Day one of my gettin sober today any advice or help apreciated

Hi like to introduce myself ive joined today to try get any support or advice on staying sober.Ive been misusing alcahol.and drugs for number of years alcahol my trigger for using cocaine somtimes i dont drink daily and dont xrave it but i use it as confort if stressed or anxious id atm im drinkin about 3 to 4 times a week i want to stop completly now thoigh so any help apreciated

11 Likes

Welcome to the Community :raising_hand_woman:
Your in a good place here it’s full of supportive people.
Take a read around to see how others have managed and what helps early on.

3 Likes

Alot of us check in daily here, it’s also a good way to get to know more of us :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thankyou :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: im currently having a read through now feeling very positive ill do it did it before for 3 years and unfortunate i met new freind who wasnt a very good influence as im very easily led and have very addictive behavior which never helps

3 Likes

It’s great that you found us here, this community is my support system, everyone is so caring and encouraging and I honestly wouldn’t be sober without this place.
Take it one day at a time and those days will stack up for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This app and community are a great place to start. You are always welcome here, free of judgement and shame. Ultimately, it is up to you to stay sober, but we are behind you every step of the way. The depth of your addiction, support system, and your level of commitment will all play a part in your success.
A lot of us have been in your shoes. Most of us have addictive personalities, so we replace those with activities less likely to wrap us around a telephone pole.
I’m glad you’re here, I’m rooting for your success.

7 Likes

Welcome Kezz
This has been a great sober community for me to get and give support for my sobriety. Have a good read around. Join in when you’re comfortable.
Here are two good threads to start:

4 Likes

Welcome! Make a goal to put a sober head on your pillow at night. If you find something or someone that is getting in the way of that happening remove it from your equation. It it seems impossible, reach out here, someone else has been there.
Set the intention and get to work. We can help you if you tell us what you need. I wish you strength. :heart:

5 Likes

Welcome! This is a great first step. Be active here, it will help

3 Likes

Thankyou so much the support helps me massivly and im already feelin more positive and can do this

3 Likes

We are here for you!

2 Likes

I’m glad you chose recovery :pray:. I’m only on day 4 and have been through hell but nothing can be worse than what my DOC did to me so I’m appreciative……you can do it. 1 day at a time

Me too day one for me again, i had 4 days sober already but here i am and i will make it happen completely, i will keep trying… i have faith and i totally can relate to the stress or anxiety drink to relax its how id been using alcohol.

You can do this :muscle::slight_smile: