Day one of trying to stop(:

So I just smoked the last bowl. I think, lol somehow I always manage to scrape a bowl. Lol sounds horrible but it’s the truth. Honestly it feels like a antidepressant the more I think about it. I dont like going to the doctor’s so this would be my way to deal with my problems on my own. I’m noticing that now so that’s pretty much really what makes me realize I want to stop for a bit. To see how I can handle life I guess without depending on weed. Been smoking for about 13 years and hardly ever stopped. Only pretty much for getting in trouble with the law. No bueno. I dont hate on weed I do believe it’s just like other medicine honestly better. But I’ve abused it I feel. This well give me a chance to also see that. So I shall see. It’s a big step for me, I’m already stressing it alot. This is the part were I give in an reup, but I really want to make it a week or something lol. Also doesn’t help that my family enjoys weed. Which I have no problem with that it just becomes so tempting. Welp first post, I’m hoping to learn more about myself and others, so hope you all do great on your journeys you’ve decided to take (:smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome Ayva.
Lots of good support here to help us all with our DOC.
Here are two good threads to start:

And you can use the search up on the top right to find people trying to stop using your drug of choice.

:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Well thats a start, it comes down to my choices I make that help to recover from my addictions. I smoked weed since i was a teenager and didnt see it as a problem either but it was because it always led me to something more harder to try and deal with life, always had to self medicate just to get through things. I always reached for a pipe or bottle or pill just to ease the pain or take the edge off, became a miserable existence when i had to rely on a substance to help me get through the day or have motivation to get out of bed and do anything like needing crutches or a wheel chair to get me around. Its a rough thing to go through to develope that dependency but a liberating feeling to break the chains. Glad to see you here an trying. :grinning::+1:

2 Likes

Heyy ayva

I’m 14days without pot

For me
My energy came back after 48 hours

It’ll be tough at times but it’s worth it

Give yourself a chance to recover for a few days

Maybe get a meal for a celebration

Put something in your special in your pocket to remind you that your trying to quit like a coin or a picture of a loved one

Dont give up and keep comming back
You got this

3 Likes

Omg that sounds like a good idea I already gave in around 2ish. :’( I really wanna keep trying tho just feel like it’s not my day right now:( idk

1 Like

Thank you so much already gave in but I still have hope and ur response means so much thanks you!!!

1 Like

Keep comming back and read lots

There’s so much more to sobriety

I went back and picked up 1000 times but I got back up 1001 times

You can do it :slight_smile: I believe in you

1 Like

I like that saying, I’ll keep it in mind:)

1 Like

Deffinetly :slight_smile:

but remember that a relapse is a big deal. Sometimes people pick up 1000 times and they might plan to get up 1001 times but I’ve seen young people get their life cut short just for 1 more time

Imagine 1 more time and to loose your life. I have seen it happen to young people too

I’ve seen it happen more then once

Be careful out there my friend
Stay strong