Day 1 (for the last time) 2024

Here I am. Day 1. The last time I want to say that. I’m excited to be a part of this group. I know that I can do this.

Started down this terrible path 10 years ago when I was a military wife and stay at home mom of two babies. I found out my husband had an affair for his entire year long deployment.

Started drinking.

Got a job to support myself and my children. Met an amazing new man. Got married. Progressed a career. Had a new baby 9 years later. Graduated college. My baby was sick and in the hospital on and off for his first year of life. Drank more to cope through that time.

I’ve recognized that drinking has become a problem that needs to end for the last two years. It ends now!

15 Likes

Welcome aboard!
I had also a lot of day 1s before I discovered this app. I’ve found it 257 days ago and today I’m 257 days sober :slight_smile: I wish you best and Im sure you can do this! We can do this! ODAAT

3 Likes

Oh, I see a fellow runner here :slight_smile:

Maybe this thread you will find interesting:

1 Like

Thank you! Congrats on 257 days, that’s awesome! Looking forward to having this community :heart: ODAAT

1 Like

Sweet! I love running! It’s definitely something I want to focus on through this journey

Hi and welcome its a great forum for advice or just a rant anytime of day with such helpful people.
Love the attitude keep going :blush: ADAAT :muscle:

2 Likes

Welcome Anastasia! :blush:
I can relate to drinking to cope with new baby health issues. Thinking back, my drinking escalated when my baby girl had heart surgery, followed by a numerous tests to determine the cause of her lack of development. I didn’t think my drinking was a problem back then because I always waited until nighttime when I was winding down with racing thoughts, but now I see that was the start to where it led me years later.

Wishing you the best on your journey!

3 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Great job! Today I completed day one. This is my 11th attempt.

2 Likes

I am so sorry you had to go through that. Thank you for sharing with me!

1 Like

Awesome! Let’s do it together! ODAAT

Welcome to this gang of fighters :muscle: we all have a story and a common goal … to support each other.
You are a strong woman, look how much you have already overcome… you will conquer this as well.
Congratulations on making better choices and being here. :grin:

1 Like

Welcome. :rainbow: Glad you’re here. This community has helped me get and stay sober. I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

1 Like

Welcome here and at your day 1 :confetti_ball:
Like you said this can be your last day 1 ever.
My last day 1 was more then 5 years ago. I found this app and 2 weeks later was my day one and I decided to give it all I’ve got in me.
The first year of my recovery I was here every day to check in sober. Maybe you want to check that thread out, it’s a very active one Checking in daily to maintain focus #64 Feel free to join!
I recognize the coping meganism about drinking to deal with hard situations in life. These days I found better and heathier ways to deal with life :blush:
I wish you the same, it’s liberating to live free again.
I always be addicted to alcohol, but I’m free of it’s chains :wink:

1 Like

I had a few day 1s. My last was 103 days ago. Joined this app on that day, read around for a couple days and have made sure to post every day, and also read others posts. I knew this time around was different but there have been times in that 100 days that without this app I probably would have picked up a drink. Stick around, stay strong and make this the last day 1.