Meditation for Serenity 2021-2024! (tips, tricks & discussion/ 3 years running woot!)

Hey to all you sober people looking to amp up your meditation game 2022 challenge is on its way!!!

There are 3 different challenges… I thought people can choose whichever they feel suits their current practice.

Option 1:

Option 2:

And
Option 3:

Looking forward to this, I felt huge benefits from the last one.

Edited: We have had a last minute entry as an option. We will call it Option #4 or the @dazercat you can find it here!!

43 Likes

Going to attempt five silent mins sitting now.

edit… made it just over six mins, focused on breathing and a mantra at times … mind was wandering so said a prayer during, that was a first… still got some nice calm moments and relief from it, feels nice to say. Namastae

10 Likes

Well done. Have you tried eyes open, watching a candle flame? I really love how peaceful this feels to me…

9 Likes

guided five mins. needed it

3 Likes

I did a silent 10 min with a candle straight out of bed this morning. I find this is the best time for me as my head hasn’t started spinning yet. Maybe it’s cheating!!! :sweat_smile:

I am going to try a new bedtime meditation tonight.

5 Likes

about five mins today, sitting, eyes closed, with just me, my breath and a mantra.

3 Likes

15 min quiet sit :white_check_mark:
Just about nodded off :arrow_right: back to the mantra!

2 Likes

This morning I did a 15 min seated meditation with Delta waves. It was a struggle keeping my mind of the burning pain in my body. I am think I need one of those little floor seats with a back on them so I have some back support… might look into one. I enjoy being cross legged and upright but the pain is really distracting. I did however manage the full 15 mins after continually turning my mind back to my breathing. Practice, practice, practice.

6 Likes

I’m going to join you. My meditation needs some work and I’m liking the candle suggestion. I’m going with option 3.

4 Likes

I love it! Let’s do it!

3 Likes

15 minute body scan :white_check_mark:
Now I can start my coffee meditation.
After will try to remember walking meditation for my 10 000
Just this present moment, together

6 Likes

today I did a guided lying down ten mins

side note… got a candle and lighter just haven’t tried it yet, also when i do the sitting meditations I don’t get on the floor, or cushion, a chair sit for this middle aged bad back guy :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Evening 15 minute body scan :white_check_mark:
Anger visited ne near the end of the meditation.
Just a passing impatience. How angry will I get on the 30 min sit? Staying curious :hugs:

4 Likes

Can I do an option 4?

1 Like

You can do whatever you like they are just ideas. I know for me its easier to have a guide to follow.

Do you have something in mind?

4 Likes

I usually fail miserably with challenges. This one seems doable though. I’ll give it a go. Looking for a morning meditation now.

4 Likes

Ya. But I don’t have a nice calendar like you do. And it’s a little more on the weeny side.

1 Like

I didn’t want to horn in on your thang :joy:

1 Like

It’s not my thing hahaha… its a continuation from whoever started Dec’s Thang. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

5 Likes