Day 1, hoping for the best

I have tried to get sober several times in the past on my own and have always failed. I’ve never been able to be sober for more than a couple days at a time. I really want this to work so I thought maybe using apps this time would help keep me mindful about it. Or at least offer a distraction when I want to drink. Idk I feel so lost and like such a failure for letting it take over me so much. I tried to have a “sober july” and failed by the first weekend and have hated myself all month. I got lost in my addiction and I’m trying to find my way out.

4 Likes

I am in a similar boat. Tried many times and relapsed many times but I still don’t believe I’ve failed because I’m still willing and wanting to succeed. You’ve got this. I know you can because you know you can, or else you wouldn’t be trying. I’m on day 6 sober now, maybe we can help keep each other on track through here. You’ve got this!!!

5 Likes

Thank you :relaxed: Great job on 6 days, you got this too!!

1 Like

One thing that seems to be helping me is the daily log calendar feature in the app. On my phone it’s at the top right corner when I first open the app. It gives you the ability to rate how you feel each day and give a journal log. It’s nice being able to look back at each day. I always think I will remember just exactly how I felt in each moment but don’t. This is a good way to remind ourselves of how we feel though each step and how good it feels to detox and be sober.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip! I did not know that feature yet and I like it

1 Like

Im on day 6 whats helped me is this group… Watching intervention on youtube… Watching people’s storys on YouTube and also loggin onto 24/7 AA meetings

3 Likes

This society has been good support for me. Read posts here for start and keep motivated from the peoples experiences with sober life. I’m on day 6 and withdrawals are quite gone but boredom and anxiety hits me now. You can do this:)

2 Likes

Check ”Habits unplugged” on Youtube, there’s good motivating stuff on sober life with down-to-earth style

1 Like

Welcome to everyone that is new here!!!

This app helped me so much getting through the first few months of abstinence, I am not sure I’d have done it without this community. I read SO MUCH when I was first here, I just got lost in the threads. There is so much wisdom on this forum its crazy so try to read as much as you can. I will link some useful threads, well they were useful to me, maybe you will find them useful too. Hope to see you around here lots.

Welcome to the forum! 2022

Checking in daily to maintain focus #46

Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery

Meditation for Serenity - 2022 (tips, tricks & discussion)

4 Likes

Hey valmar welcome. This is a great place to talk to other people who have similar stories to yours. I have drank pretty much everyday since I was 15. I’m 32 now and finally have a few months plus under my belt. It’s not easy but it gets easier, and holy shit does it get better! I’ve used this app primarily to chat and be held accountable. At the end of the day you have to want it for yourself. Best of luck!

1 Like