My way from day one to present ❤️

Have you read any ‘quit lit’? I read a ton of it, memoirs, cautionary tales, how to’s …all was helpful in my journey…and kept my brain occupied. I highly recommend starting with This Naked Mind by Annie Grace and Quit Like A Woman by Holly Whitaker. I have a HUGE list of others if you are interested.

Glad you are here. This place has been an incredible support for so many of us (including the many lurkers who rarely, if ever, post).

3 Likes

This’ll do for that :innocent: Enjoy - and keep us posted :+1:t2:

5 Likes

You can do anything. But you also are not alone either way, we are here for u. This app is really supportive & the people really care. Don’t b afraid to lean on it

3 Likes

Wicca is a pretty good “religion” tho ngl if u believe in energy >>> & u get to practice magickit’s rooted in witchcraft. Js bc most ppl don’t believe in it but I’ve found it to be FUN ASF mainly :joy::joy::sob::sob::sob: more like a hobby than a religion.

2 Likes

I just bought “This naked mind” , thank you for the info :relaxed:
@Matt I need a group that speaks German, Smart Recovery seems to speak English only.
@Mephistopheles The only groups I did find are AA. But I’ll give it a try. If it’s not for me I still can go find another possibility or group right?

2 Likes

The key thing is determination. When we want something - really want it, to survive, to live, to thrive - we will do extraordinary things for it, stretch ourselves and grow in extraordinary ways. We will search and search and search and keep searching and growing and challenging ourselves, because it keeps us alive and it keeps us flourishing.

It’s like someone searching for water in the desert. That search, that thirst, is a determination where we let go of all distractions and focus on one thing: finding what we need to live and be the humans we are. :innocent:

Germany is a country of more than 80 million people. I cannot believe there aren’t groups there that would work for you, where you would thrive. It’s just a question of determined searching.

There’s a more extensive list of recovery resources (including many different programs and books) here:
Resources for our recovery

No one grows alone. We all have coaches and guides and mentors, for everything we do in life. Getting healthy (which means free from addiction) is no different.

Keep us posted! You have what you need. Take it one step at a time :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yes delete social media. This is why. I remember a few years ago it was the first day of elementary school. A friend took her daughter to school the same school my son went to. Her daughter was crying so loudly and was so aggressive towards her mother I thought authorities were going to be called it was that bad. All because she didn’t get into the same 5th grade class as her best friend. I go to FB only to see an adorable family portrait titled another wonder start to a school year. :man_shrugging::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Social media is everyone’s best life. I deleted mine years ago but I’ve always wanted to create one that is 100% fake. Me traveling around in private jets, solving world peace etc etc because people just pass on the BS they read as fact.

Another terrible aspect is it creates anxiety for absolutely no reason. You posted you’re worried about the energy crisis. So unless you work in energy, work for the politics of energy or department energy this is just a complete waste of time and your own person energy when in fact you could be doing something fun.

3 Likes

The luckiest club has no religious affiliation, nor does Tempest or Annie Grace 30 day challenge.

3 Likes

Never give up!

1 Like

When I hear people say “I really don’t want a religious program of recovery”. ( I smile a little and think to myself hmmm… School Spirit, and Game Spirit were they religious all this time?) For me AA is a Spiritual program. but not really a religious one. However do keep looking- check out S.M.A.R.T. recovery-Mike Massey is awesome, or Life Ring… Please whatever you do don’t stop coming. We need you.

2 Likes

I just have been to a Freundeskreis meeting here and it was all about community and no talking about religion. That’s the same in Kreuzbund meetings I attended. No matter what organisation they are.
And then a meeting the Caritas set up for younger addicts. And they asked me :crazy_face::see_no_evil:

I hope my guessing is correct that you are German.

2 Likes

Freundeskreis sounds nice, I checked their website and they offer a guided Chat from 7pm-9pm every day, easy to access.
I also wrote to AA here in my city and got so many answers already :heart_eyes: I have to check what’s near me. Seems that every place offers a meeting on Wednesdays, 1x/week. Better than nothing.

I do hesitate with AA because I don’t want to sit there and “pray” you know? That would feel awkward to me.
I’m happy for everyone of you guys who went there and liked it.
I will give it a try bc I think it’s better to physically go somewhere and talk face to face. Feels different than only chatting and, maybe, has more of an impact to me. Don’t know. I’ll see.

7 Likes

Had my first Freundeskreis Chat but it’s horrible via Smartphone. Next time I’ll use my computer.
Very nice people there and I got some good questions I have to ask myself.
Now dinner and some reading.
It was a good day :relieved:

4 Likes

I found a group that meets every Wednesday not far from my apartment. I can walk there.
Tomorrow I have to work til 8:30/9pm so I won’t have time to go, but next week I do go there.

3 Likes

You like that the decision is from within you the second thing you have to use the phone and not carry money
I wish God’s peace and strength for you in your life

2 Likes

Awesome planning, friend. You should be very proud of yourself

2 Likes

My intestines are doing something that feels like breakdancing today :weary: I know, the first week sucks.
But maybe the burger I had was just too much? Hm.
I should eat more healthy greens, gonna start with that tomorrow.
No racing thoughts today, that’s really nice. Quitting Twitter was a good step, I should focus on me and my health now. Whatever happens in the world happens, if I know about it or not.
Good night :wave:

3 Likes

Just came home from the Doctors office, I won 4 days of strict rest. Got some medicine for my gastritis that 100% was caused by the alcohol I had.
My body is clearly saying me if I ever do this again I’ll end up in hospital.

On the way home I got everything I need for chicken soup and Zwieback (double toasted bread, good for an upset belly).

Now tea and tv.

6 Likes

I love double toasted bread! I usually have it with cheese and charcuterie :yum:

Glad to hear you are taking some time to rest. You deserve it :innocent:

2 Likes

And I desperately need it.
I slept until now, being sick sucks. I’ll try to make some soup with veggies and chicken now.

2 Likes