Day 3 after a relapse early in the week

I’m on day three after a relapse from both alcohol and my eating disorder that I overcame years ago. I am determined to make it this time. I never checked in for day one or two, but I’m here now.

22 Likes

Glad you are here! Keep checking in, this is a great family to help!

2 Likes

@Neebie glad you came back

1 Like

Hi good job on getting back to it, glad you are back with us :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks! :yellow_heart: Me too. :slight_smile: Feeling a lot more strong after the last few months of events.

2 Likes

Thanks! :purple_heart: I am happy to be back and ready to tackle this with full determination! I look forward to the support again!

3 Likes

Good for you Brit! One day at a time.

Did you take some time before to really dive deeper into understanding your addiction? For me books & programs like these have made a huge difference:
Resources for our recovery

There’s some good online meetings as well. For many people it makes a huge difference knowing they can talk every day with people who understand:
Online meeting resources

You have the strength and depth to make this work. Take it one day, one hour at a time, and reach out for support to your sober community, anytime :innocent:

2 Likes

I felt pretty good first day. I went for a run and got school work done. Second day was also good, went for a 40 min run, did school and cleaned my neglected apartment. I had a very hard time falling asleep last night and was feeling a little emotional. I normally drank at night to stop my thoughts, emotions and anxiety. Also to help me sleep. But the drinking turned from one bottle of wine to sometimes two. Today I was feeling good even though I didn’t have as much sleep. I went for a run and did an upper body workout with a friend after, then made a nice lunch. Now I’m trying to do school work and it’s only 3pm, but I’m absolutely exhausted. Ugh.

4 Likes

listen to your body if it wants to rest let it rest, it will all balance itself out after time.

3 Likes

I tried to relax as much as I could tonight. Cravings were at a high tonight, but I got through it! Running a bath and hoping I pass out as soon as I jump into bed.

5 Likes

Hi Brit welcome back and congrats on your determination! You got our support and you got your own back it seems! Disordered eating is a fucking bitch, mine also acted up majorly in my drinking and sobriety. I wish you all possible strenght! You can do it! :heart_eyes_cat::muscle::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you! It feels good to be back on track. Yah, my main reason to finally kick this is because… drinking only worsened my ED. When I don’t drink, I am also able to better focus on my ED recovery! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks @Kevin2! Hello fellow Vancouverite!

I’m on day four now! Last night was difficult, but luckily I slept a lot better than I thought I was going to!
Hopefully today will be a good day! I’m off for a run and then to study!
Hope your day goes well too!

3 Likes

Day four!

I had a surprisingly great sleep last night. I slept for 8 solid hours, which is a miracle! I’m hoping the rest of my nights are like this. I know my body needs all the rest it can get right now. I do feel slightly more tired this morning. Even though I slept for eight hours, but I know that’s to be expected for a little bit while my body heals.

Hope everyone else has a great day! I’m off for a run!

2 Likes

Today was a much better day than yesterday when it comes to energy levels. After I went for my run, I was full of life! I spent the day working on biology at a cafe and then went home to clean and make a big batch of soup, because it’s cold here now! After making soup and cleaning I went back to studying for biology! I am now waiting for a friend to pick me up to go to the gym. Which I’m happy about, because normally it’s this time of night that’s the hardest to not wanna drink! Today I have no real cravings though! Here’s hoping that continues!

Hope everyone else had a productive and healing day! Xo

1 Like

Day six! I just went for a crisp morning run! :relieved:

3 Likes

Awesome! Keep up the great work! I’m new to all this and I’m 3 days sober after getting my FIRST AND ONLY DUI! (I need to speak positively about myself and goals to help change my negative mindset) I would drink at least 2 bottles of wine a day not counting bar time so I’m scared straight at the moment and hopeful that I will stay strong. Everyone is rooting for you. I will be going back to the gym Monday to help with distractions too. You’re beautiful and deserve to be happy and healthy

I believe in you! You got this! I too was drinking up to two bottles of wine A DAY! I was so ashamed. Especially if I started drinking in the morning, those were days I really wanted to numb my feelings… on those days I would drink up to three bottles. I can’t dwell on the past though. We must continue looking foreword and if we fail… fail foreword. Keep pushing yourself towards sobriety.

I actually just had my first panic attack since sobriety when I got home from my run. It was a really bad one. I knew it was coming at some point because I’m not suppressing my feelings with alcohol. I saw someone post something before with a trick to help stop a panic attack. You stick your face in ice water. I unfortunately didn’t have ice, so I stuck my head under the coldest temp my tub faucet would go. It actually worked! Then I sat on my couch to have a tiny cry.

Excercising has been wonderful to help with sobriety. I run in the late morning to boost my mood and energy for the day (and to make sure I don’t start day drinking), then then I go to the gym at night… because that was when I’d usually drink the most.

Thank you for your kindest! And I am always here for you!

:purple_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like