Day 3 and i feel horrible

3 days sober and broke up with my girlfriend i feel so horrible. How long will it take until i start feeling human again

8 Likes

Hey Ellie - congrats on trying to become sober. The beginning is tough but stick with it cause it does get better. The recovery/ healing time is different for everyone. I do hope you start gaining energy soon. Great to be surviving the days sober and doing so without a hangover

Im sorry that you are also going through a break up. Thats rough! Your heart will heal too - time heals all wounds (i used to think this was just a saying but its so true). The when is wgats different fir each of us.

Check out threads here and get as involved as you wanna be - its a great community for love and support and distraction :heart:

3 Likes

Day 3 is tough. I can honestly say it does get better. I was skeptical on day 3. I am at 14 days today and talkingsober.com and the community here are just awesome. Get to reading and posting when you feel comfortable. It does make a difference on how you are feeling physically and emotionally. Hang in there.

1 Like

Thanks for the words of encouragement will definitely put on a brave face. Will go through the threads.

2 Likes

Many factors. What are you detoxing from? How long you were using? Ect. Most of the sickness ( Acute withdrawal) is usually better by 7 days, but then you deal with mental and that depends on a lot of what i asked.

1 Like

Its been hell, i literally feel like a prisoner of my own mind.

1 Like

boff that is rough. double slammer. three days is obvs amazing. keep going with that. and be all kinds of nice to yourself. you’re hurting. you are allowed, nay, required to do everything other than using/drinking to make yourself feel a bit better, get some comfort, maybe a laugh or a smile, feel a tad more human. I wish you good luck with everything.

we have a very active check in thread where you’ll find community Checking in daily to maintain focus #54.

and some resources for you: Resources for our recovery.

Edit: a broken heart is not an illness or sth shameful, it shows that you wish for connection and that you love. that’s what I tell myself. be well. :mending_heart:

5 Likes

Hi Ellie, welcome to this amazing community! First few days are rough for sure but keep at it and youl get through it, what are u sober from? Sorry to hear about the break up but sometimes if your really serious about recovery its best to only have you to focus on for a while do although im sure it hurts it may just be for the best…do u have a sober plan?

1 Like

Early days are tough, and with emotional distress on top it is going to be extra hard. I think another week and the worse physical effects will be easing, but PAWS (post-acute-withdrawal-syndrome) can have you feeling bad at times for a while.
Emotionally, well, we are all having ups and downs with that. But sobriety gives us the time, energy and clarity to work on it.

Hie, alcohol and weed… To be honest i have no plan, i just know am trying not to go back to my old ways. People keep asking if am sick and they keep on saying i seem depressed, been putting on a brave face but I feel like am running on fumes, i keep crying myself to sleep.