Declining Drinks Lines

Some excellent advice, agree with the consensus of being honest and saying I don’t drink rather than opening myself up to further questions if I lie. I might see if I can find a gym nearby least I can say I’m training or like Sian said deflect the bar invite with my own plans. It’s only a week, who gives a crap if I avoid as long as I’m pleasant in the office, reminds me, better wash my socks before then.

3 Likes

Let me check my rolodex:
Im on antibiotics for…
No, im ok right now, thanks.
I Dont drink…
Ive had my fill…
Maybe later,
Changed my mind,
A bit tired, early wake up
It’ll only put me too sleep…
Never on a school night,
Or the one that seems to work for women the world over …i have a headache.
(No offense intended ladies).

5 Likes

If you are as loveable as you sound in this post then you can go to London with a brave heart. You will never be the new boring guy. Show them that you don’t have to drink to have a good time. You got this!!

3 Likes

Hahhahaaa headache!!

2 Likes

Add another +1 to the simple “I don’t drink” category. I refuse to give any other reply. I am under no obligation to explain my life choices, as far as I’m concerned. The people in my life who matter already know my reasons, and I maintain a hard line on insisting that people respect my choice for no reason other than that it is my damn life, no further explanation required.

7 Likes

I have diarrhea, right @anon46927530?

3 Likes

Lately my answer has been “Alcohol doesn’t agree with me. It’s best if I stay away.” Usually the response is “That’s great, I wish I could do that.”

Most people, in my experience, want to cut down on their drinking and are actually impressed that others are doing it.

6 Likes

Try laughing manically and then just walk away. That’ll throw em for a loop.

8 Likes

Or you can just yell, FUCK THAT DEVIL JUICE!!

14 Likes

This one prob wont help ya in a work setting but im at the point i dont care much what people think anymore so i have fun messing with them…

“Nah man, if i drink one of those im gonna be up smoking crack or meth the rest of the night”

Its pretty efficient at shutting down the repeated “come on u can have at least one” comments too lol

6 Likes

100% worked!

1 Like

Ha, yea, be the boring new guy just don’t be the smelly new guy :joy:

3 Likes

Ah, that’s very sweet however I used to drink for confidence. I had pretty low self esteem in my 20s and loved the false confidence that alcohol and other recreational drugs gave me. I started working out a few years ago and I’m definitely more confident than I ever used to be, I still don’t like social situations though and worry that I’ll give in to the drinking thing so as I fit in rather than standout.

Some excellent advice here. Luckily it’s only 5 days. Because I’m a total nerd and can get away with talking about full on geek shit I considered accepting the invitation of “drinks after work” and then when asked what I want going for the non alcoholic response and when pressed say I’m writing a book on how my life has changed since giving up alcohol for 1 year, I’m on day (xxx) and look I’m in fucking London starting a new job, congratulations you’ve made it into chapter 21! Too much?

6 Likes

This is some good ones Spot on!

2 Likes

Ooh that’s good. My ex is vegan, I had no idea wine wasn’t vegan until we started going out, genuinely blew my mind. I’m pescetarian these days which is another sodding thing to have to explain to people. People can be so judgemental can’t they. A dog, it’s all you need in life, the love of a dog!

1 Like

Would normally work but probably not in London. There will likely be plenty of places selling vegan booze!

2 Likes

They’re little cuties!
This guy is enough to drive you to drink, don’t be fooled by his innocent look.

3 Likes

If you get pressed… Although then you might have to actually write a book :joy:

If you get pressed then play it by the situation. Or if you just want to talk about it then that’s up to you. I tell some people I’m an all or nothing type of person and with alcohol nothing works better for me. But I’ve never had anyone make me feel uncomfortable about it. Most people are like good for you, if they say anything.

2 Likes

Hahaha good point, I reckon I could knock one up in a weekend, pretty much how I got a degree, 10 cans of RedBull later.

1 Like

…while doing the Degeneration-X salute, then strut away in the other direction

2 Likes