Day 1 , need support

Hello everyone im Milo and i am an alchoholic and a drug addict who wants to stop drinking and doing drugs.

I dont what to say more … Freaking hard

9 Likes

Welcome milo :wave: It is hard, you’re right. But it is worth it.

Stick around here, and also see what other resources can help you:

Resources for our recovery

Online meeting resources

Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

There are many other good threads too :innocent:

One day at a time :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Welcome, coming on here is a great way to help you achieve that goal. Reach out when needed as someone is always here to help, reach out to others cause sometimes you find your pushing yourself through your own advice. I’m Mary and I’m a life long alcoholic with 128 days being AF. I made 5.5 yrs once and blew it. That was 10 yrs ago. I’m grateful for the 128 days. Addiction is horrible and not fair but you can do it. Good luck

1 Like

Welcome to the community there are a lot of supportive people here I would suggest reading through some of the treads and ur making the right choice a sober life is a much better life it takes work but worth it just take it one day at a time we all want to see you succeed

2 Likes

Thank you for your replies, it means a lot in times like these and especially from people who understand the difficulties of that kind of a life. Can i even call it life ?

Welcome. You’re right. It is hard, but you are worth it. Lots of great information and support here. So glad you made it.

1 Like

Welcome Milo. Let’s have a good day, wish you well

1 Like

We’re here for you @Milo1 welcome!!! Keep talking through the cravings and you can make it through them. Well done on day 1, excellent!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Welcome Milo and you are doing the right thing you are here. It is amazing sometimes how sharing one’s pain suffering and difficulties end up helping others and in full circle end up ultimately helping you. One day at a time and sometimes one minute at a time. Just keep coming back.

2 Likes

Acknowledging that you want to stop and being here is an incredible step. Keep coming back for support and taking things one day at a time. So proud of you!

2 Likes

Welcome. Do this for you and no one else. Find some meetings. Lots on zoom. You can do it!!
God bless you. :pray::pray:

1 Like

Wow , so many responses and messages of support, it makes me happy to how people give freely of their time to support someone.

I appreciate it folks.

3 Likes

Welcome. Well done on taking the first, very hard step. You will find a lot of support here if and when you need it

1 Like

Hi Milo, I’m back here after a long (and unfortunately NOT dry spell), and I honestly think that one of my mistakes was that I stopped checking in here and being part of the community.
We can ALL do it.
If I may make a suggestion, a book that I (personal opinion, here) find very useful, is by Allen Carr, on how to stop drinking. Inexpensive, you can download it from Amazon… a great book

1 Like