Daily yoga practice 2022 - monthly threads

Creating a master thread to link monthly challenges too so I can bookmark one thread for the year! Have made it a ‘wiki’ thread which I think means other people can add to this OP.

January - YWA Move

Yoga in Feb - Black History Month

March Yoga Movement

Spring renewal yoga

3 Likes

Your original thread looks exactly the same to me :+1:

2 Likes

We had monthly yoga threads for a few months last year, so I am guessing there will be more this year, even if not every month :grin:

2 Likes

And yes absolutely it doesn’t affect Move at all. It’s an administration thing, mainly for my personal benefit. But I made it public instead of unlisted in case it’s useful to anyone else as well.

1 Like

Today I got my login for the yoga teacher training. I will have a look tomorrow. I have mixed feelings. I will just take it easy.

2 Likes

Why mixed feelings? And what type of yoga are you training in? There are a few different schools I’m aware of, don’t know how the options compare in different countries.

It’s because of me, well my feelings. It’s not a style what Iam doing. It’s more a school, Hatha Yoga based that teaches the principals, the elements water, air, fire and sol. I need to get out of my head and do something different. I am changing my mind so often that it’s even annoying for me. Yoga has been in my life since the beginning of my recovery. It has become a constant.

1 Like

Sounds great! And you can see where it goes. Even if it doesn’t lead to teaching will be a nice way of deepening your practice.

I have been thinking about doing Dru Yoga teacher training. They also do meditation, dance and sound stuff. But like you I’m always changing my mind. And got some big changes happening at the moment so going to just see how they play out first.

1 Like

Yeah and in addition to this I sense of balance between stress and stress from boredom is such a tiny spot. I am between,oh need to do something new and this and this and once it begins I get overwhelmed and lose all motivation for everything I started all together and I quit all. It’s a vicious circle I want to end. One thing at a time. Sobriety comes first. Then one thing.

1 Like

This week’s element of my practice is water :scream: let it go, acceptance. In downdog I was observing myself hating recovery. Too tedious, too slow. Yet, no alternative for me. So I keep on going and learning.