? :mosquito: Iā€™m one of the people they love, must be because Iā€™m so sweet. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Me outsideā€¦

mr-bean-wasp

8 Likes

I never heard of a yellow fly (I googled it, no thank you). I was hunting a wasp in my house a couple weeks ago. Luckily I killed it because my next option was to burn my house down and move. :grimacing:

8 Likes

Want to start training mind a bit more to have an increase in gratitude, so Iā€™d like to post everyday on here. Even if itā€™s only 2 or 3 things I can think of. So today I am grateful for:
God
My husband and son
My shift in attitude
The positive interactions with random people I had today
And of course my recovery :pray:

14 Likes

Too dry for them here. And to much elevation in flagstaff. I grew up in New England and I sure as hell donā€™t miss them.
But that Benadryl spray is excellent on whatever itches ya :laughing:

4 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God please help me rest well tonight. Iā€™m grateful for recovery. Iā€™m grateful for ALL my family friend, TS and the grati-dudes. Iā€™m grateful I can take the time to catch up on here since I went sideways and relapsed from late Wednesday night until early Monday morning. Iā€™m grateful for my new clean date.

Iā€™m grateful that I cut myself a little slack and can try and quit cigarettes again in the future since I picked up everything again and tried to quit the cigarettes as well but, progress with the other stuff is going to have to do. Iā€™m grateful for daily readings prayers and gratitude. Iā€™m grateful that I didnā€™t stay gone long and hit another horribly low bottom. Iā€™m grateful I can tell people when I want to and try to get back to a place more focused on me and my balance. Iā€™m grateful for music and creativity. Iā€™m grateful that I went back to work today as I didnā€™t go the last five days. Iā€™m grateful to God, please give me strength.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are amazing. If you fall down get the fuck up. Ya you!!

26 Likes

Iā€™m grateful youā€™re alive and here doing your Gratitude Brian. Iā€™m so happy you were able to get the fuck up.
Sometimes I stumble. Sometimes I fall.
Sometimes head first into the wall.
Sometimes I want to scream about it all.
Sometimes I stumble. Sometimes I fall.
Heard an angle whisper in my ear
He said
Now donā€™t you worry about it all.
Heard an angle whisper in my ear.
He said youā€™re good enough anyhow.
Then I heard the angle laugh a little right out loud.
He said
You will always stumble.
And you will always fall.
Iā€™m only human after all.
Iā€™m only human I guess thatā€™s all.

Itā€™s such a lovely song from John McAndrew.
He travels around to rehabs.
I wish it was on You tube or something so I could send it to ya.
Love you man.
Big hugs. :pray:t2::heart:
Will see you here tomorrow where you belong.

15 Likes

Try this.
Iā€™m not sure itā€™s gonna go thru.
But If it does Iā€™m dedicating this song to you.
And anyone else who might need it.
To me itā€™s very moving.
And John knows from experience what we are all going through.
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

Hi Brian, glad youā€™re back! I always love your positive posts. I too messed up my longest streak and have been trying to get back & stay ā€˜on the horseā€™. As long as I keep trying, itā€™s a win! :grin: And hereā€™s a meme imitating my gracefulness. Enjoy your evening!

12 Likes