Daily Meditation Challenge

15 minute body scan completed :white_check_mark:
And yoga :+1:

4 Likes

Just now did 4 minutes and change of silent, laying down meditation. Used a mantra and breathing to the best of my ability. Feel pretty good.

2 Likes

I’ve been following the news of and reaction to Thich Nhat Hanh’s death closely. I’m surprised at how much his death has affected me, maybe moved me would be a better way of describing it. I’m not a dedicated follower of Plum Village but it is something I’ve been looking into recently as through my journey in sobriety and dabbling on the edges of Buddhist thinking, Thay’s teachigns have often resonated with and inspired me.

Anyway I was hoping to join the UK morning meditations that are being held on Zoom this week but I was just too late for the 6:15 start. I saw a guided meditation for today on the memorial schedule on the Plum Village website, so did that instead.

It is dedicated to him, but I think it is a lovely practice regardless. A reflection on the nature of life and death, or continuation.

3 Likes

Had monkey mind during my sit today. Went for a second round with @siand memorial meditation, thanks kindly Siand!
I’ll try to be mindful during my walking exercise, 3 durations of 1/2 hour~~foggy but not raining👍

3 Likes

Just now, seven mins of sitting, breathing, calming meditation. :v:

3 Likes

four minutes sitting quietly, mantra used a little… be happy, be healthy, be strong.
Namastae

1 Like

I did a ten minute silent meditation this morning it was nice.

Do you guys think we need to start a new thread for Feb or can we just rename this one?

Daily Meditation Challenge - Feb

Something like that?

3 Likes

Always good to keep that focus!

2 Likes

@Misokatsu
Here we are flo!!!

So we were going to choose from one of these two or you could do the one at the top of the thread which is beginner I would say. It was the one we did in Dec.

2 Likes

Great, thanks!

2 Likes

Happy with my 15 minute body scan just now. Not too distracted :pray::raised_hands::hugs:

3 Likes

15 min mantra meditation :white_check_mark:
The words really helped me, easier to stay focused today with that. Namaste

1 Like

Start a new thread please.
Every time I come one this thread I get a video that I have to close out that someone posted. So I will not be joining this thread. But I would like to be part of whatever the hell is going on next month.
:pray:

3 Likes

Hope this is OK to ask here. Just wondering if anyone would know what to focus on exactly when mediating on clearing chakras. I found a 20 min music meditation video for clearing all 7 chakras. Not even sure if this is what I need lol. I normally do guided mediations off my Balance app, which I quite like. But I haven’t gotten there yet to silent meditation or even to music. I need some sort of direction. I would like to try some meditations around clearing chakras. But looking for advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love body scans! They even the best ever!

1 Like

Same I stopped coming to this thread because of that random video.

1 Like

Starting a new one now!!!

3 Likes

There are specific sound frequency meditations for each chakra, I am pretty sure I told you about Insight Timer a long time ago so if you still have that app search “throat chakra” or whatever. Does this help? I am not sure it really is what you wanted.

You can basically search anything there.

Maybe… “complete energy cleanse sound bath”

Something like that my bring some interesting options up for you.

You may also find something you are looking for on the thread that Sian has going on.
Sound therapy - share your gongs, singing bowls and higher frequency vibes!

2 Likes

Oh okay! I have been using insight timer! It’s fabulous! I had no idea that there were sound frequencies for each one. I wasn’t sure if I should be like thinking about the chakra, where it is, the color, imagining it clearing… that sort of thing? Lol I will keep looking for videos :slight_smile: thanks so much!

3 Likes

Great day today- 1 hour meditation on Insight Timer app.

1 Like